Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » The Scuppers

The Scuppers This is a new forum for the not necessarily fishing related topics...

Old 03-05-2012, 07:38 PM   #1
Hookedagain

Lemon Laws doesn't mean CRAP!!!

I purchased a 2008 Ford F350 (No laughing Andy) in December. Drove off the lot and literally 3 miles down the road and the check engine light came on. He took the truck to his friends shop and they replaced the 2 cam sensors. All set right? Uhh...not so much. Two hours later the light is back on. I called the dealer and he now wants to take the truck to Tasca, they have the proper scanning equipment. Tasca had it for 2 days and tell me you're "All set". Well as it turns out I wasn't "All set" because 4 days later the check engine light came on. Back to Tasca for another attempt at repairing this issue. Meanwhile I have made it clear to the used car dealer that I would like him to return my check to me and I will be on my merry way. The next day I get the truck back and all is well...so I thought. After less than a week the light is back on. Now I have all I can do to NOT flip out on him. I want my money back!!!! I keep getting his life story about his divorce and the economy..blah..blah..blah. He told me he does not have the money to buy the truck back and he wants to have Tasca take it again because they failed to fix it and they're responsible for it. So, it goes to Tasca. While it is there I contact the Attorney Generals office. They take my complaint and process it, then turn it over to the New Bedford office. They called me and told me they are going to contact him and help me get my money back. Great! We're getting somewhere. A week later thry tell me he doesn't have the money and he can't take the truck back. WTF!!! Thats it?? Well sir you can take him to court yourself. What it the purpose of Marther Coakley and her consumer program? They did absolutely NOTHING for me except waste my time and eat up time on my 60 day warranty. I don't have $4,000-$5,000 for the attorney. My warranty has expired and I still have a truck with issues.

Anyone want to buy a nice truck??
Hookedagain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 07:56 PM   #2
thefishingfreak
"Fishbucket"

Buyer beware.
Take it to autozone and have them scan it for free that way you know what the problem is. Chances are your guy is just clearing the code and sending you on your way. That way you can go back to him knowing exactly the problem and what it will take to fix it. Probly an o2 sensor or something similar that they don't want to sink the money into so they just keep clearing the codes.
There's a reason they call them use car dealers.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
thefishingfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 08:44 PM   #3
Redsoxticket

Mount billboard on your truck with words of your choosing outside his business.

"I have a lemon and ___________ will not return my money"
Redsoxticket is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 08:52 PM   #4
Slipknot
Super Moderator

take Mikes' advice

if that happened to me, I'd be tempted to park in front of his place, put a brick on the gas pedal with door open and slam it into drive

holy crap
scumbag full of excuses

you are right, why aren't they doing anything for you? what a joke
Slipknot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 09:35 PM   #5
Hookedagain

The post above was the short version. I know exactly what the problem(s) are. I had it scanned at a Kia dealership before bringing it back each time. My brother in law is the parts manager at Kia of Swansea and I trust the tech there. In a nut shell ford wants to replace the motor due to an issue with oil pressure. Its causing the computer to throw a cam code. It has a clogged oil port somewhere and the cam phasers are getting false readings and sending wrong messages to the cam sensors. This all results in a truck that runs like poop. All info was sent to Ford engineers and their diognisis was to replace the short block.

I was searching around on CL and found my truck for sale by the dealer, a month after I owned it. ILLEAGAL!!! Also found out he bought the truck from the auction with the check engine light ON. I had a friend call and inquire about it and he told him he doesn't actually own the truck but to call the Fall River Fire dept and ask for me and I could give him the details about the sale.

SCUMBAG!!!

If I didn't need the truck for transportation it would be in front of his lot with a sign. Curious to see how this plays out.
Old 03-05-2012, 10:08 PM   #6
tysdad115

Ouch, sorry to hear that. That does happen if engine isn't maintained and the only fix is usually replacement as the sludge builds up and blocks the oil feeds. Simple lack of maintenance...there are some "flush" products you can try. Call me, I will get you something that is reliable and might help loosen the sludge. But if the engine itself is severely sludged it will not help.
tysdad115 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 10:31 PM   #7
Hookedagain

this one is a gas model. I should have never gotten rid of the diesel. I'm going back to diesel. Actually looking at the duramax as the 6.0 and 6.4 ford powerstrokes are problematic. and I can't afford a 6.7 in the 2011 and 2012, not paying 55 big ones for a truck.
Old 03-06-2012, 06:49 AM   #8
tysdad115

If your looking at GM trucks send me the VIN. I will run it to make sure it has a clean title and check the warranty history.
tysdad115 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 06:51 AM   #9
thefishingfreak
"Fishbucket"

Park it across the street from the dealer with a giant picket sign saying how they ripped you off and refuse to leave without refund.
Old 03-06-2012, 09:52 AM   #10
Swimmer
Retired Surfer

I'd call the AG's office back again and tell them you are going on a crusade publically against her reelection if you dont receive service from them on your initial complaint. He has the money or he wouldn't still be there. He has the money or he wouldn't still be going to auctions buying cars for CASH. Or you can go to small claims and tuck it to him. The chapter and section of Mass. Gen. Laws that pertain to this is chap. 90-Sec. N, Sec. N 1/4 and Sec. N 1/2.

