Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 09-22-2022, 08:53 AM   #121
PaulS

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottw View Post
is she still claiming trump's victory over her was illegitimate?
The stable genius strikes again:

Trump sat with Hannity Wednesday, the interview of which revealed several interesting moments, not least of which is the former president’s claim that he could declassify any document “by thinking about it.” There were no other moments in which he expounded on presidential telekinetic powers.

Still, he did seem to take Hannity aback by saying that the real reason that FBI agents performed a search and seizure at his Mar-a-Lago estate was that they were seeking deleted emails from the former Secretary of State and Democratic nominee in the 2016 election.

“I would say there’s a very good chance that a lot of those documents will never be seen again,” Trump said before pivoting to what some may call magical thinking about the reason for the “raid.” “There’s also a lot of speculation, because of what they did, the severity of the FBI coming in, raiding Mar-a-Lago, were they looking for the Hillary Clinton emails that were deleted … but they are around someplace … were they looking for …”

At this point, Hannity appeared to be talking about, interrupting his guest with “wait, wait wait, you’re not saying you you had it?”

Trump followed by saying that the FBI Agents “may have thought that was in there.”
Old 09-22-2022, 10:00 AM   #122
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulS View Post
The stable genius strikes again:

Trump sat with Hannity Wednesday, the interview of which revealed several interesting moments, not least of which is the former president’s claim that he could declassify any document “by thinking about it.” There were no other moments in which he expounded on presidential telekinetic powers.

Still, he did seem to take Hannity aback by saying that the real reason that FBI agents performed a search and seizure at his Mar-a-Lago estate was that they were seeking deleted emails from the former Secretary of State and Democratic nominee in the 2016 election.

“I would say there’s a very good chance that a lot of those documents will never be seen again,” Trump said before pivoting to what some may call magical thinking about the reason for the “raid.” “There’s also a lot of speculation, because of what they did, the severity of the FBI coming in, raiding Mar-a-Lago, were they looking for the Hillary Clinton emails that were deleted … but they are around someplace … were they looking for …”

At this point, Hannity appeared to be talking about, interrupting his guest with “wait, wait wait, you’re not saying you you had it?”

Trump followed by saying that the FBI Agents “may have thought that was in there.”
We all were told he was the smartest, the richest, but now to learn he can just think about something and it becomes reality wow. I might have to rethink my vote in 24 if he runs, what better president, than one with super powers.
Old 09-22-2022, 10:49 AM   #123
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Got Stripers View Post
We all were told he was the smartest, the richest, .
Who told us that, exactly?
Old 09-22-2022, 10:55 AM   #124
wdmso

Former President Donald Trump maintains that a president can declassify documents just by even "thinking about it."

Yep keep supporting this clown
Old 09-22-2022, 11:00 AM   #125
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
Who told us that, exactly?
Really Jim, Trump told us, I’m shocked you didn’t follow that one. Of course those were more of the thousands of lies, whether it’s intelligence, amount of wealth, election wins, magically declassification of top secret documents, Trumps continues to spin the lies for the mindless faithful who believe his BS.
Old 09-22-2022, 11:04 AM   #126
Jim in CT

Quote:
Really Jim, Trump told us, I’m shocked you didn’t follow that one. Of course those were more of the thousands of lies, whether it’s intelligence, amount of wealth, election wins, magically declassification of top secret documents, Trumps continues to spin the lies for the mindless faithful who believe his BS.
Lies are bad, eh?

Do when Biden says he was arrested with nelson Mandela, that he drive a tractor trailer, that he beat Corn Pop to a pulp, that the GOP wants to put blacks back in chains…these are acceptable kinds of lies because they were told by a democrat?

Just a little consistency would go a long, long way.

Everything is ok when democrats do it.
Old 09-22-2022, 11:17 AM   #127
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Quote:
Lies are bad, eh?

Do when Biden says he was arrested with nelson Mandela, that he drive a tractor trailer, that he beat Corn Pop to a pulp, that the GOP wants to put blacks back in chains…these are acceptable kinds of lies because they were told by a democrat?

Just a little consistency would go a long, long way.

Everything is ok when democrats do it.
I tell you what, when Biden’s little white lies result in thousands storming the capitol, when his lies result in almost a thousand charged and arrested, when his lies and those in his employ result in criminal convictions, when he starts stealing national defense secrets and lies about it, well you get my point; not even a comparison.
Old 09-22-2022, 11:43 AM   #128
Jim in CT

Quote:
I tell you what, when Biden’s little white lies result in thousands storming the capitol, when his lies result in almost a thousand charged and arrested, when his lies and those in his employ result in criminal convictions, when he starts stealing national defense secrets and lies about it, well you get my point; not even a comparison.
Ah. So telling the country that Republicans want to put blacks back in chains is a little white lie. That's convenient.

How about when Democrats tell lies that cops are out to assassinate black people, and cities get burned?

