Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 08-01-2008, 08:53 PM   #31
Nebe

If it ever does become legal, I will give a 30% discount to all SB.com members on some of the sickest bongs you will ever see in your life
Old 08-01-2008, 09:58 PM   #32
Raven

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfessorM View Post
Start investing in cheetos and dorritos now
buy the S-B Brand chip

has a coupon inside

for m&D's

Old 08-02-2008, 07:50 PM   #33
zacs
D'oh

wow, something we all agree on. this doesn't happen too often....

i bent my wookie
Old 08-03-2008, 08:24 AM   #34
Goose

Thumbs down

Another example of Hedonism that is slowly bringing down society. History has shown that when we live in this "if it feels good do it" attitude ,,,it has produced men and women that are lazy, lustful and gluttonous. It demises. Everyone agrees that healthy families are the foundation to all cultures,,no brain er right? So how will legalizing weed attributed to a better society, it doesn't. It will only blind side us like other things the government has done that puts money in front of people. And when parents look at there kids and ask what went wrong don't forget to look in the mirror.

700% increase in prescription drugs.???? blame doctors - blame government - blame insurance companies - just blame. Looking at old footage from an amusement park of hundreds of people there wasn't one obese person in that tape. Today?? Family members have so many personnel issues that instead of them supporting each other they can't... so no chit there are false/temporary fixes to fill in the void before they go to drugs and counseling. IMO people will listen for about 1/2 hour then your on your own...go find something to keep you happy.
Old 08-03-2008, 09:21 AM   #35
Clammer

RITZ CRACKERS & ICE CREAM >>>

ENJOY WHAT YOU HAVE !!!

MIKE
Old 08-03-2008, 09:38 AM   #36
Flaptail

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clammer View Post
RITZ CRACKERS & ICE CREAM >>>

Mikey, you would definetly have to be stoned to think that Ritz crackers and Ice Cream go well together.

Why even try.........
Old 08-03-2008, 12:19 PM   #37
Raven

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goose View Post
Another example of Hedonism that is slowly bringing down society. History has shown that when we live in this "if it feels good do it" attitude ,,,it has produced men and women that are lazy, lustful and gluttonous. It demises. Everyone agrees that healthy families are the foundation to all cultures,,no brain er right? So how will legalizing weed attributed to a better society, it doesn't. It will only blind side us like other things the government has done that puts money in front of people. And when parents look at there kids and ask what went wrong don't forget to look in the mirror.

700% increase in prescription drugs.???? blame doctors - blame government - blame insurance companies - just blame. Looking at old footage from an amusement park of hundreds of people there wasn't one obese person in that tape. Today?? Family members have so many personnel issues that instead of them supporting each other they can't... so no chit there are false/temporary fixes to fill in the void before they go to drugs and counseling. IMO people will listen for about 1/2 hour then your on your own...go find something to keep you happy.
No Goose!
700% increase in prescription drug deaths from 2002 -2004

qoute:
A recent analysis of U.S. death certificates from the last two decades shows a sharp increase in accidental deaths due to at-home prescription drug use. According to the Associated Press, researchers “blame soaring home use of prescription painkillers and other potent drugs, which 25 years ago were given mainly inside hospitals.” The study found that “Deaths from medication mistakes at home increased from 1,132 deaths in 1983 to 12,426 in 2004. Adjusted for population growth, that amounts to an increase of more than 700 percent during that time.”
~
rav-
the legalization of a single drug... not every single one which is a Regan era tactic... You try to discuss just POT and instantly the conversation switches over to Cocaine and or heroin and others..
speed ...whatever just to take you off topic and lump them all together for the purpose of COMPLETELY avoiding the issue.
======================================
(it's comparable to saying we should legalize BEER ...then also saying: well then people are gonna be chugging a quart of jack daniels and doin Shots and watching girls strip off their clothes at a strip club.) the subject of beer legalization being swept away by
issues of morality and the abuse of hard liquor..... (it's a game)
a ploy , a tactic to avoid the issue every time....
=========================================
legalization is what takes the profitability out of it...weed just weed.
making it less apt to be smuggled or distributed.
--------------
I watched the drug movie last night and it was comical watching
Tricky #^&#^&#^&#^& Nixon ,"Ronald Regan and wife" and Bill Clinton all
claiming to have turned the war on drugs around with their new proposals for tougher laws and prosecuting drug offenders.