Swimmer a.k.a. YO YO MA
Serial Mailbox Killer/Seal Fisherman
Swimmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 09:53 AM   #11
Swimmer
Retired Surfer

What the name of the dealership? Lets start a letter writing campaign to the Standard Times about the jamoke.

Swimmer a.k.a. YO YO MA
Serial Mailbox Killer/Seal Fisherman
Swimmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 10:39 AM   #12
Raider Ronnie

Send a message via AIM to Raider Ronnie
Drive the truck through the front of his building.
Then call your ins co and tell them the brakes failed.
Raider Ronnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 11:34 AM   #13
FishermanTim

Now that's a good one!
If the issue were an oil leak you could squirt some oil around the brakes and claim it was related to the other issue, and that you were bringing it back to have them fix it.

As for the sign idea, have it carry TWO slogans:

One about the car dealer that doesn't care about the customer as long as he gets your cash!

The other about the Atty Gen. who also doen't care about the same consumers that voted her sorry ass into office!
Maybe you could contact Sen. Scott Brown and see if he can beat some sense into her AGAIN!!!
FishermanTim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 12:33 PM   #14
Nebe

i heard a story once of a guy who got the shaft from a used car dealer.. the dealer totally screwed the guy over and showed no remorse, so the other guy bought a few cases of duraflame logs and layed them under the gas tank of ever car in his lot on a windless night.. lit them all very quickly and sped off.. thats some serious retaliations.
Nebe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 01:10 PM   #15
thefishingfreak
"Fishbucket"

I filed a claim in small claims court seeking triple damages for charging me for an extended warrantee I never received. They settled quickly. Don't be afraid to go to small claims court it's only 40bux and if they loose they have to pay that as well.
Old 03-06-2012, 01:47 PM   #16
chefchris401
Chris Blouin

Henry that sucks.

First off tasca is the worst ford dealer for customer service. I don't care how many awards they win. There the worst. Weve always been a ford family and after two incidents there I will never go back.

Lemon laws are different state to state I believe. When I got my used Mazda tribute I had issues right away, everything was well documented and I called the ag office right away. After a few times back and forth I got a brand new tranny from fall river ford instead of the "speciality transmission place" the dealer suggested. Btw the vehicle was not purchased tasca

There's a guy in Bristol who has a white dodge Dakota and has vinyl decals all over of lemons and it says " I got my lemon ------ dealer, please ask me about my lemon"

It's a pretty funny truck to see driving around but it gets the point across and now everytime I see that dealer or a commercial for it I think of that truck.

I've had nothing but great dealings with fall river ford. Maybe there's something they could do?

Sorry to hear about the hassles man.
chefchris401 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 03:09 PM   #17
Hookedagain

Tasca was AWESOME!!! They can only do what the dealer was willing to pay for. Gerry's Auto Wholesale G.A.R. Hwy Swansea Ma. Please spread the word to not buy anything from this guy.
Old 03-07-2012, 11:51 AM   #18
FishermanTim

As long as you've documented everything, send the dealer a letter explaining what you expect from him and what you will do if he doesn't comply. If he basically tells you to pound sand you can proceed with the small claims lawsuit and definitely mention the treble damages.

Most people will cringe at the thought of having to pay three times an amount that they could have paid once for if they a real business.

Then after you win your case, go with the negative ad campaign for added satisfaction!
Old 03-07-2012, 04:13 PM   #19
Hookedagain

Just spoke with Susan Hogan from Channel 12. They have a segment called turn to 12 where she takes all the info and put him on the spot on the news. Should be great advertising for him.
Old 03-08-2012, 03:13 PM   #20
FishermanTim

Ahhhh, the media......they love to rake the scumbags over the coals on air just to see them squirm!!!

That should wake him up to the fact that you aren't going to go away!
Old 03-08-2012, 07:52 PM   #21
likwid
lobster = striper bait

Send a message via AIM to likwid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hookedagain View Post
Tasca was AWESOME!!! They can only do what the dealer was willing to pay for. Gerry's Auto Wholesale G.A.R. Hwy Swansea Ma. Please spread the word to not buy anything from this guy.
I know they're cheaper, but you're just ASKING for problems going to a non-dealer used car scamsman.

Ski Quicks Hole
likwid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 05:23 PM   #22
Hookedagain

I am finally getting somewhere with the Attorney Generals Office. We are going to arbitration. We'll see how this goes.