Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 02-10-2022, 09:46 AM   #91
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulS View Post
That's it? How many posts and threads did you make about Hillary but that is it for Trump even though what he did appears to be far worse?

And let's see all the people who commented if they come back and comment on Trump?

Bruce, TDF, John, SD, DZ, Scott.

It is Hillarius.
tell me how
many posts you’d like me to make. this, coming from the guy who cries about how often i post. now you’re crying that i don’t post more. which is it?

do you have the same number of posts criticizing the left as you criticize the right?

i’ve made lots of posts here bashing trumps lack of ethics.

grasping at straws.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Old 02-10-2022, 10:04 AM   #92
PaulS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
tell me how
many posts you’d like me to make. this, coming from the guy who cries about how often i post. now you’re crying that i don’t post more. which is it?

do you have the same number of posts criticizing the left as you criticize the right? no, not even close. I don't praise the left in posts or threads other than to point out the hypocrisy of criticizing one side when the other side does the same thing.

i’ve made lots of posts here bashing trumps lack of ethics.

grasping at straws.
Make as many as you want. But you went on and on with hundreds of posts about the server but the more egregious stealing and destroying of classified docs seemed to be ok.
Old 02-10-2022, 10:07 AM   #93
Jim in CT

Quote:
Make as many as you want. But you went on and on with hundreds of posts about the server but the more egregious stealing and destroying of classified docs seemed to be ok.
i make too many posts pointing out your sides hypocrisy.

everyone here agrees trump us a horribly flawed person, no one says otherwise, so there’s nothing to debate

but none of you can criticize a liberal, so that’s where there’s debate.
Old 02-10-2022, 10:14 AM   #94
scottw

did he flush cartons of classified documents down the toilet before or after he peed on the hookers?
Old 02-10-2022, 10:27 AM   #95
PaulS

Quote:
i make too many posts pointing out your sides hypocrisy.

everyone here agrees trump us a horribly flawed person, no one says otherwise, so there’s nothing to debate

but none of you can criticize a liberal, so that’s where there’s debate.
I think with the Rs giving themselves over to Trump they have shown more hypocrisy than any either party has ever shown.
Old 02-10-2022, 10:36 AM   #96
Jim in CT

Quote:
I think with the Rs giving themselves over to Trump they have shown more hypocrisy than any either party has ever shown.
and i think democrats are just as comfortable ignoring a candidates personal behavior when they like his policies. The party of the clintons, the kennedy’s, and robert byrd, all of a sudden insists that character matters.

the whole time bill clinton was president, democrats chose to
ignore his ethics and judge him on policy. i actually agree with that logic, and i apply it to both sides.

zero hypocrisy.

you guys will post all day long about trumps flaws, and will
never admit to any flaws for any democrat.
Old 02-10-2022, 10:56 AM   #97
PaulS

Quote:
and i think democrats are just as comfortable ignoring a candidates personal behavior when they like his policies. The party of the clintons, the kennedy’s, and robert byrd, all of a sudden insists that character matters.

the whole time bill clinton was president, democrats chose to
ignore his ethics and judge him on policy. i actually agree with that logic, and i apply it to both sides.

zero hypocrisy.

you guys will post all day long about trumps flaws, and will
never admit to any flaws for any democrat.
Trump has more flaws (and if he only had "flaws" it wouldn't be that big of a deal) than any Pres. in our lifetime. The Rs set the table for our current political climate by complaining about the most minor things (Obama wearing a brown suit and disgracing the office, saluting w/a cup of coffee in his hands, etc) and politicizing investigations (Bengahzi). So after 8 years of that and then Trump they deserve everything thrown at them.
Old 02-10-2022, 11:03 AM   #98
Jim in CT

Quote:
Trump has more flaws (and if he only had "flaws" it wouldn't be that big of a deal) than any Pres. in our lifetime. The Rs set the table for our current political climate by complaining about the most minor things (Obama wearing a brown suit and disgracing the office, saluting w/a cup of coffee in his hands, etc) and politicizing investigations (Bengahzi). So after 8 years of that and then Trump they deserve everything thrown at them.
So Bill Clinton and the Kennedy’s have an acceptable
number flaws, Trump has too many. That’s convenient!

what’s the maximum number of acceptable flaws, anyway?

right, you call people retards, but just everyone else who sets the table. poor you. poor, poor you.

democrats didn’t do any of it. democrats haven’t been calling everyone who disagrees with them racist Nazis since W was president, nope.
Old 02-10-2022, 12:05 PM   #99
PaulS

Quote:
So Bill Clinton and the Kennedy’s have an acceptable
number flaws, Trump has too many. That’s convenient!

what’s the maximum number of acceptable flaws, anyway? Did I ever say that?

