Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 09-04-2021, 08:35 AM   #1
Pete F.
Canceled

When a CIA operation captured Baradar on Obama's watch, I remember Fox & Friends whining that he wasn't immediately executed.

Trump & Pompeo let him out, had him flown to Qatar on a G5 and inked the US withdrawal deal with a direct call with Trump. Now he runs Afghanistan. CRICKETS from the lemming
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Old 09-04-2021, 03:49 PM   #2
wdmso

Navy Declares 5 Missing Sailors Dead After Helicopter Crash

Another tragic event in our military and Families losing love ones while involved in service to their country .. where are the calls for Biden to resign or stating he has blood on his Hands ??? will they be called by Hannity for his nightly outrage so he can exploit their Grief? Because this is an accident its different or just not politically beneficial

we'll see

Last edited by wdmso; 09-04-2021 at 07:43 PM..
Old 09-05-2021, 10:27 AM   #3
scottw

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
Navy Declares 5 Missing Sailors Dead After Helicopter Crash

Another tragic event in our military and Families losing love ones while involved in service to their country .. where are the calls for Biden to resign or stating he has blood on his Hands ??? will they be called by Hannity for his nightly outrage so he can exploit their Grief? Because this is an accident its different or just not politically beneficial

we'll see
Because this is an accident its different

see, you managed to figure that all on your own...sort of
Old 09-05-2021, 11:24 AM   #4
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottw View Post

comparing a random accident, to 13 deaths that were at least partly a result of having no plan to deal with chaos.

none of them can comment on why biden said on July 13, “it’s not going well.”.
Old 09-05-2021, 02:47 PM   #5
wdmso

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
comparing a random accident, to 13 deaths that were at least partly a result of having no plan to deal with chaos.

none of them can comment on why biden said on July 13, “it’s not going well.”.
Jim as you've done in the past. you have been presented with all that Facts and you just know better .. than the Military who made and executed the plan...
Old 09-05-2021, 06:00 PM   #6
Jim in CT

Quote:
Jim as you've done in the past. you have been presented with all that Facts and you just know better .. than the Military who made and executed the plan...
please explain what biden meant, when back in july, he said “it’s not going well.”
Old 09-05-2021, 02:45 PM   #7
wdmso

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottw View Post

Are they? ask the parents and families if they really are different..

But you already know the Answer ...

Accidents acceptable Killed in a combat operation outrageous

Classic

Last edited by wdmso; 09-05-2021 at 03:25 PM..
Old 09-05-2021, 07:54 AM   #8
wdmso

Speaking to the BBC's Andrew Marr show on Sunday, Gen Sir Nick was asked how the predictions had been wrong.
"I think everybody got it wrong is the straight answer," he said. "Even the Taliban didn't expect things to change as quickly as they did.
"I don't think we realised quite what the Taliban were up to. They weren't really fighting for the cities they eventually captured, they were negotiating for them. And I think you'll find a lot of money changed hands as they managed to buy off those who might have fought for them."
The chief of defence staff added: "I don't think what anybody predicted was how fragile that Afghan government was and how fragile it was in relation to the command of its armed forces."

I doubt the Brits are trying to cover for Biden ..
Old 09-05-2021, 08:40 AM   #9
Jim in CT

Quote:
Speaking to the BBC's Andrew Marr show on Sunday, Gen Sir Nick was asked how the predictions had been wrong.
"I think everybody got it wrong is the straight answer," he said. "Even the Taliban didn't expect things to change as quickly as they did.
"I don't think we realised quite what the Taliban were up to. They weren't really fighting for the cities they eventually captured, they were negotiating for them. And I think you'll find a lot of money changed hands as they managed to buy off those who might have fought for them."
The chief of defence staff added: "I don't think what anybody predicted was how fragile that Afghan government was and how fragile it was in relation to the command of its armed forces."

I doubt the Brits are trying to cover for Biden ..
read the transcript of what biden said on july 23. “it’s not going well.”. I’ll take what biden said over what a Brit said who we’ve never heard of.

and GS said only a “stupid idiot” would expect this withdrawal to not get messy. only a “stupid idiot” would think it would
go according to plan. doesn’t that mean you have a backup plan?

