Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 09-26-2019, 09:11 AM   #31
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
which you’ve said how many times before, which turned out to be zip?
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Not zip

Rep. Will Hurd
@HurdOnTheHill
There is a lot in the whistleblower complaint that is concerning. We need to fully investigate all of the allegations addressed in the letter, and the first step is to talk to the whistleblower.
9:18 AM · Sep 26, 2019

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Lets Go Darwin
Old 09-26-2019, 09:16 AM   #32
spence

Quote:
so doing an investigation when there’s obvious evidence of Biden nepotism, is nothing more than getting dirt.
There is no obvious evidence, in fact there is no evidence.
Old 09-26-2019, 09:18 AM   #33
Pete F.
Canceled

And if you are watching Maguire's testimony, the security agent behind Maguire comes from the CIA’s protection division.

Fun fact: They have unique, limited federal authority—cannot arrest you, but can kill you.

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Lets Go Darwin
Old 09-26-2019, 09:25 AM   #34
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
Not zip

Rep. Will Hurd
@HurdOnTheHill
There is a lot in the whistleblower complaint that is concerning. We need to fully investigate all of the allegations addressed in the letter, and the first step is to talk to the whistleblower.
9:18 AM · Sep 26, 2019
i agree it’s concerning. the remedy is the next election, not undoing the last one.
Old 09-26-2019, 09:26 AM   #35
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
not when you refuse to look at it.
Old 09-26-2019, 09:36 AM   #36
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
i agree it’s concerning. the remedy is the next election, not undoing the last one.
The idea that we should "let the voters decide" on Trump in 2020 is nonsense.

The public doesn't vote on whether people have committed crimes against the nation.

Though this presidency does look like a reality show it isn't an episode of "America's Got Treason".

Lets Go Darwin
Old 09-26-2019, 09:52 AM   #37
scottw

Peto’s post are a crime
Old 09-26-2019, 10:09 AM   #38
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

I guess I’m confused, don’t people rush to cover up something when they realize criminal behavior had taken place? Allowing criminal behavior to get a pass, suggesting we should let the 2020 election resolve it sets a very dangerous standard of conduct we will allow our elected officials to behave in.
Old 09-26-2019, 10:34 AM   #39
scottw

Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
it's pretty obvious...
Old 09-26-2019, 10:36 AM   #40
scottw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Got Stripers View Post

I guess I’m confused

also obvious
Old 09-26-2019, 10:49 AM   #41
detbuch

Quote:
And if you are watching Maguire's testimony, the security agent behind Maguire comes from the CIA’s protection division.

Fun fact: They have unique, limited federal authority—cannot arrest you, but can kill you.
Isn't Maguire the guy you falsely said threatened to quit? After he gets slandered by you and Schiff and the Dems, he may well need protection.
Old 09-26-2019, 10:51 AM   #42
scottw

Biden Inc...

Presidential candidate Joe Biden’s brother used the former vice president’s cancer initiative to drum up investment in his business, Politico reported Thursday.

In November 2018, James Biden told executives at Florida-based company Integrate Oral Care that the Biden Cancer Initiative would promote an oral rinse used by cancer patients and produced by Integrate, according to Michael Frey, the CEO of Diverse Medical Management, a health care firm that is currently suing James Biden.

Frey said that James Biden “said his brother would be very excited about this product.”

David Fuscus, a spokesman for James Biden, denied Frey’s allegations. “These charges stem from a frivolous lawsuit and are pure fantasy,” said Fuscus, continuing, “We are not surprised that such baseless accusations have emerged during the Democratic primaries.”

This is not the first accusation that members of Joe Biden’s family have been accused of using their connections to the former vice president to promote their business interests.

In August 2019 it was reported that both Diverse Medical Management and Azzam Medical Services had sued James Biden, alleging the former vice president’s younger brother had offered to partner with them in a scheme designed to steal the companies’ business models and intellectual property.
Old 09-26-2019, 11:00 AM   #43
detbuch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nebe View Post
It is impeachable to ask a foreign government to interfere in an election. Which is what happened.
So, if China agreed with a Trump trade deal that actually stopped its stealing of secrets and balanced trade with the US (which would greatly enhance Trump's chances of winning the next election), would he have asked China to interfere with the election?
Old 09-26-2019, 11:10 AM   #44
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by detbuch View Post
So, if China agreed with a Trump trade deal that actually stopped its stealing of secrets and balanced trade with the US (which would greatly enhance Trump's chances of winning the next election), would he have asked China to interfere with the election?
exactly. using their logic, that would be an impeachable offense. i guess a potus can only ask for a favor if it will hurt him politically, or maybe during his second term when he can’t run again.

when FDR asked england to help
us on D-day, that was an impeachable offense. because it helped him politically.
Old 09-26-2019, 11:13 AM   #45
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
Would the Stable Genius lock that up in a special safe place.
Would WH staff be talking to WH legal staff about it and Trump’s involvement.
Would anyone blow a whistle about it

I think neither Trump or you can spin the whistleblowers report

Lets Go Darwin
Old 09-26-2019, 11:16 AM   #46
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
exactly. using their logic, that would be an impeachable offense. i guess a potus can only ask for a favor if it will hurt him politically, or maybe during his second term when he can’t run again.

when FDR asked england to help
us on D-day, that was an impeachable offense. because it helped him politically.
So you think
What IF in 1940
FDR called Churchill
& in response to UK’s request for weapons said, “We’ve always been good to your country, but I would like to ask a favor... open an investigation on Wendell Wilkie”???

