Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 05-20-2010, 10:21 AM   #1
FishermanTim

President on Mexico speaking on Arizona law

I would love to hear what he has to say about that.

Then again I can only imagine how our president will bend over backwards apologizing for Arizona for doing something about illegal immigration.
I love AG Martha Coakley's future "mis-speak" moment where she stated that it's not illegal to be illegal here in Massachusetts.

Can we say "Going to hell in a hand basket!"
(Note- a "made in Mexico" hand woven basket)
Old 05-20-2010, 01:04 PM   #2
Realistic

Don't know if anybody here watched & listened to Calderone speaking to congress or not. The man droned on & on for what seemed like an eternity, he spoke about how we need to have a comprehensive immigration bill (now where have I heard that before?) he also touched on how it was too easy for people to get guns here.
Isn't it nice, our POTUS runs around the wrold apologizing for the US & other "leaders" feel free to come here & proceed to tell us how to run our country, & why wouldn't they?
BTW-The Dems in congress was bouncing up & down like yo-yos applauding Calderone.

All I know is what I read in the papers,
and that's an alibi for my ignorance.
Will Rogers
Old 05-21-2010, 06:45 AM   #3
scottw

I hope you heard/saw this jerk with Wolfe Blitzer on CNN proudly detailing the strictness of Mexico's immigration policies while at the same time chastising Arizona and America for ours...what an ass...and there was the America Hater- in- Chief nodding in approval...and the Democrat side of the aisle standing and applauding....I'll give John Edwards one thing...he was right...there are two Americas...and it becomes clearer every day...
Old 05-21-2010, 06:02 PM   #4
likwid
lobster = striper bait

Send a message via AIM to likwid
What I enjoyed was Stephanopolis interviewing the President of Iran Ahmenadinnerpants and Stephanopolis asked why Iran was still holding the "hikers" that they had in jail.

Ahmenadinnerjacket replied "We put them in jail because they were illegally in our country, isn't this what you do with illegal aliens?"

Stephanopolis changed the subject.

Ski Quicks Hole
Old 05-21-2010, 06:14 PM   #5
GattaFish
Great White Scup Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by likwid View Post
Ahmenadinnerjacket replied "We put them in jail because they were illegally in our country, isn't this what you do with illegal aliens?"

Stephanopolis changed the subject.
Funny thing is we ship them home,, not hold them for 9 months to be a-holes like Ahma-nut-jub has done,,,,,,,
Old 05-21-2010, 07:36 PM   #6
likwid
lobster = striper bait

Send a message via AIM to likwid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GattaFish View Post
Funny thing is we ship them home,, not hold them for 9 months to be a-holes like Ahma-nut-jub has done,,,,,,,
What the hell are you talking about? We don't do a goddamn thing about illegal immigration.

Who mows your lawn?

Ski Quicks Hole
Old 06-17-2010, 06:46 PM   #7
PRBuzz
BuzzLuck

Send a message via Skype™ to PRBuzz
Here's a bit of truth?

Given the diversity of the human species, there is no “normal” human genome sequence. We are all mutants.
Old 06-17-2010, 06:56 PM   #8
Raven

Thumbs down

oh yeah, president de mexico tellin us he's gotta it all ta getha

when 23,000 people have already died with the way he's operating
and his country is a total war zone..... with heads rolling like bowling balls....
Old 06-17-2010, 07:57 PM   #9
spence

Some truth, but also some not truth.

Remember, some of our issues are rooted in our differences. So Iran doesn't have an immigration problem...do we want to be more like Iran?

Nuff said.

-spence
Old 06-17-2010, 09:09 PM   #10
detbuch

Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
Some truth, but also some not truth.

Remember, some of our issues are rooted in our differences. So Iran doesn't have an immigration problem...do we want to be more like Iran?

Nuff said.

-spence
I doubt that merely solving our immigration problem would be enough to make us like Iran.

And there is A LOT MORE that can be said about that, but that might offend. One of the great distinctions that separates us from Iran, is that we don't offend, except for Christians, and Americans, which makes us sort of "more like Iran."
Old 06-17-2010, 11:38 PM   #11
JohnnyD

Yo no hablo espanol.
Old 06-19-2010, 06:58 AM   #12
scottw

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyD View Post
Yo no hablo espanol.
you'd better learn very quickly

Vote system that elected NY Hispanic could expand

By JIM FITZGERALD
The Associated Press
Friday, June 18, 2010; 6:29 PM

PORT CHESTER, N.Y. -- The court-ordered election that allowed residents of one New York town to flip the lever six times for one candidate - and produced a Hispanic winner - could expand to other towns where minorities complain their voices aren't being heard.

But first, interested parties will want to take a look at the exit surveys.

The unusual election was imposed on Port Chester after a federal judge determined that Hispanics were being treated unfairly.

The 2010 Census is expected to show large increases in Latino populations and lawsuits alleging discrimination are likely to increase, said Rob Richie, executive director of FairVote, a nonprofit election research and reform group.

"The country's been changing in a lot of places, with minority growth in exurbs and commuter cities, and there will be a realization that those minorities can't elect candidates of choice," Richie said.

That will leave minority groups, federal prosecutors and municipalities looking for ways to keep elections from violating the federal Voting Rights Act, which protects minorities' constitutional right to equal protection under the law.