For every person you quote to support your side, i can quote someone to support my side.

Massachusetts congressman Seth Moulton is a very liberal democrat from Mass, and he said it was a “fu—-ng disaster” and that it was “preventable.”

is he lying for political
reasons? he also did 4 tours with the marines

you’re not winning this, you don’t have the facts or common sense in your side. i’m not saying you can predict everything. but you have to have some contingencies in place, and they didn’t. 13?americann kids died, partly as a result of that. his approval numbers suggest you’re in the minority.
Old 09-05-2021, 03:24 PM   #10
wdmso

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT;1213583s

you’re not winning this, you don’t have the facts or common sense in your side. i’m not saying you can predict everything. but you have to have some contingencies in place, and they didn’t. 13?americann kids died, partly as a result of that. his approval numbers suggest you’re in the minority.
[size=1
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device[/size]
whos trying to win anything I am not curling up in a ball because 13 marines got killed in a suicide attack .. I am not the partisans Hack yelling Biden has blood on his Hands nor I am I comparing you to Hannity... its just disgusting how Conservatives use the Military to push their usual political nonsense.. trust me from the moment that operation started the Right was praying for something Bad to happen on the ground! don't be fooled. and when it did, they pounced .. and if you cant or wont see that. that's on you.. if you cant see the timeline and how even other Countries acknowledge things changed and they also got caught with their pants down.. nothing is perfect or goes 100% to plan

I dont really care what Molton thinks or others like him from the comfort of their offices and arm chairs ... If Americans don't like the price. of our troops in places like afghanistan or Iraq .. don't send them ! there no reset button they all want the freedom without the loss of life its dont work that way.. I guess " freedom isn't free" it only for t shirts or FB memes ..

Because I had an conversation with my Wife. Prior to Going to Iraq as in Infantry Plt SGT leaving her and with our 2 kids 11 and 10 And said if something happens (I get killed )I do not want anyone blaming Bush or the Military or the government !

Because I signed on the dotted line . And I was fulfilling my obligations .

I get upset when our service members die and 1 is always to many but I am realistic in my expectations due to my experiences

And get more upset when political hakes talking heads or actual elected officials use these Tragedies to advance their political agendas
regardless of Party ..

if people do not think the deaths of those Marines weigh on the POTUS and he hasn't or the planners have not asked what could we have done better .. your just deep down a partisan rabbit hole
Old 09-05-2021, 07:33 PM   #11
Jim in CT

Quote:
whos trying to win anything I am not curling up in a ball because 13 marines got killed in a suicide attack .. I am not the partisans Hack yelling Biden has blood on his Hands nor I am I comparing you to Hannity... its just disgusting how Conservatives use the Military to push their usual political nonsense.. trust me from the moment that operation started the Right was praying for something Bad to happen on the ground! don't be fooled. and when it did, they pounced .. and if you cant or wont see that. that's on you.. if you cant see the timeline and how even other Countries acknowledge things changed and they also got caught with their pants down.. nothing is perfect or goes 100% to plan

I dont really care what Molton thinks or others like him from the comfort of their offices and arm chairs ... If Americans don't like the price. of our troops in places like afghanistan or Iraq .. don't send them ! there no reset button they all want the freedom without the loss of life its dont work that way.. I guess " freedom isn't free" it only for t shirts or FB memes ..

Because I had an conversation with my Wife. Prior to Going to Iraq as in Infantry Plt SGT leaving her and with our 2 kids 11 and 10 And said if something happens (I get killed )I do not want anyone blaming Bush or the Military or the government !

Because I signed on the dotted line . And I was fulfilling my obligations .

