Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 08-14-2011, 05:39 AM   #1
UserRemoved1
Permanently Disconnected

Cellular Service IS now a civil right

It says so here.

SF cell shutdown: Safety issue, or hint of Orwell?

First I don't disagree with what they did. The Federal Government has made it illegal to "jam" cellular signals. I think it should be illegal to intentionally shut down a underground radio system such as this. What if there was an accident or someone had a heart attack.

But if the repeater system wasn't installed to begin with then there wouldn't be cell coverage to begin with. WE the people own the spectrum. It's a public right to use it...so if it's illegal to jam it then it should be illegal to shut this down purposely. And it should be against the law to demonstrate in a public enclosed space.. Then this would never have happened in the first place.

(For those that don't understand how this works...antennas outside send the signal inside via cables to a amplifier and antennas underground. That's how your cell phone works in a tunnel. It's just a relay to the outside world)

I did find it amusing though that these people think it's a civil right.
Old 08-14-2011, 06:03 AM   #2
Raven

Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by #^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^& View Post
It says so here.

SF cell shutdown: Safety issue, or hint of Orwell?

First I don't disagree with what they did. The Federal Government has made it illegal to "jam" cellular signals. I think it should be illegal to intentionally shut down a underground radio system such as this. What if there was an accident or someone had a heart attack.

But if the repeater system wasn't installed to begin with then there wouldn't be cell coverage to begin with. WE the people own the spectrum. It's a public right to use it...so if it's illegal to jam it then it should be illegal to shut this down purposely. And it should be against the law to demonstrate in a public enclosed space.. Then this would never have happened in the first place.

(For those that don't understand how this works...antennas outside send the signal inside via cables to a amplifier and antennas underground. That's how your cell phone works in a tunnel. It's just a relay to the outside world)

I did find it amusing though that these people think it's a civil right.
we can go back to smoke signals.....no problem a-holes.
anytime they stop signals start wrecking everything in sight
might become the new command. britonize america why don't ya. EXcessive force used by law enforcement is way out of control
lately .... like the get on the ground crap.... then the knee to the middle of your back
and grind your face into the road...beat you so bad that you die.
6 to 1 and your un armed. just to maintain law an order...
and this P.O.S. Judge that just got 28 years for sending Kids to jail for millions in kick backs is a prime example.