Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 08-02-2022, 05:39 PM   #1
Jim in CT

Desantis is a rock star.

he should still go on the show and humiliate those disgusting hens, but good for his team.

https://www.foxnews.com/media/the-vi...-abc-talk-show
Old 08-02-2022, 08:38 PM   #2
Pete F.
Canceled

Florida will start the school year with a 9,000 teacher shortage, only 25% of 3rd graders reading proficient, lagging SAT scores + more.

While schools suffer, DeSantis attacks LGBTQ kids and wants you to think your child's teacher is a groomer.

Floridians deserve better than that.

Jim thinks that would be great for the country as a whole.

Ya know, to own the libs, especially “hens”

The misogyny is strong in him
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Old 08-03-2022, 01:52 AM   #3
wdmso

the Florida Legislature passed a bill granting approval for former and present members of the military to teach in classrooms. Republican Governor Ron DeSantis announced the move as part of an $8.6 million package to expand career and workforce training opportunities for veterans

the state would issue a temporary teaching certificate to veterans "who have not yet earned their bachelor's degree."

Candidates must have a minimum of 60 college credits with a 2.5 grade point average and a passing score on a Florida subject area examination for bachelor's level subjects.

I saw nothing that the bachelor degree be educated related?

The Department is proud to provide a five-year temporary certificate

Only the best for the children of Fla

Being a veteran in no way shape or form makes you a better teacher and no experience or a degree in education . What could go wrong
Old 08-03-2022, 01:55 AM   #4
wdmso

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
he should still go on the show and humiliate those disgusting hens, but good for his team.

https://www.foxnews.com/media/the-vi...-abc-talk-show
You’re being led by fox by the nose and don’t even realize it. .
Old 08-03-2022, 04:35 AM   #5
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
Oh he does, he is just all in, frankly I think he should take his own advice and move to FL.
Old 08-03-2022, 06:15 AM   #6
Jim in CT

Quote:
in other words, you can’t refute anything in my post, but you’re too small to admit it, so lob am insult and then run away.

I have shown the ability to think for myself, to praise and criticize both sides. You are a blind partisan extremist. So who’s being led by the nose?

Old 08-03-2022, 06:58 AM   #7
Pete F.
Canceled

Poor victim

Not surprised that Christina Pushaw, Ron DeSantis spokeswoman, registered 4 years late as agent of Georgian politician Mikheil Saakashvili

Saakashvili has ties to Ukrainian pro-Kremlin former dictator Viktor Yanukovich. The guy that Manafort, Gates (Trump 2016) and Devine (Bernie 2016) worked for.

Imagine having to battle against a governing party when your party attempted a coup and is obsessed with bathrooms and bedrooms.

While the GOP has been taking away rights, banning books and threatening children in libraries the Democratic party has been getting things done.

The Democratic party has been working to preserve those rights and keep government out of your home.
Old 08-03-2022, 08:26 AM   #8
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
Poor victim

Not surprised that Christina Pushaw, Ron DeSantis spokeswoman, registered 4 years late as agent of Georgian politician Mikheil Saakashvili

Saakashvili has ties to Ukrainian pro-Kremlin former dictator Viktor Yanukovich. The guy that Manafort, Gates (Trump 2016) and Devine (Bernie 2016) worked for.

Imagine having to battle against a governing party when your party attempted a coup and is obsessed with bathrooms and bedrooms.

While the GOP has been taking away rights, banning books and threatening children in libraries the Democratic party has been getting things done.

The Democratic party has been working to preserve those rights and keep government out of your home.
who’s a victim? desantis? with the almost 60% approval rating, in a state people are moving to in huge numbers?
Old 08-03-2022, 08:31 AM   #9
Jim in CT

Quote:
the Florida Legislature passed a bill granting approval for former and present members of the military to teach in classrooms. Republican Governor Ron DeSantis announced the move as part of an $8.6 million package to expand career and workforce training opportunities for veterans

the state would issue a temporary teaching certificate to veterans "who have not yet earned their bachelor's degree."

