Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Main Forum » StriperTalk!

StriperTalk! All things Striper

Old 07-26-2014, 07:18 AM   #31
massbassman

I agree, its not worth something bad happening if you confront them. But I should talk... 3 weeks ago, I'm suiting up at my spot in Newport at 2 am when I hear this small car with a bad muffler slowing down and pulling in. This real sketchy looking dude with the hat turned sideways and his friends, drives by real slow, eyeballing me the whole way. They go up a ways until I cant see them anymore, but dont come back out. I get finished getting dressed and am still thinking these guys are waiting me out. I waited a couple of more minutes, before I locked up and headed down to my spot. I always park my truck so I have a good vantage point from where I fish, as Ive heard of people getting broke into, but never a problem. After about 45 minutes, I hear the sound of their muffler coming out, but no lights on. I started watching my truck, but could only barely see it, as it was a moonless night. Sure enough I see a small penlight come on, and start looking in my windows. I start heading back across the rocks as quick as I can, as fast as you can with Korkers, and make it up the hill to the road. The plugs in my bag were making noise as I ran toward my truck with my light off. I yelled to get the f#*! away from my truck, and he flashed his light real quick on me before jumping back in the car and screwing out of there. I flicked on my light to see their plate, but they were too far away. I could make out a total of 3 of them in the car. I did call the cops and gave them a description, but never heard anything. Not that I would cause they didn't steal anything. You gotta just hope these scumbags will get their own someday and get busted. It pisses you off and you react, but it wasn't until the ride home I thought about what could have happened if they decided to come after me. It could have been ugly. It's hard to not do something though when someone messes with your stuff.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
massbassman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2014, 11:16 AM   #32
Slipknot
Super Moderator

I never suggested anything like checking others hubcaps. Just saying write your name on your property. If the other suspect agrees to remove to check, it's up to them. Like Paul said, it's just a hubcap for crying out loud
Slipknot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2014, 12:02 PM   #33
rickhern

[QUOTE=Slipknot;1047853]you forgot the rock throwing

Rick, take your other three caps off and write your initials on the backside with permanent marker and put them back on for future identification purposes. Maybe I should go do that to mine

good luck with your quest[/QUOTE
Metor shower
rickhern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2014, 09:08 AM   #34
rphud
GrandBob

Last guy that put his stick to my ankle intentionally got cross checked to the bridge of his nose.....just saying.
rphud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2014, 10:01 AM   #35
bloocrab
Callinectes sapidus

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickhern View Post
But if he gets in my crease, he is getting the lumber to the ankles.
Quote:
Last guy that put his stick to my ankle intentionally got cross checked to the bridge of his nose.....just saying.
Not sure what that has to do with the price of tea in China...
Time to clear the benches, got hub-cap?....

...it finally happened, there are no more secret spots
bloocrab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2014, 10:02 AM   #36
Cool Beans

Drill a tiny hole in your hubcaps. Can't really see it unless you know it's there. Would be very easy to prove he took it. But then you're right back to the confrontation that you don't wanna have.

As for me, I think I would take mine back, along with his other 3 and place his 3 in the trail where he would find them on his way out.

If of course they were marked so you knew for sure he had taken yours.

then wait for the and to start

and also be scared to leave your truck parked anywhere thinking now he's gonna get even
Cool Beans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2014, 12:30 PM   #37
rphud
GrandBob

meaning, these things tend to escalate.
Old 07-27-2014, 01:03 PM   #38
bloocrab
Callinectes sapidus

Quote:
Originally Posted by rphud View Post
meaning, these things tend to escalate.
Agreed, ...when last rick and I spoke, I too...suggested that cooler heads should prevail. Just sux if it was the vehicle parked near his,,,the fool should have driven away. Would have left rick thinking it simply fell off.

Someone messing with my family and/or personal property has always been a hot ticket item for me. I don't handle that well
rick, you're not family but I still feel for ya

...it finally happened, there are no more secret spots
bloocrab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2014, 02:15 PM   #39
rphud
GrandBob

On the ice you pretty much see what everybody brings to the fight, on the street you never know. Plenty of road rage stories where you flip off the wrong guy driving, and bullets start to fly. Discretion is most often the better part of valor, but there are limits.
Old 07-27-2014, 05:31 PM   #40
fcap60
Frank Capone

I think ProfessorM gives sound advise. I agree
fcap60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2014, 08:54 PM   #41
rickhern

LMAO I get a text at 6:03 this am from the owner of the vehicle in question accusing me of stealing his hubcaps. Best defense is a good offense I guess.

Gonna let this go. Wish I could say more guys, but please respect this and let it go.
Old 07-27-2014, 08:59 PM   #42
redcrbbr
here fishy fishy

Send a message via ICQ to redcrbbr Send a message via AIM to redcrbbr Send a message via Yahoo to redcrbbr
rick, my burb is heading to the boneyard, your more than welcome to the caps. it is older than yours 1994

redcrbbr
of all the things i've lost...i miss my mind the most!!

redcrbbr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2014, 09:02 PM   #43
rickhern

Thanks Bob, already ordered one. Then again, I suppose having an extra or 2 wouldnt hurt. Give you a riggie for them.
Old 07-27-2014, 09:05 PM   #44
redcrbbr
here fishy fishy

Send a message via ICQ to redcrbbr Send a message via AIM to redcrbbr Send a message via Yahoo to redcrbbr
i'll put them aside for you

redcrbbr
of all the things i've lost...i miss my mind the most!!

redcrbbr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2014, 09:06 AM   #45
Swimmer
Retired Surfer

Quote:
Originally Posted by massbassman View Post
I agree, its not worth something bad happening if you confront them. But I should talk... 3 weeks ago, I'm suiting up at my spot in Newport at 2 am when I hear this small car with a bad muffler slowing down and pulling in. This real sketchy looking dude with the hat turned sideways and his friends, drives by real slow, eyeballing me the whole way. They go up a ways until I cant see them anymore, but dont come back out. I get finished getting dressed and am still thinking these guys are waiting me out. I waited a couple of more minutes, before I locked up and headed down to my spot. I always park my truck so I have a good vantage point from where I fish, as Ive heard of people getting broke into, but never a problem. After about 45 minutes, I hear the sound of their muffler coming out, but no lights on. I started watching my truck, but could only barely see it, as it was a moonless night. Sure enough I see a small penlight come on, and start looking in my windows. I start heading back across the rocks as quick as I can, as fast as you can with Korkers, and make it up the hill to the road. The plugs in my bag were making noise as I ran toward my truck with my light off. I yelled to get the f#*! away from my truck, and he flashed his light real quick on me before jumping back in the car and screwing out of there. I flicked on my light to see their plate, but they were too far away. I could make out a total of 3 of them in the car. I did call the cops and gave them a description, but never heard anything. Not that I would cause they didn't steal anything. You gotta just hope these scumbags will get their own someday and get busted. It pisses you off and you react, but it wasn't until the ride home I thought about what could have happened if they decided to come after me. It could have been ugly. It's hard to not do something though when someone messes with your stuff.
Always write a suspicious vehicles plate down for future reference, always. Snap a pic even, I do.

Swimmer a.k.a. YO YO MA
Serial Mailbox Killer/Seal Fisherman
Swimmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2014, 10:47 AM   #46
Raven

great idea
i will brand my hubcaps ....like cattle on a ranch
Raven is offline   Reply With Quote