Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 08-14-2012, 08:51 AM   #1
Jim in CT

You just can'ty make this stuff up

Anyone know who the aptly named Candy Crowley is? She's a left-wing, bomb-throwing, fat slob at CNN.

After Paul Ryan was named as Romney's running mate, Miss Crowley put down her Hersheys Bar long enough to say that the Romney/Ryan ticket is a "death wish ticket". Look it up, that's what she said.

Why is that important? Because she's moderating a presidential debate. NJo reason to think she'd be biased, I guess.

Bob Shieffer from CBS (another radical left-winger who doesn't try to hide that) is also hosting a debate. Even if you had Michael Savage hosting the 3rd debate, that wouldn't be balanced. And it's another left-winger, Jim Leher, who is moderating the 3rd debate.

Unfreakinbelievable. Why do Republicans agree to things like this?

How long, O' Lord?
Old 08-14-2012, 08:58 AM   #2
CTSurfrat

It's unbelievable. I actually spent about 10 minutes last night watching CNN and MSNBC just to see what was being said. I couldn't believe the overt bias and hatred toward conservatives. I realize that these were opinion/commentary shows, but I was still shocked. Why they would agree to this is beyond my comprehension.

Bill
Old 08-14-2012, 10:18 AM   #3
Bronko

And they bitch and moan about Fox!

The charm of fishing is that it is the pursuit of what is elusive but attainable, a perpetual series of occasions for hope. ~John Buchan
Old 08-14-2012, 10:22 AM   #4
Nebe

Quote:
Originally Posted by CTSurfrat View Post
It's unbelievable. I actually spent about 10 minutes last night watching CNN and MSNBC just to see what was being said. I couldn't believe the overt bias and hatred toward conservatives. I realize that these were opinion/commentary shows, but I was still shocked. Why they would agree to this is beyond my comprehension.

News / politics has somehow been deemed worthy of entertainment. These cable news stations with 24 hour news cycles simply spout crap that people want to hear. Fox leans to the right. MSNBC leans to the left. IMO, it's destroying the country.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Old 08-14-2012, 11:09 AM   #5
spence

Well, if it really is a "liberal media" then you should have an abundance of left wingers moderating the debates...right?

Isn't that right, Mr. Education President?

-spence
Old 08-14-2012, 11:43 AM   #6
justplugit
Registered Grandpa

Not that Ryan won't handle Joe very nicely in the debates, my only
regret is not being able to see Chris Christie make Joe cry.

" Choose Life "
Old 08-14-2012, 11:55 AM   #7
spence

Quote:
Originally Posted by justplugit View Post
Not that Ryan won't handle Joe very nicely in the debates, my only
regret is not being able to see Chris Christie make Joe cry.
Ryan should do well in the debates but Biden is a seasoned guy and can play hardball when he wants, I think they should be interesting to watch.

-spence
Old 08-14-2012, 12:21 PM   #8
RIJIMMY
sick of bluefish

Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
Ryan should do well in the debates but Biden is a seasoned guy and can play hardball when he wants, I think they should be interesting to watch.

-spence
This is a great spenc-ism reply.

Biden is a guy historically known for making dumb comments and flubs. His playing hardball is to read from the party line book and recite talking points.

making s-b.com a kinder, gentler place for all
Old 08-14-2012, 12:49 PM   #9
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by RIJIMMY View Post
This is a great spenc-ism reply.

Biden is a guy historically known for making dumb comments and flubs. His playing hardball is to read from the party line book and recite talking points.
True. Screaming at the top of his lungs, banging his fist on the podium, and throwing papers in teh air, are how Biden plays "hardball". From what I remember, he didn't wipe the mat with Palin, and she's not in Ryan's class.

Biden is going to get eviscerated. He's a dumb, brain-dead, burnt-out dinosaur.
Old 08-14-2012, 01:38 PM   #10
spence

The Palin debates were a joke anyway because her candidacy was a joke.

I highly doubt Ryan is prepping for a dumb, brain-dead, burnt out dinosaur.

Also, much of what people consider Biden's flubs are really pretty funny jokes

-spence
Old 08-14-2012, 01:49 PM   #11
spence

It's probably a moot issue anyway. If I was Obama I'd dump Biden and pick up walnut cracker Hillary.

-spence
Old 08-14-2012, 01:53 PM   #12
Jim in CT

Quote:

-spence
"The Palin debates were a joke anyway because her candidacy was a joke."

Getting defensive I see. Palin had one debate with Biden in which she did respectably well. Say what you want about her (and I'm no huge fan), but after McCain picked her, their ticket lept ahead of Obama/Biden in every poll, and they stayed there until Lehman Brothers went belly-up.

"I highly doubt Ryan is prepping for a dumb, brain-dead, burnt out dinosaur."

I'm sure that's exactly what he's preparing for, because that's exactly what he's up against. Ryan can handle the moronic old curmudgeon.

"Also, much of what people consider Biden's flubs are really pretty funny jokes "

They are dismissed as funny jokes by thoughtless liberal apologists who can never bring themselves to admit anything critical about the Messiah Obama. When Palin says something dumb (and she does often), that makes her an idiot. When Biden does it (and he does it at least as often), he's being funny. Do I have that right now, Spence?

Biden is going to get destroyed. Fortunately for him, VP debates don't count for all that much. But it'll be entertaining.

Ryan: Mr vice-president, the federal entitlement programs are underfunded by over $100,000 for every living American. Why haven't you done anything to adress that in 4 years?

Biden: YOU HATE OLD PEOPLE, YOU RACIST SON OF A BITCH!

