Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

     

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Right Nav

Left Container Right Container
 

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 09-14-2022, 07:18 PM   #1
Jim in CT
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 19,756
Desantis sends two plane loads of illegals to Martha’s Vineyard

there is no earthly reason why southern border states should bear the burden of clowns in DC ( both parties!) choosing not to do their jobs. Every state should take a proportional share, it’s a federal issue. If liberal states want to declare themselves “sanctuaries” and therefore incentivize more illegals to come, they should get a disproportionate share. You want “em , you got ‘em.
Jim in CT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2022, 04:44 AM   #2
Pete F.
Canceled
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: vt
Posts: 12,617
In retaliation, the vineyard sent Alan Dershowitz and thanked him for not sending Floridians.
All the immigrants are currently employed in the service industry.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Pete F. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2022, 06:16 AM   #3
Jim in CT
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 19,756
Mass democrat lawmaker says bringing immigrants to the Vineyard is “evil and inhumane.”

Why?

Why is it so much better if all of them are crammed into southern border states? If liberals actually believed what they claim to believe in this issue ( and clearly they don’t), they’d be sending empty buses themselves to southern states, asking for immigrants to take back north.

Mayors of DC and ChicGo went berserk when they got a small taste of what border states experience every day. And in Lightfoots case, she apparently shipped them out to the suburbs. Some sanctuary supporter she is!

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/mas...-evil-inhumane
Jim in CT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2022, 07:04 AM   #4
wdmso
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Somerset MA
Posts: 8,344
you are so blind you can't even see this stunt for what it is ...

even immigrants want to move to Florida But your 2nd man crush wants to make political points...

FYI a flight paid for by Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis and that originated in San Antonio, Texas.

So Using florida taxpayer Money. or his own? to send them to what the MAGA world sees as the Liberal bread basket of Martha vineyard .. with its 17,000 year-round residents

yep all about looking like he's owing the libs for his own Hope hell get the 2024 nomination
wdmso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2022, 07:11 AM   #5
wdmso
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Somerset MA
Posts: 8,344
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post



Why is it so much better if all of them are crammed into southern border states? e[/url]
yep they are being Crammed into southern states ..



Texas is the second-largest state in the US with an area of 268,597 square miles or 171,902,080 acres. In comparison, Texas is about 1.65 times larger than California,Texas has 29 million residents and the 13th highest GDP in the world at 1.78 trillion as of 2019.


Mass democrat lawmaker says bringing immigrants to the Vineyard is “evil and inhumane.”

You can't figure that out on your own?
wdmso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2022, 07:20 AM   #6
wdmso
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Somerset MA
Posts: 8,344
I love this statement seeing there have been zero changes on the border since biden took office both physical or policy

a spokesperson for DeSantis sent a statement to NPR and other news outlets confirming that the migrants were transported by Florida under a state program that was funded by the legislature earlier this year. The statement reads in part: "States like Massachusetts, New York and California will better facilitate the care of these individuals who they have invited into our country by incentivizing illegal immigration."


All republicans do is Lie 24x7
wdmso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2022, 07:21 AM   #7
nightfighter
Seldom Seen
iTrader: (0)
 
nightfighter's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2001
Posts: 9,974
At some point the feds/congress will awards billions in funds to help assimilate these immigrants into our country. At that point there will be a war between the states to grab the money for their own uses... And I would expect DeSantis will want his money for this group he just unloaded on to MV... Politicians are an awful breed. All of them.

“Americans have the right and advantage of being armed, unlike the people of other countries, whose leaders are afraid to trust them with arms.” – James Madison.
nightfighter is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2022, 07:29 AM   #8
Jim in CT
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 19,756
Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
yep they are being Crammed into southern states ..



Texas is the second-largest state in the US with an area of 268,597 square miles or 171,902,080 acres. In comparison, Texas is about 1.65 times larger than California,Texas has 29 million residents and the 13th highest GDP in the world at 1.78 trillion as of 2019.


Mass democrat lawmaker says bringing immigrants to the Vineyard is “evil and inhumane.”