right, you call people retards, but just everyone else who sets the table. poor you. poor, poor you. Don't lie. Did I call anyone a retard or was I mocking the conservatives who had no problem watching Trump mock a handicapped reporter? I guess some people don't have the handicapped's backs. Is this like when you said Pete went after TDF's family and Pete finally pulled up the quote and this is not what happened?

democrats didn’t do any of it. democrats haven’t been calling everyone who disagrees with them racist Nazis since W was president, nope.
And Rs haven't been calling everyone who disagrees with them names since forever.
Old 02-10-2022, 12:16 PM   #100
scottw

Quote:
And Rs haven't been calling everyone who disagrees with them names since forever.
seriously...are you 12 years old?
Old 02-10-2022, 12:32 PM   #101
Jim in CT

Quote:
i agree they have.

you’re the one, not me, who said “the R’a set the table for the current climate.”

again, you can’t concede the behavior of the left. none of you can.

hilary says we’re deplorable and irredeemable, Biden says we want to put blacks back in chains. Obama
says republicans “hate all the time”.

poor, poor you.
Old 02-10-2022, 12:51 PM   #102
PaulS

Quote:
i agree they have.

you’re the one, not me, who said “the R’a set the table for the current climate.” yes, one in which is far worse than it ever has been.

again, you can’t concede the behavior of the left. none of you can. you keep claiming that bc no one posted something about the

hilary says we’re deplorable and irredeemableshe actually said like 50%. Looking at the % who can't concede Biden won, I would say she underestimated. and never mind her apology., Biden says we want to put blacks back in chains. Obama
says republicans “hate all the time”.

poor, poor you.
Don't worry about me. I don't need to come here 7 days a week for all hours to answer every post that I don't like.
Old 02-10-2022, 01:16 PM   #103
scottw

Quote:
Don't worry about me. I don't need to come here 7 days a week for all hours to answer every post that I don't like.
11 years old?
Old 02-10-2022, 02:37 PM   #104
Jim in CT

Quote:
but you’d never, ever say that to pete ow wdmso.

everything is ok when liberals do it!!
Old 02-10-2022, 02:38 PM   #105
wdmso

Again not sure why Jim didn’t post this story. I know he and other were more concerned That Obama wasn’t wearing a mask Priorities?

National Archives asks Justice Dept. to investigate Trump’s handling of White House records

So let’s see this goes 1 of 2 ways

He tore them up and because he’s a baby.

Or He took and Tore them up because he’s a baby and trying to hide from the Truth or lies those documents may hold

But but Hillary emails. How do it go?

Oh yea. LOCK HER UP !
Old 02-10-2022, 03:03 PM   #106
PaulS

Quote:
but you’d never, ever say that to pete ow wdmso.

everything is ok when liberals do it!!
I like you better.
Old 02-10-2022, 03:16 PM   #107
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
Again not sure why Jim didn’t post this story. I know he and other were more concerned That Obama wasn’t wearing a mask Priorities?

National Archives asks Justice Dept. to investigate Trump’s handling of White House records

Or He took and Tore them up because he’s a baby and trying to hide from the Truth or lies those documents may hold

Oh yea. LOCK HER UP !
Normally he'd have his lawyer or accountant hide all the criminal acts, so he can keep his hands clean and say hey I didn't know. I guess in the white house maybe it wasn't that easy to set up the usual fall guys.

Frankly tearing up those documents is against federal law, have they not charged him yet because more is coming down the line? His actions are criminal both on the records and the attempt to change the election, wonder if this AG has the balls to charge the idiot. He surrounded himself with like idiots, who just continue to go on talk shows to reveal what they were attempting, what the plan was and who was involved. It is amazing that this idiot still has such a grip on the republican party, I almost hope he can run again, as I think it would bring out a massive turnout to keep him out of the white house again.
Old 02-10-2022, 04:00 PM   #108
detbuch

Quote:

Oh yea. LOCK HER UP !
She didn't get locked up. So . . . goose/gander
Old 02-10-2022, 04:56 PM   #109
Pete F.
Canceled

The National Archives (not DOJ or FBI) recovered 15(?) boxes of documents from Mar a Lago 13 months after they "left" the White House.

How many boxes would have been uncovered on January 21st, 2021?
We'll never know how much was removed, shredded, or flushed during the interim.

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Lets Go Darwin
Old 02-10-2022, 05:17 PM   #110
PaulS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Got Stripers View Post
Normally he'd have his lawyer or accountant hide all the criminal acts, so he can keep his hands clean and say hey I didn't know. I guess in the white house maybe it wasn't that easy to set up the usual fall guys.