Candidates must have a minimum of 60 college credits with a 2.5 grade point average and a passing score on a Florida subject area examination for bachelor's level subjects.

I saw nothing that the bachelor degree be educated related?

The Department is proud to provide a five-year temporary certificate

Only the best for the children of Fla

Being a veteran in no way shape or form makes you a better teacher and no experience or a degree in education . What could go wrong
wayne i have no doubt that every state in the deep south, has many places where i’d never want to raise my kids ( as does Connecticut).

But you’re missing, or more likely avoiding, the point. Here it is…

There are some red states which have some beautiful suburbs with great schools, and a very low price tag in terms of taxes

I’ll ask you again, can you please name a thriving suburb in a blue state with good schools, a good quality of life, and very low taxes?

If i move to a beautiful suburb in FL or NH, I don’t especially care what the trash is doing in another part of the state, any more than i care what’s happening in hartford or bridgeport from my CT suburb. I live in a nice CT suburb, it’s 20 miles from the liberal, failing sh*the of hartford, and that doesn’t diminish my quality of life where i am.

Please, list some great suburbs in blue states where successful people
are moving, which have very low taxes?

Or will you simply admit that all such places are in red states?
Old 08-03-2022, 09:27 AM   #10
Pete F.
Canceled

It’s simple and perfect if you seem to have low taxes?

ITEP figures analyzed by the West Virginia Center on Budget and Policy show that prime-age employment — job opportunities for those between the ages of 24 and 55 — has grown at a more rapid clip in the nine states with the highest income taxes over the past decade than the nine states with no income tax.

Florida relies on sales taxes and has the 24th most affordable combined state and average local sales tax rate in the nation, while its property taxes are above the national average, according to the Tax Foundation. Tennessee has the highest average combined sales and local tax rates in the country, at 9.55 percent.

Homeowners in New Hampshire end up paying the third-highest property tax rate in the country (1.89 percent), the Tax Foundation’s estimates found, while Texas isn’t far behind at 1.6 percent. New Hampshire derives 63.8 percent of its revenue from property tax money, the most of any U.S. state.

Cost of living is also a prominent factor. Florida, Washington, Nevada, Washington and New Hampshire were among the 20 most expensive states to live in, according to 2021 data compiled by the Council for Community & Economic Research, which takes into account grocery, transportation, health and housing costs.
Old 08-03-2022, 11:58 AM   #11
Jim in CT

Quote:
It’s simple and perfect if you seem to have low taxes?

ITEP figures analyzed by the West Virginia Center on Budget and Policy show that prime-age employment — job opportunities for those between the ages of 24 and 55 — has grown at a more rapid clip in the nine states with the highest income taxes over the past decade than the nine states with no income tax.

Florida relies on sales taxes and has the 24th most affordable combined state and average local sales tax rate in the nation, while its property taxes are above the national average, according to the Tax Foundation. Tennessee has the highest average combined sales and local tax rates in the country, at 9.55 percent.

Homeowners in New Hampshire end up paying the third-highest property tax rate in the country (1.89 percent), the Tax Foundation’s estimates found, while Texas isn’t far behind at 1.6 percent. New Hampshire derives 63.8 percent of its revenue from property tax money, the most of any U.S. state.

Cost of living is also a prominent factor. Florida, Washington, Nevada, Washington and New Hampshire were among the 20 most expensive states to live in, according to 2021 data compiled by the Council for Community & Economic Research, which takes into account grocery, transportation, health and housing costs.
i didn’t say low taxes are perfect ( though it is simple), and i very specifically said there are many many places in the deep south where you couldnt pay me to live.

i’m sorry if that’s going too fast for you.

I’ve asked guy this specific question many times, and you always run away and hide.

Please name some nice, thriving suburbs in blue states that have super low taxes.

I’ll wait. Now you go run away and hide.
Old 08-03-2022, 02:36 PM   #12
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
i didn’t say low taxes are perfect ( though it is simple), and i very specifically said there are many many places in the deep south where you couldnt pay me to live.

i’m sorry if that’s going too fast for you.

