Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 11-17-2017, 06:21 AM   #31
wdmso

She has accepted his apologie and stated she has not suggested he resign. So unless more women come forward against him . The story ends
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Old 11-17-2017, 06:41 AM   #32
scottw

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
She has accepted his apologie and stated she has not suggested he resign. So unless more women come forward against him . The story ends
doubt it....
Old 11-17-2017, 06:44 AM   #33
spence

Quote:
No it will be kept alive for political reasons.
Old 11-17-2017, 06:58 AM   #34
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulS View Post
How many women accused you're recently elected Republican president was it 16 or 19? You even have him on tape saying you just walk up and grab them by the p$$$$! Have the Republicans no shame? Ever hear of Anita Hill?
The other major problem with your side's zero credibility on this issue, is that democrats (not you, but politicians and media) never stop whining that the GOP is waging a war on women. When the democrats have welcomed Hollywood into their ranks, that's a very interesting thing to claim. It's a joke, it is absolutely belied by the facts of what happens on both sides, and it's a big reason why the democrats are obsolete in DC, and in many states, at the moment.

Yes, the GOP has a president at the moment who objectifies women, no doubt. As I said, he (unlike Bill and Hilary) got all kinds of heat for that, from within his own party.

If there is a war on women, Ted Kennedy has the only confirmed kill in that war. He is the Audie Murphy of the war on women.
Old 11-17-2017, 07:01 AM   #35
Jim in CT

Quote:
Oh, so it's only an issue if the victims are still outraged by it? That makes all kinds of sense.

For the sake of argument, let's say Moore and Franken harassed women in the same exact way. Let's also assume that Franken's victim forgives him, Moore's victim does not. You are saying, in this case, Franken is fit to serve in the Senate but Moore is not? Even though they did the same exact thing?
Old 11-17-2017, 07:04 AM   #36
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
No it will be kept alive for political reasons.
Spence, remind me, which political party is accusing the GOP of waging a phony war on women? What's good for the goose...

Democrats have been having their cake and eating it too, for 25 years. If Trump's election showed us anything, it's that the people who live between the coasts, are tired of being told that everything they believe, is based on some form of hate. That kind of idiotic and tiresome thinking is finally enraging those on the receiving end.

If it's "political" to bring up Franken's actions, why isn't it "political" to discuss what Moore did? Please explain?
Old 11-17-2017, 07:11 AM   #37
BigBo

And now George H.W.
I don't condone it on either side of the political spectrum, but found this one somewhat comical. It probably came about due to senility/dimentia? Does he even know he's doing something wrong?
There are some women accusers I find comical as well.

And @PaulS, thank you so much for filling me in about Kennedy and Clinton being Democrat's. Why I never knew that is beyond me.

The future ain't what it used to be. --Yogi Berra
Old 11-17-2017, 07:32 AM   #38
spence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
If it's "political" to bring up Franken's actions, why isn't it "political" to discuss what Moore did? Please explain?
If you can't understand the difference in behavior I'm not sure there's much to explain.
Old 11-17-2017, 07:36 AM   #39
scottw

Quote:
If you can't understand the difference in behavior I'm not sure there's much to explain.
one is a democrat that will probably run for president now ...that's the only difference
Old 11-17-2017, 08:08 AM   #40
JohnR
Certifiable Intertidal Anguiologist

The other terrible issue, as mentioned by Jim, is we have to be watchful for people using the smear for political gain and creating false and misleading accusations to flip politically. Always has been an issue but now reinforced / accelerated by social media??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Got Stripers View Post
My point is men in power, whether it's the sitting president of the USA or Hollywood biggest movie studio, or my X boss who was a big time pig; they all feel above the law or their own companies HR policies.
- People in power wielding their power over others - at times more sinister than others - but almost always at the significant expense of the other

Quote:
Can you grope body armor ? And can you say you were groped when you were never physically touched ? Or is that air groping ? You can say not funny jump to sexual assault i would say no

About Moore my only comment is 14yrs old
Huh - you are going awfully light on Franken.

