Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

     

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Right Nav

Left Container Right Container
 

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 08-30-2022, 04:34 PM   #31
scottw
Registered User
iTrader: (0)
 
scottw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 12,631
Quote:
Originally Posted by Got Stripers View Post

Wow that’s funny, you think we have formed an opinion based on what others “claim”
yup
scottw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2022, 05:24 PM   #32
wdmso
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Somerset MA
Posts: 8,405
Quote:
Originally Posted by Got Stripers View Post
Wow that’s funny, you think we have formed an opinion based on what others “claim”, that’s a classic Trump defender dodge. I’m pretty sure we have based our opinion on what facts the DOJ has made public. It’s NOT disputed he took a lot of highly classified documents. It’s NOT disputed the NARA asked for over a year repeated to get them back. It’s NOT disputed Trumps lawyer told the DOJ all had been returned. It’s NOT disputed the FBI found lots of classified documents, so Trump and his lawyers lied. Its pretty easy to either agree with those facts, or put your conspiracy theory hat on to suggest it’s deep state again, what may be up for dispute is whether the DOJ has the fortitude to charge a former president. In my opinion (see how easy that is) the DOJ doesn’t have much choice, it’s either the rule of law applies to all, or it allows for future discretions.

Republican don't accept or see Trump as the captain of the ship whose duty is "The captain goes down with the ship" is a maritime tradition that a sea captain holds ultimate responsibility for both their ship and everyone embarked on it, and in an emergency will either save those on board or die trying

All his issues are created conveniently by everyone else
wdmso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2022, 07:25 PM   #33
Pete F.
Canceled
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: vt
Posts: 12,662
Trump doesn’t have to worry about any prosecution because he released a new map indicating MAL is in International Waters and therefore not in FBI jurisdiction.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Pete F. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2022, 08:52 PM   #34
spence
Registered User
iTrader: (0)
 
spence's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: RI
Posts: 20,995
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
Trump doesn’t have to worry about any prosecution because he released a new map indicating MAL is in International Waters and therefore not in FBI jurisdiction.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Hold my sharpie.
spence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2022, 05:58 AM   #35
Pete F.
Canceled
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: vt
Posts: 12,662
Now we know more about Trumps latest crimes and obstruction.

Key in the DOJ brief are new revelations of facts that go to the core of Trump's criminal liability.

Fact-1: Trump never claimed the documents were declassified.

End of story on that attempted defense or attempt to deter prosecutors from indicting (as a discretionary factor).

Fact 2. Looks like Justice Department has one or more people dead to rights on obstruction, 18 USC 1519.

These newly revealed facts also goes to 18 USC 402 (disobeying the GJ subpoena).

Fact 3. passages on obstruction directly implicate Trump's lawyers in the alleged crimes.

That's NOT going to play out well for Trump if DOJ follows past practice.

Fact 4: The false certification by Trump's lawyers on June 3 that all the documents were returned.

Fact 5: In another passage about June 3 retrieval of classified documents, DOJ states:

Yet again, never a peep by Trump's side with any claim that he had declassified the documents.

Plus Trump counsel's actions suggested they believed the docs were classified.

6. Hard to keep track of all the false statements by Trump's counsel to the Department of Justice/FBI!

Here are more:

- that all records from the White House were stored in one location
- that there were no records in Trump's office space

7. New facts: June 3 search turned up (based on FBI preliminary review):

38 documents with classification markings
16 SECRET
17 TOP SECRET

Including "markings reflecting sensitive compartments and dissemination controls" -- indicating government's most highly guarded secrets.

8. This line points directly at Donald Trump.

In August 8 search, classified documents were

- not simply found in MAL
- not simply found outside the storage room
- not simply found in Trump's office

but found in the desks in his office.

He needs to think about a plea deal.

9. More evidence Trump disobeyed subpoena and concealed more docs.

Recall Trump team certified on June 3 "a diligent search was conducted of the boxes that were moved from the White House to Florida."

Yet FBI found on Aug 8

Documents that included the unmissable colored cover sheets.