You can't figure that out on your own?
tell me why the citizens of texas should be more on the hook to bear this burden, than the citizens of martha’s vineyard. Pretty simple and pertinent question.

the illegals don’t live in undeveloped dust bowl parts of texas wayne. it’s very easy for you to criticize texas when you know you don’t have to deal with what they have to deal with. and when you get a tiny tiny taste of what they see every day, the left goes berserk.

again,,liberals should be demanding that morenilkegaos go to their states. But lord knows they don’t.
Jim in CT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2022, 07:30 AM   #9
JohnR
Certifiable Intertidal Anguiologist
iTrader: (1)
 
JohnR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2000
Location: Somewhere between OOB & west of Watch Hill
Posts: 34,451
Blog Entries: 1
This was all fixed between the parties with Reagan era Amnesty, except one party did not keep their end of the deal.

Next best way to fix this would have been to close off the border and LEGALLY increase immigration numbers. Instead, politicians created a hidden class of people.

Yesterday, there were more people that crossed the border, each, in TX or AZ than were flown to MV.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...rder-wall.html

~Fix the Bait~ ~Pogies Forever~

Striped Bass Fishing - All Stripers


Kobayashi Maru Election - there is no way to win.


Apocalypse is Coming:
JohnR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2022, 07:31 AM   #10
Jim in CT
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 19,756
Quote:
Originally Posted by nightfighter View Post
At some point the feds/congress will awards billions in funds to help assimilate these immigrants into our country. At that point there will be a war between the states to grab the money for their own uses... And I would expect DeSantis will want his money for this group he just unloaded on to MV... Politicians are an awful breed. All of them.
two plane loads is nothing. there are uncountable numbers of
millions of them in the country. millions and millions. we already spend bazillions on this issue. It’s beyond stupid. no other country on the planet acts this way, for good reason.
Jim in CT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2022, 08:05 AM   #11
PaulS
Registered User
iTrader: (0)
 
PaulS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 9,877
No other country is as rich as we are with millions of poor bordering us.

We should increase legal immigration drastically. Now would be a good time to give extra consideration to those Russ./ukr scientist/bus. owners.
PaulS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2022, 08:18 AM   #12
Nebe
Registered User
iTrader: (0)
 
Nebe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Libtardia
Posts: 21,354
This is great news for the vineyard. Taco and burrito production will thrive. Restaurants who have labor issues will have plenty of workers.

Thanks Rhonda Santis
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Nebe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2022, 08:21 AM   #13
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits
iTrader: (0)
 
Got Stripers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: I live in a house, but my soul is at sea.
Posts: 7,934
Quote:
Originally Posted by nightfighter View Post
At some point the feds/congress will awards billions in funds to help assimilate these immigrants into our country. At that point there will be a war between the states to grab the money for their own uses... And I would expect DeSantis will want his money for this group he just unloaded on to MV... Politicians are an awful breed. All of them.
If only we could get term limits, all these career politicians can retire, well past the time for that change.
Got Stripers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2022, 08:28 AM   #14
RIROCKHOUND
Also known as OAK
iTrader: (0)
 
RIROCKHOUND's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Westlery, RI
Posts: 10,293
Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulS View Post
No other country is as rich as we are with millions of poor bordering us.

We should increase legal immigration drastically. Now would be a good time to give extra consideration to those Russ./ukr scientist/bus. owners.
Agreed. That needs to be a discussion point.
Barry Ritholtz was on a pod cast talking about labor shortage issues related to COVID (deaths + earlier retirements + people improving their skills and moving up into better jobs + people who left jobs to start a small business). He was advocating for this increase to bolster the service/production/transport sectors...

Bryan

Originally Posted by #^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&
"For once I agree with Spence. UGH. I just hope I don't get the urge to go start buying armani suits to wear in my shop"
RIROCKHOUND is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2022, 08:32 AM   #15
Jim in CT
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 19,756
Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulS View Post
No other country is as rich as we are with millions of poor bordering us.

We should increase legal immigration drastically. Now would be a good time to give extra consideration to those Russ./ukr scientist/bus. owners.
we are rich. doesn’t mean there aren’t limits. Why did chicago mayor Lightfoot take the illegals from Texas and ship them all to the suburbs? why wasn’t she happy to build houses for them and put them in her schools? Because talk is cheap. But caring for a meaningful number if unskilled immigrants who don’t speak the language, is extremely expensive.

The army told soldiers this week that they should
apply for food stamps because of inflation. That happened, I’m not making that up. How about we fix that before we spend billions on people who came here illegally, and before we spend a trillion forgiving student loans, including for wealthy families making $250k.

