Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 10-09-2015, 10:49 AM   #1
Nebe

Bengaaaazzziiiiiiiii. !!!!!!!!

This should be interesting ...

http://ringoffireradio.com/2015/10/0...ghazi-committe
Old 10-09-2015, 10:51 AM   #2
Nebe

I don't endorse the source FYI. Just this article
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Old 10-09-2015, 11:10 AM   #3
spence

I think everyone knew it was a sham from the beginning, but I didn't think they'd just come out and admit it.

Going to be the same thing for the Planned Parenthood investigation. Just keep rehashing discredited stories to whip the sheep into a frenzy.
Old 10-09-2015, 11:30 AM   #4
Nebe

Yeah. No surprise here either.
Old 10-09-2015, 12:12 PM   #5
ecduzitgood
time to go

Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
I think everyone knew it was a sham from the beginning, but I didn't think they'd just come out and admit it.

Going to be the same thing for the Planned Parenthood investigation. Just keep rehashing discredited stories to whip the sheep into a frenzy.
Sheep...you want to talk about sheep...what kind of people vote back in a Governor who increases sale tax by 25%? The sheep bought the "sale tax hasn't gone up in over 30 year crap.....if the price of the item went up so did the amount of tax paid..stupid sheep of Massachusetts thanks a lot.
Old 10-09-2015, 12:35 PM   #6
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nebe View Post
I don't endorse the source FYI. Just this article
I think it's very unethical for anyone to hold pointless hearings for no reason other than party politics. I didn't like it when the Dems did it to Clarence Thomas, and I wouldn't like it in this case. Let's see if that's what happened. I thought Mccarthy connected the dots between Hilarys polling drop and the hearings, but I didn't think he said that was the only reason for the hearings.

Alan Grayson is maybe the biggest kook in Congress. He said that the GOP healthcare plan is "for sick people to die fast", and I think he genuinely believes that, which makes him psychotic.
Old 10-09-2015, 12:36 PM   #7
Jim in CT

Quote:

Discredited? The Planned parenthood videos have been discredited? I missed that. The recordings were fabricated?
Old 10-09-2015, 02:21 PM   #8
Jackbass
Land OF Forgotten Toys

Politicizing an investigation? Nooooo!!! That's never happened before has it?

Hello Pots Meet the Kettles you can bang heads and make noise.

Everything that happens in Washington is Politically based. This country is insane!!!!
Old 10-09-2015, 03:42 PM   #9
spence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
I think it's very unethical for anyone to hold pointless hearings for no reason other than party politics. I didn't like it when the Dems did it to Clarence Thomas, and I wouldn't like it in this case.
Actually Jim, a Congressional hearing is standard process to confirm the nomination of a Supreme Court Justice.
Old 10-09-2015, 03:47 PM   #10
spence

Quote:
Discredited? The Planned parenthood videos have been discredited? I missed that. The recordings were fabricated?
1) Rock 2) Move rock 3) Crawl out from under rock 4) Open eyes
Old 10-09-2015, 05:29 PM   #11
nightfighter
Seldom Seen

Let me personalize this for you. When I see this thread's title all I can think of is Glen Doherty. His and the other three deaths there were preventable, but I am not going there. I have known his parents since 1976. His sister lives here in town. Watch the video. Tell me you wouldn't have wanted someone like this as a close friend. Loss was preventable, but he knew that risk. I have read just about as much as I can and feel justified where I lay the blame for what happened. Just makes me want to puke when I see all the politicizing being used for these Washington asshats, on both sides of the aisle..... That is all I will say.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2013...-glen-doherty/
Old 10-09-2015, 05:57 PM   #12
Nebe

Ross, I had no idea you knew someone who was there and I'm sorry if I offended you.

I won't bring this subject up again.
Old 10-09-2015, 06:11 PM   #13
nightfighter
Seldom Seen

Not offended, just want to refocus the attention on the leaders we should be looking at to lead a faltering nation and send outstanding men and women like Glen out to meet the challenges of the nation and the world. We need leadership, not politics. And I still don't see anyone I am willing to throw my vote towards.....

