Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Muzik

Muzik Muzik Forums - by popular request...

Old 12-20-2012, 08:06 PM   #1
ProfessorM
Uncle Remus

like em, not luv em Seen them a few times but no dead head My favorite album and tune on that album

"A beach is a place where a man can feel he's the only soul in the world that's real"
ProfessorM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 03:18 AM   #2
Jackbass
Land OF Forgotten Toys

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfessorM View Post
like em, not luv em Seen them a few times but no dead head My favorite album and tune on that album

Great song I was at the spectrum in 95 when they first played this live. You could not hear the first verse and a half. Unreal
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

I am the man in the Bassless Chaps
Jackbass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 03:19 PM   #3
Jackbass
Land OF Forgotten Toys

Jerry's Thoughts on 12/21/12

Saw this on FB

Jerry's thoughts on December 21st, 2012 as told to Rolling Stone in 1993:

"The date that holds significance for me is 2012. That's [writer and self-described expert in 'the ethnopharmacology of spiritual transformation'] Terence McKenna's alpha moment, which is where the universe undergoes its most extraordinary transformations.

He talks about these cycles, exponential cycles in which, in each epic, more happens than in all previous time. Like he talks about novelty, the insertion of novelty into the time track. His first example of novelty is, say, the appearance of life. So the universe goes along, brrrrmmmmm, then all of a sudden, life appears: bing! So that's something new.

Then the next novelty is, like, vertebrates. Then the next novelty might be language -- that sort of thing. They're transformations of a huge kind, gains in consciousness. So he's got us, like, in the last forty-year cycle now -- it's running down, we're definitely tightening up -- and during this period, more will happen than has happened in all previous time. This is going to peak in 2012. He's got a specific date for it, too -- maybe December some time, I don't remember. But that moment, at the last 135th of a second or something like that, something like forty of these transformations will happen."

I am the man in the Bassless Chaps
Jackbass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 04:59 PM   #4
afterhours
Afterhours Custom Plugs

i love the dead . not so much the space/trippin' stuff. grew up listening to them and saw them and jgb around 15+ times. great lyrics. jerry was a trubodor- lead, banjo, mandolin, and pedal steel. bobby is a good rythym player and phil rules the 4 string!

www.afterhoursplugs.com

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Afterh...428173?created

Instagram - afterhourscustom

Official S-B.com Sponsor

GAMEFISH NOW

"A GAMEFISH (WHICH STRIPED BASS SHOULD BE) IS TOO VALUABLE TO BE CAUGHT ONLY ONCE"...LEE WULFF
afterhours is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 01:12 PM   #5
zacs
D'oh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackbass View Post
Great song I was at the spectrum in 95 when they first played this live. You could not hear the first verse and a half. Unreal
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
i was there too!!!

i bent my wookie
zacs is offline   Reply With Quote