I’ve asked guy this specific question many times, and you always run away and hide.

Please name some nice, thriving suburbs in blue states that have super low taxes.

Concord NH
Oh wait, it doesn’t have super low taxes

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Lets Go Darwin
Old 08-03-2022, 02:42 PM   #13
wdmso

Quote:
in other words, you can’t refute anything in my post, but you’re too small to admit it, so lob am insult and then run away.

I have shown the ability to think for myself, to praise and criticize both sides. You are a blind partisan extremist. So who’s being led by the nose?

you insult yourself by posting such a nonsense story About Ron and the HENS on the view

Fox ran that story just so you would be outraged and Yell F ya Conservatives VS LIBS ... and you took the bait . AKA led by the Nose

not I single news source I watch or read post this kind of tabloid Trash and then present it as News .
Old 08-03-2022, 02:47 PM   #14
wdmso

Quote:
wayne i have no doubt that every state in the deep south, has many places where i’d never want to raise my kids ( as does Connecticut).

But you’re missing, or more likely avoiding, the point. Here it is…

There are some red states which have some beautiful suburbs with great schools, and a very low price tag in terms of taxes

I’ll ask you again, can you please name a thriving suburb in a blue state with good schools, a good quality of life, and very low taxes?

If i move to a beautiful suburb in FL or NH, I don’t especially care what the trash is doing in another part of the state, any more than i care what’s happening in hartford or bridgeport from my CT suburb. I live in a nice CT suburb, it’s 20 miles from the liberal, failing sh*the of hartford, and that doesn’t diminish my quality of life where i am.

Please, list some great suburbs in blue states where successful people
are moving, which have very low taxes?

Or will you simply admit that all such places are in red states?

every State red or Blue has it Gems and its #^&#^&#^&#^& holes! thats just America

I haven't missed your point People move for a plethora of reasons to and from different states ... were we differ is you rank politics highest in people's motivation were is I do not .. that's all
Old 08-03-2022, 02:48 PM   #15
Jim in CT

Quote:
you insult yourself by posting such a nonsense story About Ron and the HENS on the view

Fox ran that story just so you would be outraged and Yell F ya Conservatives VS LIBS ... and you took the bait . AKA led by the Nose

not I single news source I watch or read post this kind of tabloid Trash and then present it as News .
problem is, i’m not outraged. i love how the desantis team responded. He hits almost every pitch out of the park, which is why (1) the whole country wants to move to his state, and (2) why you all fear him so
much. you fear him as much as you hate trump, and you’re right to.

if you’re not led around by the nose, just list the issues on which you disagree with democrats? simple.
Old 08-03-2022, 03:14 PM   #16
Pete F.
Canceled

Blacksburg, VA
Monroe,CT
Fair lawn, NJ
Folsom,CA
Mt Lebanon, PA
Ann Arbor, MI
Chandler, AZ

Plenty more in this list of most affordable cities with best schools
Some in red, some in blue
None in NH or FL

https://dwellics.com/rankings/most-a...-schools-2022#

Last edited by Pete F.; 08-03-2022 at 03:35 PM..
Old 08-03-2022, 05:06 PM   #17
Jim in CT

Quote:
Blacksburg, VA
Monroe,CT
Fair lawn, NJ
Folsom,CA
Mt Lebanon, PA
Ann Arbor, MI
Chandler, AZ

Plenty more in this list of most affordable cities with best schools
Some in red, some in blue
None in NH or FL

https://dwellics.com/rankings/most-a...-schools-2022#
Monroe Ct has super low taxes? compared to FL, NH, TN, NC, SC?

oh man you are precious.

i am very familiar with Monroe, i lived one town over. Beautiful place. But very very expensive in terms of taxes, and that’s what the state/town controls.

Oh man you are precious. Just keep making it up to fit The Narrative.

How did you conclude that Monroe CT had super low taxes? i’m dying to know.

CT state and local taxes are among the highest in the country.

