Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

     

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Right Nav

Left Container Right Container
 

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

 
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 01-23-2023, 08:20 PM   #91
Jim in CT
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 20,429
turns out, FL state law actually requires that black history ( actual black history) be taught. This proposed AP course included black queer theory, and abolishing prisons, and reparations, on the syllabus. that’s not education, that’s someone with an agenda.

Let’s not let facts get in the way of smearing the governor as a racist!
Jim in CT is offline  
Old 01-23-2023, 11:08 PM   #92
Pete F.
Canceled
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: vt
Posts: 13,069
RINO? Republican Governor Chris Sununu BLASTS Ron DeSantis for his war against Disney and other institutions: "You don’t penalize private businesses because they disagree with you politically. It’s still a private business...that just crosses a line.”
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Pete F. is offline  
Old 01-23-2023, 11:14 PM   #93
Pete F.
Canceled
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: vt
Posts: 13,069
Florida’s Republican governor and presidential aspirant Ron DeSantis has made a name for himself by harassing Black voters, setting up a system to sue teachers for teaching race in ways that might offend Whites, singling out LGBTQ youth (while gagging teachers) and engaging in extreme gerrymandering to reduce the voting power of minorities.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Pete F. is offline  
Old 01-23-2023, 11:29 PM   #94
Pete F.
Canceled
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: vt
Posts: 13,069
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
turns out, FL state law actually requires that black history ( actual black history) be taught. This proposed AP course included black queer theory, and abolishing prisons, and reparations, on the syllabus. that’s not education, that’s someone with an agenda.

Let’s not let facts get in the way of smearing the governor as a racist!
Really, someone is lying again because he knows his followers are blind

Here’s the syllabus

https://www.documentcloud.org/docume...abus-watermark
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Lets Go Darwin
Pete F. is offline  
Old 01-24-2023, 07:21 AM   #95
wdmso
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Somerset MA
Posts: 9,127
We’ll M&M are now woke Tucker said so..

I thought it was a joke but it wasn’t
Conservatives see woke because the green MM lost her go go boots and isn’t sexy anymore
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
wdmso is offline  
Old 01-24-2023, 07:23 AM   #96
Jim in CT
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 20,429
Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
We’ll M&M are now woke Tucker said so..

I thought it was a joke but it wasn’t
Conservatives see woke because the green MM lost her go go boots and isn’t sexy anymore
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
that’s silly and stupid of tucker, agreed.
Jim in CT is offline  
Old 01-24-2023, 07:26 AM   #97
Jim in CT
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 20,429
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
RINO? Republican Governor Chris Sununu BLASTS Ron DeSantis for his war against Disney and other institutions: "You don’t penalize private businesses because they disagree with you politically. It’s still a private business...that just crosses a line.”
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
i don’t think disney should
operate as its own entity, but Desantis shouldn’t have taken that away just because they smeared him. Sununu is correct in this case.

Disney, like you guys, called the bill “don’t say gay”, when the bill didn’t single out homosexuality. the bill
said no discussion of any sexuality in grades K-3. Kind of. leap to call it the “don’t say gay” bill.

But retribution is wrong, and that’s obviously what Desantis did. A big mis-step that is perfectly legit to attack him with.
Jim in CT is offline  
Old 01-24-2023, 07:31 AM   #98
Jim in CT
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 20,429
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
Really, someone is lying again because he knows his followers are blind

Here’s the syllabus

https://www.documentcloud.org/docume...abus-watermark
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
page 23 of the syllabus you posted, mentions queer study.

page 25 of the syllabus you posted, mentions reparations

your post supported the claims in my post, 100%.

you’re a pathological liar, not to be taken even a little but seriously. You had absolutely no idea what was even in the document you posted. Somehow you determined that it contradicted my claims, when it perfectly supported my claims. You don’t even know what you’re arguing.

Last edited by Jim in CT; 01-24-2023 at 08:14 AM..
Jim in CT is offline  
Old 01-24-2023, 08:16 AM   #99
Pete F.
Canceled
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: vt
Posts: 13,069
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
page 23 of the syllabus you posted, mentions queer study.

page 25 of the syllabus you posted, mentions reparations

your post supported the claims in my post, 100%.

you’re a pathological liar, not to be taken even a little but seriously. You had absolutely no idea what was even in the document you posted. Somehow you determined that it contradicted my claims, when it perfectly supported my claims. You don’t even know what you’re arguing.

