Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Grumpy Old Pharts Board

Grumpy Old Pharts Board Gerritol, Ex-Lax, Immodium, Bad Breath - all requirements for the Grumpy Board

Old 11-16-2021, 07:15 PM   #1
nightfighter
Seldom Seen

Heartbroken

There was a shooting in Salem last night. 55yo man ambushed a 33 yo woman, shooting her in the head as she walked out of work, and then killed himself. The girl is the daughter of lifelong friends of mine. Just sickened by the news and cannot even conceive that pain.... She was medflighted to Boston and critical is all that has been released publicly... but we all know it can't be good, at all.... I have worked on their past homes and sailed against them and their daughters over the years. Can't imagine getting that news.

“Americans have the right and advantage of being armed, unlike the people of other countries, whose leaders are afraid to trust them with arms.” – James Madison.
nightfighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2021, 07:21 PM   #2
spence

God, that is just awful. Hope for the best but fark. Double fark.
spence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2021, 07:54 PM   #3
Pete F.
Canceled

Sad
Really makes you wonder what is in some peoples heads
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Pete F. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2021, 08:31 PM   #4
Nebe

Wow. That is just horrible. What is wrong with some people? My thoughts go out to her family and you, Ross. So sorry.
Nebe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2021, 10:03 PM   #5
Clammer

ROSS

Speechless ........my feelings to you & all her loved ones .

this is one reallu f ucked up world we exist in .< P&T

If ya need a fishing Trip before I pull it just LMK ><>

ENJOY WHAT YOU HAVE !!!

MIKE
Clammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2021, 06:38 AM   #6
Rmarsh

Very sad......how can anyone do something so evil? We have a lot of very sick people living amongst us. Thoughts and prayers to the parents and everyone affected..... such a tragic loss.
Rmarsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2021, 07:34 AM   #7
JohnR
Certifiable Intertidal Anguiologist

So sorry to hear this, bud. Mental illness, revenge, broken heart, not a good mix.

~Fix the Bait~ ~Pogies Forever~

Striped Bass Fishing - All Stripers

Kobayashi Maru Election - there is no way to win.

Apocalypse is Coming:
JohnR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2021, 08:03 AM   #8
PaulS

Sad.
PaulS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2021, 09:03 AM   #9
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

Very Sorry to hear this, terrible. Don’t even know what to say for something like this.
The Dad Fisherman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2021, 12:25 PM   #10
Rockfish9

I saw that on the news , it's terrible...People , in general have become very angry and disrespectful, just look at whats happened recently on air planes... respect for one another and human life ,it seems, is at an all time low...

I'm sorry Ross, hopefully she is able to recover ( both physically and mental), if that is even possible after something like this.

A good run is better than a bad stand!
Rockfish9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2021, 03:02 PM   #11
Slipknot
Super Moderator

Very sorry to hear this Ross
That is horrible
Slipknot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2021, 04:41 PM   #12
Guppy
User

Sorry for your pain Ross….. t&p
Guppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2021, 08:30 PM   #13
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

So sad Ross, hoping she pulls through.
Got Stripers is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2021, 10:13 PM   #14
afterhours
Afterhours Custom Plugs

Wow, terrible news. Miracles still do happen...

www.afterhoursplugs.com

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Afterh...428173?created

Instagram - afterhourscustom

Official S-B.com Sponsor

GAMEFISH NOW

"A GAMEFISH (WHICH STRIPED BASS SHOULD BE) IS TOO VALUABLE TO BE CAUGHT ONLY ONCE"...LEE WULFF
afterhours is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2021, 08:07 AM   #15
nightfighter
Seldom Seen

Miracles indeed...

Smith has been in the intensive care unit at Beth Israel Hospital in Boston since the shooting and all signs so far are positive.

"Lindsay is doing miraculously well and all her vital signs are good," her boss, Robbie Doyle, said in an email to NBC10 Boston Thursday
He said she had an operation Wednesday after swallowing a bullet she was shot with, leaving it in her stomach. But ultimately doctors decided to leave the bullet there and let it pass on its own.

Doyle said Smith has full movement on her right side and feeling on her left, but her left side has motor skill issues due to the trauma on the right side of her brain. The good news, he said, is there does not appear to be any significant neurological damage.

"In summary, her prognosis is quite good," he said. "The recovery will be lengthy, with no timeline. There are likely to be good and bad days, but so far everything is improving daily."

Smith was expected to undergo another procedure Thursday to address her motor skills and help reduce the swelling, Doyle said.

He said Smith's parents want to thank all of the medical personnel involved, starting with the first responders who were at the site within five minutes of the initial 911 call and including the employees at Salem Hospital where she was initially brought and at Beth Israel Hospital where she continues to recover.

“Americans have the right and advantage of being armed, unlike the people of other countries, whose leaders are afraid to trust them with arms.” – James Madison.
Old 11-19-2021, 08:14 AM   #16
PaulS

Sounds like great news.
PaulS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2021, 08:20 AM   #17
nightfighter
Seldom Seen

So, my brother's source, which is very close, reports she was shot in the jaw. Bone fragments were sent throughout the skull, which is a source of concern. But certainly a better scenario than the bullet traveling through the skull. Incredible to me that she has swallowed the bullet... Can't help but think, did she turn her head at the last second? Fractions of an inch from certain death....
Her bosses email, I thought, was an excellent assessment to release to the public. While I do know all the players, I am still not comfortable to reach out to the immediate family at this time. But I will, just not the time, IMO.
The legal aspect of the denied restraining order will no doubt be played out, as it should. I believe Lindsay and her mother will be activists in needed changes, when/if Lindsay recovers to the point she can advocate for herself.

If you have ANY questions about who your child is in a relationship with, have a talk with them. Tell them Lindsay's story....