Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Main Forum » StriperTalk!

StriperTalk! All things Striper

Old 01-23-2018, 06:24 PM   #31
zimmy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sea Dangles View Post
Let the hate fill you Zimmy,it feeds the flames of victory.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
I don't hate the pats. I hate the cowboys. But the cowboys Superbowls aren't tainted other than the general stink associated with the cowboys. Neither are the great years of 49ers, Steelers, Giants etc. It is actually really too bad. Mostly unnecessary too.
Go birds.

No, no, no. we’re 30… 30, three zero.
zimmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2018, 08:40 PM   #32
Sea Dangles

Quote:
Originally Posted by zimmy View Post
I don't hate the pats. I hate the cowboys. But the cowboys Superbowls aren't tainted other than the general stink associated with the cowboys. Neither are the great years of 49ers, Steelers, Giants etc. It is actually really too bad. Mostly unnecessary too.
Go birds.
Yup,all tainted. Even after spygate we won.even after deflate gate we won. Keep bringing your jealousy for the next couple weeks!

PRO CHOICE REPUBLICAN
Sea Dangles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2018, 06:57 PM   #33
ProfessorM
Uncle Remus

Hey I am a cowboy fan.
ProfessorM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2018, 07:00 PM   #34
In The Surf
Where'd he go?

Quote:
Go birds.
Really
I find statements like this amusing.
So all that stickum Rice used on his gloves back in the day was ok? (and he still doesn't feel he was cheating)?
Coach Tomlin attempting to interfere with a Ravens player streaking down the sideline.
A Rodgers and E Manning using balls with air pressure outside the Leagues permitted air pressure range.
P Mannings use of HGH to heal and regain strength after multiple neck surgeries (We know it was mailed to their home under his wifes name and that a forensic tech goon squad in trench coats went to his and his wife's drs office to scrub their files).
Herm Edwards admitting that his team's and others were stealing signals.
It it helps the whining haters feel better so be it.
I love it when Bruschi, McGuinest and R Harrison address the cheating accusations on the networks that employ them.
In The Surf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2018, 09:07 PM   #35
zimmy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfessorM View Post
Hey I am a cowboy fan.
It's ok. I have met some nice ones
The blowing it off as jealousy and hate may make some people feel better, but it is pretty bogus. I loved Lance Armstrong and Floyd Landis. Now they disgust me. It isn't jealousy or hate. As far as stickum on gloves or even deflated balls, they are nothing. The video b.s. is akin to cyclists doping.

Old 01-24-2018, 09:24 PM   #36
Slipknot
Super Moderator

The Pats were not hiding anything or denying filming from the wrong place, they were overly punished and moved on. the rest of the world has not.
As far as air pressure, the Pats denied tampering with the balls and the NFL took the other side and went out of their way to try to show it was probable Tom knew about it. They did not buy the science of cold weather which is the truth but you haters believe what you want if it makes you sleep better at night.

The team goes out of their way to be sure to follow all procedures correctly especially since 2007 and yet because they are a level above other teams it is just assumed that they must cheat. That is very unfair to all the players and coaches who work their collective asses off to be successful.

The United States Constitution does not exist to grant you rights; those rights are inherent within you. Rather it exists to frame a limited government so that those natural rights can be exercised freely.

1984 was a warning, not a guidebook!

It's time more people spoke up with the truth. Every time we let a leftist lie go uncorrected, the commies get stronger.
Slipknot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2018, 09:32 PM   #37
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

The more you hate the more we win, keep up the good work.
Got Stripers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2018, 09:53 PM   #38
zimmy

Read this article from the Times last year and found it pretty fascinating from a psychological aspect. Applies not only to our sports preferences, but obviously politics, religion, etc
https://mobile.nytimes.com/2017/02/0...-cheating.html
Old 01-24-2018, 09:53 PM   #39
fishbones

Quote:
Go birds.
Do you realize the Eagles have a player who was suspended for 10 games last year for his second positive PED test?

What about the tampering with Byron Maxwell a couple years ago?

It’s ok to admit you hate the Patriots. You say you don’t but your actions say otherwise.

Conservatism is not about leaving people behind. Conservatism is about empowering people to catch up, to give them tools at their disposal that make it possible for them to access all the hope, all the promise, all the opportunity that America offers. - Marco Rubio
fishbones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2018, 09:56 PM   #40
zimmy

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishbones View Post
Do you realize the Eagles have a player who was suspended for 10 games last year for his second positive PED test?

What about the tampering with Byron Maxwell a couple years ago?

