Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 02-10-2023, 05:04 PM   #181
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulS View Post
If everyone responded to every question you asked John would need a new server. I have never felt the need to respond to everything I see or asked.
Here's the thing, Paul. It took you twenty times longer to type that nonsense, than it would have for you to just answer yes/no to my question. Twenty times the time. You typed 28 words to explain your cowardly dodge. If you really cared about John's server, wouldn't you have just answered my question with a yes or no? After all, it was a yes/no question.

So it has noting to do with how long it would take you to answer, or John's server space. You're just too cowardly or dishonest (I can't think of a third option, sorry) to answer.

What exactly is in that Kool Aid? Some potent, powerful stuff. Wow.
Old 02-10-2023, 05:07 PM   #182
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dad Fisherman View Post
“is there waste in the federal budget”?

Yes!
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Yes sir. And the republicans are no better at all, in this regard, than democrats. They may be worse, because at least the democrats don't lie when not in power about promising fiscal responsibility if elected.

All of us, both sides, need to re-think the kinds of people we elect to represent us.

Have a good weekend.
Old 02-10-2023, 05:35 PM   #183
wdmso

During a Tuesday hearing on border security, Frost used his backbench seat on the Oversight Committee to get two border police officials to overturn the entire premise of the GOP argument on immigration, that Democrats want “open borders”:

Frost: When President Biden took office, did your agents stop enforcing the border and just allow everyone to come in thus creating what we hear is an open border.
Chavez: The answer is no

Imagine that The GOP hearings own witness debunked their open border claims …. What Fools
Old 02-10-2023, 05:39 PM   #184
wdmso

You can’t make this up but to the faithful it won’t matter

As Gov. Ron DeSantis prepared for an election night party in downtown Tampa last year, city officials received a surprising — and politically sensitive — request.
The Republican governor’s campaign wanted weapons banned from his victory celebration at the city-run Tampa Convention Center, a city official said in emails obtained by The Washington Post. And the campaign suggested that the city take responsibility for the firearms ban, the official said — not the governor, who has been a vocal supporter of gun rights.
Old 02-10-2023, 05:45 PM   #185
detbuch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
Yes sir. And the republicans are no better at all, in this regard, than democrats. They may be worse, because at least the democrats don't lie when not in power about promising fiscal responsibility if elected.

All of us, both sides, need to re-think the kinds of people we elect to represent us.

Have a good weekend.
The larger the size, scope, and power of a government, the more money it takes to maintain itself. Our Federal Government has constantly and continuously enlarged itself, and has accordingly gotten deeper in debt. What budget conscious people consider "waste" is a necessary expense for those in power to maintain and grow that power.

Who we vote for is no longer the answer for getting rid of "waste" in the Federal Government unless We the Voters want to take back the power that has been snatched from us, and become far more responsible for our lives and destinies. That would take a different kind of people. It would take a people more like those Americans of 1776.

We are not those people.
Old 02-10-2023, 08:08 PM   #186
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Quote:
Originally Posted by detbuch View Post
The larger the size, scope, and power of a government, the more money it takes to maintain itself. Our Federal Government has constantly and continuously enlarged itself, and has accordingly gotten deeper in debt. What budget conscious people consider "waste" is a necessary expense for those in power to maintain and grow that power.

Who we vote for is no longer the answer for getting rid of "waste" in the Federal Government unless We the Voters want to take back the power that has been snatched from us, and become far more responsible for our lives and destinies. That would take a different kind of people. It would take a people more like those Americans of 1776.

We are not those people.
Unless your living under a rock, or are in climate change denial, you would notice all these states that are being hammered by the resulting extreme weather catastrophes are being bailed out by your government, with the help of your tax dollars. The scientific community predicts it will only get worse, so if you drastically downsize government and let’s face it, it’s not likely happening in our lifetime, who picks up the tab? So it’s back on the states and how do you think they will pay for it without government assistance, oh yeah your taxes just went up significantly and can you just imagine how fu*ked up some of those efforts would be with the current infrastructure in place. So you can pay the feds or your state, either way someone needs to pay that tab.

