Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

     

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Right Nav

Left Container Right Container
 

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 09-27-2022, 03:03 PM   #151
wdmso
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Somerset MA
Posts: 8,405
I read this on another news site.

This about sums it up..


Rs are not actually interested in public opinion or responding to the will of the majority. They are interested in providing psychological cover for their cultish followers, allowing them to retain the fantasy that they are not in fact a small minority opinion in the country.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
wdmso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2022, 03:11 PM   #152
Jim in CT
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 19,865
Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
I read this on another news site.

This about sums it up..


Rs are not actually interested in public opinion or responding to the will of the majority. They are interested in providing psychological cover for their cultish followers, allowing them to retain the fantasy that they are not in fact a small minority opinion in the country.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
That is so accurate and insightful.
Jim in CT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2022, 05:05 PM   #153
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator
iTrader: (0)
 
The Dad Fisherman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Georgetown MA
Posts: 18,086
News Site


Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
The Dad Fisherman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2022, 08:32 AM   #154
wdmso
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Somerset MA
Posts: 8,405
What's the meaning of sanctuary city?
In general, a sanctuary city is a community with a policy, written or unwritten, that discourages local law enforcement from reporting the immigration status of individuals unless it involves investigation of a serious crime. These sanctuary communities go beyond cities,

More info for those who say sanctuary cities a lot. But have no idea what it means

Basically they will not do the federal government’s job . When it comes to immigration laws.. yet they will still arrest and conduct prosecution of migrant if crimes are committed..
wdmso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2022, 08:33 AM   #155
wdmso
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Somerset MA
Posts: 8,405
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dad Fisherman View Post
News Site


Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
You don’t believe news stories period regardless of the source
wdmso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2022, 08:55 AM   #156
Jim in CT
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 19,865
Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
You don’t believe news stories period regardless of the source
yes, TDF is the extremist. Not the guy who never ever disagrees with, or criticizes, his own side. a ot the guy who thinks one side walks in water, and the other side is pure evil.

Last edited by Jim in CT; 09-28-2022 at 09:03 AM..
Jim in CT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2022, 10:54 AM   #157
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator
iTrader: (0)
 
The Dad Fisherman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Georgetown MA
Posts: 18,086
Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
You don’t believe news stories period regardless of the source
Certainly not when you post them

Look at that quote you posted, does that look like news? C’mon
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

"If you're arguing with an idiot, make sure he isn't doing the same thing."
The Dad Fisherman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2022, 12:08 PM   #158
Jim in CT
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 19,865
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dad Fisherman View Post
Certainly not when you post them

Look at that quote you posted, does that look like news? C’mon
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
He's actually being generous, because as we all know, the GOP wants to kill everybody and sell their organs on ebay. We're pure evil. Not one single good policy idea. every single good idea comes from the left. This is why all the red states are such a hot mess that everyone is fleeing them to move to blue states. There's not a single suburb in a red state that offers a high quality of life. Not a one.
Jim in CT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2022, 12:17 PM   #159
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator
iTrader: (0)
 
The Dad Fisherman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Georgetown MA
Posts: 18,086
The problem is that he, as well as a large chunk of the country, considers that kind of Op-Ed crap actual news.
(Queue the MAGA cult insinuations)

This is why we’re so banged up right now.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
The Dad Fisherman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2022, 01:40 PM   #160
Jim in CT
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 19,865
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dad Fisherman View Post
The problem is that he, as well as a large chunk of the country, considers that kind of Op-Ed crap actual news.
(Queue the MAGA cult insinuations)

This is why we’re so banged up right now.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
it’s exactly why we’re so banged up right now, 80% of the country believes whatever gibberish comes from
their side without question. And it’s both sides. Both sides care more about winning than about fixing things.
Jim in CT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2022, 10:13 PM   #161
Pete F.
Canceled
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: vt
Posts: 12,662
Biden should be careful throwing FEMA money at Ron DeSantis. He has a strong record of misappropriation of funds.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Pete F. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2022, 07:45 AM   #162
wdmso
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Somerset MA
Posts: 8,405
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
it’s exactly why we’re so banged up right now, 80% of the country believes whatever gibberish comes from
their side without question. And it’s both sides. Both sides care more about winning than about fixing things.