Seal up the border tight. Then increase legal immigration.
Jim in CT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2022, 08:37 AM   #16
PaulS
Registered User
iTrader: (0)
 
PaulS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 9,877
Quote:
Originally Posted by RIROCKHOUND View Post
Agreed. That needs to be a discussion point.
Barry Ritholtz was on a pod cast talking about labor shortage issues related to COVID (deaths + earlier retirements + people improving their skills and moving up into better jobs + people who left jobs to start a small business). He was advocating for this increase to bolster the service/production/transport sectors...
I don't know who Ritholtz is but he sounds smart
PaulS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2022, 09:04 AM   #17
RIROCKHOUND
Also known as OAK
iTrader: (0)
 
RIROCKHOUND's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Westlery, RI
Posts: 10,293
Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulS View Post
I don't know who Ritholtz is but he sounds smart
'The Big Picture' a blog about macroeconomics type stuff...

Bryan

Originally Posted by #^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&
"For once I agree with Spence. UGH. I just hope I don't get the urge to go start buying armani suits to wear in my shop"
RIROCKHOUND is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2022, 10:52 AM   #18
Jim in CT
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 19,756
Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulS View Post
I don't know who Ritholtz is but he sounds smart

Covid deaths are why there are unfilled jobs out there? I just looked up covid deaths by age, data i saw said that 70% of all covid deaths were for americans age 70 and older. how many were working at the kinds of jobs that are um- filled today?
Jim in CT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2022, 11:14 AM   #19
RIROCKHOUND
Also known as OAK
iTrader: (0)
 
RIROCKHOUND's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Westlery, RI
Posts: 10,293
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
Covid deaths are why there are unfilled jobs out there? I just looked up covid deaths by age, data i saw said that 70% of all covid deaths were for americans age 70 and older. how many were working at the kinds of jobs that are um- filled today?
1.05 million officially * 30% = 315,000 people.
Plus all the other factors listed, no one said it was the ONLY factor, it was A factor.

Bryan

Originally Posted by #^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&
"For once I agree with Spence. UGH. I just hope I don't get the urge to go start buying armani suits to wear in my shop"
RIROCKHOUND is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2022, 11:54 AM   #20
PaulS
Registered User
iTrader: (0)
 
PaulS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 9,877
so the conservative states are just going to send immigrants to small communities w/o notifying anyone? Shows a total lack of compassion to use them as pawns.
PaulS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2022, 11:54 AM   #21
PaulS
Registered User
iTrader: (0)
 
PaulS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 9,877
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
Covid deaths are why there are unfilled jobs out there? I just looked up covid deaths by age, data i saw said that 70% of all covid deaths were for americans age 70 and older. how many were working at the kinds of jobs that are um- filled today?
Why do I care?
PaulS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2022, 12:41 PM   #22
wdmso
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Somerset MA
Posts: 8,344
into our country

That’s coming from Ron’s press secretary

Let that soak in. Our country
Just more culture war nonsense from the right
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
wdmso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2022, 12:59 PM   #23
Pete F.
Canceled
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: vt
Posts: 12,617
It’s just the Republican midterm play.
Create a border crisis
Caravans were getting stale, nothing ever happened with them.
So create some theater that gets nationwide news and try and make immigration a bigger issue than peoples rights.

I wonder who Jim and the rest of the miser class thinks is picking the produce or working the dairy. Not counting the tourism. Who do they think works that. Most of the immigrant people that are in my town work in dairy, vegetables or apples. Jobs people born in America won’t do.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Pete F. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2022, 01:01 PM   #24
wdmso
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Somerset MA
Posts: 8,344
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
we are rich. doesn’t mean there aren’t limits. Why did chicago mayor Lightfoot take the illegals from Texas and ship them all to the suburbs? why wasn’t she happy to build houses for them and put them in her schools? Because talk is cheap. But caring for a meaningful number if unskilled immigrants who don’t speak the language, is extremely expensive.

The army told soldiers this week that they should
apply for food stamps because of inflation. That happened, I’m not making that up. How about we fix that before we spend billions on people who came here illegally, and before we spend a trillion forgiving student loans, including for wealthy families making $250k.