I guess you were just born in the wrong time.
Old 02-10-2023, 08:34 PM   #187
wdmso

Quote:

We are not those people.

Yep spoken like a Time Machine conservative . Calling for a revolution

I knew you were disappointed that Jan 6th Failed you actually thought your dreams had come true ..
Old 02-10-2023, 09:49 PM   #188
detbuch

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
Yep spoken like a Time Machine conservative . Calling for a revolution

I knew you were disappointed that Jan 6th Failed you actually thought your dreams had come true ..
The 1776 Revolution already happened. And it has greatly been abandoned.

After that revolution was won, and a workable Constitution was created as the law to sustain it, the great bulk of American citizens were the body politic who were the "kind of people" who understood that it must be sustained. It took a good bit of time for the American citizen to be transformed into something else.

We now have enough Americans that mock that revolution, consider it an unjust impediment to some unformed path to universal equity. And one of the greatest obstacles to achieving the goals of that inchoate struggle is the notion of individual sovereignty. That is now a simplistic notion. This has also been a revolution. One that has transformed the American citizen into one who understands that the individual must submit to the superior wisdom and expertise of the benevolent state.

So, no, I was not disappointed that the Jan6 riot "failed." It was not a thing that could, in any way, succeed. It was, mostly, regressive, and I was disappointed that it happened.

Even though it was an ignorant attempt without a coherent goal, it did exhibit a sort of reckless spirit which, if it coalesced into an actual spirit of liberty which would not need an armed Revolution to succeed, but to grow into a movement to restore the actual liberties that we still, latently, possess.

That is still possible. A "revolution" would not be needed. Originalism, in a broad sense, if actually practiced, would be a starting point back to a future that has been interrupted by a Progressive wokeness that has infected American politics and culture.
Old 02-10-2023, 11:28 PM   #189
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:

After that revolution was won, and a workable Constitution was created as the law to sustain it, the great bulk of American citizens were the body politic who were the "kind of people" who understood that it must be sustained. It took a good bit of time for the American citizen to be transformed into something else.

We now have enough Americans that mock that revolution, consider it an unjust impediment to some unformed path to universal equity. And one of the greatest obstacles to achieving the goals of that inchoate struggle is the notion of individual sovereignty. That is now a simplistic notion. This has also been a revolution. One that has transformed the American citizen into one who understands that the individual must submit to the superior wisdom and expertise of the benevolent state.

So, no, I was not disappointed that the Jan6 riot "failed." It was not a thing that could, in any way, succeed. It was, mostly, regressive, and I was disappointed that it happened.

Even though it was an ignorant attempt without a coherent goal, it did exhibit a sort of reckless spirit which, if it coalesced into an actual spirit of liberty which would not need an armed Revolution to succeed, but to grow into a movement to restore the actual liberties that we still, latently, possess.

That is still possible. A "revolution" would not be needed. Originalism, in a broad sense, if actually practiced, would be a starting point back to a future that has been interrupted by a Progressive wokeness that has infected American politics and culture.
Right back to 1860

At one point, the operatives laugh over needing “more Black voices for Trump.” Iverson also references their efforts to engage with Black voters.
“We ever talk to Black people before? I don’t think so,” he said, eliciting laughter from others in the room.

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Lets Go Darwin
Old 02-11-2023, 07:24 AM   #190
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

DeBarr needs to find him a DeLorian and retrofit it with a flux capacitor and go back to a time he would fit in.
Old 02-11-2023, 08:02 AM   #191
wdmso

Quote:

that has been interrupted by a Progressive wokeness that has infected American politics and culture.

Silly rabbit the founders were progressives and I am sure if woke was a thing back then.

the English king and colonial loyalists would be referring to them as woke Rebels

You really need to up your game in the history of the world and it’s nations and governments .

