Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 07-22-2016, 08:46 AM   #1
spence

Quote:
Originally Posted by detbuch View Post
Here, you switch from "narcissist" to "narcissistic personality disorder," which are not the same. Just as you replace principles with values when you want to destroy the distinction and create a simplistic field of discussion which gives your preferred notions or your selected candidates a narrower possibility of being damaged.
They are not the same but share a common root. Because someone has some narcissistic traits (we all do) doesn't make them a narcissist. When it becomes a controlling factor it may be a disorder which Trump certainly appears to have.

Great read here:

http://www.newyorker.com/magazine/20...iter-tells-all

Quote:
If you allow yourself to step away from anti-trump spin, which is mostly hearsay and concocted denigration,
I don't know if you're just lying here or being contrary, regardless it's an irrational statement.

Quote:
you might actually see that he is less likely to damage the country than Hilary especially in nominating Judges--if you care about that. But, we seem to care more about personality. And we have bought into the Progressive desire to centralize power in the hands of the President. We tend to idolize and adore our candidates. In truth, they are not smarter, or better, than most of us.
There's more to leading the country than nominating justices. I'm very concerned his personality lacks the very skills necessary to be President. If he wasn't born with a silver spoon in his mouth one may wonder if he'd had any success at all.
Old 07-22-2016, 09:30 AM   #2
buckman

Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post

There's more to leading the country than nominating justices. I'm very concerned his personality lacks the very skills necessary to be President. If he wasn't born with a silver spoon in his mouth one may wonder if he'd had any success at all.
I'm more concerned that Hillary lacks the ethics , competence and judgment to be president. If she wasn't married to Bill Clinton we wouldn't even know who the hell she was
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Old 07-22-2016, 10:44 AM   #3
spence

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckman View Post
If she wasn't married to Bill Clinton we wouldn't even know who the hell she was
Before she even met Bill she had distinguished records at Wellesley and Yale Law. To claim her success is only because of her husband is pretty sexist...
Old 07-22-2016, 11:20 AM   #4
detbuch

Quote:
Before she even met Bill she had distinguished records at Wellesley and Yale Law. To claim her success is only because of her husband is pretty sexist...
"Distinguished records" as a student are nice, though very limited, successes. I think Buck was referring to success in the "real world," not the cloistered environment of a student's record in academe.
Old 07-22-2016, 01:46 PM   #5
spence

Quote:
Originally Posted by detbuch View Post
"Distinguished records" as a student are nice, though very limited, successes. I think Buck was referring to success in the "real world," not the cloistered environment of a student's record in academe.
Most ambitious people I know who did exceptionally well in school ended up doing well as adults...and Clinton set a very aggressive trajectory.
Old 07-22-2016, 03:39 PM   #6
buckman

[QUOTE=spence;1104778]Most ambitious people I know who did exceptionally well in school ended up doing well as adults...and Clinton set a very aggressive trajectory.[/QUOTE

Too bad she took the Bernie Madoff route
Old 07-22-2016, 05:26 PM   #7
spence

[QUOTE=buckman;1104787]
Quote:
Most ambitious people I know who did exceptionally well in school ended up doing well as adults...and Clinton set a very aggressive trajectory.[/QUOTE

Too bad she took the Bernie Madoff route
Evidence your accusations or they are just puffery.
Old 07-22-2016, 11:41 AM   #8
Sea Dangles

Quote:
Success? Perhaps
Infamy? Bill

PRO CHOICE REPUBLICAN
Old 07-22-2016, 01:43 PM   #9
spence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sea Dangles View Post
Success? Perhaps
Infamy? Bill
He certainly didn't help by staining a blue dress.
Old 07-22-2016, 01:08 PM   #10
buckman

[QUOTE=spence;1104762]To claim her success is only because of her husband is pretty sexist...[/QUOTE

Also pretty true which is exactly why she is the poor representation of someone breaking the glass ceiling .
Do you think they would be worth 200 million without "public service "?
I have to say, how they pull that one off and havent been put in jail yet is one incredible achievement .
Old 07-22-2016, 01:45 PM   #11
spence

[QUOTE=buckman;1104774]
Quote:
To claim her success is only because of her husband is pretty sexist...[/QUOTE

Also pretty true which is exactly why she is the poor representation of someone breaking the glass ceiling .
I have to say, how they pull that one off and havent been put in jail yet is one incredible achievement .
It's because She's a Bond Villain...you said it yourself.
Old 07-22-2016, 05:24 PM   #12
scottw

[QUOTE=buckman;1104774]
Quote:

funny how "dedicating your life to public service" and starting a "charity" can make you 200 million.....huh?