Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Main Forum » StriperTalk!

StriperTalk! All things Striper

Old 10-06-2017, 01:39 PM   #1
Clammer

that ,s fun fishing Bob ,

ENJOY WHAT YOU HAVE !!!

MIKE
Clammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2017, 03:34 PM   #2
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clammer View Post
that ,s fun fishing Bob ,
Like the fishing we had at a certain winter spot you know of, but all topwater and crazy. When those toggy start biting you let me know, I'd take a drive to have a shot at bringing home 6 of those yummy fish. I want to get out once with you before the season ends.
Got Stripers is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2017, 03:35 PM   #3
numbskull
Oblivious // Grunt, Grunt Master

Got to the harbor this am around 6. Big peanut blitz all around my moored boat. Caught several small bass to make the dog happy. Flew down the islands, sunrise behind me. Beautiful morning. Arrived at "my" spot only to find a derby #^&#^&#^&#^& anchored throwing live pogies. Cut in down tide and made a drift. Had a 20ish # fish eat a danny 50 yards along. Was missing an entire 1/2 of its upper lip from an old hook injury. Fish looked fat and healthy regardless. I sent it on its way. Proceeded to cast for the next 6 hours into some of the best striped bass water in the world. Caught one more schoolie. No bait, no albies, no birds, no small fish. Ugh. Returned to the harbor. Bass were no longer showing but plenty of cormorants were still working. My skiff was covered with an inch of guano. Double ugh. Still beats the canal.
numbskull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2017, 03:48 PM   #4
Clammer

Bob , I,ll get ya out after commercial .we are only allowed 10 fish per boat .no matter how many fisherman ?? all fish under 6# are sold alive at $4.50 or more PP / last shot for $$$$$$$$ for the year .

yeah we have been onto all schoolies ya ever want for the last two weeks .but this week the sizes mixed up to over 20# / yesterday I had 10 over 28" plus a bunch on smaller ...all on cheap plastic schoolie poppers / Denis was using rubber I quit when I caught two blues ><>

ENJOY WHAT YOU HAVE !!!

MIKE
Clammer is offline   Reply With Quote