Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 05-05-2020, 07:08 AM   #211
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulS View Post
Watch the video. It was disgusting.

There is no bottom with this President.
what intellectual disabilities did the reporter have, Paul? you’re saying he was a “retard”? In what way?

i agree it was disgusting, yet when you say it that’s good, when i say it, you call me a Trumplican.

apparently there is a bottom, as I’ve never heard Trump at the word “retard”.

Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Old 05-05-2020, 07:42 AM   #212
PaulS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
what intellectual disabilities did the reporter have, Paul? you’re saying he was a “retard”? In what way?

i agree it was disgusting, yet when you say it that’s good, when i say it, you call me a Trumplican.

apparently there is a bottom, as I’ve never heard Trump at the word “retard”.

No idea what intellectual disabilities he has. While I haven't heard him use spazz or retard, I think we would all agree it is within the realm of possibilities.

We would never have heard either of those words of any other Pres. in our lifetime.
Old 05-05-2020, 07:48 AM   #213
Sea Dangles

Quote:
Sure make it crystal clear.
Paul, nothing personal.
You are the only person in the history of the SB.com to summon the moderators to defend you. Not once or twice either.
Close to 20 years have gone by with folks exchanging their thoughts on the site. PaulS is the only person who decided to NOT stand on his own feet and instead make a plea for help. Not only do you steal fishing spots,you also have coward on your resume’. Shame on you and shame on your cowardice.

PRO CHOICE REPUBLICAN
Old 05-05-2020, 08:02 AM   #214
PaulS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sea Dangles View Post
Paul, nothing personal.
You are the only person in the history of the SB.com to summon the moderators to defend you. Not once or twice either.
Close to 20 years have gone by with folks exchanging their thoughts on the site. PaulS is the only person who decided to NOT stand on his own feet and instead make a plea for help. Not only do you steal fishing spots,you also have coward on your resume’. Shame on you and shame on your cowardice.
I didn't summon them to defend me. Bruce posted the rules and I asked why they didn't apply to you?

You have called me P ussy many times and POS. You talk about people's father, mother and son.

You are a vile, scummy person. I don't know why they allow you to post the vile things you do. You are the most classless person here.

What are you talking about w/fishing spots?
Old 05-05-2020, 08:11 AM   #215
Jim in CT

Quote:
No idea what intellectual disabilities he has. While I haven't heard him use spazz or retard, .
so you concede the guy isn’t a “retard”, and that Trump never referred to him that way, yet you claimed trump makes fun of “retards”. based on nothing.

how about we judge him for things he actually does, not stuff you think he’s capable of?
Old 05-05-2020, 08:18 AM   #216
Jim in CT

Quote:
No idea what intellectual disabilities he has. While I haven't heard him use spazz or retard, I think we would all agree it is within the realm of possibilities.

We would never have heard either of those words of any other Pres. in our lifetime.
and the only president i know of, who explicitly made fun of these particular people, is Obama. But you had exactly zero issue with that. And that’s not hypocrisy.
Old 05-05-2020, 08:22 AM   #217
PaulS

Quote:
so you concede the guy isn’t a “retard”, and that Trump never referred to him that way, yet you claimed trump makes fun of “retards”. based on nothing.

how about we judge him for things he actually does, not stuff you think he’s capable of?
Based on the classlessness of this Pres. So what was he doing on stage mocking the reporter?
Old 05-05-2020, 08:26 AM   #218
PaulS

Quote:
and the only president i know of, who explicitly made fun of these particular people, is Obama. But you had exactly zero issue with that. And that’s not hypocrisy.
As you were told, it was a self deprecating comment - meaning he was attempting to make a joke at his own expense. Obama made a poor joke and then apologized. There is no comparison between what Obama did and what Trump did - even ignoring the many, many other times Trump mocks people. Obama didn't do that.

So no hypocrisy. It is not like your trying to hold the Dems. to a standard that you did not hold the Repub. to.

Last edited by PaulS; 05-05-2020 at 08:31 AM..
Old 05-05-2020, 08:30 AM   #219
Pete F.
Canceled

Talk about hypocrisy, just like your hero.

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Lets Go Darwin
Old 05-05-2020, 08:38 AM   #220
Jim in CT

Quote:
Based on the classlessness of this Pres. So what was he doing on stage mocking the reporter?
As he often does, he was mocking a guy who was critical of him. A guy who has no intellectual disabilities as far as we know.