Ah the both sides nonsense. Yep tds Scott and you Jim are clearly part of that 80% that believes whatever gibberish comes from their side without question

But you 3 keep convincing yourself’s of your independence and your ability to recognize Facts from fiction


Most Republicans still falsely believe Trump’s stolen election
In poll after poll, about 70% of Republicans say they don’t think Joe Biden is the legitimate winner of the 2020 election.

Yep both sides

Last edited by wdmso; 09-29-2022 at 07:56 AM..
wdmso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2022, 08:00 AM   #163
wdmso
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Somerset MA
Posts: 8,405
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dad Fisherman View Post
The problem is that he, as well as a large chunk of the country, considers that kind of Op-Ed crap actual news.
(Queue the MAGA cult insinuations)

This is why we’re so banged up right now.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Most MAGA universe get their news from 5 sources Newsmax OAN. Hannity Tucker , Lura Ingram

All leaders in journalistic excellence ( sarcasm)
wdmso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2022, 08:12 AM   #164
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator
iTrader: (0)
 
The Dad Fisherman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Georgetown MA
Posts: 18,086
Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
Most MAGA universe get their news from 5 sources Newsmax OAN. Hannity Tucker , Lura Ingram

All leaders in journalistic excellence ( sarcasm)
The only thing I go to Newsmax for is reruns of Last Man Standing, other than that, I don’t watch any of them.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

"If you're arguing with an idiot, make sure he isn't doing the same thing."
The Dad Fisherman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2022, 08:52 AM   #165
Jim in CT
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 19,865
Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
Ah the both sides nonsense. Yep tds Scott and you Jim are clearly part of that 80% that believes whatever gibberish comes from their side without question

But you 3 keep convincing yourself’s of your independence and your ability to recognize Facts from fiction


Most Republicans still falsely believe Trump’s stolen election
In poll after poll, about 70% of Republicans say they don’t think Joe Biden is the legitimate winner of the 2020 election.

Yep both sides
i can criticize my side. you can’t. not once, not ever. So tell me who the radical is.

I believe Biden won in 2020. That doesn’t mean i can’t believe the GOP has better policy ideas on crime, the economy, the border, all of which are a hot mess right now after 18 months of liberal control.

You refuse to co cede there are extremists on the left, yet you can’t name a single policy on which you think the left is wrong, and your every post bashed the right and praises the left. Not “most” of your posts. All of them.

How are you not a radical extremist? how would you argue that you’re not a radical extremist ideologue?

Last edited by Jim in CT; 09-29-2022 at 08:59 AM..
Jim in CT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2022, 11:13 AM   #166
wdmso
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Somerset MA
Posts: 8,405
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
i can criticize my side. you can’t. not once, not ever. So tell me who the radical is.

I believe Biden won in 2020. That doesn’t mean i can’t believe the GOP has better policy ideas on crime, the economy, the border, all of which are a hot mess right now after 18 months of liberal control.

You refuse to co cede there are extremists on the left, yet you can’t name a single policy on which you think the left is wrong, and your every post bashed the right and praises the left. Not “most” of your posts. All of them.

How are you not a radical extremist? how would you argue that you’re not a radical extremist ideologue?

Again get back to me when the Democratic Party try’s to overthrow a National election.. steal election machine data passing laws to restricting voting based on the lie of voter fraud

Oh wait you already think that has happened .. once again proving you don’t live in reality

Yes Jim there are like 4 members of the Democratic Party who I would consider extremist and have no power

The problem with your logic is the majority or Republicans are extremist…. And once again you are trying to suggest both are somehow the same and you’re willing to vote for there seditious leader

It’s like voting for a child Molester . Because they have better policy's on crime economy and the border..

