Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » The Scuppers

The Scuppers This is a new forum for the not necessarily fishing related topics...

Old 11-21-2002, 04:11 PM   #1
Carl

cell phone service

I am in the process of selecting a cell phone service, and I was wondering what your experiences have been. T-Mobile has a good deal for 29.99 - 300 minutes plus unlimited N&W, free long distance and free roaming anywhere in the country. Plus a free Nokia 3390 phone. They say they use a GSM network. I was wondering if anyone has service with T-Mobile and whether it is good, bad or otherwise and also if anyone knows what the GSM network is and how it differs from other networks?

Thanks

Carl
Carl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2002, 05:59 PM   #2
tlapinski
All up in the Interweb!

T-Mobile is pretty good. i have the $39.99 for 600 minutes, no long distance, and free n/w. good plan. great service. i live in western mass and have made calls to and from all over new england with out any problem. gets service on the outter cape, even! oh yeah, hottie spokesperson, too....
tlapinski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2002, 08:49 PM   #3
LuaP73

Send a message via AIM to LuaP73 Send a message via Yahoo to LuaP73
I have Voicestream(T-Moble) the plan I have is for 3,000 anytime minutes for $69.99. It's great just as long as you don't need long distance, and you always know what your bill will be. It's just about impossibe to use all those minutes! But I also have had a few other plans and I went over the allowed minutes and it cost me an arm and a leg. My plan was for 1,000 mins for $39.99 when my bill came it was $250.00!!!!!! Now I know that i will never go over and can plan how much my bill will be.
LuaP73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2002, 09:08 PM   #4
Striper SniperX
><(((">

Send a message via AIM to Striper SniperX Send a message via Yahoo to Striper SniperX
Cell Phones

I don't know much about cellphone plans,, but i do know that 300 Mins wont last you a month carl,,, unless you do most of your talking at night (after 8) it's good to have for $29.99 and the Nokia 3390 is a very nice phone (mom has one) but i would go with the 600 mins,, or even more ,, it's worth it, cause if ya go over , you wont be happy at the end of the month

If you are afraid of going over your anytime mins limit,, do what i do,, get a 'pre-paid' account, the phone IS NOT free this way, but it's alot cheaper in the long run (you can buy $10 all the way to $100 minute cards ,, and they last you a month and cost less,,, and there is no $300. Bill if you go over,, cause ya have a limit,, and if ya run out ,,, just go to a local place that sells 'em and put it in,,, VERY EASY done ,, even i can do it

just my opinon ,, and if your looking for a good pre-paid Provider,,, AT&T is one of the best , T-moble (VoiceStream) is right up there as well Make sure you buy a case to put the phone in!!
,, salt air and atmospere is not good for them phones,, ask StarsnStripers, a LONG day on the water disabled the keypad

good luck!

"Striper Sniper"
15' Starcraft Sportfish-Classic.

Visit my site at:
Saltwater-Fishing.8k.com
Striper SniperX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2002, 12:38 PM   #5
Jenn

I have t-mobil....actually the hubby and I got the shared plan...I think its 79.99 or so...two free phones 800 shared minutes (that we will never use all of) that can be used for long distance...and free weekends I believe...

I like their service.....havent had a problem yet....hmm..except for that one spot that was tucked away behind a large sandy cliff..
Jenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2002, 12:40 PM   #6
Jenn

oh and he ordered them online....we only paid 9.95 shipping per phone (my dad bought the same phone three months later for $120 at one of the stores!!!! ouch!)
Jenn is offline   Reply With Quote