Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 05-04-2020, 11:19 AM   #151
PaulS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
Paul, tell me where this is wrong, please...

In the Kavanaugh mess, democrats believed that on the basis of an accusation, Kavanaugh was guilty and should step down. They are using a very different standard with Biden.

Nothing to do with Trump or Republicans.
So let me get this straight you expect that after the Democrats saw how the Republicans refused to investigate credible evidence of Kavanaugh (and Trump) now you expect them do the opposite of what Republicans did? It has everything to do with Trump Kavanaugh and the Republicans
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Old 05-04-2020, 11:22 AM   #152
Pete F.
Canceled

In the Kavanaugh hearings, Democrats believed that he was possibly tainted enough so that he should not receive a lifetime appointment to the highest court in the land and wanted it to be investigated.

When allegations of sexual assault are made by a woman they should be taken seriously & investigated. This is true for the allegations against Biden, but also for the 20+ women who’ve come forward with credible allegations of assault by Trump. The same standards must be used.

Now what about that Trump* DNA sample?

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Lets Go Darwin
Old 05-04-2020, 11:35 AM   #153
scottw

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulS View Post

So let me get this straight you expect that after the Democrats saw how the Republicans refused to investigate credible evidence of Kavanaugh (and Trump)

this is hilariously stupid....were you alive then?...remember the rape trains story?, wasn't Michael Aveniati going to be the next democrat president? and that complete loon Balsy Ford... It was beaten to death by the fools here, the media and the democrats...all beyond shameful partisan hacks... and it was all BS...the left turned the entire process into an circus... that wasn't enough for you?? good grief ..."WE NEED MORE INVESTIGATION....THEY DIDN'T TALK TO SO AND SO"...shut up...we're on biden now...try to stick to the topic
Old 05-04-2020, 11:37 AM   #154
PaulS

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottw View Post
this is hilariously stupid....were you alive then?...remember the rape trains story?, wasn't Michael Aveniati going to be the next democrat president? and that complete loon Balsy Ford... It was beaten to death by the fools here, the media and the democrats...all beyond shameful partisan hacks... and it was all BS...the left turned the entire process into an circus... that wasn't enough for you?? good grief ..."WE NEED MORE INVESTIGATION....THEY DIDN'T TALK TO SO AND SO"...shut up...we're on biden now...try to stick to the topic
go take a walk you need a break
Old 05-04-2020, 11:45 AM   #155
scottw

Quote:
go take a walk you need a break
fished all morning
Old 05-04-2020, 11:57 AM   #156
PaulS

Quote:
fished all morning
Nice
Old 05-04-2020, 12:19 PM   #157
Pete F.
Canceled

There's always a tweet

Ryan Grim @ryangrim·Mar 3
A head-to-head Biden v Sanders contest will force voters to take a close look at Biden again. That went very badly for him last time.

taratweets ( Alexandra Tara Reade) @ReadeAlexandra·Mar 3

Yup. Timing... wait for it....tic toc

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Lets Go Darwin
Old 05-04-2020, 12:41 PM   #158
Jim in CT

Quote:
So let me get this straight you expect that after the Democrats saw how the Republicans refused to investigate credible evidence of Kavanaugh (and Trump) now you expect them do the opposite of what Republicans did? It has everything to do with Trump Kavanaugh and the Republicans
I see, it's the republicans fault that the dems did a 180 on this.

They postponed the confirmation for a week or ten days, and did an investigation. Not sure what you're referring to when you say there was no investigation.

In any event, the liberal mantra then, was that investigation or no, the accuser was to be believed. Who on the left says they believe Reade?
Old 05-04-2020, 12:42 PM   #159
Jim in CT

Quote:
we're on biden now...try to stick to the topic
Not one of them...not one...can do so. It's something to see.
Old 05-04-2020, 01:43 PM   #160
PaulS

Quote:
I see, it's the republicans fault that the dems did a 180 on this.

They postponed the confirmation for a week or ten days, and did an investigation. Not sure what you're referring to when you say there was no investigation.