Paul, obviously you are part of the group who thinks the president's gestures were making fun of the guys physical challenges. I also assumed that back then, and I reacted the same way you did.

But as is sometimes the case, there's more to that. There was older video of Trump making the same physical gestures, to make fun of someone else who mocked him, and that person had no disabilities. So it's very possible (that for whatever awful reason), Trump uses that twitching motion to mock anyone who disagrees with him. He may well not have even known the guy was disabled.

Your side always leaves that part out. Because the goal is to demonize him as much as possible, not to judge him truthfully.

Again, you used the word 'retard', you admitted the reporter has no intellectual disabilities, you admitted Trump never used that word. End of that story.
Old 05-05-2020, 08:42 AM   #221
Jim in CT

Quote:
As you were told, it was a self deprecating comment - meaning he was attempting to make a joke at his own expense. .
And you were told, that no sane person has ever said that rules of decency cease to apply,when one is being self-deprecating.

I am the worlds worst dancer - the worst. The absolute worst on the planet. If I make a joke at my own expense, saying "no one will ever say I dance as well as a n*gger", using YOUR LOGIC, no one should be offended by that, because I was being self deprecating? You stand by that? Or do you see how unbelievably stupid your logic is?

And what Obama said is worse. Because he wasn't just making fun of himself, he was also making fun of the inability of Special Olympians to bowl better than he does. When in fact, they bowl much better than he does.
Old 05-05-2020, 08:43 AM   #222
Pete F.
Canceled

The man-baby is still mad

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Lets Go Darwin
Old 05-05-2020, 08:56 AM   #223
Sea Dangles

Quote:
I didn't summon them to defend me. Bruce posted the rules and I asked why they didn't apply to you?

You have called me P ussy many times and POS. You talk about people's father, mother and son.

You are a vile, scummy person. I don't know why they allow you to post the vile things you do. You are the most classless person here.

What are you talking about w/fishing spots?
You asked for help on multiple occasions. (P*ssy)You portray it as a one time plea. Not so.
You were recently described as a skinny whiner who steals his friends fishing spots. Not my words so don’t take it personally.

PRO CHOICE REPUBLICAN
Old 05-05-2020, 08:57 AM   #224
PaulS

Quote:
As he often does, he was mocking a guy who was critical of him. A guy who has no intellectual disabilities as far as we know.

Paul, obviously you are part of the group who thinks the president's gestures were making fun of the guys physical challenges. I also assumed that back then, and I reacted the same way you did.

But as is sometimes the case, there's more to that. There was older video of Trump making the same physical gestures, to make fun of someone else who mocked him, and that person had no disabilities. So it's very possible (that for whatever awful reason), Trump uses that twitching motion to mock anyone who disagrees with him. He may well not have even known the guy was disabled.

Your side always leaves that part out. Because the goal is to demonize him as much as possible, not to judge him truthfully.

Again, you used the word 'retard', you admitted the reporter has no intellectual disabilities, you admitted Trump never used that word. End of that story.
You're giving him more credit than he deserves. It is not a coincidence he mocked someone who had a handicap and I am sure since he knew the reporter enough to mock him, Pres. Trump knew what disabilities he has. And for him to mock him, is wrong. It is not the same as an attempt at a self deprecating joke as Pres. Trump would ever try that bc he is too vain. And Obama apologized for it.
Old 05-05-2020, 09:05 AM   #225
Jim in CT

Quote:
You're giving him more credit than he deserves. It is not a coincidence he mocked someone who had a handicap and I am sure since he knew the reporter enough to mock him, Pres. Trump knew what disabilities he has. And for him to mock him, is wrong. It is not the same as an attempt at a self deprecating joke as Pres. Trump would ever try that bc he is too vain. And Obama apologized for it.
"It is not a coincidence he mocked someone who had a handicap"

He mocks everyone who dares to criticize him. But the fact is there is evidence that he mocks everyone in this manner (with twitching and spasms), not just people who tragically suffer from that.

The fact that he previously used the same exact gestures to make fun of a healthy person who disagreed with him, means nothing to you?
Old 05-05-2020, 09:05 AM   #226
Jim in CT

[QUOTE=PaulS;1192584] Pres. Trump knew what disabilities he has. ]

Prove that please.
Old 05-05-2020, 09:19 AM   #227
PaulS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sea Dangles View Post
You asked for help on multiple occasions. (P*ssy)You portray it as a one time plea. Not so.
You were recently described as a skinny whiner who steals his friends fishing spots. Not my words so don’t take it personally.
I haven't fished with anyone from this site (other than Conn. guys) in years you idiot. And that is why I think you are stupid.