Bitch. Slapped.
Poor victim

Oh! The Irony! By banning anti-racism education, DeSantis is proving critical race theory.

Some things are not allowed to be discussed because the mere mention scares you.

Blacks are imprisoned at 5x the rate of whites and it shouldn’t be discussed.

Everything must be framed in the context of a base-riling crisis, no matter how lurid or absurd: think CRT, antifa, caravans, drag queen story hour.

You don’t argue, you recite rhetoric
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Lets Go Darwin
Pete F. is offline  
Old 01-24-2023, 08:26 AM   #100
Pete F.
Canceled
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: vt
Posts: 13,069
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
i don’t think disney should
operate as its own entity, but Desantis shouldn’t have taken that away just because they smeared him. Sununu is correct in this case.

Disney, like you guys, called the bill “don’t say gay”, when the bill didn’t single out homosexuality. the bill
said no discussion of any sexuality in grades K-3. Kind of. leap to call it the “don’t say gay” bill.

But retribution is wrong, and that’s obviously what Desantis did. A big mis-step that is perfectly legit to attack him with.
Florida teachers are being told to remove all books from their classroom libraries OR FACE FELONY PROSECUTION

The new policy is based on the premise that teachers are using books to "groom" students or indoctrinate them with leftist ideologies.

Officials from the Manatee County School District confirmed the new policy to popular.info.

The policy was communicated to principals in a meeting last Wednesday.

Teachers are in the process of being informed now.

The new policy in Manatee, which is likely to be duplicated across Florida, was issued in response to HB 1467, which was signed into law by DeSantis last March.

That law established that teachers could not be trusted to select books appropriate for their students.

Instead, all books in libraries or used in classroom instruction must be selected by a "media specialist" (aka, a librarian).

This means that classroom libraries that are curated by teachers, not librarians, are now illegal.

The Manatee County School District is mandating that teachers make their classroom libraries inaccessible until they can establish that each book is approved by a librarian

Some teachers packed up their classroom libraries. Others covered up the books with construction paper

Restoring student access to classroom libraries is a complex process. First, someone must cross-check each book in their classroom library with the district library catalog

Any book not currently held in the district libraries must be evaluated and approved by a librarian

And that's just the beginning. Materials prepared for an upcoming Manatee County School Board meeting include a 21-point list of procedures to ensure that classroom libraries comply with the new rules.

As a result, one Manatee teacher reported being forced to take Sneezy the Snowman and Dragons Love Tacos off the shelves pending review. Other teachers, fearing criminal liability, are telling students not to bring in "unvetted" books from home.

Librarians in Manatee County are now expected to review thousands of books in classroom libraries to ensure compliance with the new law. Any mistake could result in criminal charges. Manatee has 64 public schools and 3,000 teachers, many of whom maintain classroom libraries.

The librarian's review of classroom books must also be consistent with a complex training, which was heavily influenced by right-wing groups like Moms For Liberty and approved by the Florida Department of Education just last week.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Lets Go Darwin
Pete F. is offline  
Old 01-24-2023, 08:29 AM   #101
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits
iTrader: (0)
 
Got Stripers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: I live in a house, but my soul is at sea.
Posts: 8,399
I guess Jim doesn’t own a TV or if so hasn’t really been watching, the commercials and the programming are all evidence our society has changed and accepted the portrayal of same sex, transgender and even the dreaded drag life styles. I won’t argue Jim’s position on preferring a normal from thirty or forty years ago, because I too feel we have become a disconnected society in many ways. But since it is now the normal and our kids are exposed in everyday life and may (debate that point) benefit from a educator handling questions that parents may not be willing or able to answer.
Got Stripers is offline  
Old 01-24-2023, 08:48 AM   #102
Jim in CT
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 20,429
Quote:
Originally Posted by Got Stripers View Post
I guess Jim doesn’t own a TV or if so hasn’t really been watching, the commercials and the programming are all evidence our society has changed and accepted the portrayal of same sex, transgender and even the dreaded drag life styles. I won’t argue Jim’s position on preferring a normal from thirty or forty years ago, because I too feel we have become a disconnected society in many ways. But since it is now the normal and our kids are exposed in everyday life and may (debate that point) benefit from a educator handling questions that parents may not be willing or able to answer.
Hey Einstein, I was in favor of gay marriage before the state of CA voted it down, I was for it when Hilary and Obama were still opposed to it.