it hasn't worked after spending over a trillion dollars !!!!

it's the wrong approach...all it did was make it more profitable and desirable and in effect they caused the drug problem by making it profitable at ten times to twenty times it's true value.
Old 08-03-2008, 05:51 PM   #38
Hooper
Southsider

I can tell you this, in my line of work I have seen the hell that the abuse of "legal" drugs have wreaked on people. It is a crime that these perscription drug companies turn this stuff out on a population and it destroys lives and families. Oxycontin is worse than herion, but, "my doctor gave it to me, it must be ok." I've seen that little pill can turn a hard working productive human being into a maniac. I haven't seen pot do that, and I have seen Budweiser do it.

I'd rather deal with someone on a bit of weed than a 12 pack of Bud anyday.
Old 08-03-2008, 06:12 PM   #39
wheresmy50

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hooper View Post
I can tell you this, in my line of work I have seen the hell that the abuse of "legal" drugs have wreaked on people. It is a crime that these perscription drug companies turn this stuff out on a population and it destroys lives and families. Oxycontin is worse than herion, but, "my doctor gave it to me, it must be ok." I've seen that little pill can turn a hard working productive human being into a maniac. I haven't seen pot do that, and I have seen Budweiser do it.

I'd rather deal with someone on a bit of weed than a 12 pack of Bud anyday.

Well, unless you have terminal cancer, crippling back pain, etc. and the only reason you can now sleep through the night or go through life without blowing your brains out is extended release narcotic painkillers (i.e. Oxycontin). There are two sides to the OC story. Admittedly, the other side is that drug addicts like to crush them up to get the 12 hr dose all at once, and doctors can be criminals like anyone else.

Anyway, I don't see a reason for pot to be illegal either. Make it illegal to drive high and for kids - that's all that's needed.

There's no constitutional basis for the government to be able to legislate what people put into their own bodies.
Old 08-03-2008, 06:25 PM   #40
Clammer

Steve ;;

then I musta been high ><. F#$%^&*() ran out of crackers ;;;;

Now I,m waking up in the morning && the f #$%^&*( bed is full of F #$%^&*( popicicle stick ????

ENJOY WHAT YOU HAVE !!!

MIKE
Old 08-04-2008, 12:44 PM   #41
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by NIB View Post
How the hell else do u get George Bush for 2 tours..
Drugs....

"If you're arguing with an idiot, make sure he isn't doing the same thing."
Old 08-04-2008, 03:37 PM   #42
Raven

Talking lol

how do you get Bush for two tours, asks NIB

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dad Fisherman View Post
Drugs....
Old 08-04-2008, 03:46 PM   #43
RIJIMMY
sick of bluefish

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dad Fisherman View Post
But even that Worst Case scenario just means they'll find you asleep on the Couch in your underwear with Bright Orange Finger Tips hugging a half empty 2 liter bottle of Coke.
you have the best replies to most threads out here!

I say legalize it, its not worse that booze. I cant say it has no downside, I have seen a lot of friends waste there lives away in front of the tube doing bong hits all day. But I guess I have seen worse with alcohol.

making s-b.com a kinder, gentler place for all
Old 08-04-2008, 06:08 PM   #44
likwid
lobster = striper bait

Send a message via AIM to likwid
Quote:
Originally Posted by protty31 View Post
I definately say make it legal.The problem is that it can be
very dangerous if the quality is too high (pun intended) for
someone who doesn't smoke often.There is stuff out there
that will knock even the most experienced on thier arse
Zero evidence that pot is dangerous, no matter the strain.