Quote:
Were was this rational thought before the election ?
It was there in some not in others - both parties did a good job of putting the sludge of the septic forward

Quote:
most of theses women see their is safety in Numbers less stigma and easy to attack 1 women but when multiple women come out on 1 person with the same story thats a game changer

Franken accusers is 1 person she provided the Photo odd

You forcibly kissed me without my consent,(thats an issues)
grabbed my breasts while I was sleeping and had someone take a photo of you doing it,( never touched her breast or even the body armor see photo ) knowing I would see it later ( seem shes had the photo since 2006 ) , and be ashamed.(thats why he took it? to shame her ? by that photo? shes not ashamed of her other phots across the internet?

as this stands its a he said she said incident . and is not the same league as the people with multiple accusers . no matter how hard some try to lump them together
Huh - you are defending Franken??

Quote:
Yes, one is disqualifying and the other should have had jail time. Neither is acceptable.

~Fix the Bait~ ~Pogies Forever~

Striped Bass Fishing - All Stripers

Kobayashi Maru Election - there is no way to win.

Apocalypse is Coming:
Old 11-17-2017, 08:14 AM   #41
Nebe

It took a Democrat being dragged into the sex scandal for Jim to decide to talk about it. #sad
Old 11-17-2017, 08:18 AM   #42
scottw

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnR View Post
The other terrible issue, as mentioned by Jim, is we have to be watchful for people using the smear for political gain and creating false and misleading accusations to flip politically. Always has been an issue but now reinforced / accelerated by social media??
it's amazing how often Gloria Allred pops up with a client on the eve of an election
Old 11-17-2017, 08:29 AM   #43
JohnR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nebe View Post
It took a Democrat being dragged into the sex scandal for Jim to decide to talk about it. #sad

Huh, he did seem to evenly apply to both

Apocalypse is Coming:
Old 11-17-2017, 08:32 AM   #44
zimmy

Quote:
Why ruin it by mentioning 2 democratic presidents when it seems like both bushes, Reagan and Trump have all been accused.
Obama only president since 1980 not accused.

No, no, no. we’re 30… 30, three zero.
Old 11-17-2017, 08:35 AM   #45
PaulS

Quote:
The other major problem with your side's zero credibility on this issue, is that democrats (not you, but politicians and media) never stop whining that the GOP is waging a war n women. Woman seem to think so w/all the cuts to contraceptives, etc. When the democrats have welcomed Hollywood into their ranks, that's a very interesting thing to claimIt seems like the Rep. have no problem ELECTING actors - Trump, Reagan, AAArnold, Bono, Eastwood. It's a joke, it is absolutely belied by the facts of what happens on both sides, and it's a big reason why the democrats are obsolete in DC, and in many states, at the moment.

Yes, the GOP has a president at the moment who objectifies No, it is called ASSUALT women, no doubt. As I said, he (unlike Bill and Hilary) got all kinds of heat for that, from within his own party. Yet somehow he was the Rep. nominee and got elected Pres -

If there is a war on women, Ted Kennedy has the only confirmed kill in that war. He is the Audie Murphy of the war on women.
Where his partners willing particpants? Can't recall them saying they weren't.
Old 11-17-2017, 08:36 AM   #46
Nebe

Quote:
Huh, he did seem to evenly apply to both
I’m certain that if al Frankenstein was not dragged into the #meetoo witch hunt, this thread never would have been made.
Old 11-17-2017, 08:39 AM   #47
PaulS

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBo View Post

And @PaulS, thank you so much for filling me in about Kennedy and Clinton being Democrat's. Why I never knew that is beyond me.
NP. I just thought your response was nonsensical.
Old 11-17-2017, 08:41 AM   #48
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

What stories do you think the Russians are cooking up watching this all unfold, cyber warfare is going to be a real challenge moving forward. They will see this outrage and use it to post smear fake news if they can get by (hopefully) a more diligent online community about who to sell ads to.
Old 11-17-2017, 08:55 AM   #49
BigBo

Quote:
NP. I just thought your response was nonsensical.
As I, yours.