10. This is a powerful line, and one that a close reader has already come to think by this point.

It's incriminating that the FBI found "in a matter of hours" two times amount of docs with classified markings as Trump team had weeks to locate.

11. Important what happens here:

June 3:
Trump team "explicitly prohibited" DOJ looking inside other boxes in storage room to see if other docs with classified markings there (p. 13).

August 8 FBI search:
FBI finds 76 docs with classified markings in same storage room

But, who hasn't gotten a little absent-minded when handling TOP SECRET DOCUMENTS IN AN UNSECURED LOCATION?????
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Pete F. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2022, 06:12 AM   #36
Pete F.
Canceled
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: vt
Posts: 12,662
If you’re interested, here’s the document
https://storage.courtlistener.com/re...763.41.1_1.pdf

As he said “This was not just extreme carelessness with classified material, which is still totally disqualifying. This is calculated, deliberate, premeditated misconduct — a cover-up [with] false statements and lies to Congress and the American people.”
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Pete F. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2022, 06:17 AM   #37
scottw
Registered User
iTrader: (0)
 
scottw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 12,631
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
If you’re interested, here’s the document
https://storage.courtlistener.com/re...763.41.1_1.pdf

As he said “This was not just extreme carelessness with classified material, which is still totally disqualifying. This is calculated, deliberate, premeditated misconduct — a cover-up [with] false statements and lies to Congress and the American people.”
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
I think you've finally proven that trump is a russian spy!
scottw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2022, 06:24 AM   #38
Pete F.
Canceled
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: vt
Posts: 12,662
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottw View Post
I think you've finally proven that trump is a russian spy!
You can think it’s a joke but….
Every sane patriotic American should be #^&#^&#^&#^&ing furious right now. And not at the DOJ/FBI.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Lets Go Darwin
Pete F. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2022, 06:47 AM   #39
scottw
Registered User
iTrader: (0)
 
scottw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 12,631
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post

Every sane patriotic American should be #^&#^&#^&#^&ing furious right now.

Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
you really need help.....
scottw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2022, 07:03 AM   #40
Pete F.
Canceled
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: vt
Posts: 12,662
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottw View Post
you really need help.....
“we are just talking about some snacks here, no big deal!”
-Scott opening Jeffery Dahmer’s fridge
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Lets Go Darwin
Pete F. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2022, 07:13 AM   #41
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator
iTrader: (0)
 
The Dad Fisherman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Georgetown MA
Posts: 18,086
DOH!!!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	22E2106B-0FB5-45DF-B11C-AD77CCABA19E.jpeg
Views:	17
Size:	702.1 KB
ID:	69149  

"If you're arguing with an idiot, make sure he isn't doing the same thing."
The Dad Fisherman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2022, 07:16 AM   #42
scottw
Registered User
iTrader: (0)
 
scottw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 12,631
I just hope they got the nuclear codes back...because Dark Brandon is going to need those when he goes to war with Ultra MAGA Special Anniversary Edition
scottw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2022, 07:22 AM   #43
Pete F.
Canceled
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: vt
Posts: 12,662
These are the facts of the case and they are undisputed:
1. Trump was not allowed to have these documents.
2. Trump had these documents.

DOJ BIG PICTURE: you don’t make a filing this strong, bold, and factually accusatory if you don’t have every intention to indict.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Pete F. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2022, 08:56 AM   #44
wdmso
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Somerset MA
Posts: 8,405
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dad Fisherman View Post
DOH!!!
And Republicans saved him at every turn. Such a brave party

Not much different than what you’ve doing now
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
wdmso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2022, 09:16 AM   #45
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator
iTrader: (0)
 
The Dad Fisherman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Georgetown MA
Posts: 18,086
Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post

Not much different than what you’ve doing now
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
What, pointing out the obvious

"If you're arguing with an idiot, make sure he isn't doing the same thing."
The Dad Fisherman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2022, 09:46 AM   #46
PaulS
Registered User
iTrader: (0)
 
PaulS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 9,887
amazing how bad Trump's lawyers are.
PaulS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2022, 10:24 AM   #47
PaulS
Registered User
iTrader: (0)
 
PaulS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 9,887
investigators developed evidence that “government records were likely concealed and removed” from the storage room at Mar-a-Lago after the Justice Department sent Mr. Trump’s office a subpoena for any remaining documents with classified markings. That led prosecutors to conclude that “efforts were likely taken to obstruct the government’s investigation,” the government filing said.

