Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 07-20-2016, 02:49 PM   #91
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
The point was that being Sec State did put her into dangerous situations.
Which makes you wonder why she wouldn't try harder to keep her calendar and e-mails secure.....

"If you're arguing with an idiot, make sure he isn't doing the same thing."
Old 07-20-2016, 03:09 PM   #92
Jim in CT

Quote:
The point was that being Sec State did put her into dangerous situations. .
Then why didn't she say, "as secstate, I went to some dangerous places"? No one would deny that. That's not even close to what she said.

She said that on a very specific trip, she was shot at by a sniper and had to dive into a waiting hummer.

How is her lie supposed to make the troops feel, who were crawling around in the woods, risking their lives, making sure there was no sniper? Because that's how the lie came out. An army officer went on Foxnews the night after her lie, and said "I was there, I met her at the runway, there was no sniper", and someone found the video.

"Perhaps as she just said it was a bad recollection "

Bullsh*t, and you know it. No one has that bad of a recollection. No one confuses working a rope line, shaking hands, posing for pictures...with getting shot at by a sniper.

Why did Brian Williams get suspended, Spence? Didn't he do the same exact thing?

I've said it before, it's really a shame that you weren't there to apologize for Hitler in 1940. I've had golden retrievers that weren't as blindly devoted to me, as you are to any Democrat. You literally are incapable of criticizing her.
Old 07-20-2016, 03:29 PM   #93
scottw

Quote:

As has been noted before, the fact checkers give Clinton exceptional marks.
Old 07-20-2016, 04:39 PM   #94
buckman

Originally Posted by spence
The point was that being Sec State did put her into dangerous situation

Not as dangerous as being say an Ambassador to say Lybia. What a hell hole that was
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Old 07-20-2016, 04:41 PM   #95
buckman

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckman View Post

Not as dangerous as being say an Ambassador in Bengazi . What a hell hole that was
Old 07-20-2016, 05:32 PM   #96
spence

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckman View Post

Not as dangerous as being say an Ambassador to say Lybia. What a hell hole that was
Correction I meant first lady.

And Amb Stevens used to jog around Benghazi with no security.
Old 07-20-2016, 11:12 PM   #97
detbuch

Quote:
Yeah . . . that turned out well.
Old 07-21-2016, 03:16 AM   #98
scottw

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by detbuch View Post
Yeah . . . that turned out well.

he was probably told and believed "Isis is on the run" or something...

interesting, colorfully written article....http://www.huffingtonpost.com/riley-...b_9571956.html
Old 07-21-2016, 06:11 AM   #99
buckman

Quote:
Correction I meant first lady.

And dozens of letters from him begging for more security before he was killed, just doesn't quite fit your narrative does it ?
Old 07-21-2016, 07:24 AM   #100
Jim in CT

Quote:

Perhaps as she just said it was a bad recollection .
Do you genuinely believe that is a possibility? Do you genuinely believe that one can misremember whether an arrival at an airport was met by smiling children giving you flowers (which is what happened), or whether you were met by sniper fire?

It's like me misremembering that I was mauled by a tiger, or misremembering the weekend I spent in Bora Bora with Kate Upton and we forgot to bring any clothes.
Old 07-21-2016, 09:05 AM   #101
spence

Quote:
Originally Posted by detbuch View Post
Is Mr. Trump's reputed narcissism worse than Hilary's . . . or any other politician?
I don't think Hillary would really classify as a narcissist. Trump is the poster child...Even Jim agrees here.
Old 07-21-2016, 09:06 AM   #102
spence

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dad Fisherman View Post
Which makes you wonder why she wouldn't try harder to keep her calendar and e-mails secure.....
I think she'd agree with you.
Old 07-21-2016, 09:11 AM   #103
scottw

Quote:
I don't think Hillary would really classify as a narcissist. Trump is the poster child...Even Jim agrees here.
you are drowning in the deep end of the pool....
Old 07-21-2016, 09:17 AM   #104
spence

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottw View Post
you are drowning in the deep end of the pool....
Do you know what the word means?
Old 07-21-2016, 09:25 AM   #105
scottw

