Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 01-28-2022, 10:29 PM   #1
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulS View Post
Shocking watch Rs taking the side of Russia over the Ukraine.
Russia shares their Democratic values. Did you really not know that?
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Lets Go Darwin
Old 01-28-2022, 10:44 PM   #2
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

Gotta love the fact that Zelensky told Biden to STFU......that's awesome.

https://www.businessinsider.com/ukra...-report-2022-1
Old 01-29-2022, 05:28 AM   #3
scottw

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dad Fisherman View Post

biden creates unwanted panic every time he speaks....struggled a bit with "decrepit" yesterday...which is ironic

de·crep·it
/dəˈkrepət/
adjective
(of a person) elderly and infirm.

can't make this stuff up......
Old 01-29-2022, 09:12 AM   #4
wdmso

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dad Fisherman View Post

Another FJB flag flyer speaks

Seems you haven’t been following Ukraine that closely

DEC 16th

Russia could invade us ‘in the blink of an eye,’ Ukrainian foreign minister warns

JAN 28th. But now the message has changed.

Ukraine's president told Biden to 'calm down' Russian invasion warnings, saying he was creating unwanted panic: report

So which is It?
Old 01-29-2022, 10:20 AM   #5
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
Another FJB flag flyer speaks

Seems you haven’t been following Ukraine that closely

DEC 16th

Russia could invade us ‘in the blink of an eye,’ Ukrainian foreign minister warns

JAN 28th. But now the message has changed.

Ukraine's president told Biden to 'calm down' Russian invasion warnings, saying he was creating unwanted panic: report

So which is It?
Just like the science changing, so do current events, the latest was that their prez told our prez to STFU

I kept the reply short to help with your comprehension issues.

"If you're arguing with an idiot, make sure he isn't doing the same thing."
Old 02-03-2022, 12:11 PM   #6
wdmso

not sure if the MAGA world or Republicans pay any attention to past events

Republican after Republican keep parroting the same message

Putin 'Smells Weak US and' What happened on Trump's watch? Nothing,''

But they were singing a different tune in early 2020

Republican Sen. Mitt Romney of Utah described Trump's move as "a gift to Russia" and a "slap in the face at a friend and ally.

retired US Navy Adm. Jim Stravidis, the former top military commander in Europe and NATO, said hurts NATO solidarity overall, and is a gift to [Russian President Vladimir] Putin."

There are few things that President Vladimir V. Putin of Russia desires more than the weakening of NATO, 2016

let's revisit Trumps watch on Ukraine and Nato

Trump Discussed Pulling U.S. From NATO, Aides Say Amid New Concerns Over Russia

Trump’s barrage of attacks ‘beyond belief,’ reeling NATO diplomats say

Trump Belittles NATO in the Run-Up to the Putin Summit july 2018

Trump's Germany troops pullout may be his last gift to Putin before the election

Trump has offered No statements centered on Ukraine have been published on his PAC’s website. Jan 2022... no condemnation towards russia or Putin

and we all know how he tried to Strong Arm Ukraine for Dirt on Biden

So in a nutshell Putin Ask Trump to withdraw troop and destabilize nato and like a good Puppet and he did just that
Just like he Tried to steal the election here in the US

yet republicans refuse to hold him accountable for anything

But their outraged and see

That Biden relaunches 'Cancer Moonshot' initiative aimed at halving rate of cancer deaths by 2047 as arrogance

Why when It comes to Trump everything is somehow a coincidence

never planned or done in coordination with others even when the facts show otherwise ?
Old 02-03-2022, 12:18 PM   #7
Jim in CT

Quote:
not sure if the MAGA world or Republicans pay any attention to past events

Republican after Republican keep parroting the same message

Putin 'Smells Weak US and' What happened on Trump's watch? Nothing,''

But they were singing a different tune in early 2020

Republican Sen. Mitt Romney of Utah described Trump's move as "a gift to Russia" and a "slap in the face at a friend and ally.

retired US Navy Adm. Jim Stravidis, the former top military commander in Europe and NATO, said hurts NATO solidarity overall, and is a gift to [Russian President Vladimir] Putin."