The filing included one striking visual aid — a photograph of at least five yellow folders recovered from Mr. Trump’s resort and residence marked “Top Secret” and another red one labeled “Secret.”

The Justice Department effort began in May, after the F.B.I. examined 15 boxes of documents the National Archives had previously retrieved from Mar-a-Lago after months of asking Mr. Trump’s representatives to return missing records. The bureau found 184 classified documents in that initial batch.

On May 11, department lawyers obtained a subpoena to retrieve all materials marked as classified that were not turned over by the former president.

On June 3, his team presented F.B.I. agents with 38 additional documents with classified markings, including 17 labeled top secret.

But one of Mr. Trump’s lawyers present during that visit “explicitly prohibited government personnel from opening or looking inside any of the boxes that remained in the storage room, giving no opportunity for the government to confirm that no documents with classification markings remained,” the filing said.

Mr. Trump’s team also provided the department’s national security division with a written statement on behalf of his office by one of Mr. Trump’s lawyers who was serving as the formal “custodian” of the files. While that person’s name has been redacted in government filings, multiple people have identified her as Christina Bobb.

Ms. Bobb’s statement was attached to the department’s filing on Tuesday. In it, the lawyer wrote that “based upon the information that has been provided to me,” there had been a “diligent” search and all documents responsive to the subpoena were being returned.
PaulS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2022, 11:26 AM   #48
Pete F.
Canceled
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: vt
Posts: 12,662
If you don't think a decision has been made, you haven't been listening to what Merrick Garland has stated:Faithful adherence to the rule of law is the bedrock principle of the Justice Department and of our democracy. Upholding the rule of law means applying the law evenly...
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Pete F. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2022, 12:03 PM   #49
PaulS
Registered User
iTrader: (0)
 
PaulS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 9,887
Is it any wonder the word seems to be that Trump has problems finding lawyers?

Attorney Don Lewis noted Bobb now joins the ranks of other legally compromised Trump lawyers.

“Christina Bobb joins Rudy Giuliani, John Eastman, Lin Wood, Sidney Powell, Jeffrey Clark, Jenna Ellis, and Michael Cohen as Trump World lawyers who’ve ended up with their law licenses and/or freedom at risk,” Lewis commented.
PaulS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2022, 12:39 PM   #50
wdmso
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Somerset MA
Posts: 8,405
All he had to do was give them back when asked

the faithful seem to overlook that simple Fact and would rather blame everyone else as the usually do. then actual Blame Trump himself for his current situation .

Trump supporters keep treating him as if he's not the spoiled Brat everyone around knows he is .. he's just misunderstood or he's special

so stop picking on him

I bet this photo is a false flag operation planted by the FBI


And Trump never said this

In my administration, I’m going to enforce all laws concerning the protection of classified information,” Trump intoned at a 2016 rally in North Carolina. “No one will be above the law.”
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	FbdY32sX0AEIBa0.jpeg
Views:	16
Size:	106.8 KB
ID:	69150  

Last edited by wdmso; 08-31-2022 at 12:54 PM..
wdmso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2022, 01:36 PM   #51
scottw
Registered User
iTrader: (0)
 
scottw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 12,631
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post

If you don't think a decision has been made, you haven't been listening to what Merrick Garland has stated:Faithful adherence to the rule of law is the bedrock principle of the Justice Department and of our democracy. Upholding the rule of law means applying the law evenly...
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
which must be why he's so busy leaking to the media and trying to control the narrative...you'd think with all of this overwhelming evidence of treason, he'd just arrest trump and his band of russian spies....think of the damage they could be doing to the country right now

hey, noticed you haven't been gleefully updating the polls lately
scottw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2022, 03:15 PM   #52
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits
iTrader: (0)
 