And Get back to us when you find one that hasn’t changed since it’s creation

Last edited by wdmso; 02-11-2023 at 08:12 AM..
Old 02-11-2023, 09:03 AM   #192
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

DeBarr suffers from desiderium, sadly I feel there is no cure for him, maybe when the ice breaks and he can get out his snoopy rod and catch some crappie.
Old 02-11-2023, 10:03 AM   #193
Jim in CT

Quote:
that has been interrupted by a Progressive wokeness that has infected American politics and culture.

Silly rabbit the founders were progressives and I am sure if woke was a thing back then.

the English king and colonial loyalists would be referring to them as woke Rebels

You really need to up your game in the history of the world and it’s nations and governments .

people who wanted to fight to the death for individual liberty and less taxes, you describe as woke, progressive liberals? people who fought so that the government would leave them alone, those are progressive liberals?

You’ve really got a keen intellect there. I mean that’s impressive logic.

Last edited by Jim in CT; 02-11-2023 at 10:49 AM..
Old 02-11-2023, 10:32 AM   #194
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
people who wanted to fight to the death for individual liberty and less taxes, you describe as woke, progressive liberals?

More of your usual baloney and it’s comical since you support every authoritarian you can find and the one who imposed one of the the greatest tax increases.

The Trump administration imposed nearly $80 billion worth of new taxes on Americans by levying tariffs on thousands of products, which is equivalent to one of the largest tax increases in decades. Based on 2021 import levels and country exemptions, the tariffs amounted to a $52.6 billion tax increase in 2021.

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Lets Go Darwin
Old 02-11-2023, 10:52 AM   #195
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
More of your usual baloney and it’s comical since you support every authoritarian you can find and the one who imposed one of the the greatest tax increases.

The Trump administration imposed nearly $80 billion worth of new taxes on Americans by levying tariffs on thousands of products, which is equivalent to one of the largest tax increases in decades. Based on 2021 import levels and country exemptions, the tariffs amounted to a $52.6 billion tax increase in 2021.
now, we have the pleasure of hearing from the guy who said democrats ended slavery!

You’re right pete, that must be why prices of goods were so much higher when Trump was president than they are today.

is there some kind of low-IQ newsletter you subscribe to, or something?
Old 02-11-2023, 10:54 AM   #196
Jim in CT

Quote:

IF we believe your “data”, a 52b tax hike is about, what, $150 bucks a year for each one of us.

current inflation is coating americans to spend between 5k and 10k more a year, to maintain their standard of living.

good thing it’s transitory.
Old 02-11-2023, 11:07 AM   #197
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
now, we have the pleasure of hearing from the guy who said democrats ended slavery!

You’re right pete, that must be why prices of goods were so much higher when Trump was president than they are today.

is there some kind of low-IQ newsletter you subscribe to, or something?
Oh poor Dictim
You’ve confused yourself again.
Thinking that today’s Trumplican party is the party of Lincoln.

(At one point, the operatives laugh over needing “more Black voices for Trump.” Iverson also references their efforts to engage with Black voters.
“We ever talk to Black people before? I don’t think so,” he said, eliciting laughter from others in the room.)

Now tell me about corporate profits and stock buybacks.

Or change your alpha male, conservative ways and find peace as a liberal. Choose light, not darkness. Like the sun, the warmth is contagious.

Lets Go Darwin
Old 02-11-2023, 12:08 PM   #198
Jim in CT

Quote:
Oh poor Dictim
You’ve confused yourself again.
Thinking that today’s Trumplican party is the party of Lincoln.

(At one point, the operatives laugh over needing “more Black voices for Trump.” Iverson also references their efforts to engage with Black voters.
“We ever talk to Black people before? I don’t think so,” he said, eliciting laughter from others in the room.)

Now tell me about corporate profits and stock buybacks.

