Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 08-20-2020, 09:41 AM   #1
wdmso

DOJ good or Bad

even the DOJ is sending mixed messages especially to Trump supporters

Mr Bannon and three others defrauded hundreds of thousands of donors in connection with the "We Build the Wall" campaign, which raised $25m (£19m), the US Department of Justice (DoJ) said.

Mr Bannon received more than $1m, at least some of which he used to cover personal expenses, the DoJ said.

yet over at the bases favorite site comments such as

The left is viscious and evil. We must defeat them completely in November and then go after them until they can't grow back.

Trump 2020!! America's Freedom is at Stake!

Do these people even understand whos in Charge?? or what Freedom is
Old 08-20-2020, 09:44 AM   #2
spence

What wait, you mean ANOTHER senior Trump advisor has been indicted???
Old 08-20-2020, 09:49 AM   #3
zimmy

He's the law and order president.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Old 08-20-2020, 10:06 AM   #4
wdmso

Quote:
Originally Posted by zimmy View Post
He's the law and order president.
He loves his catch and release.. then pardon,, style of law and order
Old 08-20-2020, 10:11 AM   #5
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Does the president run out of pardons, how many more friends and campaign staff are left that haven’t been charged with something?
Old 08-20-2020, 10:45 AM   #6
detbuch

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
even the DOJ is sending mixed messages especially to Trump supporters

Mr Bannon and three others defrauded hundreds of thousands of donors in connection with the "We Build the Wall" campaign, which raised $25m (£19m), the US Department of Justice (DoJ) said.

Mr Bannon received more than $1m, at least some of which he used to cover personal expenses, the DoJ said.

yet over at the bases favorite site comments such as

The left is viscious and evil. We must defeat them completely in November and then go after them until they can't grow back.

Trump 2020!! America's Freedom is at Stake!

Do these people even understand whos in Charge?? or what Freedom is
Barr is an honest man. Trump administration fired Bannon. If Bannon is guilty of serious fraud, I'm disappointed in him. He has certainly been mischaracterized as something he isn't, such as alt-right, and racist.

I don't think the Progressive left is vicious and evil. It has what it considers good intentions. I think it is about transforming us from what used to be a constitutional republic to its ideal model of an administrative state. Until there is an honest, well understood, debate on the merit of that transformation, we just get lost in the deceptive mire of politics and personalities.
Old 08-21-2020, 09:41 AM   #7
Pete F.
Canceled

Barr tried to put someone he controlled into the SDNY office, didn't work.

Bannon is now looking at a maximum sentence of 20 years in a district where you can only get credit for cooperating if you truthfully disclose all criminal conduct you are aware of.

https://www.justice.gov/usao-sdny/pr...reds-thousands

Steve Bannon could bury Trump, Kusher, Don Jr. Ivanka, the whole cabal. I hope he flips like a pancake on a griddle.

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Lets Go Darwin
Old 08-21-2020, 09:49 AM   #8
spence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
Steve Bannon could bury Trump, Kusher, Don Jr. Ivanka, the whole cabal. I hope he flips like a pancake on a griddle.
Prince would be an easy target also.
Old 08-21-2020, 05:38 PM   #9
RickBomba

Quote:
Originally Posted by detbuch View Post
Barr is an honest man. Trump administration fired Bannon. If Bannon is guilty of serious fraud, I'm disappointed in him. He has certainly been mischaracterized as something he isn't, such as alt-right, and racist.

I don't think the Progressive left is vicious and evil. It has what it considers good intentions. I think it is about transforming us from what used to be a constitutional republic to its ideal model of an administrative state. Until there is an honest, well understood, debate on the merit of that transformation, we just get lost in the deceptive mire of politics and personalities.
Dirty embezzler, and tax evader.

Throw the book at him, but after January. No hope for pardon.

John Redmond Thinks He's Smart By Changing My Avatar