Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 08-14-2020, 07:09 AM   #61
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
Originally Posted by detbuch View Post
I can't grasp what is meant by your "to lead the administration of the USA". There are a lot of different administrations in the U.S.--local, state, and federal. And the federal is divided into three separate branches. Each of which administers its own business.

There is de facto in place, incrementally and unconstitutionally created over time by Progressives, something called the administrative state. It operates in contradistinction to the Constitution. It actually has legislative, executive, and judicial power, is fiercely anti-separation of powers, and is absolutely dictatorial. From all your posts, I get the distinct impression that it is this administrative state, with a strong very powerful rather unlimited executive, that you would prefer as the entity to administer the USA. Which, to a great extent, without the strong President, it does.

This is a very good article that explains the administrative state. I highly recommend that you read it. I think you'll have a great affinity with its governing ideas. https://www.heritage.org/political-p...-means-limited
You ‘can't grasp what is meant by your "to lead the administration of the USA".’ because you, like Tweety, have no idea what real leaders do.
A Crisis makes or breaks a Presidency, look at Roosevelt with a Depression, drought and WW2 or Bush with 9/11 and Obama with H1N1 and a severe recession.
All stepped up to the plate, delivered the message that got Americans to join together in pursuit of a goal.
Tweety’s divisiveness and attempts to hide the problem have led the USA to the worst response to the pandemic in the developed world.
All Presidents have critics, inside and outside the administration. Presidents deal with it, it comes with the job and they once elected become the President for all Americans. Not this bird, from his dark inaugural speech to his saying out loud that Governors need to praise him to get aid, he has clearly divided Americans.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Lets Go Darwin
Old 08-14-2020, 09:25 AM   #62
detbuch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
You ‘can't grasp what is meant by your "to lead the administration of the USA".’ because you, like Tweety, have no idea what real leaders do.

I do have an idea. And Biden is not a real leader. He is a tool and a sycophant of his party. Unlike "Tweety," he has made a fortune off of the power he has accrued by that servile relationship. I have no illusion about Biden knowing who I am or caring about it. He's in it for him not me. And his ticket is not some innate power to lead, but his willingness to follow the party line, regardless of how it may change, he will flow with it no matter which direction it takes. If it wants a green new deal, he'll pump that. If it wants to grab your guns, he'll promote that. He will not somehow "lead" us into some great new revival of constitutional government. He will slavishly follow the Progressive transformation away from that.

A Crisis makes or breaks a Presidency, look at Roosevelt with a Depression, drought and WW2 or Bush with 9/11 and Obama with H1N1 and a severe recession.
All stepped up to the plate, delivered the message that got Americans to join together in pursuit of a goal.

Roosevelt prolonged the depression rather than leading us out of it. He was dragged into WW2 and he turned that event into the massive expansion of Soviet power which helped to divide the world not unite it. He greatly advanced the administrative state that you unwittingly admire, but which destroys separation of powers and the basis of the Constitution.

Bush has been excoriated for his response to 9/11 and just about everything else he did by the very folks you want to put in power. He was also called a dummy by those folks.

H1N1 was not a pandemic nor difficult to contain since it requires transmission of body fluids from person to person. Nor did he have a mainstream press that tried daily to denigrate him and get him removed. And he certainly didn't have a worldwide pandemic to cause a shut down of the economy which would have devastated it rather than slowly revive it.

Tweety’s divisiveness and attempts to hide the problem have led the USA to the worst response to the pandemic in the developed world.
All Presidents have critics, inside and outside the administration. Presidents deal with it, it comes with the job and they once elected become the President for all Americans. Not this bird, from his dark inaugural speech to his saying out loud that Governors need to praise him to get aid, he has clearly divided Americans.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
This divisiveness meme is more a result of the opposition party and media constantly painting him as some horror that needs to be removed. You're an example of that. You keep saying that he said things that he didn't. Even after you've been factually corrected, that doesn't stop you. You keep repeating the big lie so that it will become the "truth."

Our normal political division has been exacerbated by one of the greatest political onslaughts against a President in US history. It has intentionally divided us while implanting the notion that Trump is who has divided us.
Old 08-14-2020, 09:58 AM   #63
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
This divisiveness meme is more a result of the opposition party and media constantly painting him as some horror that needs to be removed. You're an example of that. You keep saying that he said things that he didn't. Even after you've been factually corrected, that doesn't stop you. You keep repeating the big lie so that it will become the "truth."

So Tweety's failures are the responsibility of (1) the biased “fake news” media, (2) over-the-top liberals, (3) hypocrites on the left, (4) anyone else victimizing Mr. Trump or his supporters.

Tweety is the master of the big lie, yesterday he started anew with his timeworn racist birther conspiracy theory, that he heard and doesn't know but willingly repeats.

On H1N1 you are wrong, the pandemic H1N1 virus is spread from person to person, similar to seasonal influenza viruses and Covid-19. It is transmitted as easily as the normal seasonal flu and can be passed to other people by exposure to infected droplets expelled by coughing or sneezing that can be inhaled, or that can contaminate hands or surfaces.

Our normal political division has been exacerbated by one of the greatest political onslaughts against a President in US history. It has intentionally divided us while implanting the notion that Trump is who has divided us.
Sure, the lifelong victim in the White House claims to have it worse than any previous President, even Lincoln. It doesn't fly.