But I suppose if falling over passed out is dangerous, then you're right.

Ski Quicks Hole
Old 08-04-2008, 06:27 PM   #45
Raven

Arrow agreed likwid

Quote:
Originally Posted by likwid View Post
Zero evidence that pot is dangerous, no matter the strain.

actually inhaling smoke (of any kind) which is a form of dust and not much different then real fine sawdust, can clog the lungs.... which is an obvious conclusion... and no offense meant

but on the other hand the new method of zero smoke vaporizer's
solves that problem....not that i have ever tried one...

what most people don't realize however is that the compound in cannabis called "canabinoids" is also produced by the human body
for the purpose of pain relief, which is sorta why it's as harmless
as it is physically.
Old 08-06-2008, 05:17 PM   #46
Raven

Cool OxyContin bust nets 56 Miami-Dade government employees

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nebe View Post
Im all for it.

alcohol is far more destructive than herb..
LEGAL drugs are more destructive than alcohol
yet they are all LEGAL ....

alcohol is killing people every single day

yet herb is illegal

http://www.cnn.com/2008/CRIME/08/06/...ing/index.html
Old 08-06-2008, 11:17 PM   #47
Nebe

I heard a story once that when Dupont invented nylon, they lobbied DC hard to make pot illegal and funded 'reefer madness'.. the movie that painted the picture of herb as an evil drug.

the reason?? Nylon was perfect for making rope.. Hemp rope was the most popular and cheapest rope at the time and Nylon could not compete...
or so the story goes.
Old 08-07-2008, 01:02 AM   #48
Skitterpop

Exclamation

I could use some right now.

Good health and family
Old 08-07-2008, 04:27 AM   #49
UserRemoved1
Permanently Disconnected

Got any?

Quote:
Originally Posted by protty31 View Post
There is stuff out there
that will knock even the most experienced on thier arse
Old 08-07-2008, 05:04 AM   #50
Raven

hemp..... alone could solve the ENERGY crisis....

it isn't even the variety of Cannabis Sativa that produces
cannabinol in sufficient amounts to obtain a "high"

even though it was reported that in the old days
Sailors were known to burn ends of the rope.

the quality of the OIL contained within the seed
however is perfect for making biofuel or a diesel
substitute and AMERICAN farmers would have a crop
to grow "to achieve energy independence overnight"

but the politicians can't seem to pull their collective
heads out of the sand or their ASS to see that.

not to mention that hemp fiber could completely
transform the clothing industry and has countless other
material applications...

BIG oil doesn't want hemp to be re-instated as a
viable resource.....because where as corn can supplement
their petroleum products...in the form of ethanol

the legalization of hemp
could essentially put them out of business.

keep on makin 1500 bucks per second you bastards
Old 08-07-2008, 07:16 AM   #51
likwid
lobster = striper bait

Send a message via AIM to likwid
Hemp has nothing to do with marijuana.

http://naihc.org/hemp_information/content/hemp.mj.html

Ski Quicks Hole
Old 08-07-2008, 08:18 AM   #52
Raven

Arrow

reading that page

the main thing to note is
Instead the DEA, unlike its predecessor, the Bureau of Narcotics, is aggressively trying to persuade
Americans that hemp and marijuana are identical plants. We can speculate about the reasons.
The results are widespread confusion and the inability of America's farmers and manufacturers to take
part in the worldwide resurgence of hemp cultivation and use.

Blame the REGAN's and or big oil companies lobbyists

also there is no mention anywhere that i saw, anything that would suggest that hemp seed
would be a good source of bio fuel... it was purely a distinction of
hemp has no THC
and cannabis sativa does...

Old 08-07-2008, 11:59 AM   #53
Swimmer
Retired Surfer

For all intent and purpose marijuana has been decriminalized. At the most in court an offender gets a $50.00 or a $100.00 fine and it is dismissed. The only thing left to do to make it completely decriminalized is to put to form a citation that can be issued for mere possesion.

