Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 11-19-2018, 01:33 PM   #1
detbuch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
“Veterans Day often follows a hard-fought political campaign, an exercise in the free speech and self-government that you fought for. It often lays bare disagreements across our nation. But the American instinct has never been to find isolation in opposite corners. It is to find strength in our common creed, to forge unity from our great diversity, to sustain that strength and unity even when it is hard.

“It’s the example of the single most diverse institution in our country—soldiers, sailors, airmen, marines, and coastguardsmen who represent every corner of our country, every shade of humanity, immigrant and native-born, Christian, Muslim, Jew, and nonbeliever alike, all forged into common service.”
Barack Obama at Arlington, Veterans Day 2016

I suppose he could have stayed in the White House and sulked.
He regrets that he didn't go, and says he should have gone, but he reveals, contrary to the false notions created by various media. This is a very good interview with him by Chris Wallace. It covers a lot of things, including what HE means by fake news as opposed to what the media says he means:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...&v=e9pPFpGoy5E
Old 11-19-2018, 02:15 PM   #2
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
Originally Posted by detbuch View Post
He regrets that he didn't go, and says he should have gone, but he reveals, contrary to the false notions created by various media. This is a very good interview with him by Chris Wallace. It covers a lot of things, including what HE means by fake news as opposed to what the media says he means:

I don't have time to rebut all of Trumps false claims in this interview, he continually issues false statements or half-truths and claims that they are true.
Listen to this supposed Clinton supporter, who's given more to this country than Trump could ever think of
https://youtu.be/K5D6z0VSpEc

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Lets Go Darwin
Old 11-19-2018, 02:32 PM   #3
scottw

Quote:

I don't have time to rebut all of Trumps false claims in this interview

sure ya do...

go for it .
Old 11-19-2018, 02:34 PM   #4
spence

Quote:
I don't have time to rebut all of Trumps false claims in this interview, he continually issues false statements or half-truths and claims that they are true.
Listen to this supposed Clinton supporter, who's given more to this country than Trump could ever think of
Not to mention disparaging such a respected and dedicated military hero. You have to wonder if he has any concept for patriotism, sacrifice, duty...
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Old 11-19-2018, 08:02 PM   #5
Sea Dangles

Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
Not to mention disparaging such a respected and dedicated military hero. You have to wonder if he has any concept for patriotism, sacrifice, duty...
Bring back the respect that Obama displayed.

I hear that he bent over for the military,or something like that.

PRO CHOICE REPUBLICAN
Old 11-19-2018, 09:51 PM   #6
spence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sea Dangles View Post
Bring back the respect that Obama displayed.

I hear that he bent over for the military,or something like that.
Did Obama disparage war heros? Please open up a little.
Old 11-20-2018, 12:44 PM   #7
Sea Dangles

Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
Did Obama disparage war heros? Please open up a little.
Not to my knowledge Jeff. But as always, actions speak louder than words. More than half the troops surveyed gave an unfavorable evaluation to Obama.It is well chronicled in a book titled Conduct Unbecoming : How Barack Obama is Destroying Our Military and Endangering our Security.

PRO CHOICE REPUBLICAN
Old 11-20-2018, 01:35 PM   #8
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sea Dangles View Post
Not to my knowledge Jeff. But as always, actions speak louder than words. More than half the troops surveyed gave an unfavorable evaluation to Obama.It is well chronicled in a book titled Conduct Unbecoming : How Barack Obama is Destroying Our Military and Endangering our Security.
Some guy wrote a book, it might be true.
Here's a contemporaneous article from Military Times and it is interesting to look at the things the rank and file was unhappy and happy about.

"President Barack Obama will step down after eight years as commander in chief with one of the most influential tenures leading the U.S. military, but not necessarily the political support of service members.

His moves to slim down the armed forces, move away from traditional military might and overhaul social policies prohibiting the service of minority groups have proven divisive in the ranks. His critics have accused him of trading a strong security posture for political points, and for allowing the rise of terrorists like the Islamic State group whom the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan were supposed to silence.

But Obama’s supporters define him as the Nobel Peace Prize winner who ordered the elimination of Osama bin Laden and refocused military strategy while wrestling with an uncooperative Congress and unprecedented budget restrictions. They insist the military is more nimble now, and more prepared to deal with unconventional warfare against non-traditional threats across the globe.

More than half of troops surveyed in the latest Military Times/Institute for Veterans and Military Families poll said they have an unfavorable opinion of Obama and his two-terms leading the military. About 36 percent said they approve of his job as commander in chief.

Their complaints include the president’s decision to decrease military personnel (71 percent think it should be higher), his moves to withdraw combat troops from Iraq (59 percent say it made America less safe) and his lack of focus on the biggest dangers facing America (64 percent say China represents a significant threat to the U.S.)

But more than two-thirds support Obama's mantra that securing America means building strong alliances with foreign powers. And more than 60 percent think his use of drones and special forces teams for precision strikes — instead of large-scale military operations — has helped U.S. national security.

That’s a conflicted response to a president who entered the White House vowing to end U.S. involvement in Iraq and Afghanistan but instead leaves as the first American president to oversee two full terms with combat troops deployed to hostile zones."

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Lets Go Darwin
Old 11-19-2018, 02:32 PM   #9
spence

Quote:
Originally Posted by detbuch View Post

He regrets not going because of the bad press, not because it means anything to him personally.

As for the interview, he didn’t look good.