It’s ok to admit you hate the Patriots. You say you don’t but your actions say otherwise.
Dismissing it as hate is really lame and tired. Luckily the dynasty ends next week!

Old 01-24-2018, 10:32 PM   #41
Sea Dangles

You are petty Zimmy,even if the Pats lose(vegas disagrees) the dynasty is intact. Your envy is showing.
Old 01-24-2018, 11:14 PM   #42
JohnR
Certifiable Intertidal Anguiologist

Someone posted elsewhere:

The Patriots will do literally anything to gain an edge...

‘Potentially Hazardous’ Asteroid to Pass by Earth on Super Bowl Sunday

http://nymag.com/daily/intelligencer...&utm_medium=s1

~Fix the Bait~ ~Pogies Forever~

Striped Bass Fishing - All Stripers

Kobayashi Maru Election - there is no way to win.

Apocalypse is Coming:
JohnR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2018, 11:27 PM   #43
fishbones

Quote:
Dismissing it as hate is really lame and tired. Luckily the dynasty ends next week!
Jealousy breeds contempt. Contempt = hatred.
It’s really weak to pull the cheater card when the teams you mentioned as having done it clean have worse track records than the Patriots. It’s all good though. Us Patriots fans love the hatred. It reminds us how good they really must be to get fans of other teams so emotional and irrational.

Conservatism is not about leaving people behind. Conservatism is about empowering people to catch up, to give them tools at their disposal that make it possible for them to access all the hope, all the promise, all the opportunity that America offers. - Marco Rubio
Old 01-25-2018, 06:35 AM   #44
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfessorM View Post
Hey I am a cowboy fan.
Thoughts and Prayers sent.

"If you're arguing with an idiot, make sure he isn't doing the same thing."
The Dad Fisherman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2018, 06:45 AM   #45
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

Quote:
Don't you know that Doping isn't akin to Doping, Video taping from an unauthorized location is akin to Doping. That sounds logical.

Quote:
The video b.s. is akin to cyclists doping.

"If you're arguing with an idiot, make sure he isn't doing the same thing."
The Dad Fisherman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2018, 09:08 AM   #46
zimmy

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dad Fisherman View Post
Don't you know that Doping isn't akin to Doping, Video taping from an unauthorized location is akin to Doping. That sounds logical.
Come on boys, facts matter. Lane took an over the counter NFL approved amino acid. The compound contained an unlisted ingredient on the banned list. He should have had it tested through the teams program and blew it. That is not equal to the systematic steroid doping done by the cyclists and certainly did not play into championships the way spygate and the cyclist doping did.

And all cause I used the term balls deflated to indicate new england fans

Old 01-25-2018, 09:39 AM   #47
Cool Beans

Quote:
That is not equal to the systematic steroid doping done by the cyclists and certainly did not play into championships the way spygate and the cyclist doping did.
It all makes sense now, it is only Cheating if you won. If you "broke rules" and lost then you are just victims of the cheater that won.

Now I understand why only the Patriots cheat and only white people can be racist.......

GO PATS
Cool Beans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2018, 10:45 AM   #48
Sea Dangles

Quote:
Come on boys, facts matter. Lane took an over the counter NFL approved amino acid. The compound contained an unlisted ingredient on the banned list. He should have had it tested through the teams program and blew it. That is not equal to the systematic steroid doping done by the cyclists and certainly did not play into championships the way spygate and the cyclist doping did.

Sounds like a competitive advantage to me

PRO CHOICE REPUBLICAN
Old 01-25-2018, 11:28 AM   #49
MAKAI
Too old to give a....

If your team isn’t playing, Puppy bowl has a half time kitten show this year.
MAKAI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2018, 08:53 PM   #50
fishbones

Quote:

So if Lane gets a pass on the first suspension, what’s your excuse for the second? Same guy suspended twice looks pretty bad. When you combine that with the tampering, bounties on other players and their own QB admitting to deflating balls, the Eagles don’t look so good. But I’m sure you can justify all of that 🤪

Old 01-25-2018, 09:38 PM   #51
zimmy

Quote:
So if Lane gets a pass on the first suspension, what’s your excuse for the second? Same guy suspended twice looks pretty bad. When you combine that with the tampering, bounties on other players and their own QB admitting to deflating balls, the Eagles don’t look so good. But I’m sure you can justify all of that 🤪
That was the second one The first was a medicine he was prescribed. He admitted guilt for not following policy. Both times. And you are going back to a claim by a Dallas coach that Buddy Ryan put a bounty on Dallas players? Patriots cheating is like Sosa and Mcgwire cheating. They put up all-time numbers, but most people view their HR results as tainted.

