Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 11-29-2019, 08:36 AM   #31
wdmso

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
wdmso and spence: it was
money laundering when trump sold a mansion to a russian billionaire

jim: i read in newsweek that the transaction was part of the Mueller probe, which essentially led
to nothing.

wdmso and spence: stop
clinging to debunked conspiracy theories.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Called it fishie like your suggestion for bidens son. Thats all.. lack of evidence seems only to be a concern of yours when it involves Trump or Republicans.

To paraphrase. You what private citizen gets 130 million dollar loan.. (a company he worked for and the loan was applied for before he got hired aka prove thats the reason they got the loan ) i showed Trumps selling of 45 million dollar property for 95 mil to a russian who never lived in the house... as whats good for 1 cant be bad for the other.
Old 11-29-2019, 09:37 AM   #32
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
Called it fishie like your suggestion for bidens son. Thats all.. lack of evidence seems only to be a concern of yours when it involves Trump or Republicans.

To paraphrase. You what private citizen gets 130 million dollar loan.. (a company he worked for and the loan was applied for before he got hired aka prove thats the reason they got the loan ) i showed Trumps selling of 45 million dollar property for 95 mil to a russian who never lived in the house... as whats good for 1 cant be bad for the other.
your memory isn’t so good. i was all in favor of investigating trump. i said it 50 times.

i’m also in favor of investigating the bidens.

please show me the inconsistency?
Old 11-29-2019, 10:52 AM   #33
Pete F.
Canceled

OK, now I'm convinced there is no way I'm voting for Hunter Biden in 2020.

Meanwhile, Floridaman moved home, to the swamp.

It turns out that the connections between President Donald Trump and Turkey are even stranger than we thought.

Consider the recent histories of two powerful Washington lobbying groups: Mercury and Ballard.

Brian Ballard is a heavyweight lobbyist who was featured Politico’s Playbook Power list in 2018, dubbed as “The Most Powerful Lobbyist in Trump’s Washington,” for his influence over the administration. He had been a major fundraiser for the Trump campaign and chairman of Trump’s campaign in Florida.

The government of Qatar is one of Ballard’s clients, and so was the government of Turkey until last month. Turkey alone paid roughly $2 million to Ballard’s firm over the last two years. The relationship between Turkey and Ballard ended after Turkey’s state-run bank Halkbank (which at the time had also been Ballard’s client) was indicted in federal court for evading U.S. sanctions against Iran.

The sanctions-evasion scheme had been spearheaded by Reza Zarrab, a Turkey-based gold trader who was born in Iran. Zarrab, of course, was later represented by Rudy Giuliani, the President’s personal attorney.

The connections between Trump, Ballard, and Turkey go beyond Giuliani, though. In January, Brian Ballard hired Pam Bondi to be a member of his lobbying group.

You may remember Bondi because in 2016, she was briefly in the national news. In 2014, as the sitting attorney general in Florida, Bondi’s office had been investigating complaints against “Trump University.” Bondi personally solicited a campaign donation from Donald Trump. He wrote her PAC a check for $25,000. And a few days later—presto!—Bondi’s office announced that they were no longer pursuing the investigation against Trump University.

The entire affair was so corrupt-looking that ethics complaints were filed against Bondi with the Florida Commission on Ethics, the Florida Elections Commission, and the Florida Bar.

Fast forward to January 2019. After joining Ballard Partners, Bondi registered as a foreign agent for Qatar. And just last week, she left her lobbying position to join the White House as a member of Trump’s impeachment defense team.

The other firm of note is Mercury Public Affairs, which is one of the three lobbying firms Paul Manafort used to boost the image of Russia. Two of Mercury’s other clients are the governments of Qatar and Turkey. Mercury’s managing director is Bryan Lanza, who joined Mercury in 2017. Before that, he was an adviser to Trump’s transition team. Before that, he worked for the Trump campaign.

And before that, he worked for Trump’s deputy campaign manager, David Bossie, when they were both at Citizens United SuperPAC.

Lanza is currently also a registered agent for the state-sponsored Turkish American Business Council (TAIK), a party involved in the aforementioned indictment with close with Erdogan. TAIK also has close ties with Jared Kushner, who runs America’s “backdoor” channel to the Turkish government.

“Drain the swamp.” lol

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Lets Go Darwin
Old 11-29-2019, 11:08 AM   #34
spence

Mueller report didn’t get into Trump’s finances.
Old 11-29-2019, 11:11 AM   #35
Sea Dangles

Love seeing our PRESIDENT surprise the troops on Thanksgiving.

MAGA
Old 11-29-2019, 12:11 PM   #36
spence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sea Dangles View Post
Love seeing our PRESIDENT surprise the troops on Thanksgiving.

MAGA
Yea, while he publicly undercuts his own chain of command.
Old 11-29-2019, 01:41 PM   #37
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

If it weren’t for the impeachment, the bad blood between him and top brass and if he didn’t see a personal gain in 2020 to at least appear to give a damn about our troops abroad; I suspect he’d be golfing instead. Only took him almost a full term to make the effort, good he finally went, but I suspect it has a lot to do with him knowing he needs more than a good economy to get another term.
Old 11-29-2019, 03:18 PM   #38
Sea Dangles

Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
Yea, while he publicly undercuts his own chain of command.
Try to focus on the positive. The troops were honored.

PRO CHOICE REPUBLICAN
Old 11-29-2019, 04:14 PM   #39
Pete F.
Canceled

Glad to see Floridaman went to Afghanistan.

Trump can't golf and knows people are wondering why, so he went to Afghanistan to feed the troops. We know he fears going to military bases overseas. But not playing golf for a couple of weeks just makes people ask more questions about that Walter Reed trip.
Part One of his annual physical.............and all the people waiting to board the plane to Guyana believe it.

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Lets Go Darwin