Lets Go Darwin
Old 09-26-2019, 11:18 AM   #47
Jim in CT

Quote:

but yesterday, before anyone was aware of any attempted coverup, liberals were saying that the impeachable offense was asking a foreign power for a favor that would help him politically.

just for a moment, let’s put any cover up stories aside...

is it, or is it not, an impeachable
offense for a president to ask a foreign leader for a favor which would benefit the president politically?

hard to keep up with the moving goalposts. first there was a quid pro quo, then when that was disproved the offense was the political benefit, now the offense is burying records?
Old 09-26-2019, 11:23 AM   #48
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
but yesterday, before anyone was aware of any attempted coverup, liberals were saying that the impeachable offense was asking a foreign power for a favor that would help him politically.

just for a moment, let’s put any cover up stories aside...

is it, or is it not, an impeachable
offense for a president to ask a foreign leader for a favor which would benefit the president politically?

hard to keep up with the moving goalposts. first there was a quid pro quo, then when that was disproved the offense was the political benefit, now the offense is burying records?
Impeachable offense doesn’t change
The Stable Genius took an oath to uphold the Constitution
He used aid to attempt to get a political advantage for himself
Game over

Lets Go Darwin
Old 09-26-2019, 11:24 AM   #49
Pete F.
Canceled

Did you read the whistleblowers report?
Old 09-26-2019, 11:25 AM   #50
Pete F.
Canceled

DNI just said that the most urgent threat America faces is not a military strike from a foreign nation but an attempt to undermine the integrity of our election system. Let that sink in.
Old 09-26-2019, 11:32 AM   #51
detbuch

Quote:

I was responding to Nebe's post. I thought the yardstick was interfering with an election.

As for the whistleblower stuff, Maguire pointed out good legal stuff that cast a lack of credibility or legal pertinence re it. As well, the whistleblower transcript didn't jive with the phone transcript.
Old 09-26-2019, 11:37 AM   #52
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
I was responding to Nebe's post. I thought the yardstick was interfering with an election.

As for the whistleblower stuff, Maguire pointed out good legal stuff that cast a lack of credibility or legal pertinence re it. As well, the whistleblower transcript didn't jive with the phone transcript.
This is like the watergate break-in using a foreign government through the enticement of military arms sales. Trump managed to combine two of the biggest scandals in presidential history: Iran-contra-watergate.
Just keep spinning

Lets Go Darwin
Old 09-26-2019, 11:39 AM   #53
detbuch

Quote:
DNI just said that the most urgent threat America faces is not a military strike from a foreign nation but an attempt to undermine the integrity of our election system. Let that sink in.
Yes, let that sink in. The fake Russia collusion fiasco was a prime example of attempting to undermine that integrity. It appears, as well, that this whistleblower thing is another attempt. As well was Biden's corrupt extortion of Ukraine a collateral besmirch and belittling of our election system.

As well, all the piling on mischaracterization of Trump being a Nazi, misogynist, racist, homophobe, genderphobe, blah--blah, is a huge attempt to undermine the integrity of our election system.
Old 09-26-2019, 11:41 AM   #54
detbuch

Quote:
This is like the watergate break-in using a foreign government through the enticement of military arms sales. Trump managed to combine two of the biggest scandals in presidential history: Iran-contra-watergate.
Just keep spinning
What was my spin, exactly? And your spin in this post is blatant.
Old 09-26-2019, 11:42 AM   #55
spence

Quote:
not when you refuse to look at it.
Can't look at what's not there. Trump and Rudy spouting conspiracy theories isn't evidence.
Old 09-26-2019, 11:46 AM   #56
detbuch

Quote:
Impeachable offense doesn’t change
The Stable Genius took an oath to uphold the Constitution
He used aid to attempt to get a political advantage for himself
Game over
This is gibberish. Your constant spinning has made you dizzy.
Old 09-26-2019, 11:52 AM   #57
scottw

Quote:

Trump managed to combine two of the biggest scandals in presidential history:

this is the biggest scandal in Presidential history
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	obama_bike1.jpg
Views:	362
Size:	34.3 KB
ID:	66525  
Old 09-26-2019, 12:58 PM   #58
Pete F.
Canceled

Trump tweeted today

A whistleblower with second hand information? Another Fake News Story! See what was said on the very nice, no pressure, call. Another Witch Hunt!

Odd that the whistleblower got the details close without seeing the memo, it would be close to impossible to make them up months ago and have them match a document released today and be FAKE
Old 09-26-2019, 01:20 PM   #59
Jim in CT

Quote:
So you think
What IF in 1940
FDR called Churchill
& in response to UK’s request for weapons said, “We’ve always been good to your country, but I would like to ask a favor... open an investigation on Wendell Wilkie”???
if biden didn’t want the attention, he could have easily avoided what is at a minimum, a glaring appearance of
impropriety.

again, why was it ok for democrats in the us senate to ask ukraine to investigate Trump?
Old 09-26-2019, 01:25 PM   #60
spence

Quote:
again, why was it ok for democrats in the us senate to ask ukraine to investigate Trump?
Jim, it was because Ukraine wasn't cooperating with the Mueller investigation, it was about Manafort not Trump and it was made right out in public.

You're having that fruit problem again.