Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » The Scuppers

The Scuppers This is a new forum for the not necessarily fishing related topics...

Old 07-15-2013, 11:00 PM   #61
WESTPORTMAFIA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fly Rod View Post
Exactly why we have the armed citizen....screwdriver aganist the gun....smart
Ok I'm an idiot. I hope someone shoots him in the face and then puts a screwdriver in his neck. Is that better. The kid is a bitch that got his azz kicked and couldn't fight back. Like I said the situation could have and should have been avoided and never came to what happened. He should have listened to the dispatcher END OF STORY
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
WESTPORTMAFIA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 04:53 AM   #62
Raven

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swimmer View Post
The killing of another when in fear for your life is very subjective. Different folks reach the point of no return at different times in a struggle. First thing the jurors had to ask themselves who had the right to belong there, Zimmerman or Martin. Regardless of whether or not the gun gave him more balls, (hell I know many cops who wouldn't have left the station without one, ands that probably why they wanted the job, to carry one) he had the gun because he volunteered for the neighborhood watch. You can rant about the dispatcher telling him not to follow the kid. The dispatcher has no lawfull authority over George Zimmerman or anyone else. Was it sound advice, more than likely though. When Zimmerman still followed the dispatcher should have reasoned with Zimmerman to at least follow from a distance. Zimmerman never made any racial statement on the cell phone call. The only racial bias I heard during the trial came from the Martin witnesses. What he did was lumped Martin in with other perps, real or not, that have caused problems in his condo development. Anyone of us might have come to the same judgement, but probably would have minded our business. The kid made a terrible seventeen year old mistake that he paid the ultimate price for. I would be willing to bet Martin showed no respect to Zimmerman, because he was a hispanic man. Hispanic people are the majority in Florida and have been for several years.

You have to remember, someone not physically fit(Zimmerman), a wuss, a female, an older person, they are going to pull that trigger much sooner than most. And the victim has the right to use a greater force against the perpetrator than is being used against them. Gun v.s. sidewalk, gun wins.
right on the money .... i'd say... well spoken
Raven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 06:01 AM   #63
jonserfish

Prosecutors sucked. Just like OJ. If Zimmerman was a high profile person like a Hernandez they would have built a much better case. The state appointed prosecutors get paid regardless of the outcome and IMO don,t have a reason to care. I'm sure they thought there was no way they could have lost based on the actual facts, not the ones admissable in a jurors room. watch how many cases like this will come up now, knowing you can hunt someone, kill them, and walk. Ifeel bad for the jurors having to let that POS free.
jonserfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 06:23 AM   #64
buckman

Quote:
Originally Posted by WESTPORTMAFIA View Post
That's exactly what happened. If he would have simply listened to the dispatcher this would have not have happened.That call was not BS. And if you think otherwise your crazy.
From the testimony that I read Zimmerman had started back . Unfortunatly we have to either believe his story or not. I suggest you listen to the whole 911 tape
buckman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 06:29 AM   #65
buckman

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonserfish View Post
Prosecutors sucked. Just like OJ. If Zimmerman was a high profile person like a Hernandez they would have built a much better case. The state appointed prosecutors get paid regardless of the outcome and IMO don,t have a reason to care. I'm sure they thought there was no way they could have lost based on the actual facts, not the ones admissable in a jurors room. watch how many cases like this will come up now, knowing you can hunt someone, kill them, and walk. Ifeel bad for the jurors having to let that POS free.
Not sure if you know this but Zimmerman was far from a racist and up until he had to pull the trigger was a strong advocate for all. Do some research. Try the new AP story about how he helped get the chief suspended for covering up an officers sons beating of a homeless black man. Happened just last year
Old 07-16-2013, 07:08 AM   #66
likwid
lobster = striper bait

Send a message via AIM to likwid
Quote:
Originally Posted by WESTPORTMAFIA View Post
Ok I'm an idiot. I hope someone shoots him in the face and then puts a screwdriver in his neck. Is that better. The kid is a bitch that got his azz kicked and couldn't fight back. Like I said the situation could have and should have been avoided and never came to what happened. He should have listened to the dispatcher END OF STORY
What fly rod is trying to say is a gun makes you into a superhero with amazing perception and can see trouble coming from a mile away. It also gives you eyes in the back of your head to know when someone is gonna walk up behind you and shank you.

