Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 06-04-2020, 05:08 PM   #1
wdmso

James Mattis Denounces President Trump

James Mattis Denounces President Trump, Describes Him as a Threat to the Constitution
Since he was once loved by Trump and his faithful is he now

angry or suffering TDS ?

Over at white bart he is now a traitor .. go figure
Old 06-04-2020, 07:28 PM   #2
Sea Dangles

Enjoy the fishing Wayne.
Or go protest/ loot

PRO CHOICE REPUBLICAN
Old 06-04-2020, 08:08 PM   #3
wdmso

Trump Waives Environmental Reviews, Citing Pandemic Economic Emergency

Trump is directing federal agencies to bypass requirements of some of the country's most significant environmental laws.

can't fish in dirty water
Old 06-04-2020, 10:43 PM   #4
Sea Dangles

Confusing....beautiful day out there
No fog����

PRO CHOICE REPUBLICAN
Old 06-05-2020, 04:01 AM   #5
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
Trump Waives Environmental Reviews, Citing Pandemic Economic Emergency

Trump is directing federal agencies to bypass requirements of some of the country's most significant environmental laws.

can't fish in dirty water
Trump cares only about today, his image today, he couldn’t care less what happens to the environment after he is gone, as long as he can help his corporate buddies To secure their votes.
Old 06-05-2020, 06:29 AM   #6
Sea Dangles

Slow day for fluke

PRO CHOICE REPUBLICAN
Old 06-05-2020, 08:37 AM   #7
JohnR
Certifiable Intertidal Anguiologist

Mattis is right, Trump is a loser and divider. Not sure if he is more narcissistic than Obama but it is a tight race.

A real shame the Dems could not run a real moderate than can still put on pants without assistance.

~Fix the Bait~ ~Pogies Forever~

Striped Bass Fishing - All Stripers

Kobayashi Maru Election - there is no way to win.

Apocalypse is Coming:
Old 06-05-2020, 12:08 PM   #8
spence

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnR View Post
Mattis is right, Trump is a loser and divider. Not sure if he is more narcissistic than Obama but it is a tight race.
Obama isn't a narcissist, don't know why anyone would think that.

Looks like John Kelly is jumping on the pile.
Old 06-05-2020, 12:38 PM   #9
JohnR
Certifiable Intertidal Anguiologist

Hahahahaha

~Fix the Bait~ ~Pogies Forever~

Striped Bass Fishing - All Stripers

Kobayashi Maru Election - there is no way to win.

Apocalypse is Coming:
Old 06-05-2020, 12:47 PM   #10
spence

Quote:
Hahahahaha
I'm serious.
Old 06-05-2020, 01:02 PM   #11
zimmy

Quote:
Not sure if he is more narcissistic than Obama but it is a tight race.
That is remarkable. No wonder we are where we are today.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

No, no, no. we’re 30… 30, three zero.
Old 06-05-2020, 08:52 PM   #12
detbuch

Hear what Brian Dean Wright, a center left Democrat, has to say:

Old 06-05-2020, 09:50 PM   #13
Pete F.
Canceled

"Donald Trump is the first president in my lifetime who does not try to unite the American people—does not even pretend to try. Instead, he tries to divide us." —General James Mattis

Tweety has still not taken questions from WH reporters since protesters were gassed and beaten at Lafayette Park Monday.

So we remain governed by a soulless man with a broken mind. The damage will continue, and it won’t stop until voters end it.

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Lets Go Darwin
Old 06-05-2020, 10:29 PM   #14
detbuch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
"Donald Trump is the first president in my lifetime who does not try to unite the American people—does not even pretend to try. Instead, he tries to divide us." —General James Mattis

Because I respect Mattis, as a general, I'm not going to say he lied. But what he said is not true. Trump has, many times, said things that were meant to unite us.

Tweety has still not taken questions from WH reporters since protesters were gassed and beaten at Lafayette Park Monday.

Are you now changing your claim from tear gassed to "gassed"? Which ones were "beaten" and if they exist, did they do something to provoke the "beating"? Or did they all just quietly and peacefully refuse a lawful request to move to another location?

So we remain governed by a soulless man with a broken mind. The damage will continue, and it won’t stop until voters end it.
So you remain a bitter man who has not displayed a soul other than irrational, relentless, hate when speaking of trump, the man who seems to have broken your mind.
Old 06-06-2020, 06:30 AM   #15
scottw

ouchy....

"Jim:

I slept on your statement and woke up appalled and upset. You lost me. Never dreamed you would let a bunch of hack politicians use your good name and reputation – earned with the blood and guts of young Marines.

You did what you said you would – engage in this discourse. Marines keep their word.

The phony protesters near Lafayette park were not peaceful and are not real. They are terrorists using idle hate-filled students to burn and destroy. They were abusing and disrespecting the police when the police were preparing the area for the 1900 curfew. Jim, this is the new nihilism. See Dan Henninger in WSJ today.

Marines support the police in harm’s way.

Did you forget that President Bush used active duty Marines to quell the riots in LA? President Trump has countless cities and some snowflake governors and mayors wetting themselves in the use of force to protect innocent lives and property. The AG of Massachusetts thinks burning property is good protest. Three more policemen were stabbed and shot in NYC last night.

Think about it. Should he be upset about the obvious failure of leadership? Where are you Jim?

Marines go to the fight.

No one divided this country more than Obama. He abandoned our black brothers and sisters. He gave guns to the cartels. He apologized for our precious sacrifice and generosity overseas. You remember, he fired you.

