Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 01-23-2023, 11:29 PM   #1
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
turns out, FL state law actually requires that black history ( actual black history) be taught. This proposed AP course included black queer theory, and abolishing prisons, and reparations, on the syllabus. that’s not education, that’s someone with an agenda.

Let’s not let facts get in the way of smearing the governor as a racist!
Really, someone is lying again because he knows his followers are blind

Here’s the syllabus

https://www.documentcloud.org/docume...abus-watermark
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Lets Go Darwin
Old 01-24-2023, 07:31 AM   #2
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
Really, someone is lying again because he knows his followers are blind

Here’s the syllabus

https://www.documentcloud.org/docume...abus-watermark
page 23 of the syllabus you posted, mentions queer study.

page 25 of the syllabus you posted, mentions reparations

your post supported the claims in my post, 100%.

you’re a pathological liar, not to be taken even a little but seriously. You had absolutely no idea what was even in the document you posted. Somehow you determined that it contradicted my claims, when it perfectly supported my claims. You don’t even know what you’re arguing.

Last edited by Jim in CT; 01-24-2023 at 08:14 AM..
Old 01-24-2023, 08:16 AM   #3
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
page 23 of the syllabus you posted, mentions queer study.

page 25 of the syllabus you posted, mentions reparations

your post supported the claims in my post, 100%.

you’re a pathological liar, not to be taken even a little but seriously. You had absolutely no idea what was even in the document you posted. Somehow you determined that it contradicted my claims, when it perfectly supported my claims. You don’t even know what you’re arguing.

Bitch. Slapped.
Poor victim

Oh! The Irony! By banning anti-racism education, DeSantis is proving critical race theory.

Some things are not allowed to be discussed because the mere mention scares you.

Blacks are imprisoned at 5x the rate of whites and it shouldn’t be discussed.

Everything must be framed in the context of a base-riling crisis, no matter how lurid or absurd: think CRT, antifa, caravans, drag queen story hour.

You don’t argue, you recite rhetoric

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Lets Go Darwin
Old 01-24-2023, 08:29 AM   #4
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

I guess Jim doesn’t own a TV or if so hasn’t really been watching, the commercials and the programming are all evidence our society has changed and accepted the portrayal of same sex, transgender and even the dreaded drag life styles. I won’t argue Jim’s position on preferring a normal from thirty or forty years ago, because I too feel we have become a disconnected society in many ways. But since it is now the normal and our kids are exposed in everyday life and may (debate that point) benefit from a educator handling questions that parents may not be willing or able to answer.
Old 01-24-2023, 08:48 AM   #5
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Got Stripers View Post
I guess Jim doesn’t own a TV or if so hasn’t really been watching, the commercials and the programming are all evidence our society has changed and accepted the portrayal of same sex, transgender and even the dreaded drag life styles. I won’t argue Jim’s position on preferring a normal from thirty or forty years ago, because I too feel we have become a disconnected society in many ways. But since it is now the normal and our kids are exposed in everyday life and may (debate that point) benefit from a educator handling questions that parents may not be willing or able to answer.
Hey Einstein, I was in favor of gay marriage before the state of CA voted it down, I was for it when Hilary and Obama were still opposed to it.

The fact is, the FL bill that the entire left referred to as "don't say gay", didn't do anything to single out homosexuality. It said that no sexuality of any kind (not homosexuality, not heterosexuality) was allowed in grades K-3. Is that really a hate-mongering bill? Do you feel the need to expose 5 year-olds to sexuality in public school? Maybe that says something about you, and about the people who opposed a bill that said "no sex to 5 year-olds".

While I'm in favor of gay marriage, I'd like to be left out of it, I don't need homosexuality shoved in my face every time I turn around. There's a good reason why bedrooms have doors. It's supposed to be private.

And the notion that young teenagers of both sexes should share locker rooms and bathrooms is so stupid, it's hard to believe anyone is OK with it.