So you ask people about me? Infatuated?
Old 05-05-2020, 09:19 AM   #228
PaulS

[QUOTE=Jim in CT;1192586]
Quote:
Pres. Trump knew what disabilities he has. ]

Prove that please.
Prove he didn't please.
Old 05-05-2020, 09:26 AM   #229
Jim in CT

[QUOTE=PaulS;1192588]
Quote:

Prove he didn't please.
So the burden if proof isn't on you when you make that claim? You can just say he knew, and that's good enough? And there IS proof he didn't know. Not sure how many times I have to say it, but there is actual video of Trump previously using the same exact gestures to mock someone else, who was healthy. So the fact is, he uses those gestures regardless of the medical situation of the person he's mocking.

Paul, lick your wounds and go away. You're having a very, very rough time on this thread.
Old 05-05-2020, 09:32 AM   #230
PaulS

[QUOTE=Jim in CT;1192589]
Quote:

So the burden if proof isn't on you when you make that claim?when you mock someone with a physical aliment in the same manner as that aliment manifests itself, the burden of proof is on the person who did the mocking to prove it is a coincidence. You can just say he knew, and that's good enough? And there IS proof he didn't know. Not sure how many times I have to say it, but there is actual video of Trump previously using the same exact gestures to mock someone else, who was healthy. So the fact is, he uses those gestures regardless of the medical situation of the person he's mocking.

Paul, lick your wounds and go away. You're having a very, very rough time on this thread.
So it is just a coincidence that he physically mocked someone that has some disability that manifest itself in the reporter have those same type of physical movements? BC 1 other time (which I haven't seen) he mocked someone else in that fashion, you think that proves he didn't do it intentionally.

You're naďve or intentionally lying. You have been defending him for how many pages - that is exactly what TDS is. If the person discussing things with you wants to go on and on for pages and pages you will continue to defend Trump bc you have TDS.
Old 05-05-2020, 10:13 AM   #231
Jim in CT

[QUOTE=PaulS;1192590]
Quote:

So it is just a coincidence that he physically mocked someone that has some disability that manifest itself in the reporter have those same type of physical movements? BC 1 other time (which I haven't seen) he mocked someone else in that fashion, you think that proves he didn't do it intentionally.

You're naďve or intentionally lying. You have been defending him for how many pages - that is exactly what TDS is. If the person discussing things with you wants to go on and on for pages and pages you will continue to defend Trump bc you have TDS.

Paul, you are criticizing him for "making fun of retards" when in your own words, you never saw him do it. You are criticizing him for something which you admit he has never done.

This is the most vulgar, obnoxious, jerky POTUS we have ever had. And all the legitimate things available to criticize him for, aren't enough, You have to make stuff up. You ADMIT that you made it up.

And that, my friend, is what TDS is.
Old 05-05-2020, 10:43 AM   #232
PaulS

[QUOTE=Jim in CT;1192591]
Quote:

Paul, you are criticizing him for "making fun of retards" when in your own words, you never saw him do it. You are criticizing him for something which you admit he has never done.

This is the most vulgar, obnoxious, jerky POTUS we have ever had. And all the legitimate things available to criticize him for, aren't enough, You have to make stuff up. You ADMIT that you made it up.

And that, my friend, is what TDS is.
I didn't make anything up - he mocked the guy and you are defending him. You're trying to defend the indefensible (TDS)

You're trying to waive it away by saying he made the same motions before 1 time while ignoring the hundreds (thousands) of times he insulted others w/o making that motion. If you had 000s of data points in an actuarial review and one outlier, you would ignore the outlier - not the 000s of data points. I just read the other times that Trump waived his arms around like that the contortions where not the same and the arms movements, spasms and contortions where totally different (mocking the reporters curl of the right hand and wrist). Ann Coulter wrote in her book that Trump was not making fun of the reporter but rather "was dong a standard retard, waving his arms and sounding stupid". In addition, before the mocking, Trump said "You've got to see this guy". The reporter previously covered him and said they were on a first name basis.

