Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-13-2019, 09:47 AM   #10
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
Does anyone disagree with you? Is anyone suggesting that the southern border is the only pressing issue?

I b et we can extend the barriers as Trump is proposing, AND have cops walking a beat in Chicago.

It's not one or the other.

Are you people for real? These are without a doubt, the stupidest, lamest, easiest-to-destroy, most thoughtless arguments I have ever heard on any topic, since i started paying attention to politics.

Extending existing barriers isn't perfect, some people will get through. It won't stop school shootings in New England, it won't stop gang violence in Chicago, it won't cure cancer or end poverty. It won't do any of those things.

Want to know what it will do? Look at what happened in San Diego, and Yuma Arizona, after barriers went up there.

Jim Acosta for Gods sake, spent 10 minutes at the border, and because he didn't see anything, means it's not a crisis? Do you know how stupid that is? It's as stupid as me saying, "I went to Chicago twice for work, I didn't get shot, didn't see anyone get shot, so the stories of violence are made up".

See how stupid that is?
Glad to see you characterize it as the “issue” it is and not the national emergency the White House would like us to believe. I’d also suggest the reduced national security at our ports of entry due to disgruntled government workers is ironically happening over a shutdown over national security.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

Last edited by Got Stripers; 01-13-2019 at 09:55 AM..