He was a great person by any measuring stick......
Old 10-10-2015, 08:54 AM   #14
spence

I was speaking to a workmate yesterday, he's a very bright guy, and couldn't believe how he still steadfastly believed most of the Benghazi conspiracy theories that have been shot down in investigation after investigation.

Personally I think some develop an addiction to the hate and just can't quit it.
Old 10-10-2015, 03:03 PM   #15
Jackbass
Land OF Forgotten Toys

Quote:
I was speaking to a workmate yesterday, he's a very bright guy, and couldn't believe how he still steadfastly believed most of the Benghazi conspiracy theories that have been shot down in investigation after investigation.

Personally I think some develop an addiction to the hate and just can't quit it.

Similar to how most Tina Fey quotes are attributed to Palin. People love to beleive what they think should be correct.

I am the man in the Bassless Chaps
Old 10-10-2015, 03:39 PM   #16
spence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackbass View Post
Similar to how most Tina Fey quotes are attributed to Palin. People love to beleive what they think should be correct.
No, not really like that at all.
Old 10-12-2015, 09:32 AM   #17
Jim in CT

Quote:
Actually Jim, a Congressional hearing is standard process to confirm the nomination of a Supreme Court Justice.
True, good point. But when the process turns into an exercise of painting a black man as someone who can't be trusted around women, when there's all kinds of evidence saying the charges were baseless, one could argue it was a political exercise, couldn't one?
Old 10-12-2015, 01:17 PM   #18
PaulS

Jim, I think you need to read up on Judge Thomas' hearing. It was totally different from Bengazi. It wasn't about rape and was sch. due to his confirmation. There was little opposition until people heard about Anita Hill. She came forward reluctantly.

Maybe the Bengazi investigation will find that Pres. Clinton had sez with a 2nd intern.
Old 10-12-2015, 01:18 PM   #19
PaulS

Ross, In your opinion are they using the deaths for political motives?
Old 10-12-2015, 01:22 PM   #20
PaulS

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/10/12/us...T.nav=top-news
Old 10-12-2015, 07:57 PM   #21
nightfighter
Seldom Seen

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulS View Post
Ross, In your opinion are they using the deaths for political motives?
Hell, yes. How many months, or now years, does it take any of these committees of elected officials to reach a conclusion on what happened on the ground there and in Washington? Oh, wait. The agenda changed. Make that multiple agendas, as they "took a turn." The dead and their families deserve better. I hate politics , and politicians even more.
Old 10-13-2015, 07:26 AM   #22
Jim in CT

Quote:
Jim, I think you need to read up on Judge Thomas' hearing. It was totally different from Bengazi. It wasn't about rape and was sch. due to his confirmation. There was little opposition until people heard about Anita Hill. She came forward reluctantly.

Maybe the Bengazi investigation will find that Pres. Clinton had sez with a 2nd intern.
It was a necessary, legitimate exercise that, as usual, immediately descended into pure partisan attacks. Hill came forward reluctantly, because nobody believed her, unless they had a political benefit to supporting her.

My point was, it shouldn't be acceptable to us that both parties use these things for petty partisan attacks. We should demand more.

Thomas' confirmation hearing was legitimate. So is asking the SecState to testify about the disaster that happened on her watch in Libya. Biut politics sems to always get in the way, because we don't elect people who genuinely know how to solve problems and get things done.

