Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 05-11-2020, 05:54 PM   #1
Jim in CT

NBC apologizes for deceptively editing Barr remarks

Chuck Todd shockingly edited some remarks that Barr made about the Flynn investigation, to make it sound like Barr said the exact opposite of what he actually said. It was so glaring, NBC apologized. They said the selective editing was inadvertent.

It's funny how every single inadvertent error these people make, happens to make Trump look bad. They never, ever err in his favor. If the errors were inadvertent, wouldn't the impact be a little more balanced than 100% unfavorable to Trump?

Just a coincidence, though. Right?
Old 05-11-2020, 06:02 PM   #2
Pete F.
Canceled

Meanwhile when Trump* is asked why testing is some kind of global competition by a young Asian reporter he yells at her that she should ask CHINA.
And then Kaitlyn Collins asked the same question when Trump tired to bulldoze past it, so he ends it and huffed off stage like the angry teenage girl he is.
Quite the wimp you’ve aligned yourself with.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Old 05-11-2020, 06:12 PM   #3
spence

So they mistakenly cut short the part where Barr lied and that was the problem?
Old 05-11-2020, 06:22 PM   #4
Sea Dangles

Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
I think NBC apologized because there could have been assumptions they were trying to mislead due to editing issues Jeff. Stand down.
Fake news will be here for you.

PRO CHOICE REPUBLICAN
Old 05-11-2020, 06:26 PM   #5
Pete F.
Canceled

“‘This is what should worry the campaign: Biden is in his basement and he’s beating Trump,’ a former West Wing staffer told me. ‘If I were Biden, the lesson I would learn is: Shut the #^&#^&#^&#^& up and let Trump go out there and destroy himself.’”

He's pretty good at it

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Lets Go Darwin
Old 05-11-2020, 06:28 PM   #6
Jim in CT

Quote:
NBC apologized for their own actions, but you know better. How many times a day do you masturbate to your Obama poster?

NBC admitted what they did was wrong, but that's not good enough for you.
Old 05-11-2020, 06:29 PM   #7
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
“‘This is what should worry the campaign: Biden is in his basement and he’s beating Trump,’ a former West Wing staffer told me. ‘If I were Biden, the lesson I would learn is: Shut the #^&#^&#^&#^& up and let Trump go out there and destroy himself.’”

He's pretty good at it
Sounds like you have nothing to worry about. I mean, an anonymous source, it doesn't get much better than that.
Old 05-11-2020, 06:57 PM   #8
Pete F.
Canceled

Winner Winner, Chicken Dinner

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Lets Go Darwin
Old 05-11-2020, 07:05 PM   #9
Jim in CT

pete, it was nbc themselves who apologized. you aren’t capable
if commenting rationally in that, so you pivot to trump. you literally cannot allow any conversation to take place which is critical of the left, even when they themselves apologized.

NBC: we made a mistake.
Pete: but what about that one time when Trump...

do you see how deranged that is? in your world, there can be no criticism, u less trump is the one getting criticized. think about that.
Old 05-11-2020, 07:12 PM   #10
Pete F.
Canceled

Why would I compliment an incompetent.
Everyone but Trump* makes mistakes, just ask him

Lets Go Darwin
Old 05-11-2020, 07:25 PM   #11
spence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
NBC apologized for their own actions, but you know better. How many times a day do you masturbate to your Obama poster?

NBC admitted what they did was wrong, but that's not good enough for you.
Are you ok?
Old 05-11-2020, 07:38 PM   #12
Pete F.
Canceled

The interesting thing about the Swine flu is that the big reason it killed only about 10% of what the Trump virus did is the government took it seriously, ramped up testing and succeeded in "beating the invisible enemy". Nobody even needed to call themselves a war time General who cowered in the rear, said you didn't need testing and tested everyone around him. Once a coward, always a coward. Congratulations Donnie Bonespurs

Lets Go Darwin
Old 05-11-2020, 09:21 PM   #13
Sea Dangles

Once a Bitchslappedboy
Always a Bitchslappedboy
Congrats Bitchslappedboy
Old 05-11-2020, 09:27 PM   #14
Jim in CT

Quote:
Are you ok?
me? i’m good. i’m not the one who disagrees when NBC, who knows what they did, admits they acted inappropriately. you can’t even allow them to apologize for their own actions.

“you couldn’t have done anything wrong, you’re liberal!!!”.
Old 05-12-2020, 02:12 PM   #15
wdmso

Here we go Jim getting fed his daily fox news outrage ... i guess he missed the apology part of the storie...

Fox and every right leaning mouth piece has been playing liberal comments out of context for decades with no apology or attempt to hide it...
.. your just so indoctrinated you miss them ..
Old 05-12-2020, 02:32 PM   #16
scottw

Old 05-12-2020, 02:34 PM   #17
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
Here we go Jim getting fed his daily fox news outrage ... i guess he missed the apology part of the storie...

Fox and every right leaning mouth piece has been playing liberal comments out of context for decades with no apology or attempt to hide it...
.. your just so indoctrinated you miss them ..
"i guess he missed the apology part of the storie"

I mentioned the apology in the title of the thread. It's in the title...but you say I messed it. How come every time they make a mistake, it's a mistake that hurts republicans? They never, ever make a mistake that helps Republicans.

Obviously, Foxnews has hosts that are as biased as everyone who works everywhere else - Sean Hannity, the folks on Fox and Friends, etc. There are also some hosts who are balanced, who say to liberals every night, "that's a good point". Like Tucker Carlson. When Boll O'Reilly was at his most popular, he sometimes let liberals like Juan Williams, host his show when he was away. That's what separates Foxnews form everyone else, the only network with some shows where you can get an honest presentation of both sides. Where else do you get that?