Frankly tearing up those documents is against federal law, have they not charged him yet because more is coming down the line? His actions are criminal both on the records and the attempt to change the election, wonder if this AG has the balls to charge the idiot. He surrounded himself with like idiots, who just continue to go on talk shows to reveal what they were attempting, what the plan was and who was involved. It is amazing that this idiot still has such a grip on the republican party, I almost hope he can run again, as I think it would bring out a massive turnout to keep him out of the white house again.
Another report just came out that he clogged WH toilets trying to flush documents. No wonder he complained that people had to flush their toilet 10 - 15 times.
Old 02-10-2022, 07:12 PM   #111
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

If only we could flush Trump from our minds and politics, the guy is going to go down in history as the nut job we (meaning you) elected to president. Top secret files taken to his golf course, missing phone logs, flushing records in the Oval Office toilet; if you saw this in a movie you’d change the channel as it’s to fu*ked up.
Old 02-10-2022, 07:38 PM   #112
scottw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Got Stripers View Post
If only we could flush Trump from our minds and politics, the guy is going to go down in history as the nut job we (meaning you) elected to president. Top secret files taken to his golf course, missing phone logs, flushing records in the Oval Office toilet; if you saw this in a movie you’d change the channel as it’s to fu*ked up.
some dummies continue to obsess over him....
Old 02-10-2022, 07:45 PM   #113
scottw

Quote:

Another report just came out that he clogged WH toilets trying to flush documents.
the source is a NY Times reporter so the source is questionable at best...and this is what was written/said...

“I learned that staff in the White House residence would periodically find the toilet clogged, the engineer would have to come and fix it. And what the engineer would generally find would be wads of, you know, wet, printed paper, meaning it was not toilet paper, this was either notes or some other piece of paper that they believed he had thrown down the toilet,” Haberman said during an appearance on CNN on Thursday morning.“What it could be, Brianna, could be anybody’s guess. It could be post-its, it could be notes he wrote to himself, it could be other things,” Haberman added. “It certainly does add, as you said, another dimension to what we know about how he handled material in the White House.”

it's fun that the left has become so insane that some are fretting and wondering about what was in trump's toilet...
Old 02-10-2022, 07:53 PM   #114
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottw View Post
to many GOP dummies continue to obsess over him....
Fixed
Old 02-11-2022, 06:56 AM   #115
Pete F.
Canceled

Everything Donald Trump accused others of doing, whether it was Hillary Clinton or his Republican rivals, we keep finding out he did it himself. Literally everything.
Old 02-11-2022, 07:28 AM   #116
wdmso

Quote:
Originally Posted by detbuch View Post
She didn't get locked up. So . . . goose/gander
Why is that the line of defense from Conservatives and Republicans on anything Trump

No blood no foul. Or they didn’t succeed ? Stepping right over Intent as if it doesn’t matter

Some Trump records taken to Mar-a-Lago clearly marked as classified, including documents at ‘top secret’ level

But but
Old 02-11-2022, 07:41 AM   #117
scottw

Quote:

Stepping right over Intent as if it doesn’t matter

you are constantly quick assume intent....

"Citing two people familiar with the matter, The Post reported on Thursday......

It is unclear how many classified documents were recovered by the National Archives, according to The Post.

Two sources told the newspaper that some records had labels signaling that the information within was very sensitive...

The National Archives has reportedly asked the Department of Justice to look into Trump’s handling of documents related to his time in the White House following the reports of records being seized from Mar-a-Lago.

The Post reported on Wednesday that the referral from the National Archives sparked conversation among federal prosecutors about potentially probing if Trump committed a crime by not properly turning over records.

It is reportedly unclear, however, if the department will go ahead with such an effort."

geez....I wonder why?
Old 02-11-2022, 07:58 AM   #118
wdmso

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottw View Post
you are constantly quick assume intent....

"Citing two people familiar with the matter, The Post reported on Thursday......

It is unclear how many classified documents were recovered by the National Archives, according to The Post.

Two sources told the newspaper that some records had labels signaling that the information within was very sensitive...

The National Archives has reportedly asked the Department of Justice to look into Trump’s handling of documents related to his time in the White House following the reports of records being seized from Mar-a-Lago.

The Post reported on Wednesday that the referral from the National Archives sparked conversation among federal prosecutors about potentially probing if Trump committed a crime by not properly turning over records.

It is reportedly unclear, however, if the department will go ahead with such an effort."

geez....I wonder why?
Seems you and I have a different understanding of unclear .

It tells me no decisions have been made

Last edited by The Dad Fisherman; 02-11-2022 at 08:13 AM..
Old 02-11-2022, 08:04 AM   #119
scottw

Quote:

Seems you and I have a different understanding of unclear .

It tells me no decisions have been made

you'd think they'd be busting down the doors before any more top secret documents are flushed down the toilet

Last edited by The Dad Fisherman; 02-11-2022 at 08:14 AM..
Old 02-11-2022, 10:07 AM   #120
Pete F.
Canceled

Is now a good time to ask how much classified information Trump and Jared Kushner passed along to MBS, Putin, Orbán, Bolsonaro and their other autocrat buddies? And how many documents they hid or destroyed related to that?

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Lets Go Darwin