You know, all of the pro-pot sentiment here is just fine. Buy not everyone stays homes and eats twinkies and chips when high. Some people can't seems to stay out of the driver's seat and thats is what worries most people who don't smoke. There is no scientific way to determine what amount of marijuana use places someone who is actively smoking it while driving "under the influance." Any marijuana usage places the smoker "under the influance." And there is somewhat of an oxymoron involved here, which is, to smoke pot is to get high. So you get high before you get in the car and then travel say to a movie theatre or eatery to have dinner or watch a movie, or just go to and from the 7-11 to buy 12 bags of doritos. I don't know how that is any safer than drinking alcohol and driving. What is the difference?

Smoking marijuana isn't any different than smoking cigarettes. They both are carcinogens and cause cancer.

Swimmer a.k.a. YO YO MA
Serial Mailbox Killer/Seal Fisherman
Old 08-07-2008, 12:16 PM   #54
Joe

If you pull over a person with a bag of pot, don't they get arrested, get their name in the paper, and get their car towed?

Old 08-07-2008, 12:19 PM   #55
Flaptail

Smile

The smoking part is the bad thing about it. Any type of smoking is bad for you.

But, did you know, that by town ordinance in Provincetown ( of course) it's legal to possess an oz. or less? Course the state laws supersede it.

Why even try.........
Old 08-07-2008, 12:23 PM   #56
Joe

I heard they enacted that law because people there enjoyed a body cavity search.

Old 08-07-2008, 12:36 PM   #57
zacs
D'oh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swimmer View Post
You know, all of the pro-pot sentiment here is just fine. Buy not everyone stays homes and eats twinkies and chips when high. Some people can't seems to stay out of the driver's seat and thats is what worries most people who don't smoke. There is no scientific way to determine what amount of marijuana use places someone who is actively smoking it while driving "under the influance." Any marijuana usage places the smoker "under the influance." And there is somewhat of an oxymoron involved here, which is, to smoke pot is to get high. So you get high before you get in the car and then travel say to a movie theatre or eatery to have dinner or watch a movie, or just go to and from the 7-11 to buy 12 bags of doritos. I don't know how that is any safer than drinking alcohol and driving. What is the difference?

Smoking marijuana isn't any different than smoking cigarettes. They both are carcinogens and cause cancer.
nobody is saying to legalize stoned driving. you can have legal pot and still have dui laws. just like we have leagal booze and dui laws.

Quote:
The only thing left to do to make it completely decriminalized is to put to form a citation that can be issued for mere possesion.
that would not make it completely decriminalized. no, the only thing left to do is to legalize it, tax it, and sell it in stores to people over 21.

i bent my wookie
Old 08-07-2008, 01:15 PM   #58
Raven

Arrow

Quote:

YES, THERE IS A LARGE DIFFERENCE
nicotinic acid is the only bug pesticide that will kill
the cotton destroying big bo weval lol Hi big bo

that being that cigarettes contain Nicotine and about
90 other chemicals used to make tobacco taste better,
smoke smoother.... and all that baloney

where as weed has NO nicotine ...in it...
it does contain tar...
the only plant containing nicotine is tobacco period

i won't argue about the fact that
smoking is bad for human lungs
because after all as i have said previously
what is smoke...? but super fine dust...
dust clogs lung tissue... no question about it.
Old 08-07-2008, 01:21 PM   #59
buckman

It will be great when it's legal for the firefighter, EMT, truck driver or anyone else to get stoned the morning before showing up for work and it's all legal. It's going to be great when your kid is smoking pot on the deck all the time and it's all legal. I see the brilliant group that shows up for the legalize pot rallies now. Ya' it's going to be a much better America once we can all get high. I can hardly wait to hire some pot heads. Production should go through the roof.
Old 08-07-2008, 01:47 PM   #60
zacs
D'oh

where are you living? everybody that wants to get stoned is already getting stoned.

and i'm not sure how legalizing pot would make it legal for emt, truck driver, etc.. to go to work stoned.

i bent my wookie