Last edited by Jim in CT; 05-12-2020 at 03:06 PM..
Old 05-12-2020, 02:36 PM   #18
Jim in CT

Jim: "NBC apologizes"

WDMSO: You forgot to mention that they apologized.

I mean, can you think honestly for two seconds on this forum?
Old 05-12-2020, 02:36 PM   #19
scottw

Quote:
Jim: "NBC apologizes"

WDMSO: You forgot to mention that they apologized.

I mean, can you think honestly for two seconds on this forum?
it's challenging
Old 05-12-2020, 02:41 PM   #20
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottw View Post
it's challenging
You forget to mention that it's challenging.

I mean...Jesus Christ
Old 05-12-2020, 03:06 PM   #21
Pete F.
Canceled

In 2016, the FBI took an unprecedented action against Hillary Clinton which likely could have been a but-for cause of Trump*s election victory.

And nearly four years later, Trumplicans are still busy promoting conspiracy theories about how the FBI was conspiring against Trump*.
Trumplicans got everything they could have dreamed of from the FBI in 2016: just days before the election, an investigation was opened and made public that caused measurable harm to Clinton's campaign.

Yet Trumplicans are obsessed with the idea that they were the real victims.

Now it's 2020, and Trump* has already long since directed the DOJ to launch investigations into his 2020 opponent. So now we're just waiting to see when Trumplicans will start arresting members of the prior administration on charges arising out of their derpy conspiracy theories.

Meanwhile, Trump* is firing Inspector Generals left and right, though sparing the IGs who comply with Trump*s wishes to investigate his enemies, not his friends.

So what are the odds DOJ IG Horowitz will ever actually release his findings on how the FBI tried to help Trump* win?

Lets Go Darwin
Old 05-12-2020, 03:10 PM   #22
Jim in CT

Quote:
In 2016, the FBI took an unprecedented action against Hillary Clinton which likely could have been a but-for cause of Trump*s election victory.

And nearly four years later, Trumplicans are still busy promoting conspiracy theories about how the FBI was conspiring against Trump*.
Trumplicans got everything they could have dreamed of from the FBI in 2016: just days before the election, an investigation was opened and made public that caused measurable harm to Clinton's campaign.

Yet Trumplicans are obsessed with the idea that they were the real victims.

Now it's 2020, and Trump* has already long since directed the DOJ to launch investigations into his 2020 opponent. So now we're just waiting to see when Trumplicans will start arresting members of the prior administration on charges arising out of their derpy conspiracy theories.

Meanwhile, Trump* is firing Inspector Generals left and right, though sparing the IGs who comply with Trump*s wishes to investigate his enemies, not his friends.

So what are the odds DOJ IG Horowitz will ever actually release his findings on how the FBI tried to help Trump* win?
On a thread discussing that NBC admitted a mistake, you respond with "meanwhile, Trump..."

You can't do it. You can't allow a discussion that includes criticism of anyone other than Trump. In all seriousness, do you spend 24 a day obsessing over him? You are completely consumed.
Old 05-12-2020, 03:11 PM   #23
scottw

pete sounds more shaken than obama and he's making half as much sense
Old 05-12-2020, 03:14 PM   #24
Jim in CT

Quote:
You are always, always, always wrong. Believe me, we didn't get "what we dreamed of" from the FBI regarding Hilary. They didn't haul her off in cuffs.

Is she didn't want that harm to take place, maybe she shouldn't have put classified emails on a Commodore 64 in her basement, and maybe she could have cooperated instead of answering, when asked if she wiped her servers, "you mean like with a cloth?" She absolutely deserved some harm from her actions. That was all her choice. But as with most liberals, nothing is ever her fault, everything is always someone else's fault.
Old 05-12-2020, 07:03 PM   #25
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
You are always, always, always wrong. Believe me, we didn't get "what we dreamed of" from the FBI regarding Hilary. They didn't haul her off in cuffs.

Is she didn't want that harm to take place, maybe she shouldn't have put classified emails on a Commodore 64 in her basement, and maybe she could have cooperated instead of answering, when asked if she wiped her servers, "you mean like with a cloth?" She absolutely deserved some harm from her actions. That was all her choice. But as with most liberals, nothing is ever her fault, everything is always someone else's fault.
Oddly enough numerous members of the Trump* administration have violated the same rules, crickets from the Trumplicans.
But it is ok, Trump* was victimized

Lets Go Darwin
Old 05-12-2020, 07:43 PM   #26
scottw

it's hard to decide who is more senile...pelosi or biden
Old 05-12-2020, 08:09 PM   #27
Jim in CT

Quote:
Oddly enough numerous members of the Trump* administration have violated the same rules, crickets from the Trumplicans.
But it is ok, Trump* was victimized
Then arrest them. Fair enough?
Old 05-13-2020, 06:25 AM   #28
Pete F.
Canceled

The DOJ refuses to investigate, Administration is consistently blocking Congress
Old 05-13-2020, 07:05 AM   #29
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

Then vote them out in November, that's how it works.

Fact: Never in the history of the United States has a sitting president ever been removed from office because of posts on fishing boards or Facebook.

Feel free to run that by snopes or factcheck.org
Old 05-13-2020, 07:09 AM   #30
scottw

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dad Fisherman View Post

Fact: Never in the history of the United States has a sitting president ever been removed from office because of posts on fishing boards or Facebook.

Feel free to run that by snopes or factcheck.org
that's just mean crushing his hopes and dreams....