President Trump has done more to help our minority brothers and sisters in three years than anyone in the last fifty. Ask the black pastors. Ask the leaders of the black colleges and universities. He got them funded. Ask them about the prison reform which ended the draconian sentences imposed on young black men by the laws enacted by Biden and his hacks. You need to bone up on your homework and stop listening to Uncle Leon.

I understand, you had to stick to the assigned narrative which did not include three years of corrupt investigations and evidence to destroy the President, his office, and his lawful free election. Nancy has no tolerance for dissent in the ranks – including those with stars.

You said nothing of the ugly, hate filled, disgraceful comments of Pelosi, Schumer, Perez and other Democrat hacks defaming the President and his office. You said nothing of the unlawful sanctuary cities and the unlawful release of hoodlums. You said nothing of the resistance movement to paralyze our courts and our government operations. You said nothing of the obstruction and subversion of our immigration laws. You said nothing of MS-13 killers and the drug cartels who own huge sections of our major cities. Jim, do you thin that hateful rhetoric and those corrupt actions were inspiring and unifying? Do you think the DI’s at Parris Island would find such behavior as unifying?

Maybe, your problem, is a lot deeper. Perhaps you ought to explain how and why you (and John Allen), as CG Central Command, did not engage and take out Iranian Major General Soleimani who roamed the Middle East and wreaked havoc and death of our American boys with his infamous IEDs?

Why did it take President Trump to have the instincts and balls to take him out (of course over the objection of the geniuses in the Pentagon)?

Looks like the Persian mullahs were a one horse sleigh and Trump nailed the horse . . . forever. It has been quiet ever since. Perhaps, your anger is borne of embarrassment for your own failure as the leader of Central Command. Did you applaud when the President recognized the central problem in the middle east? Did you applaud the President when he wanted to save American lives by bringing them home in one piece?

John M Dowd"
Old 06-06-2020, 07:14 AM   #16
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
Originally Posted by detbuch View Post
So you remain a bitter man who has not displayed a soul other than irrational, relentless, hate when speaking of trump, the man who seems to have broken your mind.
Silly boy I don’t need to hate, this election is Trump* vs Tweety and he’s losing on all fronts, most people know he’s Fake President, a reality tv actor without a good screenwriter, floundering thru show after show.
I just want this to be his final season.

New poll says over 66% of all Americans disapprove of Trump’s overall response to George Floyd’s murder.

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Lets Go Darwin
Old 06-06-2020, 07:18 AM   #17
scottw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post

New poll says over 66% of all Americans disapprove of Trump’s overall response to George Floyd’s murder.

99% of that 66% have no idea what his response was...they just heard the fools in the media telling them what to think...
Old 06-06-2020, 07:46 AM   #18
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

General John Allen, who has four stars, accused Donald Trump of pushing for the ‘end of American democracy.’

Allen was a general in the Marines and led the fight against ISIS.

Allen, writing in an op-ed in Foreign Policy, said of Trump, “To even the casual observer, Monday was awful for the United States and its democracy. The president’s speech was calculated to project his abject and arbitrary power, but he failed to project any of the higher emotions or leadership desperately needed in every quarter of this nation during this dire moment.”
Old 06-06-2020, 08:17 AM   #19
Pete F.
Canceled

Not many in the military will find Mattis to be other than truthful, observant, learned and introspective. He was inside the administration, on the ground.

In 2014, a story appeared: “General Mattis Crosses Potomac With 100,000 Troops; President, Senate Flee City.” It ran in Duffel Blog—which is basically The Onion for people in the military. Here’s some of the good stuff:

“I come in peace, by myself, in order to hand-deliver a Memorandum of Concern to the Commander in Chief and the Senate,” said Mattis in a press conference. “I am moving on foot at a leisurely pace, with no ill will. If these American citizens choose to take a stroll with me, then who am I to turn down their companionship?”
I mention this by way of trying to explain that while Jim Mattis is a figure of some prominence to civilians, in the military he’s a legend. A man whose body of lore is so large that there is even a body of intentionally fictional myths about him.

Because of how Mattis is viewed within the military, the timing and forcefulness of his criticism of Trump are gargantuan. Mattis had dropped hints, but lulled us all into believing that he might never speak out directly against Trump. Among rank-and-file service members who support Trump, Mattis’s silence was seen as an implicit endorsement of this administration’s actions.

So Mattis’s comments came as a shock. For the past two days on social media, veterans (and a few active duty personnel) who are normally die-hard Trump supporters expressed confusion about which leader to follow.

Mattis’s more significant impact, though, will likely never be seen. The officer corps—from company-grade officers to four-star generals—take their cues from Mattis and others like him.

In recent days, several former four-star generals and admirals—previously silent on Trump and the danger he poses—have spoken out against this administration’s actions. The DoD’s decision to withdraw the 82nd Airborne Division from Washington might have been driven in part by the pushback of Mattis, retired Admiral Mike Mullen, retired General Martin Dempsey,retired Marine General John Allen, and others.

Mattis’s words will continue to resonate with the force, leading service members at every echelon to push back against a president who once boasted that the military would do whatever he told them, even if his orders were illegal.

Trump has, predictably, tried to trash Mattis.

But there’s reason to think that within the service, Mattis’s intervention has only burnished his legacy.

On Thursday, Duffel Blog reposted the 2014 folk tale of Mattis crossing the Potomac and saving the republic. This time, the publication added an update: “It’s happening!”
Old 06-06-2020, 08:24 AM   #20
scottw

it's good to have an opinion....
Old 06-06-2020, 08:26 AM   #21
scottw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Got Stripers View Post

General John Allen, who has four stars, accused Donald Trump of pushing for the ‘end of American democracy.’
this is a little over the top....