Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 11-28-2018, 05:04 AM   #91
wdmso

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sea Dangles View Post
Those folks are not asylum seekers. Never were assylum seekers. This is fake news being spoon fed to willing snowflakes. Open wide dummies.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
what's the saying

one or a few bad apple spoils the (whole) barrel

its telling to see the right is focused on the Bad ombre

the left is focused on the assylum seekers

but anything that does not support the right view is considered Fake news .... everytime with any story any time of year ...

whos being spoon fed ? Open wide dummies. its you
Old 11-28-2018, 05:49 AM   #92
scottw

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post

what's the saying

one or a few bad apple spoils the (whole) barrel
Michael Jackson would be very disappointed in you
Old 11-28-2018, 05:52 AM   #93
scottw

Quote:
Those folks are not asylum seekers. Never were assylum seekers. This is fake news being spoon fed to willing snowflakes. Open wide dummies.
I listened to NPR on the road the other day repeatedly state that "peaceful" migrants were "peacefully" gathering at the border when American Border Patrol members began shooting canisters of tear gas at their babies and children.

this must be what happened....
Old 11-28-2018, 06:00 AM   #94
scottw

dumber than trump democrats......

"Hawaii senator Brian Schatz wondered on Twitter if the use of tear gas violated the Chemical Weapons Convention (the answer is an emphatic “no,” and he deleted the tweet). Representative Barbara Lee of California described the gassing of “women and children” as an atrocity and called for U.N. inspectors. Progressive darling Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez compared the migrants to Jews fleeing Nazi Germany."
Old 11-28-2018, 07:03 AM   #95
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottw View Post
dumber than trump democrats......

"Hawaii senator Brian Schatz wondered on Twitter if the use of tear gas violated the Chemical Weapons Convention (the answer is an emphatic “no,” and he deleted the tweet). Representative Barbara Lee of California described the gassing of “women and children” as an atrocity and called for U.N. inspectors. Progressive darling Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez compared the migrants to Jews fleeing Nazi Germany."
Don't forget Alyssa Milano, she's become the defacto spokesperson for....well.....anything that bothers people.

"If you're arguing with an idiot, make sure he isn't doing the same thing."
Old 11-28-2018, 07:05 AM   #96
Sea Dangles

Give me your tired,your poor and your rock throwers.
Old 11-28-2018, 07:09 AM   #97
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

Quote:
another example of the right

Every time you hit the keyboard gives me more insight into why you expect the government to take care of people.

Old 11-28-2018, 07:35 AM   #98
Sea Dangles

But when his fearless leader decided to burn Branch Davidians in Waco it was business as usual. Short memories for the #^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&s. This has nothing to do with asylum,never did. Just gives the #^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&s another reason to bash Trump for something they have given their own side a pass for. Revisionist history lessons given by the sheep dressed up as donkeys.
Old 11-28-2018, 08:17 AM   #99
spence

Quote:
This has nothing to do with asylum,never did.
You’re correct here. This is simply about Trump using bigotry and fear to rile up the base by bringing out the worst in some people. He’s just using the easiest target he can find.
Old 11-28-2018, 08:36 AM   #100
Sea Dangles

It is actually Trump just doing what he said he would do. This is nothing new. Give props where due,the guy has the courage to do what is right for our safety. If these folks throw rocks at our border agents then what type of neighbors would they be? I find it hard to believe this is newsworthy.
Old 11-28-2018, 08:37 AM   #101
Sea Dangles

Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
You’re correct here. This is simply about Trump using bigotry and fear to rile up the base by bringing out the worst in some people. He’s just using the easiest target he can find.
Maybe the vile republicans staged the rock throwing to make their point.🙂

PRO CHOICE REPUBLICAN
Old 11-28-2018, 08:59 AM   #102
spence

Quote:
It is actually Trump just doing what he said he would do. This is nothing new. Give props where due,the guy has the courage to do what is right for our safety. If these folks throw rocks at our border agents then what type of neighbors would they be? I find it hard to believe this is newsworthy.
Please, I’ve seen worse at an Iowa State party and these were college students not desperate asylum seekers.