I’d still take a guy who ask for a dead lady over a party that supports seditious behavior


Here’s a shocker that you would carry this talking point

There was no question that come fall, Republicans would go to the same sort of playbook that they’d been using for the last 25 years, which is trying to scare voters into the Republican column by blaming Democrats for crime, Crime has been a go-to Republican issue since at least the 1968

Last edited by wdmso; 09-29-2022 at 11:24 AM..
wdmso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2022, 11:37 AM   #167
scottw
Registered User
iTrader: (0)
 
scottw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 12,631
Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post

Republicans would go to the same sort of playbook that they’d been using for the last 25 years, which is trying to scare voters into the Republican column by blaming Democrats for crime,

\
democraps never try to scare voters into the democrap column.....
scottw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2022, 12:02 PM   #168
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator
iTrader: (0)
 
The Dad Fisherman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Georgetown MA
Posts: 18,086
Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
It’s like voting for a child Molester . Because they have better policy's on crime economy and the border..
Does sniffing them count?

"If you're arguing with an idiot, make sure he isn't doing the same thing."
The Dad Fisherman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2022, 12:06 PM   #169
Jim in CT
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 19,865
Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
Again get back to me when the Democratic Party try’s to overthrow a National election.. steal election machine data passing laws to restricting voting based on the lie of voter fraud

Oh wait you already think that has happened .. once again proving you don’t live in reality

Yes Jim there are like 4 members of the Democratic Party who I would consider extremist and have no power

The problem with your logic is the majority or Republicans are extremist…. And once again you are trying to suggest both are somehow the same and you’re willing to vote for there seditious leader

It’s like voting for a child Molester . Because they have better policy's on crime economy and the border..

I’d still take a guy who ask for a dead lady over a party that supports seditious behavior


Here’s a shocker that you would carry this talking point

There was no question that come fall, Republicans would go to the same sort of playbook that they’d been using for the last 25 years, which is trying to scare voters into the Republican column by blaming Democrats for crime, Crime has been a go-to Republican issue since at least the 1968
"Again get back to me when the Democratic Party try’s to overthrow a National election"

Again, in 2016, a small number of congressional democrats tried to do exactly that. That's exactly, precisely what they tried to do.

And I'm sorry, but you painted all republicans as kooks and all liberals as saints long before January 6th.

"The problem with your logic is the majority or Republicans are extremist…."

Says you...and Joy Behar. Sorry, that's not evidence. Even Trump isn't an extremist (not on policy), he advocated successfully for criminal justice reform and that's a liberal policy, not a conservative policy. Marjorie Taylor Green is an extremist and a kook.

On the left, the squad are mirror images of Marjorie Taylor Greene and they have a lot of influence.

"Republicans would go to the same sort of playbook that they’d been using for the last 25 years, which is trying to scare voters into the Republican column by blaming Democrats for crime, Crime has been a go-to Republican issue since at least the 1968"

Sorry, the democrats control the show and crime is way up, the economy is in a recession by the typical definition, and the border is a catastrophe.

Here's the shocker, you give democrats credit for all that's good and don't blame them for anything that's wrong.
Jim in CT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2022, 12:23 PM   #170
PaulS
Registered User
iTrader: (0)
 
PaulS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 9,887
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
"Again get back to me when the Democratic Party try’s to overthrow a National election"

Again, in 2016, a small number of congressional democrats tried to do exactly that. That's exactly, precisely what they tried to do.

.
How exactly did they try to overthrow a national election?
PaulS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2022, 12:41 PM   #171
Jim in CT
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 19,865
Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulS View Post
How exactly did they try to overthrow a national election?
You tell me, please, exactly what's wrong with the following response...

