Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Muzik

Muzik Muzik Forums - by popular request...

Old 12-14-2008, 08:24 AM   #1
Flaptail

Thumbs up Niel Young

Just awesome last night at the DCU Center. There is hope for us old guys who still like to plug in thier strat and blow the windows out.

Wilco and Everest were outstanding as well.

Niel Young closed the show with an outstanding reved up version of the Beatles "A day in the life"

I,M GOING TO PLUG IN NOW.

Why even try.........
Flaptail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2008, 11:05 AM   #2
joe the plumber

Wish I was there. I wrote in a previous post how I saw him,with Crazy Horse,perform Greendale at the Mohegan Sun.Small venue,great sound.
After the last song,"Be the Rain",the house lights went down and on the screen behind him was a video of him performing "Hey Hey My My [Into the Black] during the Live Rust Tour.The lights went up and Young and Crazy Horse continued the song.The place went nuts!!
After that they launched into "Like a Hurricane"and finally "Keep on Rockin in the Free World".
I said it before,I'll say it again.One of the best live shows I've ever seen!The guy is just timeless.I'm glad you enjoyed the show.
joe the plumber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2008, 01:42 PM   #3
ProfessorM
Uncle Remus

I saw him many years ago in Providence and he played more piano than he did guitar. A great show. My favorite album with him in it is CSNY 4 Way Street, a real classic.

"A beach is a place where a man can feel he's the only soul in the world that's real"
ProfessorM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2008, 01:49 PM   #4
Redsoxticket

I saw him playing with CSN several years ago at da Garden.
Redsoxticket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2008, 03:34 PM   #5
joe the plumber

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfessorM View Post
I saw him many years ago in Providence and he played more piano than he did guitar. A great show. My favorite album with him in it is CSNY 4 Way Street, a real classic.
I knew sooner or later this thread would come to this.My first rock concert was CSNY at the Hartford Civic Center--1978.I worked at a pizza place with a bunch of older---early 20's---guys.I went to the show with them.
There was a guy named Jim,about 220 at the time,bigtime football player in high school.Graduated,and then started going for his Phd in partying.
We drank schnapps all the way from Norwich to Hartford.Now,keep in mind,I'm 17,and I'm wasted going into the place!!
Were in the civic center and the lights go down,show starts,Jim lights em up!!I think there was about 6 combustible cocktails going around 8 guys. I passed out!!!
I awoke somewherein the middle of the show,laying down between the seats and begin puking all over the floor,getting none on myself or anyone.
Show ends and I have 2 of these guys on each of my arms carrying me up the steep stairs out of the civic center.We get to the top and I am relieved I am alive,somewhat coherent,and not a drop of vomit on me!!!
I begin to walk through the crowd under my own power and all of the sudden some dude staggers up to me, and PUKES all over me!!!
I was too screwed up to react.They all just laughed thier asses off at me.I stunk so bad I had to strip down to take my clothes off,throw them in the trunk,and ride home in my underwear so I wouldnt get the rest of the gang sick on the way home.
What do you guy's think? Would Neil Young be proud I saw him at my first rock concert?
Old 12-14-2008, 03:52 PM   #6
Slingah

Quote:
Originally Posted by joe the plumber View Post
I knew sooner or later this thread would come to this.My first rock concert was CSNY at the Hartford Civic Center--1978.I worked at a pizza place with a bunch of older---early 20's---guys.I went to the show with them.
There was a guy named Jim,about 220 at the time,bigtime football player in high school.Graduated,and then started going for his Phd in partying.
We drank schnapps all the way from Norwich to Hartford.Now,keep in mind,I'm 17,and I'm wasted going into the place!!
Were in the civic center and the lights go down,show starts,Jim lights em up!!I think there was about 6 combustible cocktails going around 8 guys. I passed out!!!
I awoke somewherein the middle of the show,laying down between the seats and begin puking all over the floor,getting none on myself or anyone.
Show ends and I have 2 of these guys on each of my arms carrying me up the steep stairs out of the civic center.We get to the top and I am relieved I am alive,somewhat coherent,and not a drop of vomit on me!!!
I begin to walk through the crowd under my own power and all of the sudden some dude staggers up to me, and PUKES all over me!!!
I was too screwed up to react.They all just laughed thier asses off at me.I stunk so bad I had to strip down to take my clothes off,throw them in the trunk,and ride home in my underwear so I wouldnt get the rest of the gang sick on the way home.
What do you guy's think? Would Neil Young be proud I saw him at my first rock concert?
.....thanks for sharing.....I think.....
Slingah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2008, 04:07 PM   #7
ProfessorM
Uncle Remus

sounds like a great show. I have forget as many shows as I remember. I drank to excess at only 1 concert. I had to spend too much time in the bath room and missed too much show so I decided I was going mother nature or chemical after that. Good story. My motto was with booze you lose but with dope there's hope

"A beach is a place where a man can feel he's the only soul in the world that's real"
Old 12-14-2008, 04:44 PM   #8
joe the plumber

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfessorM View Post
sounds like a great show. I have forget as many shows as I remember. I drank to excess at only 1 concert. I had to spend too much time in the bath room and missed too much show so I decided I was going mother nature or chemical after that. Good story. My motto was with booze you lose but with dope there's hope
I don't mean to go off here but you raise a good point.While I only drink now,and as I grow older I can't drink like I used to,except with the BI gang at our annual tourny.I think about how I've seen so many,with booze,beat the hell out of thier wives,lose thier homes,but NEVER have any of my friends who still light up,had these problems.
Old 12-14-2008, 05:04 PM   #9
ProfessorM
Uncle Remus

My new motto is pretty much straight is great as I maybe only have a half dozen beers every few months. The old herb superb is a thing of the past for me too. The reason being as I don't get out much anymore and I pretty much never see any of my old buddies nowadays, oh and I am a fly weight now. The old Irish curse had its toll on both sides of my family.

Old 12-14-2008, 07:11 PM   #10
Slingah

Im jealous...I wanted to go to this, but too rich for my blood...have seen Wilco & Neil Young multiple times...great show was Neil with Booker T & the MG's as his band and Soundgarden opening up...
very dissapointed at the ticket price....
Slingah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2008, 07:33 AM   #11
stcroixman

Quote:
Originally Posted by joe the plumber View Post
I don't mean to go off here but you raise a good point.While I only drink now,and as I grow older I can't drink like I used to,except with the BI gang at our annual tourny.I think about how I've seen so many,with booze,beat the hell out of thier wives,lose thier homes,but NEVER have any of my friends who still light up,had these problems.
That is fine if the wife smokes too. I've seen the other side. The bottom line is sooner or later everyone has to clean up their act. I did when I was around 35, you just feel better and think of your kids doing it.
I saw Neil Young 2X - civic center in mid '80's in that piano show mentioned above and at great woods late '80's where he blew us away, although we were there when we arrived.
stcroixman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2008, 10:46 AM   #12
Flaptail

Thumbs up

The ticket was a gift from my 21 year old daughter who got off the plane at Logan from Ireland at 4pm and was sitting with me at the concert at6pm then we drove back to the cape where we arrived at 2am.

She was still on Dublin time and as soon as we got in the truck she was out cold for the quiet ride back to home.

Lots of "older folks" and parents with kids there. It was just a great show, no foul langauge great new and classic music from some masters of rock and roll.

I still can't get "Cortez the killer" out of my mind and "Cinnamon Girl" was insane.

Why even try.........
Flaptail is offline   Reply With Quote