This immigration crisis is a fabrication to get votes and isn’t going to lead to any meaningful reform. It seeems to have caught your fancy though.
Old 11-28-2018, 09:00 AM   #103
Slipknot
Super Moderator

Quote:
This is simply about Trump using bigotry and fear to rile up the base by bringing out the worst in some people.
So you blame Trump for some people throwing rocks?

I see

The United States Constitution does not exist to grant you rights; those rights are inherent within you. Rather it exists to frame a limited government so that those natural rights can be exercised freely.

1984 was a warning, not a guidebook!

It's time more people spoke up with the truth. Every time we let a leftist lie go uncorrected, the commies get stronger.
Old 11-28-2018, 09:02 AM   #104
Slipknot
Super Moderator

Point out one actual bonafide asylum seeker in that caravan Spence

The United States Constitution does not exist to grant you rights; those rights are inherent within you. Rather it exists to frame a limited government so that those natural rights can be exercised freely.

1984 was a warning, not a guidebook!

It's time more people spoke up with the truth. Every time we let a leftist lie go uncorrected, the commies get stronger.
Old 11-28-2018, 09:05 AM   #105
Pete F.
Canceled

Rock throwing people are awful, how dare anyone protest anything.
These guys must have been a bunch of criminal liberals, they certainly were in some peoples eyes.
https://www.history.com/topics/ameri...oston-massacre

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Lets Go Darwin
Old 11-28-2018, 09:10 AM   #106
JohnR
Certifiable Intertidal Anguiologist

Quote:
So you either support the use of deadly force on all people in all events where things are thrown at police or you do not it's not a hard choice .

Or do you support this simply because of who they are are and where they are from
No, it is a hard (as in difficult) choice. It is a hard choice where in certain situations events can rise to the use of lethal force. Hopefully before that threshold is reached, non-lethal force can be substituted. There are vetted policies and procedures as to when that force can be applied - you do know this, right?

Quote:
its sad that our troops in Afghanistan wouldn't shoot people who throw rocks in a combat zone .. yet some American here see no issue with the idea ... must be that MAGA thing
And I would expect the same restraint in the unlikely event this happened along the border for multiple reasons. First, restraint, they are (mostly) professional. Second, because, as you well aware, the Active Duty Army is Constitutionally Limited to what they can do along the border, and that they are in a support function.

~Fix the Bait~ ~Pogies Forever~

Striped Bass Fishing - All Stripers

Kobayashi Maru Election - there is no way to win.

Apocalypse is Coming:
Old 11-28-2018, 09:12 AM   #107
Sea Dangles

Quote:
Please, I’ve seen worse at an Iowa State party and these were college students not desperate asylum seekers.

This immigration crisis is a fabrication to get votes and isn’t going to lead to any meaningful reform. It seeems to have caught your fancy though.
So,yes college is crazy and out of control sometimes. This is not what I would call behavior that is going to produce the golden ticket Jeff. If they are indeed desperate then it’s a shame they couldn’t find the clarity to be on their best behavior. Do you want to live next to folks who stone whomever does not give them satisfaction? Your judgement seems clouded Jeff. Reform is not the goal so I am not sure what you mean by that. The real goal is keeping borders secure which is something we can all agree is a good thing.

PRO CHOICE REPUBLICAN
Old 11-28-2018, 09:15 AM   #108
Sea Dangles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
Rock throwing people are awful, how dare anyone protest anything.
These guys must have been a bunch of criminal liberals, they certainly were in some peoples eyes.
https://www.history.com/topics/ameri...oston-massacre
So you are trying to draw a comparison simply because of rocks being used? Please tell me you are not that stupid.

PRO CHOICE REPUBLICAN
Old 11-28-2018, 09:18 AM   #109
Jim in CT

Quote:

it’s not a fake crisis. it might seem that way in new england where we don’t live amongst the illegal aliens.

the democrats want future voters, that’s what this is. If Mexican immigrants ever start voting republican, watch how fast the liberals change their tune, they’d ship every last one of these people to the southern tip of Tierra
Del Fuego.