Last edited by PaulS; 05-05-2020 at 10:49 AM..
Old 05-05-2020, 11:17 AM   #233
Jim in CT

[QUOTE=PaulS;1192593]
Quote:

I didn't make anything up -
oh FFS you said he made fun of retards, i asked for an
example, you said the reporter who got said has no intellectual
issues.

there is no evidence, none, that he “made fun of regards.”. ann coulter’s opinion means nothing.

show me where he “made fun of regards”. if you can’t show me anything, that means you made it up.

what in god’s name happened to your brain?
Old 05-05-2020, 11:39 AM   #234
Nebe

Quote:

oh FFS you said he made fun of retards, i asked for an
example, you said the reporter who got said has no intellectual
issues.

there is no evidence, none, that he “made fun of regards.”. ann coulter’s opinion means nothing.

show me where he “made fun of regards”. if you can’t show me anything, that means you made it up.

what in god’s name happened to your brain?
I send my regards to your brain as well.
Old 05-05-2020, 11:47 AM   #235
PaulS

FFS as Ann said,, he was doing the half retard. That is what I used to see people doing when they were 10 years old. So your contention is that he wasn't doing the Retard but the spazz?
Old 05-05-2020, 11:49 AM   #236
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nebe View Post
I send my regards to your brain as well.
On this thread, Paul used the word "retard" for absolutely no conceivable reason.

He accused Trump of mocking those people, and when I asked for examples, he came up with Trump mocking a guy who has no intellectual issues. He admitted Trump hasn't made fun of those people, but he thinks he's capable of it, therefore that's the same as if he actually did it.

As wrong as Paul claims it would be to make fun of such people, he defended Obama doing exactly that, because Obama was making fun of himself at the same time (as if that's an excuse for using hate speech).

Paul claimed he didn't tattle to the mods, but rather, he alerted them to the behavior of others which he thinks violated the rules. Because that's so much different from "tattling".

He calls me a Trumplican even though several times I criticized Trump harshly.

And finally, he (like the rest of you) can't concede that liberals are holding Biden's accuser to a very different standard than they help Kavanaugh's accuser to.

When I act that irrationally, you let me know, and I'll go get a cat scan.
Old 05-05-2020, 11:50 AM   #237
Jim in CT

Quote:
FFS as Ann said,, he was doing the half retard. That is what I used to see people doing when they were 10 years old. So your contention is that he wasn't doing the Retard but the spazz?
So Ann Coulter is a mind reader, just like you are. Are you guys in the same club or something? At least when she's bashing Trump. I'm sure you rely on her opinions often.

STILL waiting for you to respond to my question if it's ok for me to use the n-word when I am making fun of myself. Any special reason you won't respond?
Old 05-05-2020, 12:16 PM   #238
PaulS

Quote:
So Ann Coulter is a mind reader, just like you are. Are you guys in the same club or something? At least when she's bashing Trump. I'm sure you rely on her opinions often.

STILL waiting for you to respond to my question if it's ok for me to use the n-word when I am making fun of myself. Any special reason you won't respond?
BC I ignore many of your posts. So stop stamping your feet when someone doesn't answer a question you asked.

Why are you ignoring my question whether he was doing the retard or the spazz?
Old 05-05-2020, 12:23 PM   #239
Jim in CT

Quote:
BC I ignore many of your posts. So stop stamping your feet when someone doesn't answer a question you asked.

Why are you ignoring my question whether he was doing the retard or the spazz?

As to your question, what I know for a fact was in his vindictive and obnoxious way, Trump was making fin of a guy who criticized him. He made fun of him in a way that he had made fun of another guy in the past suggesting that his choice of mockery wasn't necessarily related to this guy's condition. If you read Ann Coulters's article, instead of just the sentence that suited your needs, you'd see she was making the same argument I'm making, but she used hateful language to do so. Hateful language that you embraced.

I answered your question. Any chance you can show me the same courtesy? using your logic, can I assume it's OK if I use the n-word while making fun of myself? If not, please explain the difference between that, and your defense of what Obama did.

It must be exhausting to have to get so creative, vague, and evasive, instead of simply answering questions and - god forbid - admitting someone else is right once in awhile.
Old 05-05-2020, 12:30 PM   #240
PaulS

It is not believable to me that you believe Trump did not make fun of the reporter by imitating and mocking his movements - whether they were as a result of a physical or some type of mental disability. And for that reason, I think you have no credibility (and TDS).

How low we have fallen that this would even be a subject - but with Trump nothing is too low.