Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 08-12-2020, 01:51 PM   #31
detbuch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
I don’t think Biden should debate Tweety until he releases his taxes.
The American people need to know WHO is in this debate before they debate. Release your tax records, Mr. President. You claim to be a very wealthy man, and the American people deserve to know who you depend upon for your wealth before going to the polls in November.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
No. That's not important. It is a fishing expedition. Enough with stupid, costly, politically motivated investigations. It is far more important to reign in the size and scope of government. That is what many of "The American people" want, and to investigate why we have arrived at this top heavy government that wants to regulate every aspect of our lives.
Old 08-12-2020, 01:54 PM   #32
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Got Stripers View Post
Jim if everyone followed your wacky line of reasoning, everyone stays home, no more elections ever, because good luck finding someone willing to go into the f*cked up world of politics who doesn’t have some character flaws.

The irony of that logic is that Trump has them in spades, so for me it’s just a repeat of 2016 and trust me this time around I don’t have to force myself to vote democratic. Last time around it wasn’t an easy choice, it was the lesser of two evils, this time around it’s an easy choice for me anyway.

"good luck finding someone willing to go into the f*cked up world of politics who doesn’t have some character flaws."

Not buying it. It wasn't all that long ago that nominees were named Obama, McCain, Romney, Bush. Those people weren't perfect, but nothing like Trump or Hilary. So I disagree with your premise. The problem is that we are getting stupider and stupider. We are so stupid, we confuse crassness with intelligence. Not that long ago, "The Kardashians" wouldn't have had an audience. Now its a huge hit.

Call that reasoning wacky if you want. I'm certain I'm right.

"for me it’s just a repeat of 2016"

pretty much.

"this time around it’s an easy choice for me anyway"

Easier for me this year too.
Old 08-12-2020, 03:12 PM   #33
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
"good luck finding someone willing to go into the f*cked up world of politics who doesn’t have some character flaws."

Not buying it. It wasn't all that long ago that nominees were named Obama, McCain, Romney, Bush. Those people weren't perfect, but nothing like Trump or Hilary. So I disagree with your premise. The problem is that we are getting stupider and stupider. We are so stupid, we confuse crassness with intelligence. Not that long ago, "The Kardashians" wouldn't have had an audience. Now its a huge hit.

Call that reasoning wacky if you want. I'm certain I'm right.

"for me it’s just a repeat of 2016"

pretty much.

"this time around it’s an easy choice for me anyway"

Easier for me this year too.
If your comfortable voting for a con, a poser and one stupid sob, you have that right. I’d rather vote for someone with an educational level above the eighth grade.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	3FE37850-5013-4ABB-9298-8E402EE6D7CA.jpeg
Views:	331
Size:	112.2 KB
ID:	67266  
Old 08-12-2020, 04:18 PM   #34
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Not so sleepy after all and I’m pretty sure he knows how old our country is.
Old 08-12-2020, 04:41 PM   #35
RickBomba

Knee pads gonna be for Donny on Rikers in 2022.
Old 08-12-2020, 05:45 PM   #36
Jim in CT

Quote:
If your comfortable voting for a con, a poser and one stupid sob, you have that right. I’d rather vote for someone with an educational level above the eighth grade.
do you feel that post is a fair depiction of those two men at this time?

Biden promises to provide a cure for cancer if we elect him. tell me that’s not the work of a scumbag con man?

defend that. tell me that’s not satanic, to exploit people
at their most desperate and vulnerable.

i keep
asking about that, none of you will respond. msnbc hasn’t told
you how to respond i suppose.
Old 08-12-2020, 05:54 PM   #37
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Your stuck Jim, I get it, but trust me one optimistic statement on where research can take us, is better than this pandemic will disappear like magic. Trump is a loose cannon and a wide card that could ruin this country and do so much damage on multiple fronts, many of which might not cripple us; but our kids and their children might pay a big price.
Old 08-12-2020, 05:59 PM   #38
Jim in CT

Quote:
Your stuck Jim, I get it, but trust me one optimistic statement on where research can take us, is better than this pandemic will disappear like magic. Trump is a loose cannon and a wide card that could ruin this country and do so much damage on multiple fronts, many of which might not cripple us; but our kids and their children might pay a big price.
when he explicitly promises a cure, and you can spin that as merely being optimistic about research, id say you and i are about done.

he promised a cure for cancer, contingent upon his being elected.

i did try gs. no talking to you.

Biden isn’t a loose cannon? he was a loose cannon before he went senile.

“i promise you if i’m elected president, we’re gonna cure cancer.”. that’s the quote.