Ski Quicks Hole
likwid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 08:26 AM   #67
Raven

this is for trayvon

is what is said

before you get your Beating
Old 07-16-2013, 08:39 AM   #68
RIJIMMY
sick of bluefish

yes, apparently Holder is looking to goign after Zim for a federal crime. Folks, the lesson to learn here is to turn your back, ignore your neighbors and dont look for ways to protect others. We live in a society that rewards selfish, turn away behavior.
I believe Zimmerman was 100% responsible for Martin's death. But I do not believe he was guilty of a crime. There was a fight, we dont know who started it, we only know the outcome.

making s-b.com a kinder, gentler place for all
RIJIMMY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 10:20 AM   #69
justplugit
Registered Grandpa

Talk about a slanted press. Our paper had a headline larger than I have ever seen,
Zimmerman Not Guilty including a story from AP along with a pic of Zimmerman smiling. During the whole trial, Zimmerman had a stone face, even when the verdict was read and afterwards. But somebody got a profile pic of him with a slight smile and they played it up big time.
The DOJ is pursuing the Fed charges even though it is reported the FBI has already investigated and come up with nothing.
Great way of "Never let a crisis go to waste", change the focus away from the unanswered Benghazi, IRS, Jobs, Obamacare debacle, Economy, etc.
They're good at it, if your blind.

" Choose Life "
justplugit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 10:53 AM   #70
likwid
lobster = striper bait

Quote:
Originally Posted by RIJIMMY View Post
Folks, the lesson to learn here is to turn your back, ignore your neighbors and dont look for ways to protect others. We live in a society that rewards selfish, turn away behavior.
If that's your take away, then you're just another media driven drone.

Ski Quicks Hole
Old 07-16-2013, 11:10 AM   #71
RIJIMMY
sick of bluefish

Quote:
Originally Posted by likwid View Post
If that's your take away, then you're just another media driven drone.
yeah because its obvious my opinion aligns with the media.

Old 07-16-2013, 11:33 AM   #72
buckman

Curious how many here have grabbed a bat and investigated a noise at their home? What would have happened if you actually had to confront someone ?
Me...
I caught someone in my garage office and held them at gun point until the police arrived. 2am on my little girls first night home.
Old 07-16-2013, 12:02 PM   #73
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckman View Post
Curious how many here have grabbed a bat and investigated a noise at their home? What would have happened if you actually had to confront someone ?
How many have ever grabbed a bat and investigated someone walking down their street doing nothing?

Thats more to the point than somebody in your house.

or better yet, what would people do if they were walking down the street minding their own business and someone started following them around, hiding in the bushes...are they the type that would run away and avoid confrontation? Or would they go up to the guy and say "WTF are you following me around for?"

Would They confront him? They could end up being shot if they do.

Tragic event, both of them could have and should have handled it differently. Then we wouldn't be having this conversation.

"If you're arguing with an idiot, make sure he isn't doing the same thing."
The Dad Fisherman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 12:23 PM   #74
buckman

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dad Fisherman View Post
How many have ever grabbed a bat and investigated someone walking down their street doing nothing?

Thats more to the point than somebody in your house.

or better yet, what would people do if they were walking down the street minding their own business and someone started following them around, hiding in the bushes...are they the type that would run away and avoid confrontation? Or would they go up to the guy and say "WTF are you following me around for?"

Would They confront him? They could end up being shot if they do.

Tragic event, both of them could have and should have handled it differently. Then we wouldn't be having this conversation.
Zimmerman wasn't randomly walking down the street .
I do agree with the last paragraph .
Old 07-16-2013, 12:31 PM   #75
Rockport24
President - S-B Chapter - Kelly Clarkson Fan Club

Quote:
Me...
I caught someone in my garage office and held them at gun point until the police arrived. 2am on my little girls first night home.
Unrelated I know, but this sounds like a good (but scary) story, would love to hear what happened...
Rockport24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 12:50 PM   #76
Raider Ronnie

Send a message via AIM to Raider Ronnie
Obama & the rest of the Liberals are loving this crap.
While we and the rest of the country are arguing over this trial few are paying attention to mess of a country they have made.
While the end of the trial was going on last week news quietly reported our national debt past 17 trillion.
Not many are talking about the cover up they did in Bengazi.
And anyone know what the current unemployment rate is, 10% ?
Raider Ronnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 01:03 PM   #77
buckman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockport24 View Post
Unrelated I know, but this sounds like a good (but scary) story, would love to hear what happened...
Ya know the old cheap phones that you used to hear if someone was dialing another phone in the house? Well the bedroom phone started to make dialing noise at 2 am so I went out to the office to see what's up. I heard steps running and then noticed the closet light on. I tapped on the closet door with the gun and told whoever it was to stay put. I then sat at my desk and called the police who came and took some guy, who I later found out was from Florida , away. I told the dispatcher I would be at the desk and armed so I wouldn't end up a victim
Old 07-16-2013, 01:50 PM   #78
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raider Ronnie View Post
And anyone know what the current unemployment rate is, 10% ?
7.6%