Old 11-17-2017, 08:56 AM   #50
BigBo

Quote:
Originally Posted by zimmy View Post
Yet. Or he lived in fear of the wrath of Moochelle on a daily basis. Lol

Old 11-17-2017, 09:19 AM   #51
Jim in CT

Quote:
If you bothered to read the title of the thread, you'd see I am attacking a republican and a democrat. What is it about liberalism, exactly, that so often requires its adherents, to abandon intellectual honesty?

I've also made no secret how I feel about Trump. Scumbag.
Old 11-17-2017, 09:21 AM   #52
Jim in CT

Quote:
Both politicians are accused of forcing themselves upon women, without consent. True or false?
Old 11-17-2017, 09:22 AM   #53
Jim in CT

Quote:

- People in power wielding their power over others - at times more sinister than others - but almost always at the significant expense of the other

Huh - you are going awfully light on Franken.

It was there in some not in others - both parties did a good job of putting the sludge of the septic forward

Huh - you are defending Franken??

Yes, one is disqualifying and the other should have had jail time. Neither is acceptable.
"The other terrible issue, as mentioned by Jim, is we have to be watchful for people using the smear for political gain and creating false and misleading accusations to flip politically. "

Correct. How do you defend yourself, against accusations made decades earlier?

Also, the Duke lacrosse case is a reminder of why we are all innocent until proven guilty. This is a tough issue.
Old 11-17-2017, 09:30 AM   #54
JohnR

Quote:
I have a lot of issues with Obama and we are paying for his leadership today. I do not have a problem with him as an adult or father and husband to his family.

Quote:
I’m certain that if al Frankenstein was not dragged into the #meetoo witch hunt, this thread never would have been made.
I thought Wayne would have stated it until I saw his repeated defenses of Franken

(I jest, I jest)

Quote:
^^^ See two up ; )

Apocalypse is Coming:
Old 11-17-2017, 09:30 AM   #55
Jim in CT

Quote:
"Woman seem to think so w/all the cuts to contraceptives, etc"

Liberal women think so. Not all women.

Contraceptives are always available when there is a true health need (my wife had a need to be on the pill, which had nothing whatsoever to do with contraception. What conservatives/Christians often oppose, is forcing employers to provide free contraception, when it's to be used for recreational sex. When there is an underlying health issue, the contraception is provided. Your side usually leaves out that part.

"claimIt seems like the Rep. have no problem ELECTING actors - Trump, Reagan, AAArnold, Bono, Eastwood"

So you are denying that Hollywood leans left. Sounds rational to me.

"No, it is called ASSUALT "

He's accused of assault. He is proven guilty of objectifying.

"Yet somehow he was the Rep. nominee and got elected Pres "

Yes. But unlike the perverts on your side, Trump was widely criticized for being a jerk. Lots of influential republicans denounced him and announced that they didn't vote for him. Please tell me what influential liberals denounced Hilary because she lied to enable Bill and attacked his victims? Because I can give you a long list of conservatives who denounced Trump (Condaleeza Rice, Bush 43, George Will...)there was w hole "never Trump movement within the GOP. Was there similar resistance to Bill, Hilary, or Ted Kennedy?
Old 11-17-2017, 09:32 AM   #56
Jim in CT

Quote:
You talking about Bill? Are you serious? Juanita Broderick has long claimed he raped her. And he paid off Paula Jones with a fat settlement. But let's ignore that.
Old 11-17-2017, 09:59 AM   #57
zimmy

Quote:
Classy.

And the most recent allegation against H.W was about incident in 1992.

No, no, no. we’re 30… 30, three zero.
Old 11-17-2017, 09:59 AM   #58
BigBo

John, my post about Barry was in jest.
Old 11-17-2017, 10:00 AM   #59
BigBo

Quote:
Classy.

And the most recent allegation against H.W was about incident in 1992.
My we sure are sensitive in here. Lighten up.

Old 11-17-2017, 10:08 AM   #60
PaulS

Quote:
If you bothered to read the title of the thread, you'd see I am attacking a republican and a democrat. What is it about liberalism, exactly, that so often requires its adherents, to abandon intellectual honesty?
You mentioned 2 Dem. presidents in your 1st post. So what is it about Conservatism that so often requires its adherents to abandon intellectual honest?
I've also made no secret how I feel about Trump. Scumbag.
NM