There are few things that President Vladimir V. Putin of Russia desires more than the weakening of NATO, 2016

let's revisit Trumps watch on Ukraine and Nato

Trump Discussed Pulling U.S. From NATO, Aides Say Amid New Concerns Over Russia

Trump’s barrage of attacks ‘beyond belief,’ reeling NATO diplomats say

Trump Belittles NATO in the Run-Up to the Putin Summit july 2018

Trump's Germany troops pullout may be his last gift to Putin before the election

Trump has offered No statements centered on Ukraine have been published on his PAC’s website. Jan 2022... no condemnation towards russia or Putin

and we all know how he tried to Strong Arm Ukraine for Dirt on Biden

So in a nutshell Putin Ask Trump to withdraw troop and destabilize nato and like a good Puppet and he did just that
Just like he Tried to steal the election here in the US

yet republicans refuse to hold him accountable for anything

But their outraged and see

That Biden relaunches 'Cancer Moonshot' initiative aimed at halving rate of cancer deaths by 2047 as arrogance

Why when It comes to Trump everything is somehow a coincidence

never planned or done in coordination with others even when the facts show otherwise ?
Youre saying the GOP got it all wrong on this? Shocker...
Old 02-03-2022, 04:41 PM   #8
wdmso

Republican senators say they are not moved by Fox News host Tucker Carlson's recent rants in favor of Russia's Vladimir Putin while deriding support of Ukraine.

Carlson has been on a tirade rationalizing Russia's aggression toward Ukraine and downplaying its relevance to U.S. national security.

But major Republican figures are not afraid of taking on Fox's top-rated host for what they believe is dangerous thinking, if not outright propaganda.

amazing Tucker again ...
Old 02-14-2022, 12:38 PM   #9
wdmso

UK Foreign Secretary Liz Truss says the government is "very clear there could be an imminent invasion of Ukraine" and calls on British citizens to "leave now"

Let me guess the Brits are making this up

Yet Republicans running in high-profile primary races aren't racing to defend Ukraine against a possible Russian invasion. They're settling on a different line of attack: Blame Biden, not Putin.

The gop Doing the fear on the border … Biden cares more about Ukraine's border than America's southern border.

Because don’t forget according to conservatives we are being invaded by Brown people
Old 02-14-2022, 01:18 PM   #10
Pete F.
Canceled

We pledged security in exchange for Ukraine giving up the nukes within its borders after the USSR fell.
Ukraine supported the US by rotating a couple thousand troops through Iraq over several years, with about 20 KIA.
They’re TRYING to grow a Democracy.
Not perfectly but far better than Putin
Old 02-18-2022, 05:14 PM   #11
wdmso

Fox News coverage
1) Putin would not do this if Trump was in office . Leaving out who attacked nato and pulled out US troops out of Germany . Because it not crazy to think because Putin Asked

2) the Biden administration is fear mongers

Yep 150 plus thousand or russian troops aircraft and artillery Is some how normal and Biden’s fault

FYI. If Russia invaded at any level you’ll see oil 150 buck a barrel
Old 02-18-2022, 08:26 PM   #12
scottw

Quote:

Fox News coverage
1) Putin would not do this if Trump was in office .

well, he didn't...soooo
Old 02-18-2022, 08:28 PM   #13
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottw View Post
well, he didn't...soooo
I’m super excited about the new wave of Trump/Bannon Pro Putin Tankies on the American right.

It will help you see them more clearly and understand exactly what they are now.

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Lets Go Darwin
Old 02-18-2022, 08:28 PM   #14
scottw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
I’m super excited about the new wave of Trump/Bannon Pro Putin Tankies on the American right.

It will help you see them more clearly and understand exactly what they are now.
oh definitely...
Old 02-18-2022, 08:39 PM   #15
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
oh definitely...
If Trump was still POTUS Putin would be in Poland by now. His tiny hands are all over this crisis in Ukraine.