Last edited by Jim in CT; 08-12-2020 at 06:07 PM..
Old 08-12-2020, 06:25 PM   #39
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Really scroll up and see Trumps revelation about our ties to the ancients and than we can talk about the weak minded.��
Old 08-12-2020, 06:51 PM   #40
Jim in CT

Quote:
Really scroll up and see Trumps revelation about our ties to the ancients and than we can talk about the weak minded.��
Jim: biden promises a cure for cancer.

GS: scroll
up and see what trump
did!

TDS...
Old 08-12-2020, 07:12 PM   #41
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

It’s so easy to wind you guys up now, it’s going to be a fun couple months, isn’t politics fun?
Old 08-12-2020, 08:51 PM   #42
detbuch

Quote:
It’s so easy to wind you guys up now, it’s going to be a fun couple months, isn’t politics fun?
Please . . . continue to have fun looking like a clown.
Old 08-12-2020, 09:10 PM   #43
wdmso

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
Jim: biden promises a cure for cancer.

GS: scroll
up and see what trump
did!

TDS...
And Trump covid 19 will disappear. Your point
Old 08-13-2020, 06:38 AM   #44
Pete F.
Canceled

Biden Harris campaign slogan

Character Matters
Ignorance Kills

or

They will work to keep you healthy and safe, they won’t golf while you die
Old 08-13-2020, 07:18 AM   #45
JohnR
Certifiable Intertidal Anguiologist

Quote:
I don’t think Biden should debate Tweety until he releases his taxes.
The American people need to know WHO is in this debate before they debate. Release your tax records, Mr. President. You claim to be a very wealthy man, and the American people deserve to know who you depend upon for your wealth before going to the polls in November.
No - we need to see the Cognitive Decline side by side, unscripted

~Fix the Bait~ ~Pogies Forever~

Striped Bass Fishing - All Stripers

Kobayashi Maru Election - there is no way to win.

Apocalypse is Coming:
Old 08-13-2020, 07:43 AM   #46
spence

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnR View Post
I don’t think that’s going to mean much to most voters.
Old 08-13-2020, 08:08 AM   #47
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnR View Post
Just comes down to people with empathy or the guy who thinks the stock market is the economy

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Lets Go Darwin
Old 08-13-2020, 10:07 AM   #48
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Pence on Wednesday told Fox News’ Sean Hannity that Trump had “seen us through the worst pandemic in 100 years” and “we’ve already created more jobs in the last three months than Joe Biden and Barack Obama created in their eight years in office.”

No gaslighting there right?
Old 08-13-2020, 10:13 AM   #49
detbuch

Quote:
Just comes down to people with empathy or the guy who thinks the stock market is the economy
The free market is not based on nor driven by empathy. If anything, empathy would be a barrier to creating a thriving economy. The best empathy would be a result of a good economy, not a driving force behind it.

Create a strong economy first and then you will have the realistic means to devote time and money to spend on empathy.
Old 08-13-2020, 10:15 AM   #50
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
Originally Posted by detbuch View Post
The free market is not based on nor driven by empathy. If anything, empathy would be a barrier to a thriving economy. The best empathy would be a result of a good economy, not a driving force behind it.

Create a strong economy first and then you will have the realistic means to devote time and money to spend on empathy.
More baloney, need a capable administrator

If we had a normal president—Obama or Bush, Jeb or Marco or Ted or Carly, Hillary or, yes, Bernie—we would have contained and rolled back the virus, and businesses, schools, and college football would be reopening. Trump alone could have mishandled the pandemic so disastrously.

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Lets Go Darwin
Old 08-13-2020, 11:50 AM   #51
spence

Quote:
More baloney, need a capable administrator

If we had a normal president—Obama or Bush, Jeb or Marco or Ted or Carly, Hillary or, yes, Bernie—we would have contained and rolled back the virus, and businesses, schools, and college football would be reopening. Trump alone could have mishandled the pandemic so disastrously.
A normal president?

You mean weaponizing the postal service to influence an election isn't normal?

You mean helping a popular black entertainer with mental health issues run for president in a desperate stunt to try and siphon off a few votes isn't normal?

It's perfectly normal for Belarus, why isn't that good for us?
Old 08-13-2020, 12:49 PM   #52
PaulS

oh, those Damn funny Repubs.

A Virginia mayor is facing calls for his resignation over a Facebook post in which he said that Joe Biden "just announced Aunt Jemima" as his vice-presidential running mate.
Old 08-13-2020, 01:47 PM   #53
scottw

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulS View Post
oh, those Damn funny Repubs.

