Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 12-11-2019, 04:38 PM   #91
detbuch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
What was done affected both campaigns to some extent and the Clinton campaign prior to the election, thru Comey's statements and the NY office leaks, that both damaged Clinton's election opportunity.
Was there a warrant of some sort concocted to investigate the Clinton campaign? Was there an investigation into the Clinton campaign's ties to Russia started by some illegal counter-intelligent effort based on the connection with the foreign Steele dossier which depended on Russian sources?
Old 12-11-2019, 04:40 PM   #92
PaulS

Quote:
Originally Posted by detbuch View Post
Was there an investigation into the Clinton campaign's ties to Russia started by some illegal counter-intelligent effort based on the connection with the foreign Steele dossier which depended on Russian sources?
Did the IG report say there was "illegal counter-intelligence"?
Old 12-11-2019, 04:43 PM   #93
detbuch

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulS View Post
Did the IG report say there was "illegal counter-intelligence"?
In questioning by Graham, Horowitz let slip that phrase.
Old 12-11-2019, 04:51 PM   #94
PaulS

I'll have to see if I can find that.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Old 12-11-2019, 04:57 PM   #95
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
Was there a warrant of some sort concocted to investigate the Clinton campaign? Was there an investigation into the Clinton campaign's ties to Russia started by some illegal counter-intelligent effort based on the connection with the foreign Steele dossier which depended on Russian sources?
What investigation before the election did the Obama administration and the FBI keep secret and which one was both leaked and spoken of in public?

Who won the 2016 election?

Who's still running against their 2016 opponent in every campaign rally?

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Lets Go Darwin
Old 12-11-2019, 05:46 PM   #96
detbuch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
What investigation before the election did the Obama administration and the FBI keep secret and which one was both leaked and spoken of in public?

Who won the 2016 election?

Who's still running against their 2016 opponent in every campaign rally?
You tried to insert the notion that HRC was equally hurt by what the IG found. That is not true. Nor was there any attempt to investigate her even though there was, in the eyes of "many people" abundant reason to do so.

Fact is, the IG report, in terms of its scope and capability, was very damning of what was done in order to investigate the Trump campaign. Even though you try to minimize it. As Barr correctly said, the flimsiest of evidence was used, and continued to be used long after the FBI knew that the surveillance of Carter Page and the Steele dossier were bogus.
Old 12-11-2019, 07:31 PM   #97
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Fact is Barr and Durham met with the IG ahead of the release and they offered nothing to change the findings, siding with Barr doesn’t change anything. No deep state. No coup. Interference by foreign powers continues at Trumps request, through his personal attorney, but let’s focus on the past it’s so much more important than the security of the elections.
Old 12-11-2019, 09:33 PM   #98
detbuch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Got Stripers View Post
Fact is Barr and Durham met with the IG ahead of the release and they offered nothing to change the findings, siding with Barr doesn’t change anything. No deep state. No coup. Interference by foreign powers continues at Trumps request, through his personal attorney, but let’s focus on the past it’s so much more important than the security of the elections.
Fact is there was no need to change the facts of the investigation. The only disagreement that Barr and Durham offered was in the notion that there was no evidence of political bias. Barr explained that Horowitz did not have the legal authority to sufficiently explore that issue. Horowitz could only ask questions and accept the answers. He did not have the power to subpoena nor to compel nor to go beyond those working in the DOJ.

As far as the "facts" of the investigation goes, Barr and Durham accepted them, Horowitz's suggestion that there was no political bias is not a factual statement that there was none, but merely a statement that he did not find it. As Barr said, he did not have the tools available to determine it. But that Durham does have the ability to explore the whole issue of criminality well beyond what Horowitz had. And that the Durham investigation will be more thorough and probative of criminality.

And the fact is that Horowitz said that no one involved was exonerated.
Old 12-11-2019, 09:41 PM   #99
Jim in CT

Quote:
Fact is there was no need to change the facts of the investigation. The only disagreement that Barr and Durham offered was in the notion that there was no evidence of political bias. Barr explained that Horowitz did not have the legal authority to sufficiently explore that issue. Horowitz could only ask questions and accept the answers. He did not have the power to subpoena nor to compel nor to go beyond those working in the DOJ.

As far as the "facts" of the investigation goes, Barr and Durham accepted them, Horowitz's suggestion that there was no political bias is not a factual statement that there was none, but merely a statement that he did not find it. As Barr said, he did not have the tools available to determine it. But that Durham does have the ability to explore the whole issue of criminality well beyond what Horowitz had. And that the Durham investigation will be more thorough and probative of criminality.

And the fact is that Horowitz said that no one involved was exonerated.
does anyone have any clue when Durham will release his report?
Old 12-11-2019, 09:44 PM   #100
detbuch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
Barr hinted that it might be early to mid next summer. But who knows.
Old 12-11-2019, 09:49 PM   #101
Jim in CT

Quote:
Barr hinted that it might be early to mid next summer. But who knows.
thanks. long time.
Old 12-12-2019, 04:29 AM   #102
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
When it’s politically expedient

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Lets Go Darwin
Old 12-12-2019, 05:02 AM   #103
scottw

Quote:
thanks. long time.
no rush....democraps are destroying themselves and turnng trump into a folk hero...it's immense fun to watch...looking forward to Comey, McCabe, Brennan, Clapper, Strozk, Page...maybe even Obama....all going to jail....