Or change your alpha male, conservative ways and find peace as a liberal. Choose light, not darkness. Like the sun, the warmth is contagious.
corporate profits and stick buybacks? wall street is a democrat entity now pete. If you don’t like wall street, look in the mirror.
Old 02-11-2023, 02:50 PM   #199
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
corporate profits and stick buybacks? wall street is a democrat entity now pete. If you don’t like wall street, look in the mirror.
Poor dictim, the Trumplicans need better candidates to attract big money.
TOM STEYER: And let me say this. I, of course, will be supporting - I've said from the beginning, every Democrat is a million times better than Trump. Trump is a disaster.

You think corporate America is going to take Ronda Santis’ attacks on Disney, but of course racial justice and the environment don’t matter, just look at what Ronda’s done in Floriduh.

Lets Go Darwin
Old 02-11-2023, 05:09 PM   #200
Jim in CT

Quote:
Poor dictim, the Trumplicans need better candidates to attract big money.
TOM STEYER: And let me say this. I, of course, will be supporting - I've said from the beginning, every Democrat is a million times better than Trump. Trump is a disaster.

You think corporate America is going to take Ronda Santis’ attacks on Disney, but of course racial justice and the environment don’t matter, just look at what Ronda’s done in Floriduh.
so are you opposed to wall street, or not? you’re kind of all over the place, depending on the moment. is it a good thing, or a bad thing, to be the party that is embraced by wall street and silicon valley tycoons?

if our candidates are bad, why do we have more elected offices at the state and federal levels?

Ronda! Good one! making fun of names instead of talking about issues is. great sign.

disney made blatantly false attacks against Ronda. Play stupid games…
Old 02-11-2023, 07:10 PM   #201
wdmso

Quote:
people who wanted to fight to the death for individual liberty and less taxes, you describe as woke, progressive liberals? people who fought so that the government would leave them alone, those are progressive liberals?

Well Jim what would you call them ? you seem to have left that part out?

Your another one with not historical prospective at all. Absent of any intellectual credibility . And clearly can’t think on your own

If we view the Founding Fathers and the 55 framers of the constitution through the lens of the present, it is apparent that they would be considered progressive thinkers. The purpose of the formation of our democratic republic was to create a system of institutional alternatives to what was available at the time. A new way of living that had never existed before. It was a time in American history where human imagination and cooperation created new alternatives to the historical organization of economic, political, and social structures.

That’s America breaking away from England
Old 02-11-2023, 07:20 PM   #202
scottw

Quote:

Your another one with not historical prospective at all.

Absent of any intellectual credibility .

And clearly can’t think on your own

just priceless.......
Old 02-11-2023, 08:00 PM   #203
detbuch

Quote:
Silly rabbit the founders were progressives

Certainly not capital "P" Progressives. Political Progressivism is anti US Constitution as written by the Founders.

and I am sure if woke was a thing back then. the English king and colonial loyalists would be referring to them as woke Rebels

If "woke" as it is culturally characterized today was a thing back then, the Founders would join the English King and Colonial Loyalists in branding them as insane and a threat to humanity.

What hasn't changed is human nature. Certainly not since 1776. And discernably not since recorded history.

And human nature is complex. It is often its own enemy. We have internal conflicts between a desire to be free, and a desire to be taken care of. We have a desire to rule as well as a desire to be ruled. We have a desire to be independent and a desire to be part of a protective group.

The Founders crafted a constitutional system of government that would provide the maximum opportunity for individual human beings to fulfill their inherent natural tendencies and desires without suppressing those of others.

That requires a balanced cooperation between the complex blends and combinations of natural humanity in the country's diverse population of individuals. When that balance tips in favor of those who wish to rule, for whatever reason, then the opportunity for individuals to fulfill their personal tendencies and desires will shrink.

And when the tendency to be ruled or to be taken care of becomes greater in a majority of the people than their desires to be free and independent, then they will be easier, even eager, to be ruled. And so those who still have balanced or strong desires to be self-reliant will become odd, out of touch, a danger to society. And the Constitution will be an obstacle to overcome.
Old 02-11-2023, 11:07 PM   #204
wdmso

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottw View Post
just priceless.......
The king of drive by’s returns Once again offering nothing to the conversation Not surprised