Seal up the border tight. Then increase legal immigration.
Young soldiers have been on food stamps for ever it’s nothing new look up e4 pay and try to Raise a family of 3 on it


How about we fix that before we spend billions on people who came here illegally,

Yep the illegals get welfare another republican lie


Still waiting on what’s changed on the border .

What happened to Trumps wall

And name a policy change made by Biden that opened the border

Just more of the same invasion and we have open boarders more gop lies


Trump slashes aid to Central America over migrants


Trump's plan to cut aid to Central America could push more migrants to come to US

Cutting aid to Central America could fuel desperate conditions that drive immigrants to the United States’ southern border.

Yep we are seeing 1st hand classic republicans making choices just to look good in the next election cycle.

Don’t think for a minute republicans want to fix immigration just like Roe they chase the car but when they catch it. They have no idea after that


What’s also funny they actually think their policy’s slow immigration when Trump was in office . Covid and Trump axed legal immigration.
He did nothing to curb it on the border he did what’s being done sending them back ..

The majority of immigrants being shipped around by Ron 4 wheels crossed at a legal crossing and applied for asylum .. and are being processed by the LAW . That congress refuses to fix
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
wdmso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2022, 01:05 PM   #25
Pete F.
Canceled
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: vt
Posts: 12,617
The fact that Ron DeSantis sent a hired videographer on the planes to Martha's Vineyard means he wanted it for campaign footage. He understood how well the symbolism MV & cruelty to immigrants would play at the the next GOP Convention.
It will really excite the miser class
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Pete F. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2022, 01:14 PM   #26
PaulS
Registered User
iTrader: (0)
 
PaulS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 9,877
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
The fact that Ron DeSantis sent a hired videographer on the planes to Martha's Vineyard means he wanted it for campaign footage. He understood how well the symbolism MV & cruelty to immigrants would play at the the next GOP Convention.
It will really excite the miser class
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Exactly. Didn't know about the videographer. They could have announced it a few hours bf they arrived but instead wanted to cause the most misery to people.
PaulS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2022, 01:27 PM   #27
Pete F.
Canceled
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: vt
Posts: 12,617
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
there is no earthly reason why southern border states should bear the burden of clowns in DC ( both parties!) choosing not to do their jobs. Every state should take a proportional share, it’s a federal issue. If liberal states want to declare themselves “sanctuaries” and therefore incentivize more illegals to come, they should get a disproportionate share. You want “em , you got ‘em.
The Martha’s Vineyard incident is a poignant reminder that the central conceit and defining principle of Republican politics is that everyone is secretly as cruel as they are, and surely nobody would genuinely want to help the people Republicans pack into planes and ship off to faraway liberal locales.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Lets Go Darwin
Pete F. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2022, 01:58 PM   #28
Jim in CT
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 19,756
Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulS View Post
so the conservative states are just going to send immigrants to small communities w/o notifying anyone? Shows a total lack of compassion to use them as pawns.
paul, are border states bearing a heavy burden due to the federal governments i willingness to seal the border?

so you don’t care when the illegals show up, “without notifying anyone”, in small border towns. That’s ok. But when they start sent to small liberal towns ( who claim to want them), then all of a sudden there’s a crisis.

as john said, the numbers sent are less than what individual border state sees in a single day, 365 days a year.

If liberals lived in the southern border, in the next nanosecond they’d stop saying walls are racist.
Jim in CT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2022, 02:06 PM   #29
Jim in CT
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 19,756
Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulS View Post
Why do I care?
Well, you said it was "smart" when someone else posted that covoid deaths are a reason why there are a huge number of unfilled jobs. I don't see data to support that, and the demographics of covid deaths suggest that covid deaths aren't likely a big reason why. Getting people addicted to generous unemployment benefits may have been a larger contributor. But I doubt you care bout that either, because it doesn't serve liberalism.
Jim in CT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2022, 02:08 PM   #30
Jim in CT
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 19,756
Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
Still waiting on what’s changed on the border .


Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
How about way more people crossing, way more fentanyl overdoses killing Americans?

You aren't aware of anything different at the border today, compared to 2 years ago, seriously?
Jim in CT is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:08 PM.


Powered by vBulletin. Copyright ©2000 - 2008, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Please use all necessary and proper safety precautions. STAY SAFE Striper Talk Forums
Copyright 1998-20012 Striped-Bass.com