Quote:
I'd be happy to throw you an anchor
Old 07-21-2016, 09:26 AM   #106
buckman

Quote:
One who makes everything about them selfs . That is the definition of what Hillary does . Exactly what Obama does ( the "I" President " and the opposite of why Trump is running for President.
Hillary needs to win to save her ass .
Trump wants to win to try to correct the damage from Hillary and Obama.
Old 07-21-2016, 09:30 AM   #107
scottw

pretty spot on

Hotchkiss identified what she called the seven deadly sins of narcissism:

Hillary= Shamelessness: Shame is the feeling that lurks beneath all unhealthy narcissism, and the inability to process shame in healthy ways.

Hillary= Magical thinking: Narcissists see themselves as perfect, using distortion and illusion known as magical thinking. They also use projection to dump shame onto others.

Hillary=Arrogance: A narcissist who is feeling deflated may reinflate by diminishing, debasing, or degrading somebody else.

Hillary=Envy: A narcissist may secure a sense of superiority in the face of another person's ability by using contempt to minimize the other person.

Hillary=Entitlement: Narcissists hold unreasonable expectations of particularly favorable treatment and automatic compliance because they consider themselves special. Failure to comply is considered an attack on their superiority, and the perpetrator is considered an "awkward" or "difficult" person. Defiance of their will is a narcissistic injury that can trigger narcissistic rage.

Hillary= Exploitation: Can take many forms but always involves the exploitation of others without regard for their feelings or interests. Often the other person is in a subservient position where resistance would be difficult or even impossible. Sometimes the subservience is not so much real as assumed.

Hillary=Bad boundaries: Narcissists do not recognize that they have boundaries and that others are separate and are not extensions of themselves. Others either exist to meet their needs or may as well not exist at all. Those who provide narcissistic supply to the narcissist are treated as if they are part of the narcissist and are expected to live up to those expectations. In the mind of a narcissist, there is no boundary between self and other.

classic case
Old 07-21-2016, 09:38 AM   #108
Jim in CT

Quote:
Trump is a world-class narcissist. Just so you know, that's what it looks like when a fair-minded person admits fault in a politician in their party.

Obama is also a narcissist...remember his inauguration? Something like, let today be remembered as the day the planet began to heal and the waters stopped rising!!! Trump has nothing on him when it comes to narcissism...

I wouldn't call Hilary a narcissist...I would call her a morally bankrupt, compulsive liar, who is married to, defended, and enabled, a predator. She also attacked his victims. That was after she claimed the GOP was framing Bill to make it look that way, of course...
Old 07-21-2016, 09:50 AM   #109
spence

Quote:
pretty spot on

Hotchkiss identified what she called the seven deadly sins of narcissism:
Clinton doesn't really fit most of these. How can you claim someone who dedicates their life's work to helping women and children lacks empathy? How can someone who's known for operational execution be guilty of magical thinking? Who does she envy?

Doesn't add up.
Old 07-21-2016, 09:51 AM   #110
spence

Jim, did you note in the spirit of your original thread the shooter is a US Marine with PTSD?
Old 07-21-2016, 09:54 AM   #111
scottw

Quote:
Clinton doesn't really fit most of these. How can you claim someone who dedicates their life's work to helping women and children lacks empathy? How can someone who's known for operational execution be guilty of magical thinking? Who does she envy?anyone who has more money or power than she does

Doesn't add up.
baaaahaaaahaaaaa ...drowning in it you are

Arrogance no question

Shamelessness no question

Narcissists see themselves as perfect no question

a sense of superiority in the face of another person's ability by using contempt noone displays contempt for others better than her highness

Entitlement no question

Exploitation no question

Narcissists do not recognize that they have boundaries no question
Old 07-21-2016, 10:01 AM   #112
buckman

Quote:
Clinton doesn't really fit most of these. How can you claim someone who dedicates their life's work to helping women and children lacks empathy? How can someone who's known for operational execution be guilty of magical thinking? Who does she envy?