Looks like your “data” ignored state taxes? that’s not putting your thumb on the scale

Saying a town in CT is low cost while
excluding state taxes, is like evaluating the maiden voyage of the Titanic while
excluding the iceberg.
Old 08-03-2022, 06:09 PM   #18
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
Monroe Ct has super low taxes? compared to FL, NH, TN, NC, SC?

oh man you are precious.

i am very familiar with Monroe, i lived one town over. Beautiful place. But very very expensive in terms of taxes, and that’s what the state/town controls.

Oh man you are precious. Just keep making it up to fit The Narrative.

How did you conclude that Monroe CT had super low taxes? i’m dying to know.

CT state and local taxes are among the highest in the country.

Looks like your “data” ignored state taxes? that’s not putting your thumb on the scale

Saying a town in CT is low cost while
excluding state taxes, is like evaluating the maiden voyage of the Titanic while
excluding the iceberg.
Perhaps the people who made the list had different parameters to define affordable than you.
Most people do.
Let’s see what they considered

When determining the most affordable US cities with the best schools, Dwellics analyzed over 50,000 U.S. cities to compile a list of the Top 100: Most Affordable U.S. Cities with Outstanding Education. Among the ranking factors include taxes, child care cost, property prices, approximate rental or mortgage costs, and the cost of living index. For education, the ranking factors for cities included the average teacher salary, teacher-to-student ratio, math proficiency, reading and language arts proficiency, and the number of blue ribbon schools.

Just what parameters would you choose to consider, only the ones that fit your narrative?

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Lets Go Darwin
Old 08-03-2022, 06:15 PM   #19
Jim in CT

Quote:
Perhaps the people who made the list had different parameters to define affordable than you.
Most people do.
Let’s see what they considered

When determining the most affordable US cities with the best schools, Dwellics analyzed over 50,000 U.S. cities to compile a list of the Top 100: Most Affordable U.S. Cities with Outstanding Education. Among the ranking factors include taxes, child care cost, property prices, approximate rental or mortgage costs, and the cost of living index. For education, the ranking factors for cities included the average teacher salary, teacher-to-student ratio, math proficiency, reading and language arts proficiency, and the number of blue ribbon schools.

Just what parameters would you choose to consider, only the ones that fit your narrative?
yes the people
who made that list had different parameters from me, and judging by who’s moving where, different from
most americans.
Old 08-03-2022, 06:52 PM   #20
wdmso

Quote:
problem is, i’m not outraged. i love how the desantis team responded. He hits almost every pitch out of the park, which is why (1) the whole country wants to move to his state, and (2) why you all fear him so
much. you fear him as much as you hate trump, and you’re right to.

if you’re not led around by the nose, just list the issues on which you disagree with democrats? simple.
In Florida, the GOP, led by Gov. Ron DeSantis, is blocking out traditional journalists from campaign events and has instead primarily talked to right-wing media.

Yep keep supporting authoritarian views ! it’s you whos afraid you fear freedom fair elections the press gay trans groomers …

Please you are the one afraid
Old 08-03-2022, 07:03 PM   #21
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
yes the people
who made that list had different parameters from me, and judging by who’s moving where, different from
most americans.
Well, if your potential income doesn’t matter you probably would consider moving to a no income tax state but, ITEP figures analyzed by the West Virginia Center on Budget and Policy show that prime-age employment — job opportunities for those between the ages of 24 and 55 — has grown at a more rapid clip in the nine states with the highest income taxes over the past decade than the nine states with no income tax.

Why would anyone move to a no income tax state, because they were past prime age or just to own the libs?
Because there’s a great return on that, isn’t there?

Lets Go Darwin
Old 08-03-2022, 07:16 PM   #22
wdmso

Talk of 'invasion' moves from the fringe to the mainstream of GOP immigration message

More GOP authoritarian tendencies or lies
Old 08-04-2022, 07:31 AM   #23
wdmso

More about the GOP move toward authoritarianism

Tuesday underscored that denying the 2020 election results is a prerequisite for winning office in many Republican races. GOP voters in Arizona supported candidates who said they would take away voting machines and voting by mail and who have said they might even refuse to certify 2022 or 2024 election results.