Lets Go Darwin
Old 02-19-2022, 08:41 AM   #16
Pete F.
Canceled

In case you forgot, the guys who are about to invade Ukraine had Trump eating out of their palms right in the Oval Office as he gave them secrets.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/world...b69_story.html
Old 02-19-2022, 08:54 AM   #17
wdmso

All fear mongering we say he's going in Putin Says he Isn't conservatives believe Putin? or is it Like Trump's attempt to overturn the election We'll they didn't succeed so what's the big Deal

Blinkin “Let me be clear, I am here today not to start a war but to prevent one,” He also said something to the effect if they pull back and dont invade call me a liar I'll take that criticism

funny they yelled rigged election for 3 years and that didn't seem to bother them? But suggesting Russia might invade having 150k troop massed on Ukraine border well that's outrageous
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	_123315635_lakedonuzlav_sat_image_9_19feb-nc.jpg
Views:	97
Size:	190.2 KB
ID:	68751  

Last edited by wdmso; 02-19-2022 at 09:06 AM..
Old 02-19-2022, 09:42 AM   #18
Jim in CT

Quote:
All fear mongering we say he's going in Putin Says he Isn't conservatives believe Putin? or is it Like Trump's attempt to overturn the election We'll they didn't succeed so what's the big Deal

Blinkin “Let me be clear, I am here today not to start a war but to prevent one,” He also said something to the effect if they pull back and dont invade call me a liar I'll take that criticism

funny they yelled rigged election for 3 years and that didn't seem to bother them? But suggesting Russia might invade having 150k troop massed on Ukraine border well that's outrageous
who is outraged at the suggestion russia might be getting ready to invade?

maybe you should just
ask republicans what they believe. because whoever is telling you what we believe, is playing a big trick on you.

Last edited by Jim in CT; 02-19-2022 at 09:48 AM..
Old 02-19-2022, 09:45 AM   #19
scottw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post

who is outraged

I told you, they just make it up then argue against themselves as if they have a point...it's hilarious
Old 02-19-2022, 09:48 AM   #20
Jim in CT

Quote:
I told you, they just make it up then argue against themselves as if they have a point...it's hilarious
he just thinks if the craziest nonsense he can, and claims
republicans all believe it.

i’ve never heard one person say it’s an outrage to discuss whether or not russia is preparing to invade ( my guess is no, that he’s posturing to get a deal that we don’t put NATO on his doorstep, like we didn’t want russian nukes in cuba). we can disagree about his intentions, we can disagree about whether or not it’s our problem. i don’t know anyone saying it’s an outrage to say he’s preparing to invade.
Old 02-19-2022, 12:16 PM   #21
wdmso

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
who is outraged at the suggestion russia might be getting ready to invade?

maybe you should just
ask republicans what they believe. because whoever is telling you what we believe, is playing a big trick on you.

Jim being in Denial what a shocker ...

Rep. Scott Perry, R-Pa., told Newsmax on Friday that the crisis over whether Russia will invade Ukraine has been ''created by President Joe Biden.'' Perry attributed Biden's weak leadership

Ric Grenell told Newsmax Friday that the administration of President Joe Biden and the national media are "marching us into war" in Ukraine. (local hero here )

Like I said to the GOP claims it outrageous to suggest the Russian might invade! or they would be supporting the administration in their conclusions

Russia has repeatedly denied having plans to invade, saying troops are conducting military exercises in the region, accusing the West of "hysteria". why does that sound just like the 2 quotes from the GOP Conservatives??
Old 02-19-2022, 12:52 PM   #22
scottw

Quote:

why does that sound just like the 2 quotes from the GOP Conservatives??
it doesn't....
Old 02-19-2022, 02:18 PM   #23
Jim in CT

Quote:
Jim being in Denial what a shocker ...