The fact is, the FL bill that the entire left referred to as "don't say gay", didn't do anything to single out homosexuality. It said that no sexuality of any kind (not homosexuality, not heterosexuality) was allowed in grades K-3. Is that really a hate-mongering bill? Do you feel the need to expose 5 year-olds to sexuality in public school? Maybe that says something about you, and about the people who opposed a bill that said "no sex to 5 year-olds".

While I'm in favor of gay marriage, I'd like to be left out of it, I don't need homosexuality shoved in my face every time I turn around. There's a good reason why bedrooms have doors. It's supposed to be private.

And the notion that young teenagers of both sexes should share locker rooms and bathrooms is so stupid, it's hard to believe anyone is OK with it.

Let 5 year-olds be kids. They aren't mature enough to process anything sexual. And with all the school they missed (FL missed less than most states), let's give them more reading and writing.

You want to teach 5 year old about sex, do it with your family, on your own time.

This is what the citizens of FL want. This is why he was re elected in a rout. If the law is unconstitutional, it will be challenged. Otherwise, elections have consequences.
Jim in CT is offline  
Old 01-24-2023, 08:50 AM   #103
Jim in CT
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 20,429
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
Poor victim

Oh! The Irony! By banning anti-racism education, DeSantis is proving critical race theory.

Some things are not allowed to be discussed because the mere mention scares you.

Blacks are imprisoned at 5x the rate of whites and it shouldn’t be discussed.

Everything must be framed in the context of a base-riling crisis, no matter how lurid or absurd: think CRT, antifa, caravans, drag queen story hour.

You don’t argue, you recite rhetoric
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
I absolutely humiliated you, and you think I see myself as the victim. How the world must look to you, it staggers the imagination...
Jim in CT is offline  
Old 01-24-2023, 09:00 AM   #104
Pete F.
Canceled
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: vt
Posts: 13,069
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
I absolutely humiliated you, and you think I see myself as the victim. How the world must look to you, it staggers the imagination...
Only in your small mind

Why does the entire Republican agenda involve stopping, limiting, or taking away something? Don't bare arms. Don't teach history. Don't take the Morning After pill. Limit who can vote. Don't have an abortion. Don't read these books. Don't say gay. Tell me again how it is the Freedom Party?
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Lets Go Darwin
Pete F. is offline  
Old 01-24-2023, 09:23 AM   #105
Jim in CT
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 20,429
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
Only in your small mind

Why does the entire Republican agenda involve stopping, limiting, or taking away something? Don't bare arms. Don't teach history. Don't take the Morning After pill. Limit who can vote. Don't have an abortion. Don't read these books. Don't say gay. Tell me again how it is the Freedom Party?
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
you posted the syllabus to show i was wrong about it containing queer theory and reparations. But the syllabus you posted, specifically mentions queer theory and reparations

“don’t teach history.”

yup. that’s what the GOP advocates for. you figured us out Pete.

“don’t read these books.”

no one is saying that. But not all books belong in a public school.

Liar.

Liberals never say “no” to anyone. right,,right. No one has ever been cancelled or censored by the left,,never. No mention of god in school, no displaying police flags, no saying “all lives matter”, no wearing mags baseball caps, blah, blah, blah…
Jim in CT is offline  
Old 01-24-2023, 09:35 AM   #106
Pete F.
Canceled
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: vt
Posts: 13,069
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
you posted the syllabus to show i was wrong about it containing queer theory and reparations. But the syllabus you posted, specifically mentions queer theory and reparations

“don’t teach history.”

yup. that’s what the GOP advocates for. you figured us out Pete.


Poor victim

Black scholars have spent decades curating Black American history so that it can be accurately taught to students. By negating their scholarship, DeSantis, a White guy, is telling Black ppl what part of their history matters.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Lets Go Darwin
Pete F. is offline  
Old 01-24-2023, 09:42 AM   #107
Pete F.
Canceled
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: vt
Posts: 13,069
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post

Liberals never say “no” to anyone. right,,right. No one has ever been cancelled or censored by the left,,never. No mention of god in school, no displaying police flags, no saying “all lives matter”, no wearing mags baseball caps, blah, blah, blah…
I missed official government announcements regarding those.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Lets Go Darwin
Pete F. is offline  
Old 01-24-2023, 10:02 AM   #108
Jim in CT
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 20,429
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
Poor victim