The GOP also has spent the past year ostracizing the few left in their party who want to investigate the violence of the Jan. 6 insurrection and trying to oust them from Congress

And Evidence keeps emerging of candidates’ links to extremism. Supporters or sympathizers of QAnon — the sprawling set of false claims that coalesced into an extremist ideology — abound in these congressional primaries.

Trump allies are putting together plans to replace nonpartisan civil servants with loyalists in government, should he win office again.

Republican voters increasingly view the Jan. 6 insurrection as “legitimate protest” rather than a “riot.”

And figures such as Hungarian Prime Minister Viktor Orban — who recently warned that Europeans must not “become peoples of mixed race” — are being celebrated in some circles of the Republican Party.

It all suggests that the Republican Party’s driving animus in the era of Trump isn’t policy or even ideology. It’s a more authoritarian take on government that democracy experts worry could slowly erode it.

And of course these experts and concerned citizens who dare criticize the dear leader Trump or his mini me Ron omg drag queens ! Or all the other behaviors listed will be dismissed by those who look in the mirror and See a freedom loving Patriotic American. need to give Snow White her mirror back

Will be dism
Old 08-04-2022, 08:05 AM   #24
spence

The best part of this thread is how Jim thinks getting one up on Whoopie Goldberg is a sign of star talent
Old 08-04-2022, 08:35 AM   #25
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
The best part of this thread is how Jim thinks getting one up on Whoopie Goldberg is a sign of star talent
You have to love it when Jim brings out is best of posts, we all love to know how impartial he is in pointing out the pros and cons of his own party and of course criticizing the left leaning posters for never acting as impartial as he does. Who doesn't love the best of hit called the world is moving to FL single, it's always a favorite. I personally can't get enough of the classic; how many times have I posted I hate Trump, but the entire country loves his policies hit. There just are to many to mention, I can't wait until the TV starts to sell the CD's of Jim's favorite rerun posts, it's going to sell out fast.
Old 08-04-2022, 03:07 PM   #26
wdmso

Ron using his office as an arm of his 2024 campaign ambitions

Thursday suspended State Attorney Andrew Warren, the chief prosecutor for the 13th Judicial Circuit covering Hillsborough County, after calling him "woke" and accusing him of refusing to properly enforce certain laws.

The governor cited positions Warren has taken on abortion laws, transgender medical treatment and other issues.

DeSantis framed the issue as upholding the rule of law Ya ok from the man who’s silent on his party’s behavior in the last election
Old 08-04-2022, 03:11 PM   #27
wdmso

DeSantis' first TV campaign ad filled with letters of praise for Florida governor

DeSantis smiles when a narrator ( possibly Jim) reading a letter says, “Watching you beat back the woke, liberal media makes me so proud
Old 08-04-2022, 08:49 PM   #28
Jim in CT

Quote:
DeSantis' first TV campaign ad filled with letters of praise for Florida governor

DeSantis smiles when a narrator ( possibly Jim) reading a letter says, “Watching you beat back the woke, liberal media makes me so proud
here, MSNBC host calls him a white nationalist.

As we all know, baseless claims of racism are what the left routinely engages in, when they know they listened wants but are too small to admit it. when a liberal calls a conservative a racist with zero evidence, that means the conservative had won the debate. always.

https://www.foxnews.com/media/desant...laims-joy-reid
Old 08-05-2022, 04:55 AM   #29
Pete F.
Canceled

It’s implausible, impossible that there’s racism on the right…..

It should be a bigger deal that Viktor Orban spoke at CPAC Dallas. His own minister resigned over his Nazi style rhetoric decrying "race mixing." The overt white supremacy is not a bug, it's a feature.
Old 08-05-2022, 05:29 AM   #30
Pete F.
Canceled

FL teachers are speaking out after attending Desantis’s new mandatory 3-day ‘patriotic history’ indoctrination seminars. One example they cited was that students would be told Washington & Jefferson opposed slavery, while omitting the fact that they owned them.

When he denounces CRT, he means Civil Rights Teaching.