Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 04-30-2009, 11:30 AM   #1
spence

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishbones View Post
Actually Spence, he said that if it were him or his family, he would advise them not to take the subway or airplanes. So I think most Americans would say to themselves that if he wouldn't do it, then they shouldn't either, no? He did in fact contradict other statements from high ranking White House officials concerning travel during the outbreak. That was a couple of hours before he made a statement clarifying (flip flopping) on what he had said only a couple hours earlier. Keep it up, though. Your blind loyalty and excuse making for this Administration is kind of cute in a puppy following around it's master sort of way.
No, I just watched the video of his remarks and formed my own opinion. He clearly placed his comment in context with the advice from experts that we shouldn't close borders but instead should focus on mitigation which means avoiding close quarters.

I can see how people might read his remarks the wrong way, so it's good that they saw this and clarified them.

What's absurd is how quick you are to jump on Biden like this is some cataclysmic gaff and another example of how we're all going to hell. There's more energy being poured into fake outrage over Obama since his inauguration than there is going towards legitimate criticism.

Perhaps that should tell you something about yourself.

-spence
Old 04-30-2009, 11:52 AM   #2
fishbones

Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post

I can see how people might read his remarks the wrong way, so it's good that they saw this and clarified them.

What's absurd is how quick you are to jump on Biden like this is some cataclysmic gaff and another example of how we're all going to hell. There's more energy being poured into fake outrage over Obama since his inauguration than there is going towards legitimate criticism.

Perhaps that should tell you something about yourself.

-spence
I'm glad that you can relate to the common folks and see how they might interpret things.

If you re-read my post, I'm just paraphrasing what I read on MSNBC today. I'm definitley not saying it's a "cataclismic gaff", I'm saying that maybe he needs to think a little more about what he's going to say in an instance where the public is already a bit freaked out.

If you actually took the time to read many of my posts, you'll see that I don't pour any energy into "fake outrage" against Obama. If anything, I'm probably more willing to take the "wait and see if things get better" approach with him than many people posting in here. I think most, if not all criticism I've levied against him has had a solid basis.

And "perhaps that should tell you something about yourself" doesn't make sense as a sentence. You could have left out "perhaps" and you would have still come across as a smug know it all.

Conservatism is not about leaving people behind. Conservatism is about empowering people to catch up, to give them tools at their disposal that make it possible for them to access all the hope, all the promise, all the opportunity that America offers. - Marco Rubio
Old 04-30-2009, 12:03 PM   #3
spence

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishbones View Post
You could have left out "perhaps" and you would have still come across as a smug know it all.
Sorry, I only do what the Whitehouse and Moveon.org beam into my receptor

-spence
Old 04-30-2009, 12:12 PM   #4
fishbones

Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
Sorry, I only do what the Whitehouse and Moveon.org beam into my receptor

-spence

It's o.k. Spence. I'm sure someone here from the far right can let you borrow a tinfoil hat.

Conservatism is not about leaving people behind. Conservatism is about empowering people to catch up, to give them tools at their disposal that make it possible for them to access all the hope, all the promise, all the opportunity that America offers. - Marco Rubio
Old 05-04-2009, 08:20 PM   #5
Fly Rod

I'm not a fan of Joe Biden but, there is some truth to what he said at the time. There are some things that you just do not say in public.

did mention to my family that it would be a good idea not to fly if you do not need to for another week or so. A sneeze comes out of the mouth equal to approx. 110 miles per hour, so them fluids travel through the air. Do you realize that when you flush the toilet a fine spray that you can not feel goes approx. 3-4 ft in the air.
Old 05-04-2009, 08:26 PM   #6
JohnnyD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fly Rod View Post
Do you realize that when you flush the toilet a fine spray that you can not feel goes approx. 3-4 ft in the air.
Studies have shown that toothbrushes withing 6' of the toilet can get fecal particles on them if people don't close the lid.

Read that one in Men's Health last month.