In any event, the liberal mantra then, was that investigation or no, the accuser was to be believed. Who on the left says they believe Reade?
The investigation was a sham and people who said they have pertinent information never were investigated by the FBI. The liberal media is the one who broke the story. It's the height of hypocrisy to expect the Democrats to do something that the Republicans refuse to do and to try to hold them to a different standard that the Republicans were held. You're the one who constantly says the Republicans have more morals then the Democrats yet in this instance you expect more out of the Democrats.
Old 05-04-2020, 01:43 PM   #161
PaulS

Quote:
Not one of them...not one...can do so. It's something to see.
but but Obama.
Old 05-04-2020, 02:16 PM   #162
Jim in CT

Quote:
The investigation was a sham and people who said they have pertinent information never were investigated by the FBI. The liberal media is the one who broke the story. It's the height of hypocrisy to expect the Democrats to do something that the Republicans refuse to do and to try to hold them to a different standard that the Republicans were held. You're the one who constantly says the Republicans have more morals then the Democrats yet in this instance you expect more out of the Democrats.
"The investigation was a sham "

I see. First there was no investigation, now you say there was one, but it was a sham.

One the people that Ford listed as a corroborating witness, said not only did she have zero recollection of the attack, but that Ford's lawyers pressured her to lie. No red flags there!

"It's the height of hypocrisy to expect the Democrats to do something that the Republicans refuse to do"

How about asking the democrats to do the same exact thing they did during the Kavanaugh spectacle - believe the woman? WHy is that so outlandish?

Paul, we now know for a certainty, that democrats do not "believe all women"...only women who accuse Republicans.

What the GOP is asking for, is for the democrats to be consistent. But we can't have that, can we?

You're humiliating yourself here like the rest of them.

All of the liberals believed Kavanaugh's accuser, based solely on the accusation. None of those people, believe this accuser. Despite the fact that this accuser has a ton more corroborating evidence, and unlike Kavanaughs accuser (who admitted she hated the thought of a conservative being on the bench), Reade is a democrat who worked for Biden, and therefore cannot be accused of being driven by partisanship.

Despite all that, the "believe all women" bullsh*t went the way of the dodo pretty quick.

Biden himself, said we have a duty to believe the accuser. Why isn't he saying that now? Why does he deserve more protection than Brett Kavanaugh? Can you at east attempt to answer that?

You guys are HYSTERICAL.
Old 05-04-2020, 02:19 PM   #163
Jim in CT

Quote:
but but Obama.
What does Obama have to do with this, exactly?

Did you see that Barack went golfing on an empty country club golf course, while Michelle recorded a message sent to all phones in DC, telling citizens to stay home unless it was urgent?

Think for a second, of the sheer and utter contempt you'd have to have for the little people, to tell them to stay inside while your husband is hitting the links! That's liberalism, though...it's never about what "they:" should do, always about what "we" should do. "They" are entitled to live better than us...what a swell couple they must be.

If the republic survived those two czars, we can survive this clown just fine.
Old 05-04-2020, 02:43 PM   #164
PaulS

Quote:
What does Obama have to do with this, exactly?

Did you see that Barack went golfing on an empty country club golf course, while Michelle recorded a message sent to all phones in DC, telling citizens to stay home unless it was urgent?

Think for a second, of the sheer and utter contempt you'd have to have for the little people, to tell them to stay inside while your husband is hitting the links! That's liberalism, though...it's never about what "they:" should do, always about what "we" should do. "They" are entitled to live better than us...what a swell couple they must be.

If the republic survived those two czars, we can survive this clown just fine.
How many times have we heard but but Obama? Why do we have to just talk about Biden when there's a direct contradiction by what the Republicans have done or should I say what the Republicans have not done. Think about the utter contempt shown by the Republican leaders for anyone who is not a trumplican and not deranged by their love of Trump - day in and day out when Trump gets up there and lies and insult people and they keep their mouth shut. Did they get all tingly when he stood up on the stage and made fun of retards and spazzes? That's what conservativism has turned into these days. If it wasn't so sad it would be hysterical.

And tell me what Obama's playing golf has anything to do with this thread? You've humiliated yourself again here

Last edited by PaulS; 05-04-2020 at 02:53 PM..
Old 05-04-2020, 02:51 PM   #165
PaulS

Quote:
"The investigation was a sham "

I see. First there was no investigation, now you say there was one, but it was a sham.

" I've been giving you far too much credit. There was no investigation of trump there was a sham investigation of Kavanaugh. I thought you knew that but again I think I've been giving you far too much credit"

One the people that Ford listed as a corroborating witness, said not only did she have zero recollection of the attack, but that Ford's lawyers pressured her to lie. No red flags there!

