Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 02-16-2022, 08:56 PM   #1
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
Virginia's new Republican governor, who banned critical race theory in schools, is launching a tip line for parents to report their kids' teachers

He said parents can report public-school teachers if they believe they're "behaving objectionably."

Gotto love the GOP facts need not apply all you need is a feeling

Youngkin banned the teaching of "inherently divisive concepts" on his first day in office. The order didn't define "divisive concepts, amazing
The party of big government and executive control

Limiting the power of local school districts, Virginia Gov. Youngkin signs law barring school mask mandates.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Lets Go Darwin
Old 02-17-2022, 05:31 AM   #2
scottw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
The party of big government and executive control

Limiting the power of local school districts, Virginia Gov. Youngkin signs law barring school mask mandates.
yes, barring mandates is good, nothing is stopping anyone from wearing masks, double masking, double masking and wearing gloves or from parents masking their children if they have concerns
Old 02-17-2022, 11:08 AM   #3
detbuch

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottw View Post
yes, barring mandates is good, nothing is stopping anyone from wearing masks, double masking, double masking and wearing gloves or from parents masking their children if they have concerns
Yes, for the benevolent authoritarian, mandates are freedom, liberty is oppression.
Old 02-18-2022, 08:22 PM   #4
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
Originally Posted by detbuch View Post
Yes, for the benevolent authoritarian, mandates are freedom, liberty is oppression.
All 3 Republicans running for Michigan Attorney General just stated that they oppose the ruling in Griswold v Connecticut which outlawed prosecuting married couples for using contraception.

You read that right.

We spent 20 years fighting the Taliban and they were here hiding under rocks all along. Good luck Michigan.

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Lets Go Darwin
Old 02-18-2022, 11:15 PM   #5
detbuch

Quote:
All 3 Republicans running for Michigan Attorney General just stated that they oppose the ruling in Griswold v Connecticut which outlawed prosecuting married couples for using contraception.

You read that right.

We spent 20 years fighting the Taliban and they were here hiding under rocks all along. Good luck Michigan.
You quote verbatim, without quotation marks nor attribution, a one-sided, uncomprehensive tweet by hyperpartisan, hyperauthoritarion Democrat Mich. AG Dana Nessel and think you've really given us some important and incisive information?
Old 02-19-2022, 05:01 AM   #6
scottw

Quote:

quote verbatim, without quotation marks, nor attribution, one-sided, uncomprehensive , hyperpartisan, and think you've really given us some important and incisive information?
that's our pete all day every day...
Old 02-19-2022, 08:47 AM   #7
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
You quote verbatim, without quotation marks nor attribution, a one-sided, uncomprehensive tweet by hyperpartisan, hyperauthoritarion Democrat Mich. AG Dana Nessel and think you've really given us some important and incisive information?
Are you denying what they said or just spinning

Lets Go Darwin
Old 02-19-2022, 08:48 PM   #8
detbuch

Quote:
Are you denying what they said or just spinning
Neither denying nor affirming. The devil is in the details. What is it in or about the ruling that they oppose, and why?