Black scholars have spent decades curating Black American history so that it can be accurately taught to students. By negating their scholarship, DeSantis, a White guy, is telling Black ppl what part of their history matters.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
you’ve said here that it was liberals/democrats who fought against slavery and segregation. so who taught you history?
Jim in CT is offline  
Old 01-24-2023, 11:37 AM   #109
detbuch
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 7,688
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
Poor victim

Black scholars have spent decades curating Black American history so that it can be accurately taught to students. By negating their scholarship, DeSantis, a White guy, is telling Black ppl what part of their history matters.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Black scholars are poor victims. They should have the Black privilege of writing their own history. They are not racists. White scholars are racists.
detbuch is offline  
Old 01-24-2023, 12:15 PM   #110
detbuch
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 7,688
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
Only in your small mind

Why does the entire Republican agenda involve stopping, limiting, or taking away something? Don't bare arms. Don't teach history. Don't take the Morning After pill. Limit who can vote. Don't have an abortion. Don't read these books. Don't say gay. Tell me again how it is the Freedom Party?
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Of course, propaganda is full of misrepresentation, as is your propaganda. That is not the "entire" Republican agenda. Nor is most of what you said true. Republicans believe that American citizens have the right to own, carry, and use guns. They are for teaching history. They don't limit who can vote beyond any constitutional limit. They are mixed on when, or if, abortion should be legal. They don't demand that "these" books should not be read. They don't demand that you cannot say "gay" (the Dems do ban certain words that are "racist" or provocative, they even change the meaning of words, like "racist" to suit there agenda).
So, yeah, the Repubs are pretty much for freedom. Even for the freedom of people and communities to decide, within the parameters of the Constitution, on those don'ts that you mention.
detbuch is offline  
Old 01-24-2023, 01:04 PM   #111
Pete F.
Canceled
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: vt
Posts: 13,069
Not surprised to see DeFascists greatest fan and Discount Goebbels teaming up.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Pete F. is offline  
Old 01-24-2023, 08:49 PM   #112
Jim in CT
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 20,429
MSNBC says Desantis is an authoritarian because he doesn’t think students should be on their phones during class. Better if they’re watching Tik Tok videos i guess.

imagine being that blinded by your lefty ideology that you say it’s authoritarian to want kids to most attention during classroom instruction.
Jim in CT is offline  
Old 01-24-2023, 11:06 PM   #113
Pete F.
Canceled
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: vt
Posts: 13,069
As usual DeFascists greatest fan heard part of something on right wing media and thinks he’s found the
Here’s the rest
“It is not the phones, people. It is the arrogance of a man who wants to control everyone and everything: businesses, students, other politicians. He wants to dictate what you learn and read, how you train your employees, and much more.”

The author, Ruth Ben-Ghiat literally wrote the book on Strongmen. I recommend people read her columns and books, especially on Fascism. The book is Strongmen from Mussolini to the Present.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Pete F. is offline  
Old 01-25-2023, 06:29 AM   #114
Jim in CT
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 20,429
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
As usual DeFascists greatest fan heard part of something on right wing media and thinks he’s found the
Here’s the rest
“It is not the phones, people. It is the arrogance of a man who wants to control everyone and everything: businesses, students, other politicians. He wants to dictate what you learn and read, how you train your employees, and much more.”

The author, Ruth Ben-Ghiat literally wrote the book on Strongmen. I recommend people read her columns and books, especially on Fascism. The book is Strongmen from Mussolini to the Present.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
so when he says no phones in class, we should
ignore what he a actually said, and pretend as if he said something else, something way more sinister, something arrogant and authoritarian.

This explains your approach here, where you routinely ignore what was actually said, and respond to something no one ever came close to saying.

Those voices you hear….

yes, republicans ( the ones who want to give peoppe
infinitely more liberty in general) want to control everything.

With you, it’s not about what he actually says and does. It’s about your characterization of him, regardless of how inaccurate. so when he says “no phones during math class”, what you hear is “i’m going to kill everybody”. There’s a term for that condition in medial literature. It’s called schizophrenia. You display it constantly.

Parents will not object to kids not having access to phones during classroom instruction time. every school in the country should already have that rule.

Yes, liberals don’t want to exert any control over what people learn, which is why 50% of faculty are republicans, why there’s zero liberal indoctrination ever in the classroom, and why there’s never been a single case of a riot on a college campus to prevent a conservative from speaking. never. Because liberals believe in free speech and diversity of ideas. It’s a true conviction they have.