That's how it'll go, because that's how it is.
Old 08-14-2012, 01:55 PM   #13
Jim in CT

Quote:
It's probably a moot issue anyway. If I was Obama I'd dump Biden and pick up walnut cracker Hillary.

-spence
If Obama was smart, that's exactly what he'd do. Biden literaly adds nothing to the ticket, Obama will win Deleware without him.
Old 08-14-2012, 02:24 PM   #14
JohnR
Certifiable Intertidal Anguiologist

Quote:

-spence
Well, he wouldn't dump Joe because that would make it look like his decision was faulty in the first place. But were Joe to, uhh, retire, than it would be OK.

But would O want a VP that outshines him? And then there is the Second Lady Gentleman

~Fix the Bait~ ~Pogies Forever~

Striped Bass Fishing - All Stripers

Kobayashi Maru Election - there is no way to win.

Apocalypse is Coming:
Old 08-14-2012, 02:57 PM   #15
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnR View Post
Well, he wouldn't dump Joe because that would make it look like his decision was faulty in the first place. But were Joe to, uhh, retire, than it would be OK.

But would O want a VP that outshines him? And then there is the Second Lady Gentleman
Bingo. Obama's ego will not allow him to admit judgment that was less-than-perfect. But an Obama/Hilary ticket would be much tougher to defeat. Lucky for my side that Obama is a narcissist who hates Hilary and her husband.
Old 08-14-2012, 03:48 PM   #16
spence

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnR View Post
Not if done correctly. Obama can simply say that... (my quotes here)

"...while Vice President Biden has been a great public servant, the challenges of the country for the next four years have shifted and demand expertise around something American's care deeply about, ensuring Medicare is around for their retirement.

2008 was about getting America out of that incredibly deep hole, and while it's been harder than anticipated, because of dramatic measures taken by my Administration and the will of the American people most are better off. Granted, there's still much work to do.

But now that the economy is becoming more stable, we must shift to the next and much bigger task, and American needs to believe the right team is in place to see to the task at hand.

With that, I introduce my new Vice President running mate, walnut cracker Hillary Clinton. Don't anybody eff with her or you'll end up like Vince Foster."

Yes, there's risk in a decision like that...but I think we'd all agree that while Biden is a great man and sharp dresser, he doesn't add a lot to the ticket for a second term.

-spence
Old 08-14-2012, 04:42 PM   #17
scottw

Quote:
...but I think we'd all agree that while Biden is a great man and sharp dresser, he doesn't add a lot to the ticket for a second term.

-spence
the only thing he added in the first term was a little comedy
Old 08-14-2012, 05:15 PM   #18
Jim in CT

Quote:
, because of dramatic measures taken by my Administration and the will of the American people most are better off.
-spence
Spence, how does that praise jive with Obama's recent admission that America is not better off now, than it was before he took office? You are giving him more praise than he gives himself...quite a feat, since we are talking about a megalomaniac who gives his convention speech in front of Greek columns, since he sees himself as more than mortal...

Spence, who are these millions of Americans that are better off now than before he came in?

- America is trillions further in the red than before he took office
- More Americans are unemployed than before he took office
- All Americans are paying much more atthe pump than befor ehe took office
- Because he punted on entitlement reform for 4 years, the inevitable fix for my (our) generation will be that much more painful.

Those are all facts...they are irrefutable.
Old 08-14-2012, 05:19 PM   #19
Jim in CT

Quote:
but I think we'd all agree that while Biden is a great man and sharp dresser, he doesn't add a lot to the ticket for a second term.

-spence
Biden has been in the senate for a thousand years. He is known for 2 things...

(1) Giving less than 1% of his $300,000 salary to charity, and
(2) leading the partisan effort to block the nomination of Supreme Court nominee Bjork. That act led to a new term, to be "bjorked", which is understood to mean that one is blocked from somethiing they deserve, for purely partisan reasons.

What a great man. Right up there with John McCain.
Old 08-16-2012, 09:32 AM   #20
fishbones

Quote:

-spence
Yeah, Spence. It's always funny to make slavery jokes to a bunch of black people.

Hundreds of black people were in the audience when Biden added, "They're going to put y'all back in chains."

Maybe he can be the opening act for Michael Richards on his next comedy tour.

Conservatism is not about leaving people behind. Conservatism is about empowering people to catch up, to give them tools at their disposal that make it possible for them to access all the hope, all the promise, all the opportunity that America offers. - Marco Rubio
Old 08-16-2012, 09:41 AM   #21
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

Did you guys ever think that maybe Obama picked him as his VP as an insurance policy.

Who's goiing to take Obama out if it means that Biden will become President. Makes Sense

"If you're arguing with an idiot, make sure he isn't doing the same thing."
Old 08-16-2012, 11:00 AM   #22
RIJIMMY
sick of bluefish

Quote:

-spence
That Biden, what a hoot!
On Tuesday, Romney and Republicans bristled when Biden accused Romney of promising to lift regulations on big banks in an effort to "unchain Wall Street," adding: "He is going to put y'all back in chains."

Former Virginia Gov. Doug Wilder, a Democrat and the first African-American to be elected governor of Virginia, criticized Biden on Wednesday's "The Situation Room with Wolf Blitzer"and said the remarks were "appeals to race."

Old 08-16-2012, 11:49 AM   #23
RIJIMMY
sick of bluefish

looks like the full version of Biden's comments came out. Apparently he wore a black cowboy hat, vest and red shirt. Here is his speech in its entirety, you make your own judgement....