Trump won in 2016. As a result of their loss, a small number of congressional democrats tried to throw out the election results in a few states which Trump won, when there was no evidence any cheating took place in those states. Their effort failed, it was a flop. But they tried. Democrats in the house of representatives tried to overturn an election, for the sole reason that they didn't win.

It failed obviously. But that's what they tried to do. Biden, to his credit, told them at the time to knock it off. They proceeded with their attempt, and couldn't get NEARLY enough democrats to go along with them.

Some of them are still in Congress.

That's what happened. Just because Wayne hates it, doesn't mean it didn't happen. And as well-informed as you are, I have to say I find it hard to believe that you aren't aware this happened.

And then influential democrats were taking full page ads out in the New York Times begging electors not to vote for Trump. Those weren't elected democrats, just crybabies among the general population.

From the following link: "Jackson Lee and her allies argued that widespread voter suppression in states won by Trump tarnished the results. "

https://www.politico.com/story/2017/...allenge-233294
Jim in CT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2022, 12:49 PM   #172
scottw
Registered User
iTrader: (0)
 
scottw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 12,631
Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulS View Post
How exactly did they try to overthrow a national election?
NEWSWEEK TOP 5 US Rigged Elections

The Wall Street Journal first reported that Gore's team "has been checking into the background of Republican electors with an eye toward persuading a handful of them to vote for Mr. Gore."

Beckel insisted afterward he never had plans to try to blackmail electors to collect Gore votes, which he thought the article implied. But in an interview on Fox News on November 17, 2000, Beckel said: "I'm trying to kidnap electors. Whatever it takes." Beckel later explained what the Founders wanted: "The idea was that electors, early on, were to be lobbied."

Pro-Gore websites even started popping up, listing the names and contact information of Republican electors across the country, asking the public to barrage them with demands to vote for Gore and follow the will of the people.

scottw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2022, 12:55 PM   #173
PaulS
Registered User
iTrader: (0)
 
PaulS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 9,887
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
You tell me, please, exactly what's wrong with the following response...

Trump won in 2016. As a result of their loss, a small number of congressional democrats tried to throw out the election results in a few states which Trump won, when there was no evidence any cheating took place in those states. Their effort failed, it was a flop. But they tried. Democrats in the house of representatives tried to overturn an election, for the sole reason that they didn't win.
I'm asking a simple question. How did they try to "overthrow a national election"?

o·ver·throw
[overthrow]
VERB
remove forcibly from power:
"military coups which had attempted to overthrow the King"
synonyms:
remove (from office/power) · bring down · bring about the downfall of · topple · bring low · undo · depose · oust · displace · supplant · unseat · subvert · dethrone · disestablish · dissolve · put an end to · defeat · conquer · break up · annihilate
PaulS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2022, 12:56 PM   #174
Jim in CT
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 19,865
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottw View Post
NEWSWEEK TOP 5 US Rigged Elections

The Wall Street Journal first reported that Gore's team "has been checking into the background of Republican electors with an eye toward persuading a handful of them to vote for Mr. Gore."

Beckel insisted afterward he never had plans to try to blackmail electors to collect Gore votes, which he thought the article implied. But in an interview on Fox News on November 17, 2000, Beckel said: "I'm trying to kidnap electors. Whatever it takes." Beckel later explained what the Founders wanted: "The idea was that electors, early on, were to be lobbied."

Pro-Gore websites even started popping up, listing the names and contact information of Republican electors across the country, asking the public to barrage them with demands to vote for Gore and follow the will of the people.

It's OK when they do it Scott.

Nobody likes losing, and I hate it as much as anyone. But every single politically-motivated riot from the last 50 years was waged by democrats until January 6th, so I don't like getting lectured about civility from the folks that burned cities down in the summer of 2020 which was infinitely more deadly and destructive than January 6th.
Jim in CT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2022, 01:04 PM   #175
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator
iTrader: (0)
 
The Dad Fisherman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Georgetown MA
Posts: 18,086
Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
Again get back to me when the Democratic Party try’s to overthrow a National election..
You may want to make sure Wayne reads this definition too....


Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulS View Post
I'm asking a simple question. How did they try to "overthrow a national election"?

o·ver·throw
[overthrow]
VERB
remove forcibly from power:
"military coups which had attempted to overthrow the King"
synonyms:
remove (from office/power) · bring down · bring about the downfall of · topple · bring low · undo · depose · oust · displace · supplant · unseat · subvert · dethrone · disestablish · dissolve · put an end to · defeat · conquer · break up · annihilate

"If you're arguing with an idiot, make sure he isn't doing the same thing."
The Dad Fisherman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2022, 01:08 PM   #176
PaulS
Registered User
iTrader: (0)
 
PaulS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 9,887
Do you ever post anything other an attempt to insult? You're getting to be SD lite.
PaulS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2022, 01:17 PM   #177
Jim in CT
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 19,865
Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulS View Post
I'm asking a simple question. How did they try to "overthrow a national election"?

o·ver·throw
[overthrow]
VERB
remove forcibly from power:
"military coups which had attempted to overthrow the King"
synonyms:
remove (from office/power) · bring down · bring about the downfall of · topple · bring low · undo · depose · oust · displace · supplant · unseat · subvert · dethrone · disestablish · dissolve · put an end to · defeat · conquer · break up · annihilate
I responded exactly on point. Trump won in 2016, and a small number of congressional democrats attempted to "bring about his downfall", to "dethrone" him, to "undo" his win, to "oust" him, to "supplant" him with someone else, to "subvert" the results of a fair election.

Trump won in 2016. They tried to un-do his win. They had zero constitutional basis to do do, they just hated that they lost. Is that true, or is that false?

Why is it OK when democrats do it?
Jim in CT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2022, 01:56 PM   #178
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator
iTrader: (0)
 
The Dad Fisherman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Georgetown MA
Posts: 18,086
Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulS View Post
Do you ever post anything other an attempt to insult? You're getting to be SD lite.
Why was that an insult? That was sarcasm. Wayne brought the word “Overthrow” into the conversation. Just want to make sure he understands it too.

Just trying to achieve Equity, equal outcome for all
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

"If you're arguing with an idiot, make sure he isn't doing the same thing."
The Dad Fisherman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2022, 02:15 PM   #179
PaulS
Registered User
iTrader: (0)
 
PaulS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 9,887
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
I responded exactly on point. Trump won in 2016, and a small number of congressional democrats attempted to "bring about his downfall", to "dethrone" him, to "undo" his win, to "oust" him, to "supplant" him with someone else, to "subvert" the results of a fair election.

Trump won in 2016. They tried to un-do his win. They had zero constitutional basis to do do, they just hated that they lost. Is that true, or is that false?

Why is it OK when democrats do it?
How did they attempt to dethrone him or bring about his downfall? By going to court or saying something?
PaulS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2022, 02:24 PM   #180
Jim in CT
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 19,865
Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulS View Post
How did they attempt to dethrone him or bring about his downfall? By going to court or saying something?
last time, it’s in the link, they tried to decertify the results in some states that trump won, when they had zero evidence that anything improper happened

you’re all over place. you pasted the definition of overthrow which blew up right in your face as they explicitly satisfied at least a half dozen definitions you provided.

I don’t even know what you’re saying now. But the dems lost in 2016, and some tried to undermine the fair election because they didn’t like the result. They made a proposal in Congress and couldn’t get enough people to get on board. but they tried. They tried to throw out an election result because they lost.

Like talking to a dim witted child.
Jim in CT is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:54 AM.


Powered by vBulletin. Copyright ©2000 - 2008, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Please use all necessary and proper safety precautions. STAY SAFE Striper Talk Forums
Copyright 1998-20012 Striped-Bass.com