Let 5 year-olds be kids. They aren't mature enough to process anything sexual. And with all the school they missed (FL missed less than most states), let's give them more reading and writing.

You want to teach 5 year old about sex, do it with your family, on your own time.

This is what the citizens of FL want. This is why he was re elected in a rout. If the law is unconstitutional, it will be challenged. Otherwise, elections have consequences.
Old 01-24-2023, 08:50 AM   #6
Jim in CT

Quote:
Poor victim

Oh! The Irony! By banning anti-racism education, DeSantis is proving critical race theory.

Some things are not allowed to be discussed because the mere mention scares you.

Blacks are imprisoned at 5x the rate of whites and it shouldn’t be discussed.

Everything must be framed in the context of a base-riling crisis, no matter how lurid or absurd: think CRT, antifa, caravans, drag queen story hour.

You don’t argue, you recite rhetoric
I absolutely humiliated you, and you think I see myself as the victim. How the world must look to you, it staggers the imagination...
Old 01-24-2023, 09:00 AM   #7
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
I absolutely humiliated you, and you think I see myself as the victim. How the world must look to you, it staggers the imagination...
Only in your small mind

Why does the entire Republican agenda involve stopping, limiting, or taking away something? Don't bare arms. Don't teach history. Don't take the Morning After pill. Limit who can vote. Don't have an abortion. Don't read these books. Don't say gay. Tell me again how it is the Freedom Party?

Lets Go Darwin
Old 01-24-2023, 09:23 AM   #8
Jim in CT

Quote:
Only in your small mind

Why does the entire Republican agenda involve stopping, limiting, or taking away something? Don't bare arms. Don't teach history. Don't take the Morning After pill. Limit who can vote. Don't have an abortion. Don't read these books. Don't say gay. Tell me again how it is the Freedom Party?
you posted the syllabus to show i was wrong about it containing queer theory and reparations. But the syllabus you posted, specifically mentions queer theory and reparations

“don’t teach history.”

yup. that’s what the GOP advocates for. you figured us out Pete.

“don’t read these books.”

no one is saying that. But not all books belong in a public school.

Liar.

Liberals never say “no” to anyone. right,,right. No one has ever been cancelled or censored by the left,,never. No mention of god in school, no displaying police flags, no saying “all lives matter”, no wearing mags baseball caps, blah, blah, blah…
Old 01-24-2023, 09:35 AM   #9
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
you posted the syllabus to show i was wrong about it containing queer theory and reparations. But the syllabus you posted, specifically mentions queer theory and reparations

“don’t teach history.”

yup. that’s what the GOP advocates for. you figured us out Pete.

Poor victim

Black scholars have spent decades curating Black American history so that it can be accurately taught to students. By negating their scholarship, DeSantis, a White guy, is telling Black ppl what part of their history matters.

Lets Go Darwin
Old 01-24-2023, 09:42 AM   #10
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:

Liberals never say “no” to anyone. right,,right. No one has ever been cancelled or censored by the left,,never. No mention of god in school, no displaying police flags, no saying “all lives matter”, no wearing mags baseball caps, blah, blah, blah…
I missed official government announcements regarding those.

Lets Go Darwin
Old 01-24-2023, 12:15 PM   #11
detbuch

Quote:
Only in your small mind

Of course, propaganda is full of misrepresentation, as is your propaganda. That is not the "entire" Republican agenda. Nor is most of what you said true. Republicans believe that American citizens have the right to own, carry, and use guns. They are for teaching history. They don't limit who can vote beyond any constitutional limit. They are mixed on when, or if, abortion should be legal. They don't demand that "these" books should not be read. They don't demand that you cannot say "gay" (the Dems do ban certain words that are "racist" or provocative, they even change the meaning of words, like "racist" to suit there agenda).
So, yeah, the Repubs are pretty much for freedom. Even for the freedom of people and communities to decide, within the parameters of the Constitution, on those don'ts that you mention.