Spence whats ‘bigoted’ exactly, about insisting that immigrants follow the rules? Do you tell your kids to cut lines when it’s convenient for them?
Old 11-28-2018, 10:25 AM   #110
spence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
it’s not a fake crisis. it might seem that way in new england where we don’t live amongst the illegal aliens.
It's totally a fake crisis Jim, border apprehensions are down more than 5 times what they were in 2000, the US based population of undocumented immigrants is estimated to have declined in the last decade. We still need comprehensive reform but this is exactly the wrong way to go about it.

Quote:
the democrats want future voters, that’s what this is. If Mexican immigrants ever start voting republican, watch how fast the liberals change their tune, they’d ship every last one of these people to the southern tip of Tierra
Del Fuego.
This is perhaps one of the dumbest talking points out there. To apply for citizenship you have to have a green card for 5 years, which you're not going to get if you can't demonstrate you entered the US legally.

Even for those granted permanent asylum you still have to wait years to have your case heard, then if it's approved wait another year to get a green card and then 5 more before you can apply for citizenship.

Nobody is doing this to gain a handful of voters.

Quote:
Spence whats ‘bigoted’ exactly, about insisting that immigrants follow the rules? Do you tell your kids to cut lines when it’s convenient for them?
The Honduran refugees aren't trying to cut in line, they're seeking asylum which is perfectly legal. Many of them likely won't get it. If you can't understand the bigotry in the whole thing I'm not going to be able to help you.
Old 11-28-2018, 11:07 AM   #111
Jim in CT

Spence, not just letting in a huge number of un-vetted people who have shown a propensity at least of trespassing and destroying property, is “exactly the wrong way to go about it”?
Old 11-28-2018, 11:08 AM   #112
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dad Fisherman View Post
Maybe you want to take that up with Micheal Chesna's Widow?
Quote:
So you are trying to draw a comparison simply because of rocks being used? Please tell me you are not that stupid.
I'm not the only one.
People have thrown rocks forever.

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Lets Go Darwin
Old 11-28-2018, 11:35 AM   #113
Sea Dangles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
I'm not the only one.
People have thrown rocks forever.
Common ground I guess🤪

PRO CHOICE REPUBLICAN
Old 11-28-2018, 12:14 PM   #114
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

Quote:
Common ground I guess🤪
If he admits he's stupid. I'll gladly take one for the team

Old 11-28-2018, 05:45 PM   #115
detbuch

Originally Posted by detbuch
Lack of character? You want to talk about lack of character? People who throw rocks at other people who are not doing anything to them don't show the character of anyone I want coming here.

Quote:
So you either support the use of deadly force on all people in all events where things are thrown at police or you do not it's not a hard choice .

It would be helpful if you actually read the posts you respond to. I said nothing about deadly force. Although, I suppose, a well placed rock could kill someone. But, because it was a rock, not a gun, I'm guessing you wouldn't consider it deadly force. And I didn't say anything about making a choice, hard or easy.

Maybe you were talking to somebody else? Or maybe you merely didn't have a clear idea, a cogent thought, a shred of awareness, about what you were saying.

Or do you support this simply because of who they are are and where they are from

Again, where do you get that I support "this" or anything else? Again, pay attention. Read the actual words before your eyes, not the pre-conceived ones floating in your skull, waiting to pounce them out at whoever crosses your path.

Actually, I did make an implication about "who they are".

But not about where they are from. Is that another ready made slander lurking in your "world view" to blindly hurl at someone who has said nothing about ethnicity? At someone whom you have no knowledge about where he stands on the matter? Is that a sort of finisher, a coup de grâce to convincingly prove the merit of your argument and the ugly bias of your opponent? If so, it is a particularly deceitful and disgusting tactic to use in a civilized discussion.