Tell me which led to more deaths and property damage - the 2020 BLM riots, or the riot at the capital.

Have fun with that.
Old 09-22-2022, 12:47 PM   #129
PaulS

The one thing I've always been shocked at is Trump's willingness to say things about all the lawsuits against him yet he never wants to appear in court where he has a forum to address them or he takes the 5th hundreds of times.

Shocking.
Old 09-22-2022, 01:41 PM   #130
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Quote:
Ah. So telling the country that Republicans want to put blacks back in chains is a little white lie. That's convenient.

How about when Democrats tell lies that cops are out to assassinate black people, and cities get burned?

Tell me which led to more deaths and property damage - the 2020 BLM riots, or the riot at the capital.

Have fun with that.
Jim if you are going to quote someone get it correct and while I’m not saying Biden used good judgement, he said Republican “policies” would basically set them back in time and you of all people living in the past, must have understood his meaning, it wasn’t literal.

Of course you suggest and generalize that democrats as a whole stated cops are out to assassinate blacks, which is a lame reach at best. Did you not hear Biden say we shouldn’t defund police, we should fund the police, that doesn’t fit your narrative. If you understand the history and decades of blacks being profiled, wrongly detained and killed without due process, than you would understand seeing another unjustified death fueled the riots, not a comment by Biden. No shock that you might claim Biden’s words led to those riots, again good luck making them seem equally destructive.

Want to compare things, put a dollar value and loss of life number in those riots and what the black race as a whole has suffered at the hands of those feeling they are an inferior race. Trust me you wouldn’t have to go to far back in your time machine to cancel the BLM riots out.
Old 09-22-2022, 02:05 PM   #131
Jim in CT

Quote:
Jim if you are going to quote someone get it correct and while I’m not saying Biden used good judgement, he said Republican “policies” would basically set them back in time and you of all people living in the past, must have understood his meaning, it wasn’t literal.

Of course you suggest and generalize that democrats as a whole stated cops are out to assassinate blacks, which is a lame reach at best. Did you not hear Biden say we shouldn’t defund police, we should fund the police, that doesn’t fit your narrative. If you understand the history and decades of blacks being profiled, wrongly detained and killed without due process, than you would understand seeing another unjustified death fueled the riots, not a comment by Biden. No shock that you might claim Biden’s words led to those riots, again good luck making them seem equally destructive.

Want to compare things, put a dollar value and loss of life number in those riots and what the black race as a whole has suffered at the hands of those feeling they are an inferior race. Trust me you wouldn’t have to go to far back in your time machine to cancel the BLM riots out.
"Jim if you are going to quote someone get it correct and while I’m not saying Biden used good judgement, he said Republican “policies” would basically set them back in time and you of all people living in the past, must have understood his meaning, it wasn’t literal. "

I did quote him accurately. He said "he (meaning Romney) is gonna put y'all back in chains."

"Of course you suggest and generalize that democrats as a whole stated cops are out to assassinate blacks, which is a lame reach at best. Did you not hear Biden say we shouldn’t defund police"

Yes I heard that. But I heard Obama say that cops killing blacks are connected incidents, meaning there's some plot. And I've heard other prominent liberals bash the police, and so have you. And I heard many prominent liberals refuse to condemn the violence in the summer of 2020, and so did you.

And I heard Biden say that those who want smaller federal government are fascists and a threat to America. I heard Hilary say they're deplorable and irredeemable.

But everything is always OK when the left does it!

"I’m not saying Biden used good judgement"

Come on, don't be so harsh...

"what the black race as a whole has suffered at the hands of those feeling they are an inferior race"

I agree that blacks have suffered at the hands of such people. But those people causing the suffering, are not the Republican party, no matter how many times the say it on The View. Democrats fought for slavery and segregation, and fight today against school choice.

Why would I be in favor of school choice, which disproportionately helps blacks, if I hated blacks?
Old 09-22-2022, 02:07 PM   #132
Jim in CT

Quote:
So because black suffered historically, blacks today can loot stores, owned by people who never did any harm?
Old 09-22-2022, 02:10 PM   #133
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Your funny Jim, it’s comical watching you in this forum, I do love to watch it.
Old 09-22-2022, 03:29 PM   #134
Jim in CT

Quote:
Your funny Jim, it’s comical watching you in this forum, I do love to watch it.
Which one of us brought slavery up?
Old 09-22-2022, 03:56 PM   #135
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Quote:
So because black suffered historically, blacks today can loot stores, owned by people who never did any harm?
No and that’s why so many were arrested and charged, but you seemed to attribute those riots in part to Biden’s comments, which if your honest about it is BS.
Old 09-22-2022, 03:59 PM   #136
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Quote:
Which one of us brought slavery up?
I believe you did, I talked about history, much of the abuse has happened this side of the civil war. You love to reach for straws to win arguments, that is what I find so amusing.
Old 09-22-2022, 05:44 PM   #137
wdmso

Mar-a-Lago special master orders Trump attorneys to say whether the former president believes the FBI lied about seized documents

Can’t wait for the response
Old 09-22-2022, 07:30 PM   #138
Jim in CT

Quote:
I believe you did, I talked about history, much of the abuse has happened this side of the civil war. You love to reach for straws to win arguments, that is what I find so amusing.
Read post #130.

