Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Main Forum » Kayaking

Kayaking After the frequent attempts at Bribery, beatings, and simply getting towed at Sunrise - S-B opens the Kayak Forums Also see http://www.ultimatekayakfishing.com

Old 07-29-2013, 03:41 PM   #1
cheferson

Hobie dolly release date

Anyone know when hobie released the dolly ?

Going at it with hobie about the #^&#^&#^&#^&ing pos scupper hole cart they sold me with the pro angler! First one lasted a week , second not much longer . Now the busted pos slipped and tore a hole in my scupper hole !
Why would they recommend such an undersized cart with the pa ? I could do better welds with a bic lighter and tin foil......

Any tips on patching the hole ? I saw one guy reinforce it with a PVC pipe cut in half , then held with hose clamps .
cheferson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 03:56 PM   #2
BigFish
BigFish Bait Co.

Send a message via AIM to BigFish
Which cart did you get?? The one I have just broke after 1 year of easy use!!!! They ain't friggin cheap either!!! Weld broke!!

Almost time to get our fish on!!!
BigFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 08:47 AM   #3
Rockport24
President - S-B Chapter - Kelly Clarkson Fan Club

I've heard great things about Hobie's customer service, I would contact them since they recommend using those carts!
Rockport24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 11:03 AM   #4
jonserfish

i have heard a couple times about hobie carts damaging scupper holes. in fact someone from AIST had that issue last year and started sinking off kings beach in NP before he realized it was damaged. lost gear and almost life from what i recall. I think he had to be rescued. i'll ask around and see what they did to fix the prob. my guess is it's happened a lot more than just what we hear on the east coast so I would def harass hobie until problem is resolved. could check on some of the other kayak forums as well

I LOVE it when MY WIFE lets me fish
jonserfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 01:16 PM   #5
Rockport24

yeah my understanding is that hobie is very good about replacing the hull for defective things, and I would argue that is what this is since they recommend and sell scupper carts

I have an Ocean Kayak - they don't recommend scupper carts and specifically say that if you use one and break your hull, you are on your own.
Old 07-30-2013, 02:57 PM   #6
cheferson

Thanks for the input guys!

So i sent a very angry , yet respectful message to customer service . They agreed a lot of carts had bad welds and slipped through the cracks . SO this has been an ongoing issue that they are aware of . It seems like I will be getting a new hull !!! I maybe have to pay a little extra for the upgraded seat . I will be bitching and do not plan on paying anything out of my pocket ...... I have contacted my dealer about filing a claim . I will post the results /

I had the cart that goes in the scupper holes , thats in the hobie catalog bigfish . I recommend you contact your dealer about the cart and get a refund or proper replacement .
Old 07-31-2013, 08:46 AM   #7
Rockport24

Sounds like they will make it right, nice work! Hopefully you don't have to pay anything though, agreed that is a little ridiculous!
Old 07-31-2013, 09:04 AM   #8
cheferson

SO far its looking good . My warranty expired 6/25 , so will see what they say about that ....

I sent an email as instructed to my dealer last night . Got a call 1st thing this morning ! All she asked for was a copy of the warranty and a picture of the hole . Already sent . So far other then the #^&#^&#^&#^&ty chinese cart , I cant say a bad thing about hobie or my local dealer .
Old 07-31-2013, 08:14 PM   #9
cheferson

So , good and bad . Good , they immediately approved a new hull , my dealer has been super responsive , the hull is the newer model . Bad , it seems they wanna give me a yellow hull ,and I have to pay for the seat upgrade with a 20% discount , seats only $560...... Email already sent , heh . Seat looks like the same manufacturer as the cart, pfffft . For 560 I may just strap a lazy boy on there and be big pimpin on the high seas . I wonder of I can keep the old hull?
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Old 07-31-2013, 08:29 PM   #10
Nebe

I'd work with them. They are taking a big loss over this. Besides... They could have told you to pound sand.
Nebe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 08:16 AM   #11
cheferson

Sure , maybe if they didn't just give me another pos cart that caused the issue . I told them the first time in person and email , the cart is undersized and very poorly welded .

I can't say 1 bad thing about hobies customer service or my local dealer Though . They both have been nothing but amazing during this . The hobie rep was busy at a big trade show , and still found time to expedite this for me. My dealer kept me updated 2x a day on what was going on too. They also found me an old hull so I wouldn't have to drop 5 bills for the seat upgrade. In just a few days the new hull was already on its way .
Old 08-08-2013, 08:39 AM   #12
Nebe

Nice
Nebe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 08:58 AM   #13
Rockport24

Nice indeed. Check out the c-tug cart, supposedly can hold 300 pounds and it looks very easy to use: http://www.c-tug.net/

and it's not a scupper cart so the risk of damaging your hull again is nil.