As to "who they are," I clearly and specifically said "People who throw rocks at other people who are not doing anything to them". And about them that they "don't show the character of anyone I want coming here."

Now if you want to comment on what I actually said, that might be of interest.

its sad that our troops in Afghanistan wouldn't shoot people who throw rocks in a combat zone .. yet some American here see no issue with the idea ... must be that MAGA thing
Are you're equating the border situation to a combat zone? That implies that the "caravan" is more of a forceful attempt to enter the U.S. (invasion?) rather than a peaceful attempt, by mostly innocent women and children who are accompanied by some men.

Last edited by detbuch; 11-28-2018 at 05:53 PM..
Old 11-28-2018, 07:43 PM   #116
wdmso

Quote:
But when his fearless leader decided to burn Branch Davidians in Waco it was business as usual. Short memories for the #^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&s. This has nothing to do with asylum,never did. Just gives the #^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&s another reason to bash Trump for something they have given their own side a pass for. Revisionist history lessons given by the sheep dressed up as donkeys.

again the facts dont support you

Republicans had hinted that they might unearth secret contacts between Mr. Clinton and officials like Mr. Hubbell, who played a role in the decision to attack the compound. But a panel of current and former officials of the Federal Bureau of Investigation and the Justice Department who were questioned today gave them no such ammunition.

"I did not talk to the President about Waco prior to the 19th," Mr. Hubbell said, referring to April 19, 1993, when Federal law-enforcement officers pumped tear gas into the compound in an effort to end a 51-day siege against the Davidians.

another attempt at whataboutism why am I not surprised

its not about the use of tear gas the facts clearly show Trump supporting the use of deadly force against people who throw rocks
Old 11-28-2018, 07:46 PM   #117
wdmso

Quote:
Originally Posted by detbuch View Post
Originally Posted by detbuch
Lack of character? You want to talk about lack of character? People who throw rocks at other people who are not doing anything to them don't show the character of anyone I want coming here.

Are you're equating the border situation to a combat zone? That implies that the "caravan" is more of a forceful attempt to enter the U.S. (invasion?) rather than a peaceful attempt, by mostly innocent women and children who are accompanied by some men.

clearly the opposite.. and if you cant see the difference I cant help you
Old 11-28-2018, 07:52 PM   #118
wdmso

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnR View Post
No, it is a hard (as in difficult) choice. It is a hard choice where in certain situations events can rise to the use of lethal force. Hopefully before that threshold is reached, non-lethal force can be substituted. There are vetted policies and procedures as to when that force can be applied - you do know this, right?

And I would expect the same restraint in the unlikely event this happened along the border for multiple reasons. First, restraint, they are (mostly) professional. Second, because, as you well aware, the Active Duty Army is Constitutionally Limited to what they can do along the border, and that they are in a support function.
I know all about use of force policys civilian and military

My issue is and always has is you have a sitting POTUS giving his approval to use deadly force against people who throw rocks ... another example of his authoritarian mindset .. who doesn't care about those policys .. he sees them as obstacles
Old 11-28-2018, 08:15 PM   #119
detbuch

Quote:
clearly the opposite.. and if you cant see the difference I cant help you
You're the one that brought up "combat zone" in relation to the situation at the border. Maybe you can be more clear how you compare the border thing with an Afghan "combat zone."

Trump said lethal force was acceptable IF NECESSARY. I don't believe he said it was OK just because people were throwing rocks. Did our troops shoot people in Afghanistan IF IT WAS NECESSARY?

Apparently, Mattis has it under his control. I think he knows what he is doing.

The memo written by Chief of Staff Kelly (not Trump) states that troops may "perform those military protective activities that the Secretary of Defense determines are reasonably necessary," if there is "credible evidence and intelligence," including "a show or use of force (including lethal force, where necessary), crowd control, temporary detention, and cursory search."

Beware of fake news.

Last edited by detbuch; 11-28-2018 at 08:35 PM..
Old 11-28-2018, 08:52 PM   #120
scottw

leftist narrative "facts" train must not be derailed ...whooo...whooo