Rep. Scott Perry, R-Pa., told Newsmax on Friday that the crisis over whether Russia will invade Ukraine has been ''created by President Joe Biden.'' Perry attributed Biden's weak leadership

Ric Grenell told Newsmax Friday that the administration of President Joe Biden and the national media are "marching us into war" in Ukraine. (local hero here )

Like I said to the GOP claims it outrageous to suggest the Russian might invade! or they would be supporting the administration in their conclusions

Russia has repeatedly denied having plans to invade, saying troops are conducting military exercises in the region, accusing the West of "hysteria". why does that sound just like the 2 quotes from the GOP Conservatives??
never, ever heard of scott perry, neither did you. he speaks for nobody.

harvey weinstein was a huge democrat. do his actions speak for anybody other than himself?

Scott Perry is the GOP? If you say so…

november is gonna be so sweet.
Old 02-19-2022, 12:22 PM   #24
wdmso

Boris Johnson
He said we must be "unflinchingly honest" about the situation in Ukraine and should not "underestimate the gravity of this moment".

Is he in on Bidens "hysteria"
Old 02-19-2022, 10:15 PM   #25
detbuch

Quote:
Because Trump was working on the 1 and 2 on list he gave Trump 3,4,5 and 6 never happened because he wasn't re elected

1) Discrediting NATO Check and 2) Pulling Troops out of Germany check
NATO discredits itself by depending on U.S. troops being stationed in their countries rather than building up their own forces. And by not paying their agreed to share of money to support NATO. If European countries were as serious about doing what was necessary to defend themselves as they are about having us defend them, and, as well, not being dependent on Russian gas, and by faithfully, consistently, posing the belligerent stance against Russia that they are pretending to do during this Ukraine "crisis," Russia wouldn't be as bold as they are acting now.

Fact is, regardless of what reasons for it you conger up, Russia did not "make it into Poland" while Trump was POTUS. They weren't even threatening to.
Old 02-20-2022, 06:32 AM   #26
scottw

Quote:
Originally Posted by detbuch View Post

Fact is, regardless of what reasons for it you conger up, Russia did not "make it into Poland" while Trump was POTUS. They weren't even threatening to.
trump maybe had the #2 list on a sticky note and accidentally flushed it down the toilet along with the boxes of TOP SECRET documents....

I wonder if these guys ever go back and read the nonsense they write and
Old 02-20-2022, 01:41 PM   #27
wdmso

Quote:

seem you forgot your 1st post which I responded

This is an example of how you see "more clearly and understand exactly"--conjecture, postulation, speculation . . .

So why didn't Putin make it into Poland while Trump was POTUS?

my response

Because Trump was working on the 1 and 2 on list he gave Trump 3,4,5 and 6 never happened because he wasn't re elected

So clearly I never mentioned Poland or Poland being threatened ..

you Did
Old 02-20-2022, 02:33 PM   #28
detbuch

Quote:
seem you forgot your 1st post which I responded

This is an example of how you see "more clearly and understand exactly"--conjecture, postulation, speculation . . .

So why didn't Putin make it into Poland while Trump was POTUS?

my response

So clearly I never mentioned Poland or Poland being threatened ..

you Did
Seems like you forgot that my "first post" to which you responded was a response to Pete F's post "If Trump was still POTUS Putin would be in Poland by now. His tiny hands are all over this crisis in Ukraine."

So either you were responding to my question to Pete about why Putin did not make it into Poland while Trump was POTUS, or you just happened to throw in some unrelated personal opinion about something else which I didn't ask for nor care about.
Old 02-20-2022, 09:21 PM   #29
Pete F.
Canceled

Former top Trump Russia advisor Fiona Hill did NOT mince words: “There's no Team America for Trump. Not once did I see him do anything to put America first. Not once. Not for a single second."
Old 02-20-2022, 11:22 PM   #30
detbuch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
Former top Trump Russia advisor Fiona Hill did NOT mince words: “There's no Team America for Trump. Not once did I see him do anything to put America first. Not once. Not for a single second."
You and Fiona have a lot in common.