A Virginia mayor is facing calls for his resignation over a Facebook post in which he said that Joe Biden "just announced Aunt Jemima" as his vice-presidential running mate.
He should resign. That’s an insult to Aunt Jemima
Old 08-13-2020, 02:01 PM   #54
Pete F.
Canceled

It's been a few days since VP nominee Kamala Harris joined Joe Biden's ticket & the birtherism attacks have begun. Jenna Ellis, a Trump campaign advisor, is openly questioning whether Harris is eligible to be on the ticket. Harris was born in the U.S. & is clearly eligible.
Old 08-13-2020, 02:04 PM   #55
spence

Quote:
It's been a few days since VP nominee Kamala Harris joined Joe Biden's ticket & the birtherism attacks have begun. Jenna Ellis, a Trump campaign advisor, is openly questioning whether Harris is eligible to be on the ticket. Harris was born in the U.S. & is clearly eligible.
Listen, she was either born in India, California or Jamaica. It can only be one of the three. This means she only has a 33% chance of actually being eligible to run for President.
Old 08-13-2020, 03:11 PM   #56
detbuch

Quote:
More baloney,

"The free market is not based on nor driven by empathy" is baloney? Ok, let's see you try to start a business that relied on empathy to establish what would be profitable to buy and sell, how you would produce or buy the product, who to hire, and how to establish the price of what you sell.

need a capable administrator

The U.S President can only administrate the duties prescribed to him in Article 2. I realize that you prefer an "administrator" with greater power. Voting in Progressives is the surest way to create such an administrator to run the administrative state they prefer to replace our constitutionally limited system.

There you go falling back on the "just say" model of argument. You have no proof or even evidence that those supposedly "normal" people you mentioned would have, or could have, done the wonderful things you say they would. You just spout it out as being self evident.

It's more like a Trump rally where he proclaims things and his audience cheers him on. You spout stuff to your peanut gallery here and expect unspoken rah, rah's from your like-minded, or slow-minded, allies. Just say it and it is truth and balm for, and reinforcement of, their desire that Trump be that horrible, uncompassionate, and totally corrupt beastie.

As I've said many times. You're a lot like Trump in many ways.

Last edited by detbuch; 08-13-2020 at 04:08 PM..
Old 08-13-2020, 08:05 PM   #57
Pete F.
Canceled

Th
Old 08-13-2020, 08:08 PM   #58
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
Originally Posted by detbuch View Post
There you go falling back on the "just say" model of argument. You have no proof or even evidence that those supposedly "normal" people you mentioned would have, or could have, done the wonderful things you say they would. You just spout it out as being self evident.

It's more like a Trump rally where he proclaims things and his audience cheers him on. You spout stuff to your peanut gallery here and expect unspoken rah, rah's from your like-minded, or slow-minded, allies. Just say it and it is truth and balm for, and reinforcement of, their desire that Trump be that horrible, uncompassionate, and totally corrupt beastie.

As I've said many times. You're a lot like Trump in many ways.
The government is not the free market
Tweety is not a capable administrator and that is the role of the president
The President does need to lead the administration of the USA

Lets Go Darwin
Old 08-13-2020, 11:11 PM   #59
detbuch

Quote:
The government is not the free market

The POTUS is not the government. You said it "Just comes down to people with empathy or the guy who thinks the stock market is the economy." You created a choice between governing with empathy or with a view toward the economy. As if one were better than the other or that the latter was not good without the former.

I pointed out that our economic form, the free market would be hampered if it had to be empathetic.

Tweety is not a capable administrator and that is the role of the president

He capably administered within Article 2.

The President does need to lead the administration of the USA
I can't grasp what is meant by your "to lead the administration of the USA". There are a lot of different administrations in the U.S.--local, state, and federal. And the federal is divided into three separate branches. Each of which administers its own business.

There is de facto in place, incrementally and unconstitutionally created over time by Progressives, something called the administrative state. It operates in contradistinction to the Constitution. It actually has legislative, executive, and judicial power, is fiercely anti-separation of powers, and is absolutely dictatorial. From all your posts, I get the distinct impression that it is this administrative state, with a strong very powerful rather unlimited executive, that you would prefer as the entity to administer the USA. Which, to a great extent, without the strong President, it does.

This is a very good article that explains the administrative state. I highly recommend that you read it. I think you'll have a great affinity with its governing ideas. https://www.heritage.org/political-p...-means-limited

Last edited by detbuch; 08-13-2020 at 11:54 PM..
Old 08-14-2020, 04:53 AM   #60
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Trump should go with reality.

Made in China/Funding by Russia
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	D5360ABD-B711-42A8-929A-1D3E26085DBD.jpeg
Views:	320
Size:	84.7 KB
ID:	67269