"It's the height of hypocrisy to expect the Democrats to do something that the Republicans refuse to do"
How about asking the democrats to do the same exact thing they did during the Kavanaugh spectacle - believe the woman? WHy is that so outlandish?

" I told you it's the height of hypocrisy to expect the Democrats to do something that the Republicans refuse to do."
Paul, we now know for a certainty, that democrats do not "believe all women"...only women who accuse Republicans.

What the GOP is asking for, is for the democrats to be consistent. But we can't have that, can we?

You're humiliating yourself here like the rest of them.

"I think you've have humiliated yourself here by expecting the Democrats to do something you haven't required to Republicans to do. Look up the word hypocrisy there might be a picture of you there"
All of the liberals believed Kavanaugh's accuser, based solely on the accusation. None of those people, believe this accuser. Despite the fact that this accuser has a ton more corroborating evidence, and unlike Kavanaughs accuser (who admitted she hated the thought of a conservative being on the bench), Reade is a democrat who worked for Biden, and therefore cannot be accused of being driven by partisanship.

Despite all that, the "believe all women" bullsh*t went the way of the dodo pretty quick.

Biden himself, said we have a duty to believe the accuser. Why isn't he saying that now? Why does he deserve more protection than Brett Kavanaugh? Can you at east attempt to answer that?

You guys are HYSTERICAL.
As I said it's HYSTERICAL to watch you demand something out of the Democrats that you don't expect out of the Republicans. Look up the word hypocrisy why don't you.

Last edited by PaulS; 05-04-2020 at 03:14 PM..
Old 05-04-2020, 03:09 PM   #166
scottw

Quote:

And tell me what Obama's playing golf has anything to do with this thread?

hypocrisy....what...you couldn't figure that out?
Old 05-04-2020, 03:13 PM   #167
PaulS

Quote:
hypocrisy....what...you couldn't figure that out?
So we should just point out hypocrisy from politicians whenever anyone feels like it.

Did you see Trump got tested for the virus and I can't. That has nothing to do with this thread but I thought I would just throw it out there.
Old 05-04-2020, 03:16 PM   #168
Jim in CT

Quote:
How many times have we heard but but Obama? Why do we have to just talk about Biden when there's a direct contradiction by what the Republicans have done or should I say what the Republicans have not done. Think about the utter contempt shown by the Republican leaders for anyone who is not a trumplican and not deranged by their love of Trump - day in and day out when Trump gets up there and lies and insult people and they keep their mouth shut. Did they get all tingly when he stood up on the stage and made fun of retards and spazzes? That's what conservativism has turned into these days. If it wasn't so sad it would be hysterical.

And tell me what Obama's playing golf has anything to do with this thread? You've humiliated yourself again here
"How many times have we heard but but Obama? "

From me? A few at least, to point out glaring double standards. Would a speck of consistency be too much to ask?

"there's a direct contradiction by what the Republicans have done or should I say what the Republicans have not done"

I didn't buy the accusation against Kavanaugh, I'm not buying the one against Biden. Where is the double standard there?

"Think about the utter contempt shown by the Republican leaders for anyone who is not a trumplican'

I see Republican leaders criticizing Trump regularly for his style. So your premise there is seriously flawed. If you are upset that Republicans prefer other Republicans to democrats, I'm very sorry fo rthat.

"Did they get all tingly when he stood up on the stage and made fun of retards and spazzes? "

You ruse of retard is very offensive. When did he make fun of "retards"? And if that's offensive to you, what was your position when Obama made fun of them, when after bowling gutter ball after gutter ball, he joked that he looked like a Special Olympics athlete. That was OK, right? Lemme guess, it was different when Obama did it..
Old 05-04-2020, 03:19 PM   #169
Jim in CT

Quote:
As I said it's HYSTERICAL to watch you demand something out of the Democrats that you don't expect out of the Republicans. Look up the word hypocrisy why don't you.
Demanding? When did I demand anything? I'm not demanding squat. I'm asking for an explanation of the flip-flop, and thoroughly enjoying watching you guys bend over like contortionists because you can't bring yourself to say, "yes, they are being hypocrites on this". That's OBVIOUSLY the case, but you can't bring yourself to say it.

Anyway, when did I make demands? Are you feeling OK? You seem to be hearing voices...
Old 05-04-2020, 03:20 PM   #170
Jim in CT

Quote:
So we should just point out hypocrisy from politicians whenever anyone feels like it.

