Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Sports Talk - Title Town

Sports Talk - Title Town Sports Talk - Our Home for the 2004/2007 World Champion Red Sox, Super Bowl XXXVI, XXXVIII, XXXIX Champion Patriots! SEVENTEEN TIME NBA Champion Boston Celtics, 2011 winners of Lord Stanley's Cup Boston Bruins!!!

Old 12-30-2010, 08:29 AM   #1
BassDawg
Trophy Hunter Apprentice

to SIT or,,,,,,,,,,,,,,NOT to Sit

that is the question~~~

for me, i rest The Defense whoever seems to be banged up the most. although i would like to see McCourty get to 7 or 8 this year!! what a freeekin' BEAST he's turned out to be?

as for Brady,,,,,,,,,,,,,
no more than the 1st Half, and you can rest Branch and whoever else wants to watch this one from the sidelines, imho!!
the PATS starters have busted their azzes to get to this point,,,,,,,,,,,,

feels good to have the Road to Dallas coming thru Tha Razor!!
wonder what quirky NFL thang Coach introduces this year, ala Flutie's dropkick extra point?
statue of liberty on 4th and 20? triple reverse with a toss to #12 in the endzone?

oh yeah,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
PATS 45, Dolphish 6

Last edited by BassDawg; 12-30-2010 at 12:55 PM..

"The first condition of happiness is that the connection
between man and nature shall not be broken."~~ Leo Tolstoy

Tight Lines, and
Happy Hunting to ALL!
BassDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2010, 09:58 AM   #2
fishbones

They won't be able to rest too many guys on D this week. They're already down to practice squad guys and guys off the street because of injuries. I'd like to see Wilfork get some rest, but I don't know if they have anyone to take his place.
On the offense, it will be a little easier but not for the line. They're pretty depleted due to injuries, so most of the O-line will be playing most of the game. Hopefully there won't be any injuries. Getting rest for the players isn't such a big deal since they have an extra week thanks to the first round bye.

Conservatism is not about leaving people behind. Conservatism is about empowering people to catch up, to give them tools at their disposal that make it possible for them to access all the hope, all the promise, all the opportunity that America offers. - Marco Rubio
fishbones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2010, 10:51 AM   #3
BigFish
BigFish Bait Co.

Send a message via AIM to BigFish
You sit them down and you will ruin the cohesiveness of the team and make them slow and lazy!! Remember Indy???? They lost their edge because there were Molly Coddled!! And deservedly so!

Almost time to get our fish on!!!
BigFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2010, 11:58 AM   #4
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigFish View Post
They lost their edge because there were Molly Coddled!! And deservedly so!
Molly Coddled...Holy Crap, I feel like I'm getting lectured by my Granfather in the back yard all over again.

They'll play the 1st half and then sit/rotate in and out. Treat it like the last preseason game

"If you're arguing with an idiot, make sure he isn't doing the same thing."
The Dad Fisherman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2010, 12:09 PM   #5
BigFish
BigFish Bait Co.

Send a message via AIM to BigFish
My point is it takes an entire season for a team to "Jell".....which has been the case for these Patriots.....they are playing at the top of their game and finishing strong as great teams need to do! Last season Indy chopped off their players balls by sitting them......and they lost! I say play them through 3 quarters and sit them for the 4th. This team is still young in defense and in the receiving core and they need to be sharp and confident going into the post season!

Got that Grandson???

Almost time to get our fish on!!!
BigFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2010, 12:47 PM   #6
BassDawg
Trophy Hunter Apprentice

i could not disagree with you MORE, BFLarry!!!

Our Patriots are not the MambyPamby Colts, for ONE!!

for TWO, Coach Bill is miles apart from the jamoke that is running the team from Indy!!!

and in the 3rd PLACE, if one of our wily veterans were to get banged up for something stoopid like playhing in a meaningless game,,,,,,,then what would be your story?

"oh well, that's the NFL,,,,,,,,,it's a tough sport!!"

LUDICROUS!! i will partially agree with your point on D, but McCourty has been sharp ALL year, and this D needs to go out on a strong note!! with confidence and as mostly rookies, prolly need the extra rest to maintain the highest compete level for Round 2 in Foxboro. this is the longest season they've ever seen, and many of them have not ever reached this level in college.

the Defense has matured quite nicely in the games that have mattered this year,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,why expose the Secondary unnecessarily? it'd be a shame to allow doubt and injury to impact their post season, should something silly rear it's head on Sunday in a game that has absolutely ZERO bearing on the Season that really matters!! at least that's how i sea it, m'mang!

Last edited by BassDawg; 12-30-2010 at 01:00 PM..

"The first condition of happiness is that the connection
between man and nature shall not be broken."~~ Leo Tolstoy

Tight Lines, and
Happy Hunting to ALL!
BassDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2010, 05:35 PM   #7
Mike P
Jiggin' Leper Lawyer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigFish View Post
You sit them down and you will ruin the cohesiveness of the team and make them slow and lazy!! Remember Indy???? They lost their edge because there were Molly Coddled!! And deservedly so!

Larry---they threw a game in week 16 to get the "16-0" monkey off their backs, rested their starters in the finale, and made it to the SB, last year. It was a tight game against the Saints until Manning threw that "pick-6". It wasn't a case of losing their edge. If they lost their first play-off game, you might have a point. NO was just a better, more complete team last year. Period.

They had to win two playoff games after "moddy coddling" their players to get there.

How do you like your chances with Hoyer under center in the post-season, if one of the Fish gets a hit on Brady's knee in a nothing game?

Last edited by Mike P; 12-30-2010 at 05:41 PM..

Wise men speak because they have something to say; Fools, because they have to say something.
Mike P is offline   Reply With Quote