Last edited by Jim in CT; 10-13-2015 at 07:45 AM..
Old 10-13-2015, 07:55 AM   #23
PaulS

I agree once Hill came forward politics prob. took over and unfortunately that always happens. However, at this point 7-8? investigations have found nothing and the time to drop it has long past by (not move on to looking at emails). I don't think there was ever any evidence Clinton ordered the military to stand down.
Old 10-13-2015, 09:59 AM   #24
Jim in CT

Quote:
I agree once Hill came forward politics prob. took over and unfortunately that always happens. However, at this point 7-8? investigations have found nothing and the time to drop it has long past by (not move on to looking at emails). I don't think there was ever any evidence Clinton ordered the military to stand down.
Has Hilary testified under oath, about Benghazi yet? I doubt she told the military to stand down. I'd like to know why she authorized the State Dept to say it was all a reaction to a youtube video, when no one in their right mind really thought that. That's a fair question (I think), and she has to explain her actions on that front if she wants to be POTUS.

If it turns out to be nothing more than a political witchhunt, the Republicans should have to answer for that. We have too many huge problems to fix, to spend resources on a political attack.
Old 10-13-2015, 10:02 AM   #25
Nebe

Of course this is a political witch hunt.
Old 10-15-2015, 10:34 AM   #26
spence

Quote:
Has Hilary testified under oath, about Benghazi yet? I doubt she told the military to stand down. I'd like to know why she authorized the State Dept to say it was all a reaction to a youtube video, when no one in their right mind really thought that. That's a fair question (I think), and she has to explain her actions on that front if she wants to be POTUS.

If it turns out to be nothing more than a political witchhunt, the Republicans should have to answer for that. We have too many huge problems to fix, to spend resources on a political attack.
Perhaps we need an investigation to uncover why so many people continue to believe non-scandals that have already been investigated. Hell, even the GOP led House investigation cleared the White House and CIA...yet you still believe.

And in the past two weeks:

1) The man in line to take the Speaker's gavel admits the Select Committee is politically motivated

2) A former investigator of the Select Committee admits it's politically motivated

3) Another GOP House member admits the Select Committee is politically motivated

What a waste of taxpayer money. Where's the order to stand down???

Last edited by spence; 10-15-2015 at 10:44 AM..
Old 10-15-2015, 10:59 AM   #27
Jim in CT

Quote:
Perhaps we need an investigation to uncover why so many people continue to believe non-scandals that have already been investigated. Hell, even the GOP led House investigation cleared the White House and CIA...yet you still believe.

1) The man in line to take the Speaker's gavel admits the Select Committee is politically motivated

2) A former investigator of the Select Committee admits it's politically motivated

3) Another GOP House member admits the Select Committee is politically motivated

Had she previously testified under oath? It's a simple question.

The fact that it's politically motivated, doesn't mean there isn't anything to see there. The hearings against Nixon and Clinton were also politically motivated, that doesn't mean there wasn't genuinely something there.
Old 10-15-2015, 11:01 AM   #28
Jim in CT

Quote:

In one of these threads, you said the Planned Parenthood videos had been discredited. Funny, since PP just announced that they will no longer be engaging in the exact behavior that the videos revealed.

In other words, PP basically said "we didn't do any of those things that are in the videos, and in addition, we won't be doing those things anymore."

Makes sense.
Old 10-15-2015, 11:51 AM   #29
spence

Quote:
In one of these threads, you said the Planned Parenthood videos had been discredited. Funny, since PP just announced that they will no longer be engaging in the exact behavior that the videos revealed.
The videos were edited to imply a profit motive that doesn't exist.

The decision to deny reimbursement isn't an admission, it's asserting their position that this is about science and not money.

You can still be against abortion and admit you're 100% wrong here.
Old 10-15-2015, 12:11 PM   #30
Jim in CT

Quote:
The videos were edited to imply a profit motive that doesn't exist.

The decision to deny reimbursement isn't an admission, it's asserting their position that this is about science and not money.

You can still be against abortion and admit you're 100% wrong here.
So it all comes down to whether or not there was profit, or just enough to cover expenses?

I have no problem with valid scientific research, and the tissue has to come from somewhere. What repulsed me, and many others, was the casual, inhuman attitude of the ghouls that work there, talking flippantly about butchering babies over wine, while discussing sports cars. Maybe that's what all scientists do. It was ugly. And I'm not wrong in stating that.