Got Stripers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: I live in a house, but my soul is at sea.
Posts: 7,960
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottw View Post
which must be why he's so busy leaking to the media and trying to control the narrative...you'd think with all of this overwhelming evidence of treason, he'd just arrest trump and his band of russian spies....think of the damage they could be doing to the country right now

hey, noticed you haven't been gleefully updating the polls lately
You mean counter the narrative correct? No of course not you are the right spin machine on this world influential political forum You of course being the legal mind you are can’t understand the delay
Got Stripers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2022, 03:38 PM   #53
scottw
Registered User
iTrader: (0)
 
scottw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 12,631
Quote:
Originally Posted by Got Stripers View Post

You mean counter the narrative correct?
That’s not their job….unless this is political and they are worried that they have a weak case for going in….if they have all the evidence they say….they shouldn’t need to play media games
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
scottw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2022, 04:19 PM   #54
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits
iTrader: (0)
 
Got Stripers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: I live in a house, but my soul is at sea.
Posts: 7,960
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottw View Post
That’s not their job….unless this is political and they are worried that they have a weak case for going in….if they have all the evidence they say….they shouldn’t need to play media games
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Your either clueless, which you suggest at every turn your not, or you just don’t understand the process.
Got Stripers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2022, 05:01 PM   #55
scottw
Registered User
iTrader: (0)
 
scottw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 12,631
Quote:
Originally Posted by Got Stripers View Post
Your either clueless, which you suggest at every turn your not, or you just don’t understand the process.
"the process"..involves media leaks and pushing a narrative through friendly media outlets?...what ever happened to nuclear codes and secrets???
scottw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2022, 05:10 PM   #56
scottw
Registered User
iTrader: (0)
 
scottw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 12,631
Quote:
Originally Posted by Got Stripers View Post

or you just don’t understand the process.
you might remember at all of the other raids they arrested people....and they weren't selling nuclear secrets to foreign countries
scottw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2022, 05:15 PM   #57
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits
iTrader: (0)
 
Got Stripers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: I live in a house, but my soul is at sea.
Posts: 7,960
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottw View Post
"the process"..involves media leaks and pushing a narrative through friendly media outlets?...what ever happened to nuclear codes and secrets???
You continue to spin, ignoring the facts, none of these documents belonged to Trump, they belong to the government. If there were compromised secrets involving a former president, all the more reason for the DOJ to proceed carefully. Do you refute any of the evidence released, if you do loosen the foil hat, it will impact your mental health.
Got Stripers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2022, 05:19 PM   #58
scottw
Registered User
iTrader: (0)
 
scottw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 12,631
Quote:
Originally Posted by Got Stripers View Post
Do you refute any of the evidence released, if you do loosen the foil hat, it will impact your mental health.
I'm not in a position to confirm or refute anything, neither are you....I hope they arrest him soon though, the suspense is killing me.....if all you guys claim is true...he's a threat to our democracy out there riding around in a golf cart
scottw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2022, 05:27 PM   #59
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits
iTrader: (0)
 
Got Stripers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: I live in a house, but my soul is at sea.
Posts: 7,960
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottw View Post
I'm not in a position to confirm or refute anything, neither are you....I hope they arrest him soon though, the suspense is killing me.....if all you guys claim is true...he's a threat to our democracy out there riding around in a golf cart
If your an American and are concerned about our national security, which may at times rely on human sources, you should be concerned about that intel being taken and stored in an unsecured location. I suspect the latest photo released was probably photo shopped in your head, the only reason for the delay is the fact this case involves a former president and it’s extremely serious. Did your open your wallet after the raid, I’m curious how tied to the big lier you really are.
Got Stripers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2022, 05:32 PM   #60
scottw
Registered User
iTrader: (0)
 
scottw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 12,631
Quote:
Originally Posted by Got Stripers View Post

I’m curious how tied to the big lier you really are.
I'm curious if you made it past the 4th grade...

I've never voted for trump or sent him any money...I might send him cookies in prison.....
scottw is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:27 AM.


Powered by vBulletin. Copyright ©2000 - 2008, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Please use all necessary and proper safety precautions. STAY SAFE Striper Talk Forums
Copyright 1998-20012 Striped-Bass.com