I get upset when our service members die and 1 is always to many but I am realistic in my expectations due to my experiences

And get more upset when political hakes talking heads or actual elected officials use these Tragedies to advance their political agendas
regardless of Party ..

if people do not think the deaths of those Marines weigh on the POTUS and he hasn't or the planners have not asked what could we have done better .. your just deep down a partisan rabbit hole
i’m not curling up in a ball either. but you’re ignoring the fact that biden admitted that it wasn’t going well, back in july.

i’m part of the right and i wasn’t praying for anything bad. you’re making stupid stereotypes and assumptions. the right is using this for sure, as i said, exactly as the left uses it when a white cop shoots a block person. tell me the left doesn’t use those instances for political gain?

that the right is using it, doesn’t mean biden doesn’t deserve some of the criticism. his approval ratings are in the toilet among independents right now. why is that? most of them dont watch fox news, so they are reaching their conclusions on their own.
Old 09-06-2021, 08:30 AM   #12
wdmso

Quote:
i’m not curling up in a ball either. but you’re ignoring the fact that biden admitted that it wasn’t going well, back in july.

i’m part of the right and i wasn’t praying for anything bad. you’re making stupid stereotypes and assumptions. the right is using this for sure, as i said, exactly as the left uses it when a white cop shoots a block person. tell me the left doesn’t use those instances for political gain?

that the right is using it, doesn’t mean biden doesn’t deserve some of the criticism. his approval ratings are in the toilet among independents right now. why is that? most of them dont watch fox news, so they are reaching their conclusions on their own.
Jim Biden is getting a ton of criticism from many different people CNN is all over him as are fox and Newmax

But the latter networks are parading these dead marines around hero’s and martyrs calling Biden a murder

Tammy Bruce exposes Biden presidency failures: His lies ‘get people murdered’ wanting to dismantle capitalism, demonizing our police, indoctrinating school children – it's all the fruit of the same poisonous leftist tree.

These are the type of Republicans or the right that I am referring to taking what happened in Afghanistan and just spewing this nonsense as if we never had a Republican POTUS

Even Graham has jumped on the we’re going back to Afghanistan to fight the califate Aka evil Islam.. why because it works on their scared voters who are convinced they are threatened by black brown liberals Muslim legal illegals immigrants.. forgot now election are rigged against them.. the old Republicans are dead or called Rinos

Where do you fall?

Ps a cop killing an unarmed black or minority is not the same as people being killed by an suicide bomber

Like antifa and BLM protest and riots are not the same as Jan 6th
Old 09-06-2021, 08:47 AM   #13
scottw

Quote:

tell me the left doesn’t use those instances for political gain?

pretty sure this has never happened...ever....definitely not!
Old 09-05-2021, 08:37 PM   #14
Jim in CT

Quote:

I dont really care what Molton thinks or others like him from the comfort of their offices and arm chairs ...
Molton did 4 tours to the middle
east with the Marines. so would
you care to reconsider?

You care about what everyone thinks who agrees with you, and dismiss and insult everyone who disagrees with you. you insult them, because you can’t make them
wrong.
Old 09-06-2021, 08:10 AM   #15
wdmso

Quote:
Molton did 4 tours to the middle
east with the Marines. so would
you care to reconsider?

You care about what everyone thinks who agrees with you, and dismiss and insult everyone who disagrees with you. you insult them, because you can’t make them
wrong.
Yes Jim , and if molten was on that air field he would have done what the commanders did . Carried out the mission .. he wasn’t but he didn’t blame Biden did for the death of those marines and no one is claiming it went according to plan. The plan changed … anything thing Else is Monday morning quarterbacking. Even if he did 4 tours no as a general
Old 09-05-2021, 03:45 PM   #16
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Don’t argue common sense from real life experience Wayne, once Jim gets his needle stuck there is no going back.
Old 09-05-2021, 05:59 PM   #17
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Got Stripers View Post
Don’t argue common sense from real life experience Wayne, once Jim gets his needle stuck there is no going back.
except i’ve changed my mind all the time. other than that, good point.