Again, no one would have cared at all about deflategate except for the patterned behavior and the Pats results. If they were the Browns no one would care. It is the way it is. Also, the Patriots never admit it anything, evidence gets destroyed, etc. Lane Johnson admitted each time that he screwed up. That counts for something, right

Old 01-25-2018, 10:09 PM   #52
fishbones

Quote:
That was the second one The first was a medicine he was prescribed. He admitted guilt for not following policy. Both times. And you are going back to a claim by a Dallas coach that Buddy Ryan put a bounty on Dallas players? Patriots cheating is like Sosa and Mcgwire cheating. They put up all-time numbers, but most people view their HR results as tainted.

Again, no one would have cared at all about deflategate except for the patterned behavior and the Pats results. If they were the Browns no one would care. It is the way it is. Also, the Patriots never admit it anything, evidence gets destroyed, etc. Lane Johnson admitted each time that he screwed up. That counts for something, right
Yes, Lane admitted he’s a cheater. The Patriots admitted they filmed from an area they weren’t supposed to. Not even close to the doping analogy you reached for earlier. Sosa and McGuire? Please explain that one? Not even close. They did what every other team does and admitted they did it from an area they shouldn’t have. It’s all fueled by jealousy, which is really entertaining to us fans. It’s funny how the Pats do what other teams get caught doing and/or admit to doing and they get punished. The other teams get a lesser punishment or none at all. Then the haters say the league is making the Pats win by helping them with calls, etc.... I’d love to hear someone give a rational explanation for that.

Old 01-25-2018, 10:59 PM   #53
MAKAI
Too old to give a....

I anyone thinks that the bulk of NFL players are not on HGH or some other chem, you’re delusional.
We want our gladiator games to be like this. Bigger, faster, stronger, quick recovery means more money for everyone. Owners, players, TV, advertisers etc...
MAKAI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2018, 07:02 AM   #54
Sea Dangles

Let me get this straight,all you have to do is confess to your misdeeds and you get exonerated? That is all a team or player needs to do in order to get a pass from you Zimmy? If Clemens admits to using(like Mussina) is he in the HOF by now?
Old 01-26-2018, 08:34 AM   #55
Slipknot
Super Moderator

Quote:

I feel sorry for you going through life like that

The United States Constitution does not exist to grant you rights; those rights are inherent within you. Rather it exists to frame a limited government so that those natural rights can be exercised freely.

1984 was a warning, not a guidebook!

It's time more people spoke up with the truth. Every time we let a leftist lie go uncorrected, the commies get stronger.
Slipknot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2018, 12:56 PM   #56
zimmy

http://www.espn.com/espn/otl/story/_...patriots-apart
Old 01-26-2018, 12:57 PM   #57
zimmy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sea Dangles View Post
Let me get this straight,all you have to do is confess to your misdeeds and you get exonerated? That is all a team or player needs to do in order to get a pass from you Zimmy? If Clemens admits to using(like Mussina) is he in the HOF by now?
What is this, the politics forum? Lots of reading comp problems here.

Old 01-26-2018, 05:03 PM   #58
In The Surf
Where'd he go?

Quote:
What is this, the politics forum? Lots of reading comp problems here.
Not at all.
Happy fans that are excited that the most successful sports franchise in history is in the Super Bowl again and guy who can't stand it and is trying his best to justify his disdain of the Patriots.
But fret not, there is hope for you. There are groups that meet weekly for people that live in such denial.
It feeds the machine that is the Patriots making each Championship unequivocally better.
Thank you for your support.
In The Surf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2018, 10:45 PM   #59
zimmy

Quote:
Originally Posted by In The Surf View Post
Not at all.
Happy fans that are excited that the most successful sports franchise in history is in the Super Bowl again and guy who can't stand it and is trying his best to justify his disdain of the Patriots.
But fret not, there is hope for you. There are groups that meet weekly for people that live in such denial.
It feeds the machine that is the Patriots making each Championship unequivocally better.
Thank you for your support.
Sorry, that's ridiculous and incorrect. I wanted the pats in the Superbowl. Alot of assumptions...

Old 01-27-2018, 01:34 AM   #60
Sea Dangles

So you wanted the Pats in the big game, you are rooting for the Eagles in the same game. You should be thrilled but you seem to be sour. Cheers to an exciting game Zimmy, and I do understand your disdain. It is known as envy