Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 04-12-2018, 07:59 AM   #121
spence

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottw View Post
this is akin to Spence taking the exact wording of a statement and claiming that "taken in context"....those words mean or were intended to mean something completely different than what was actually stated....I've lost count of how many times he's attempted this....it's all about arriving at a desired conclusion...who needs Google or a Constitution when you can just make it up as you go along
Good lord I hope you never read the Bible.
Old 04-12-2018, 08:03 AM   #122
scottw

Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
Good lord I hope you never read the Bible.
I forgive you....
Old 04-12-2018, 10:04 AM   #123
spence

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottw View Post
I forgive you....
You might want to save that forgiveness for Michael Cohen he's going to be needing some very soon.
Old 05-04-2018, 07:21 AM   #124
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Wonder if DJT is regretting bringing in Rudy after he confirmed he not only knew about the payoff to silence the Storm, he paid Cohen back. I swear Donald must have the worst case of foot in mouth in history. The untruths that have come out of his mouth are in the thousands now, I think I saw one of the Washington papers stating it's now over 3000, but DJT likes things to be the biggest, the largest, the best; only makes sense he'd end up being the biggest liar ever elected.
Old 05-04-2018, 08:41 AM   #125
detbuch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Got Stripers View Post
Wonder if DJT is regretting bringing in Rudy after he confirmed he not only knew about the payoff to silence the Storm, he paid Cohen back. I swear Donald must have the worst case of foot in mouth in history. The untruths that have come out of his mouth are in the thousands now, I think I saw one of the Washington papers stating it's now over 3000, but DJT likes things to be the biggest, the largest, the best; only makes sense he'd end up being the biggest liar ever elected.
He does everything bigger and better.
Old 05-04-2018, 09:40 AM   #126
PaulS

No worries Trump has just said their story has not changed on the stormy issue.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Old 05-04-2018, 10:20 AM   #127
Pete F.
Canceled

Rudy wasn't up to speed yet
Unfortunately Mueller is
Does everyone in the White House get a life preserver?

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Lets Go Darwin
Old 05-17-2018, 09:34 AM   #128
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

I still can't believe DJT hasn't sent Rudy G packing after all his interviews, because if anything; he is making it worse for the Trumpster.
Old 05-17-2018, 11:31 AM   #129
JohnR
Certifiable Intertidal Anguiologist

Quote:
I still can't believe DJT hasn't sent Rudy G packing after all his interviews, because if anything; he is making it worse for the Trumpster.

I think DJT loves and fosters the Chaos to make the nothing to see folks job easier.

~Fix the Bait~ ~Pogies Forever~

Striped Bass Fishing - All Stripers

Kobayashi Maru Election - there is no way to win.

Apocalypse is Coming:
Old 05-17-2018, 11:40 AM   #130
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
Remember Trump may not be tried in a court of law, but impeached in Congress where politics and confusion rule.
However Ken Starrs office had an opinion that contrary to what Rudy thinks that a president could be indicted.
"What was the Starr office’s stance?
In laying out his case, Mr. Rotunda played down arguments that permitting a president to be indicted would cripple the executive branch. Instead, he placed greater emphasis on immunity issues that the Nixon — and, later, Clinton — legal teams dismissed.

Among them, he noted that the Constitution’s speech-or-debate clause explicitly grants limited immunity to lawmakers for certain actions. “If the framers of our Constitution wanted to create a special immunity for the president,” he argued, “they could have written the relevant clause.”

He also wrote that the 25th Amendment, which allows for temporary replacement of a president who has become unable to carry out the duties of the office, created a mechanism that would keep the executive branch from becoming incapacitated if the president was on trial.

And he noted that if indictments had to wait until a president’s term was up, some crimes would become untriable — such as those where the statute of limitations had run out. That could happen for crimes that do not rise to an impeachable offense, he wrote, citing the example of a president who punches an irritating heckler.

“No one would suggest that the president should be removed from office simply because of that assault,” he wrote. “Yet the president has no right to assault hecklers. If there is no recourse against the president, if he cannot be prosecuted for violating the criminal laws, he will be above the law.”

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Lets Go Darwin