Desantis says no phone use during classroom lecture. Liberals suspended a 14 year old female high school freshman in VT, when she said she didn't like sharing the girls locker room with boys. Let each side make that case to America and see what people agree with, and what makes their skin crawl.

Last edited by Jim in CT; 01-25-2023 at 07:03 AM..
Jim in CT is offline  
Old 01-25-2023, 08:29 AM   #115
wdmso
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Somerset MA
Posts: 9,127
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
MSNBC says Desantis is an authoritarian because he doesn’t think students should be on their phones during class. Better if they’re watching Tik Tok videos i guess.

imagine being that blinded by your lefty ideology that you say it’s authoritarian to want kids to most attention during classroom instruction.
"I think to myself, ‘Why are these kids on their phones during class all the time?’

Now parents rights fly out the windows.. funny how that works.

Only Fox News and their brain washed audience think the phone comment is why MSNBC ( fox’s twin) called. Ron. authoritarian
Shocked
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
wdmso is offline  
Old 01-25-2023, 08:37 AM   #116
Jim in CT
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 20,429
Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
"I think to myself, ‘Why are these kids on their phones during class all the time?’

Now parents rights fly out the windows.. funny how that works.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
So parents have a right, to allow their kids to watch Tik Tok videos during class.

As I said, let's present this honestly to parents, and see if they like it or not. Before cell phones, parents had an easy way to get ahold of kids at school if they needed to. If its an emergency, call the school, they contact the kid in 2 seconds. That worked for decades and decades. Now all of a sudden it's not a practical option? Why is that?

If Obama proposed this, you'd all be getting a tingle in your leg. That's all this is. Desantis is a serious challenge in 2024 or 2028, and you hate him for that, to the point of being deranged.

I'm a parent, a tax payer, and I bought phones for my kids. Why would I want my kids on their phones during class, when they're supposed to be learning? Why is that in my interests?

Wayne, you similarly opposed his idea of using tax dollars to lure more police to his state, but you like the idea of using tax dollars to help your family pay off loans that you agreed to take out and you agreed to repay. Explain that logic. If it's not pure partisan derangement, please explain how else you could arrive at those conclusions. I'm genuinely curious.
Jim in CT is offline  
Old 01-25-2023, 09:36 AM   #117
wdmso
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Somerset MA
Posts: 9,127
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
So parents have a right, to allow their kids to watch Tik Tok videos during class.

As I said, let's present this honestly to parents, and see if they like it or not. Before cell phones, parents had an easy way to get ahold of kids at school if they needed to. If its an emergency, call the school, they contact the kid in 2 seconds. That worked for decades and decades. Now all of a sudden it's not a practical option? Why is that?

If Obama proposed this, you'd all be getting a tingle in your leg. That's all this is. Desantis is a serious challenge in 2024 or 2028, and you hate him for that, to the point of being deranged.

I'm a parent, a tax payer, and I bought phones for my kids. Why would I want my kids on their phones during class, when they're supposed to be learning? Why is that in my interests?

Wayne, you similarly opposed his idea of using tax dollars to lure more police to his state, but you like the idea of using tax dollars to help your family pay off loans that you agreed to take out and you agreed to repay. Explain that logic. If it's not pure partisan derangement, please explain how else you could arrive at those conclusions. I'm genuinely curious.

Jim stop moving the goalposts to use your line stop embarrassing yourself ... you can't yell Parents rights then claim they dont have them when it comes to phones in the classrooms ..

I agree phones should not be in class room.. but that's not really the issue is it ..

its Rons track record. and all of his edicts (all which have been driven by his desire to run in 2024) of what to teach what not to teach
who can say something and who can't . what moral and what isn't who can vote who can't.. maybe you should look at the totality of his actions

And of course the tic toc reference those damn chinese 1st the virus now this more GOP fear mongering.. however it or any social media app shouldn't be on any state or federally issues electronic devices.. that just common sense

if you are only see Rons strokes 1 at a time . your missing the picture his painting and its title is authoritarian

Last edited by wdmso; 01-25-2023 at 09:44 AM..
wdmso is offline  
Old 01-25-2023, 09:52 AM   #118
Jim in CT
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 20,429
Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
J

I agree phones should not be in class room.. but that's not really the issue is it ..

its Rons track record. and all of his edicts (all which have been driven by his desire to run in 2024) of what to teach what not to teach
who can say something and who can't . what moral and what isn't who can vote who can't.. maybe you should look at the totality of his actions

And of course the tic toc reference those damn chinese 1st the virus now this more GOP fear mongering.. however it or any social media app shouldn't be on any state or federally issues electronic devices.. that just common sense

if you are only see Rons strokes 1 at a time . your missing the picture his painting and its title is authoritarian
"I agree phones should not be in class room.. but that's not really the issue is it .."