"much of the abuse has happened this side of the civil war."

Ah. So slavery doesn't represent most of the abuse. That's just a footnote in the story of blacks. Let me guess, Trump did more to hurt blacks than slavery did? Please, keep talking about history.

Let's talk about the post civil war...Which side advocated for segregation? Which side advocates against school choice? Which side wants a Planned Parenthood on every single corner in black neighborhoods? Which side dismisses how crucial dads are in the life of kids? Which side refused to celebrate lowest black unemployment ever at the state of the union?

What's the GOP done to blacks that even comes close to all that? Trump, for all his flaws, got black unemployment to its lowest ever recorded, increased funding for black colleges, got companies to invest in economic opportunity zones in blighted urban areas, advocated for school choice, and pushed for criminal justice reform (which liberals have demanded for decades, which Obama could easily have delivered when the democrats controlled congress, but which took Trump to actually pull off).

Make any of that wrong.
Old 09-22-2022, 11:30 PM   #139
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
Read post #130.

"much of the abuse has happened this side of the civil war."

Ah. So slavery doesn't represent most of the abuse. That's just a footnote in the story of blacks. Let me guess, Trump did more to hurt blacks than slavery did? Please, keep talking about history.

Let's talk about the post civil war...Which side advocated for segregation? Which side advocates against school choice? Which side wants a Planned Parenthood on every single corner in black neighborhoods? Which side dismisses how crucial dads are in the life of kids? Which side refused to celebrate lowest black unemployment ever at the state of the union?

What's the GOP done to blacks that even comes close to all that? Trump, for all his flaws, got black unemployment to its lowest ever recorded, increased funding for black colleges, got companies to invest in economic opportunity zones in blighted urban areas, advocated for school choice, and pushed for criminal justice reform (which liberals have demanded for decades, which Obama could easily have delivered when the democrats controlled congress, but which took Trump to actually pull off).

Make any of that wrong.
I have, you’re boring

Start with Lee Atwater’s Southern Strategy…..
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Lets Go Darwin
Old 09-28-2022, 04:47 PM   #140
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Perfect
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	8031CEF3-3366-41AD-91AA-E5541FFA08C2.jpeg
Views:	58
Size:	137.3 KB
ID:	69211  
Old 09-29-2022, 07:33 AM   #141
Pete F.
Canceled

The former president failed to derail the criminal investigation into his hoarding of sensitive documents and is stuck paying for a costly process that threatens to undermine his public claims.

Fighting back tears, they are saying to him things like, "Sir, no one could have botched this as badly as you did—absolutely no one. You've given F.U.B.A.R. a whole new meaning."
Old 09-29-2022, 07:55 AM   #142
PaulS

Trump insists the FBI planted docs. but his lawyers are refusing to submit a sworn declaration on stating whether they believe the government's list of property taken from Trump's Florida estate is accurate.

And we elected this clown.
Old 09-29-2022, 02:45 PM   #143
wdmso

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulS View Post
Trump insists the FBI planted docs. but his lawyers are refusing to submit a sworn declaration on stating whether they believe the government's list of property taken from Trump's Florida estate is accurate.

And we elected this clown.
Donald Trump got the court-ordered review he wanted of documents seized from his Mar-a-Lago home as well as his preferred pick for a so-called special master to carry it out. But less than a month in, the former president has complaints about how that review is taking shape.

You can always excuse it away with both sides do it
Old 09-29-2022, 05:34 PM   #144
wdmso

Cannon rules Trump lawyers don’t have to clarify claims on Mar-a-Lago documents

Wow she appoints the guy Trump wanted then knee caps him . When he wants them to provided evidence..

Yep nothing to see
Old 09-30-2022, 06:47 AM   #145
Pete F.
Canceled

So less than 24 hours after reports about the explosions at Nord Stream gas pipelines came out, Donald Trump, Tucker Carlson, and Charlie Kirk rushed to either blame the US for it or just urge the US not to respond and stay "calm."

Putin got what he paid for.
Old 09-30-2022, 07:45 AM   #146
scottw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post

explosions at Nord Stream gas pipelines

I heard trump did it with the nuclear secrets that he stole....

he choked the secret service, commandeered the limo, stole the nuclear secrets, drove them underwater to the Nord Stream pipeline and blew it up.....friggin' MacGyver move...probably in a hotel room in Moscow right now with some crazy hookers
Old 10-01-2022, 11:42 PM   #147
Pete F.
Canceled

Trump - tonight at his rally - said: “I think they’d like to see me in prison."
Updated tally:
Lies: 7809303956
True statements: 1