Doesn't add up.
Nothing you say adds up . It's like you live in a bizarro world where your every position and every statement is opposite of reality . I'm not sure what medication you are on but man are you in for a rude awakening when your prescription runs out
Old 07-21-2016, 10:05 AM   #113
scottw

"known for operational execution"

that was freaking hilarious
Old 07-21-2016, 10:10 AM   #114
Jim in CT

Quote:
Jim, did you note in the spirit of your original thread the shooter is a US Marine with PTSD?
I did. And I'd bet he was inspired by all the baseless rhetoric that comes from your side.

I also noted that NO ONE, anywhere, ever...confused a pleasant and peaceful reception, with getting shot at by a sniper and having to dive into a military vehicle. One doesn't mis-remember such things, unless one is insane.
Old 07-21-2016, 10:12 AM   #115
Jim in CT

Quote:

Doesn't add up.
"How can you claim someone who dedicates their life's work to helping women and children lacks empathy?"

What planet do you live on, exactly? Her LIFE'S WORK? Isn't she running for President? She's a plutocrat, a zillionaire. If she does charitable work, she is to be commended for that. But that is a side venture for her. Her life's work, is to get very rich, and to quench her thirst for personal achievement.

Let's not confuse her with Mother Theresa, OK?

Jesus Christ, you are out there in the Twilight Zone.
Old 07-21-2016, 10:27 AM   #116
Jim in CT

Quote:
How can you claim someone who dedicates their life's work to helping women...

Helping women? What women was she dedicating her life's work to, when she attacked the victims of her husband's abuse, saying they were just out for money and publicity?

She is married to a predator, and you say with s straight face, that she dedicates her life to helping women.

Is that a joke?
Old 07-21-2016, 11:05 AM   #117
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

Quote:

Arrogance no question
"No. We just can't trust the American people to make those types of choices ... Government has to make those choices for people." – Hillary Clinton

Quote:
Shamelessness no question
"We came out of the White House not only dead-broke, but in debt. We had no money when we got there and we struggled to piece together the resources for mortgages, for houses, for Chelsea's education. It was not easy." – Hillary Clinton

Quote:
Narcissists see themselves as perfect no question
“We are the president.” -- Hillary Clinton

Quote:
a sense of superiority in the face of another person's ability by using contempt noone displays contempt for others better than her highness
“I can’t worry about every undercapitalized business” — Hillary Clinton

Quote:
Entitlement no question
"Put this (helicopter) on the ground! I left my sunglasses in the limo. I need those sunglasses. We need to go back!" -- Hillary Clinton

Quote:
Exploitation no question
“Many of you are well enough off that the tax cuts may have helped you. We're saying that for America to get back on track, we're probably going to cut that short and not give it to you. We're going to take things away from you on behalf of the common good.” – Hillary Clinton

Quote:
Narcissists do not recognize that they have boundaries no question
See Above

"If you're arguing with an idiot, make sure he isn't doing the same thing."
Old 07-21-2016, 01:44 PM   #118
spence

I love it, a bunch of out of context and/or single source quotes from anti-Hillary authors trying to make a buck.

Nice.
Old 07-21-2016, 02:04 PM   #119
wdmso

Glad to see everyone stiff focused on Hillary And the Donald remains unmolested .. still he has not provided a blue print on how he will Make America Great again .. or his Tax returns or how he will Heal the racial divide most claim that Obama created .. or providing theses answers to the american voter ... or will he say this is just more Political correctness .. and thats why he wont follow thru?
Old 07-21-2016, 02:11 PM   #120
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
Glad to see everyone stiff focused on Hillary And the Donald remains unmolested .. still he has not provided a blue print on how he will Make America Great again .. or his Tax returns or how he will Heal the racial divide most claim that Obama created .. or providing theses answers to the american voter ... or will he say this is just more Political correctness .. and thats why he wont follow thru?
As opposed to 2008, when your guy's entire platform was "hope and change".

He needs to get more specific soon. It doesn't usually get specific before a convention for a challenger.

"or his Tax returns "

Are you as upset that Obama is blocking his academic records from being released?

The hypocrisy and double standard is amazing.