Did you see Trump got tested for the virus and I can't. That has nothing to do with this thread but I thought I would just throw it out there.
He's more important than a close-minded drone who calls disabled people retards. I'd say you should get tested, based on your posts on this thread, you seem to be suffering from something. See if they can test your IQ while they test for the virus.
Old 05-04-2020, 03:37 PM   #171
PaulS

Quote:
He's more important than a close-minded drone who calls disabled people retards. I'd say you should get tested, based on your posts on this thread, you seem to be suffering from something. See if they can test your IQ while they test for the virus.
You're getting angrier and angrier Jim. Take a break you angry man
Old 05-04-2020, 03:43 PM   #172
Jim in CT

Quote:
You're getting angrier and angrier Jim. Take a break you angry man
Your posts here consisted of one laughably idiotic dodge after another on the issue of liberal hypocrisy. Frustrated from getting annihilated on that issue, you let fly with the word "retard", which is as disgusting to anyone with any empathy, as the n-word.

Backed further into a corner from which you can't begin to escape, you say I'm angry. I'll admit I don't like the word retard. But this has revealed a lot more about you than it ever will me.

And I asked when Trump made fun of the people you call retards. You dodged, and called me angry.

I'll assume (could be wrong) you're referring to the liberal claim that he made fun of a disabled reporter, which no one would think is beyond him. However, there is actual video evidence of him using those same stupid physical gestures to make fun of someone else who wasn't disabled, so there's every reason to believe he just makes those gestures to demean anyone who doesn't kiss his ring. but your side ran with the "he made fun of the disabled" claim, even though Obama very explicitly made fun of disabled people and no one cared.
Old 05-04-2020, 03:48 PM   #173
PaulS

Like I said you're an angry man quick with the insults.
Old 05-04-2020, 03:57 PM   #174
Pete F.
Canceled

Once again Mr False Equivalence shows his mastery of his craft, and in doing so demonstrates that he doesn't know the difference between self-deprecation and ridicule of others.
Malignant narcissists are not capable of self-deprecating humor, it is too damaging to their fragile self-image.

Lets Go Darwin
Old 05-04-2020, 04:07 PM   #175
PaulS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
Once again Mr False Equivalence shows his mastery of his craft, and in doing so demonstrates that he doesn't know the difference between self-deprecation and ridicule of others.
Malignant narcissists are not capable of self-deprecating humor, it is too damaging to their fragile self-image.
Exactly it was a self-deprecating comment made on The Tonight Show and apologized for later.
Old 05-04-2020, 04:42 PM   #176
Jim in CT

Quote:
Like I said you're an angry man quick with the insults.
The man who called disabled people "retards" for no conceivable reason, is crying like a little girl because I called him out for doing so. Go tattle to the moderators as usual.
Old 05-04-2020, 04:45 PM   #177
Jim in CT

Quote:
Exactly it was a self-deprecating comment made on The Tonight Show and apologized for later.
Oh, he apologized! That erases the whole thing.

Self deprecating...so because he was making fun of HIMSELF by saying he was so bad at something that he looked like a Special Olympics athlete (when in fact, Special Olympics bowlers are much better than he is, it was as ignorant a thing to say as it was insulting).

Obama doesn't know any "retards", because where he comes from, home of the sophisticated swells, they abort those kinds of babies. That's what sophisticated, superior, more evolved intellectuals do.
Old 05-04-2020, 05:15 PM   #178
Sea Dangles

Quote:
The man who called disabled people "retards" for no conceivable reason, is crying like a little girl because I called him out for doing so. Go tattle to the moderators as usual.
The only person in the history of SB.com to stoop to that level. Who is surprised?

PRO CHOICE REPUBLICAN
Old 05-04-2020, 05:41 PM   #179
PaulS

Quote:
If you can't figure out I was making fun of Trump you're dumber than I thought you were. It shows derangement of trumplicans that they had no problem electing the guy who stood up there and made fun of spazzes and retards. Why would you think I'm crying like a little girl?

I didn't tattle I asked why when Bruce posts the rules of the site are they not enforced.

As I said you're just an angry man who can't control himself whenever you don't like a post you just resort to insults.
Old 05-04-2020, 05:43 PM   #180
PaulS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sea Dangles View Post
The only person in the history of SB.com to stoop to that level. Who is surprised?
you mean posted something to mock the Republicans who supported Trump and how they had no problem with him up there making fun of spazzes and retards