GS, you’re desperately trying to make me out to be a thoughtless partisan hack. i have shown i think for myself. it’s your side who are one identical monolithic group.
Old 09-05-2021, 06:32 PM   #18
Pete F.
Canceled

This war cost US $2 trillion and according to cost of war project at Brown university, the cost of interest on Afghan war debt will go up to $6.5 trillion by 2050.
In conclusion: a country got destroyed, people died, central bank and military -industrial complex made trillions.
Some people mad that it’s over, wonder why?
They would gladly have killed another 2500 of our troops for a few billion in profits, Tweety was actually sort of honest about that with his Saudi deal, never mind that the only people involved in 9/11 were Saudis
Old 09-05-2021, 08:56 PM   #19
Pete F.
Canceled

I read 14,237 MAGA posts about the 13 US service members killed in Afghanistan. Not one about the 5 Navy sailors who died yesterday. It’s a shame some people feel the need to use some of these tragic deaths for political purposes, while ignoring others.
Old 09-06-2021, 03:32 AM   #20
scottw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post

I read 14,237 MAGA posts about

Old 09-06-2021, 05:34 AM   #21
Pete F.
Canceled

Irony is deader than a right wing talk radio host.
Old 09-06-2021, 05:39 PM   #22
wdmso

Jim like Scott support seditious behavior . But the try to hide it in gymnastics linguists . As intellectual cover !as if everyone is to stupid to. Know what’s going on
Old 09-06-2021, 06:09 PM   #23
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

He is stuck spinning out of control.
Old 09-06-2021, 06:48 PM   #24
Jim in CT

Quote:
He is stuck spinning out of control.
more baseless insults. and you are dodging my question, which die hard liberal states are thriving in a way that we can, and should in your opinion, expand hpon?

you can’t answer, but won’t concede that not being able to
answer,, kind of means i have a point.

what does it say about the flimsiness of your beliefs, that you are stopped completely in your tracks by such a childlike, simple question.
Old 09-06-2021, 06:48 PM   #25
Pete F.
Canceled

Almost 25% of daily US COVID deaths are in Florida. This wave is striking because it is pretty hard to go above pre-vaccination waves. It's almost double.

Thankfully has not happened in any other state. In fact, very few countries have had this happen either.
Run by a Stable Genius, maybe that’s why they’re using horse wormer
Old 09-06-2021, 07:40 PM   #26
Jim in CT

Quote:
Almost 25% of daily US COVID deaths are in Florida. This wave is striking because it is pretty hard to go above pre-vaccination waves. It's almost double.

Thankfully has not happened in any other state. In fact, very few countries have had this happen either.
Run by a Stable Genius, maybe that’s why they’re using horse wormer
inception to date, florida’s death rate is in the middle of the pack. which isn’t immediately impressive, until
you consider they have a huge number of seniors, their businesses have been open, their kids have been in schools. And their death rate is lower then NY, NJ, CT.

that’s called “winning.”

when it’s over, if florida’s overall death rate ( which is by far the most important stat) is way above average, i’ll be the first to say Desantis failed and that he should t be potus.

we sure arent there yet, people, including tons of liberals, are moving g there in massive numbers. Can you tell me why? if they just want warmth, why not move to southern CA, which is also warm and has politics they’d like?

none of guys liberal pals will try to answer. will you?
Old 09-06-2021, 07:01 PM   #27
Pete F.
Canceled

Do you honestly believe what you’re fed by the Murdochs?
Old 09-06-2021, 07:02 PM   #28
Jim in CT

Quote:
Do you honestly believe what you’re fed by the Murdochs?
for the fourth time, can you please just tell me hat i said, which is way off?
Old 09-07-2021, 02:44 AM   #29
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Quote:
for the fourth time, can you please just tell me hat i said, which is way off?
Jim I’m worried that with all that spinning you might pass out and hit your head, do you have some nuclear family members around to help? Off to go fishing, maybe you should to.
Old 09-07-2021, 05:03 AM   #30
Jim in CT

Quote:
Jim I’m worried that with all that spinning you might pass out and hit your head, do you have some nuclear family members around to help? Off to go fishing, maybe you should to.
you keep saying i’m full of this, and spinning that, but i asked four times, and you can’t name a single specific thing i said which was wrong?

but i’m the one being dishonest for political purposes. Gotcha.

GS: Jim you’re engaging in spin.

Jim: what did i sY that was wrong?

GS: i have to go fishing.

cowardly dodge. classic liberal, when the facts are t on your side, lob an insult and run away.

i was fishing with kids all
day yesterday. working today say.

Last edited by Jim in CT; 09-07-2021 at 05:14 AM..