So let’s get this straight:

WSJ headline: As Kamala Harris Joins Biden Ticket, Wall Street Sighs in Relief

Politico Headline: Left wing rankled by choice of Harris for VP

In These Times Headline: Now Comes the Difficult Work of Pushing the Biden-Harris Ticket Left

Wall Street is happy with Kamala Harris and thinks she’ll be good for business.
Left-wing activists are freaked out by her and think that Biden picking Harris signals that the progressives are losing.
The left-wing media straight up says, Hey Biden-Harris isn’t on our side, we have to drag them to the left somehow.
And Tweety’s plan, that you are pushing, is to claim that Kamala Harris is a commie radical who represents an existential threat to the American order?

That just isn’t going to fly, Democrats have the far left under control, while Republicans are being controlled by the far right.

Last edited by Pete F.; 08-14-2020 at 10:12 AM.. Reason: Add

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Lets Go Darwin
Old 08-14-2020, 10:15 AM   #64
spence

Quote:
That just isn’t going to fly, Democrats have the far left under control, while Republicans are being controlled by the far right.
I wouldn't say Repubs are controlled by the far right, they are largely controlled by Trump who uses the far right as a wedge.

Many have woken from the black sleep of Kali Ma, but many remain in a trance.
Old 08-14-2020, 10:23 AM   #65
detbuch

Quote:
So Tweety's failures are the responsibility of (1) the biased “fake news” media, (2) over-the-top liberals, (3) hypocrites on the left, (4) anyone else victimizing Mr. Trump or his supporters.

From the topic I responded to, divisiveness, you're switching to "Tweety's failures."

Tweety is the master of the big lie, yesterday he started anew with his timeworn racist birther conspiracy theory, that he heard and doesn't know but willingly repeats.

I thought he was too stupid to be the master of something. Regardless, I was speaking about your pumping the big lie, which you do. I don't know if you're the master of it, but you persistently do it.

On H1N1 you are wrong,

You are correct (see, Got Stripers, I do sometimes agree with you guys), I was thinking about the Ebola outbreak.

Sure, the lifelong victim in the White House claims to have it worse than any previous President, even Lincoln. It doesn't fly.

I didn't say that. I wasn't quoting Trump. I said "one of the greatest political onslaughts against a President in US history."

So let’s get this straight:

WSJ headline: As Kamala Harris Joins Biden Ticket, Wall Street Sighs in Relief

Politico Headline: Left wing rankled by choice of Harris for VP

In These Times Headline: Now Comes the Difficult Work of Pushing the Biden-Harris Ticket Left

Wall Street is happy with Kamala Harris and thinks she’ll be good for business.
Left-wing activists are freaked out by her and think that Biden picking Harris signals that the progressives are losing.
The left-wing media straight up says, Hey Biden-Harris isn’t on our side, we have to drag them to the left somehow.
And Tweety’s plan, that you are pushing, is to claim that Kamala Harris is a commie radical who represents an existential threat to the American order?

None of what you want to get straight has to do with my post which you are supposedly responding. My post was about your "leadership" stuff. And your "divisiveness" stuff.

Your let's get this straight stuff implies that Harris is the actual driving force behind Biden/Harris. So much for Biden The Leader.

And your notion that the Democrats have the "far left under control" is not only optimistic, it covers up the fact that the Democrats are far left enough that they have been the main machine which drives the Progressive transformation of our system into an administrative state. And that administrative state is diametrically opposed to the Constitution in as far left a way that it can be.

Last edited by detbuch; 08-14-2020 at 10:32 AM..
Old 08-14-2020, 10:53 AM   #66
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
None of what you want to get straight has to do with my post which you are supposedly responding. My post was about your "leadership" stuff. And your "divisiveness" stuff.

Your let's get this straight stuff implies that Harris is the actual driving force behind Biden/Harris. So much for Biden The Leader.

And your notion that the Democrats have the "far left under control" is not only optimistic, it covers up the fact that the Democrats are far left enough that they have been the main machine which drives the Progressive transformation of our system into an administrative state. And that administrative state is diametrically opposed to the Constitution in as far left a way that it can be.
So sayeth the man from the far right

Lets Go Darwin
Old 08-14-2020, 11:13 AM   #67
detbuch

Interesting perspective on Obama/H/1N1 testing and Biden's attacks on Trump's screening: https://www.foxnews.com/politics/fla...on-white-house

"In late July, the CDC abruptly advised states to stop testing for H1N1 flu, and stopped counting individual cases," CBS News reported in 2009. "The rationale given for the CDC guidance to forego testing and tracking individual cases was: why waste resources testing for H1N1 flu when the government has already confirmed there's an epidemic?"

"CBS News reported that the decision to "stop counting H1N1 flu cases was made so hastily that states weren't given the opportunity to provide input."

"Ron Klain, who served as Biden's chief of staff in 2009 and currently advises him on health matters, remarked last year: “It is purely a fortuity that this isn’t one of the great mass casualty events in American history. It had nothing to do with us doing anything right. It just had to do with luck. If anyone thinks that this can’t happen again, they don’t have to go back to 1918, they just have to go back to 2009, 2010 and imagine a virus with a different lethality, and you can just do the math on that.”

"Klain has since backtracked, claiming he was only talking about vaccine difficulties."
Old 08-14-2020, 11:15 AM   #68
detbuch

Quote:
So sayeth the man from the far right
Actually, the Constitution is the "center." I am a constitutionalist.
Old 08-14-2020, 12:00 PM   #69
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
I wouldn't say Repubs are controlled by the far right, they are largely controlled by Trump who uses the far right as a wedge.

Many have woken from the black sleep of Kali Ma, but many remain in a trance.
Love Indian Jones movies, but that wasn’t his best, but I like the comparison fits perfect.