Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Build Stuff: Custom Plug & Lure Building, Rod Building » Plug Building - Got Wood?

Plug Building - Got Wood? Got Plug?

Old 02-11-2012, 07:46 PM   #1
nicksdad

Old but good Delta drill press

Hey Guys,
I don't post much but I have learned a ton from this forum. I have a great bench DP if any new builders are interested. It's a bench top, belt driven and in great shape. I would like to get $25 for it. I can send pics if there is any interest. It was originally my dad's and I would rather it go to some one on S-B before CL. I'm in SE CT thanks -Steve
nicksdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2012, 08:16 PM   #2
Slipknot
Super Moderator

I can take that

where are you? what town?
Slipknot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2012, 08:23 PM   #3
nicksdad

Hey Slip,
May be a bit far for you. I live in Lyme and work in New London. I could deliver in Westely but that's a haul for you.
Old 02-11-2012, 08:27 PM   #4
Slipknot
Super Moderator

OK, unless I could get someone down that way to pick it up for me and get it up to plugfest for me if they are going,and I sent you the $. just a thought
Old 02-11-2012, 08:34 PM   #5
nicksdad

That's an idea. I didn't go last year but may make the trek this year. I only know the guys via the site and frankly I'm a little intimidated by the expertise at that event. If I do go and it isn;t gone by then it's yours. Thanks for the interest. It's a good machine. Love it to go to a builder. - Steve
Old 02-12-2012, 02:06 PM   #6
pbadad

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicksdad View Post
That's an idea. I didn't go last year but may make the trek this year. I only know the guys via the site and frankly I'm a little intimidated by the expertise at that event. If I do go and it isn;t gone by then it's yours. Thanks for the interest. It's a good machine. Love it to go to a builder. - Steve
Nicksdad. By the way I'm a Nick's dad too. The one thing I want to tell you is that THERE IS NO INTIMINATION with all the builders on this site. There all helpful especially with newbees. I've been buiding for a few years and learn all the time here. Plugfest is the topping on the cake for all builders. EVERYONE LOVES TO SHARE. If you can come who will not regret it. I have a group of members going from Ct. Our club Ct surfcasters have a few builders and we all share. The DP sounds like a good deal. If you need to hook up with delivery keep in touch. We might be able to help if you can't make PLUGFEST.

Billy D.
pbadad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 02:33 PM   #7
Slipknot
Super Moderator

Like pbadad said, don't feel intimidated please. Everyone learns stuff, even those who have been doing it for years and years. We enjoy sharing ideas and techniques. I would say it's worth going just to meet Rockfish9 all by itself
There are many mad scientists there. I hope you can make it.

And if I can't get anyone down that way to pick up the drill press for me, then I understand. But if someone can, I can get you the money ahead of time no problem.
Old 02-12-2012, 02:58 PM   #8
WoodyCT

I'll take it !

And I'm local- Westerly.

Work in Groton.

Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
WoodyCT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 05:44 PM   #9
nicksdad

Billy,- I met you last summer. Brian's friend (waterfordstriper). I bought the VS 150 from you. Caught a fish on it the first night I used it.

Slip,- thanks for the welcome to Plugfest. Don't worry about the cash. You responded first so it's yours within a reasonable amount of time. ( I just scored a sweet JET floor model.)

Woody,- If for any reason the deal with Slipknot doesn't work out you can have it.( You and I cut up a bunch of cedar a few years ago in Old Lyme)- duck when near sharp hooks

Steve
Old 02-12-2012, 06:15 PM   #10
WoodyCT

If you want money in hand and DP out the door this week just say so Steve.

I don't have one of these and could use it.

I still have 90% of that wood!
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
WoodyCT is offline   Reply With Quote