Old 07-16-2013, 02:17 PM   #79
Rockport24

Quote:
Ya know the old cheap phones that you used to hear if someone was dialing another phone in the house? Well the bedroom phone started to make dialing noise at 2 am so I went out to the office to see what's up. I heard steps running and then noticed the closet light on. I tapped on the closet door with the gun and told whoever it was to stay put. I then sat at my desk and called the police who came and took some guy, who I later found out was from Florida , away. I told the dispatcher I would be at the desk and armed so I wouldn't end up a victim

That's great! So this jerk decides to break into your house and make a phone call? yikes... sounds like it was handled well by you though..
Old 07-16-2013, 02:18 PM   #80
Rockport24

Quote:
7.6%
which is usually understated because it doesn't account for underemployed or those who have stopped looking (yeah I got an A- in Econ!)

My biggest gripe on the economy has always been home values, but those are actually doing much better, so I'm not as pissed at Obama anymore
Old 07-16-2013, 02:39 PM   #81
Raider Ronnie

You actually believe that number :-)
Bet you believe the national debt is only 17 trillion also.
I think a better gauge is how much is the public handout numbers up from last quarter ? Being welfare, Dissability, ect.....

Quote:
7.6%

LETS GO BRANDON
Old 07-16-2013, 03:30 PM   #82
Fly Rod

Both had cell phones...one calls cops....the other elects to call his girlfriend....if one feels threatened why not call cops....if the other had called the cops may be alive today.
Fly Rod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 03:47 PM   #83
RIJIMMY
sick of bluefish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fly Rod View Post
Both had cell phones...one calls cops....the other elects to call his girlfriend....if one feels threatened why not call cops....if the other had called the cops may be alive today.
Zimmermans call to the police will be one of the main factors in pursuing Fed charges. It proves his intent was to stop a potential crime, not kill a person.

Old 07-16-2013, 04:48 PM   #84
RIROCKHOUND
Also known as OAK

Quote:
Zimmermans call to the police will be one of the main factors in pursuing Fed charges. It proves his intent was to stop a potential crime, not kill a person.
The crime of walking down the street?

Bryan

Originally Posted by #^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&
"For once I agree with Spence. UGH. I just hope I don't get the urge to go start buying armani suits to wear in my shop"
RIROCKHOUND is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 04:50 PM   #85
Raider Ronnie

Was just listening to Howie Carr on my drive home.
He stated there was a reported 400+ calls about crimes or suspicion of some kind of crime to the police in that "Gated community" last year.
Anyone want to fact check this ???

LETS GO BRANDON
Old 07-16-2013, 05:04 PM   #86
RIJIMMY
sick of bluefish

Quote:
Originally Posted by RIROCKHOUND View Post
Come on Bry, there were break ins in the area. His head would have to be up his arse to not be suspicious of an unknown kid walking down the street. Around Christmas time we had some clowns in our neighborhood stealing packages, we have an email chain and all my neighbors were aware. Every single unknown car that was in the area was questioned and the whole neighborhood rallied, we caught the bastards. I guess we shouldnt have profiled suspicious cars?

Old 07-16-2013, 05:22 PM   #87
Swimmer
Retired Surfer

Even Alan Dershowitz was quoted as saying the only person whose rights were violated was Zimmermans, Alan Dershowitz, Mr. AcLU attorney..
Swimmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 08:01 PM   #88
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raider Ronnie View Post
You actually believe that number :-)
Bet you believe the national debt is only 17 trillion also.
I think a better gauge is how much is the public handout numbers up from last quarter ? Being welfare, Dissability, ect.....

You asked for the number, I gave you the number....not my fault you don't like the number.

Old 07-17-2013, 04:10 AM   #89
Raven

Quote:
Originally Posted by RIROCKHOUND View Post
she's committing a crime just walking down the street..............

all depends if he had a burglary tool on his person....
apparently not

or he would've used it as a weapon of self defense

Last edited by Raven; 07-17-2013 at 04:23 AM..
Old 07-17-2013, 06:32 AM   #90
likwid
lobster = striper bait

Quote:
Come on Bry, there were break ins in the area. His head would have to be up his arse to not be suspicious of an unknown kid walking down the street. Around Christmas time we had some clowns in our neighborhood stealing packages, we have an email chain and all my neighbors were aware. Every single unknown car that was in the area was questioned and the whole neighborhood rallied, we caught the bastards. I guess we shouldnt have profiled suspicious cars?
And if he wasn't calling the cops every 5 minutes for his left neighbor's dog pissing on the lawn of his right neighbor then maybe they would have taken him seriously and posted patrols.

Ski Quicks Hole