If you are sane, yes that's the issue.

If your goal is to paint him as an authoritarian Nazi, then you need to make it about a bigger issue.

Wayne, Republicans have many flaws, they have as many flaws as anyone else. Obviously they aren't more authoritarian than liberals. Liberals want a bigger government with more control, than conservatives want. That doesn't mean that conservatives are correct, we can reasonably disagree on whether or not more government is good or bad. But to suggest that he's a dictator, is beyond absurd.
Jim in CT is offline  
Old 01-25-2023, 09:56 AM   #119
Jim in CT
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 20,429
Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
Jim stop moving the goalposts to use your line stop embarrassing yourself ... you can't yell Parents rights then claim they dont have them when it comes to phones in the classrooms ..

I agree phones should not be in class room.. but that's not really the issue is it ..

its Rons track record. and all of his edicts (all which have been driven by his desire to run in 2024) of what to teach what not to teach
who can say something and who can't . what moral and what isn't who can vote who can't.. maybe you should look at the totality of his actions

And of course the tic toc reference those damn chinese 1st the virus now this more GOP fear mongering.. however it or any social media app shouldn't be on any state or federally issues electronic devices.. that just common sense

if you are only see Rons strokes 1 at a time . your missing the picture his painting and its title is authoritarian
"and all of his edicts (all which have been driven by his desire to run in 2024) of what to teach what not to teach"

Why wouldn't you conclude that's what his constituents want? Have you listened to parents who show up at school board meetings? Is Desantis ramming his personal agenda upon the state? Or is he doing what his citizens want? The latter, is called "democracy".

"of what to teach what not to teach"

Liberals do that all the time, and you never complain.

"who can say something and who can't"

See my previous response. Talk to the HS football coach who got fired for leading voluntary prayer. That's not authoritarian?

"maybe you should look at the totality of his actions "

His citizens recently did that, it's called an "election". He won in a crushing landslide. What does that tell you? You don't have to like his agenda. The fact is, a huge majority of those who live in his state, like his agenda. That is irrefutable fact.

How about the part of his agenda where he refused to follow the herd and lock his state down, but opened up when the data showed he should? Do you give him any credit for that brave leadership? His citizens love him for it. And they should.
Jim in CT is offline  
Old 01-25-2023, 11:04 AM   #120
wdmso
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Somerset MA
Posts: 9,127
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
"and all of his edicts (all which have been driven by his desire to run in 2024) of what to teach what not to teach"

Why wouldn't you conclude that's what his constituents want? Have you listened to parents who show up at school board meetings? Is Desantis ramming his personal agenda upon the state? Or is he doing what his citizens want? The latter, is called "democracy".

"of what to teach what not to teach"

Liberals do that all the time, and you never complain.

"who can say something and who can't"

See my previous response. Talk to the HS football coach who got fired for leading voluntary prayer. Don't belong on the field at a public school that's Constitution you may have heard about separation of church and state That's not authoritarian? nope its called the law

"maybe you should look at the totality of his actions "

His citizens recently did that, it's called an "election". He won in a crushing landslide. What does that tell you? You don't have to like his agenda. The fact is, a huge majority of those who live in his state, like his agenda. That is irrefutable fact.

How about the part of his agenda where he refused to follow the herd and lock his state down, but opened up when the data showed he should? Do you give him any credit for that brave leadership? His citizens love him for it. And they should.


Jim loves his authoritarian tough guys

Why wouldn't you conclude that's what his constituents want?

Republicans definition of constituents only those who vote in the primaries

and you call opening up Brave leadership LOL the below ad should give you a chubby


wdmso is offline  
 

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:59 PM.


Powered by vBulletin. Copyright ©2000 - 2008, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Please use all necessary and proper safety precautions. STAY SAFE Striper Talk Forums
Copyright 1998-20012 Striped-Bass.com