Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 07-08-2016, 02:24 PM   #61
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulS View Post
Jim,

As I have previously, I'm making fun of you bc of all your stereotypes. Find 1 thing about what you don't like with a person in 1 political party and apply that to the whole party.
Yawn. Paul, in the future, if I say "liberals tend to...", you can assume that I don't mean every single liberal acts that way. I just don't want to have to type that all the time.
Old 07-08-2016, 02:52 PM   #62
Slipknot
Super Moderator

It sure is not as great as it use to be, all I see lately is it getting weaker not stronger

Yes I would support programs to give people equal chances

What I don't support is illegal people getting benefits that our citizens can't even get, seems like common sense to me if they are not contributing, they should not have their hands in the kitty.

The United States Constitution does not exist to grant you rights; those rights are inherent within you. Rather it exists to frame a limited government so that those natural rights can be exercised freely.

1984 was a warning, not a guidebook!

It's time more people spoke up with the truth. Every time we let a leftist lie go uncorrected, the commies get stronger.
Old 07-08-2016, 03:14 PM   #63
Sea Dangles

I picked up Mikey's first contact lenses and waited for a non English speaking family that was before us in the line. When they left the store, the clerk let out a sigh and muttered something about more free glasses for these types.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Old 07-08-2016, 03:28 PM   #64
FishermanTim

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
I don't believe that makes her happy, but only because it doesn't help her career.

I firmly believe she (like all liberals at the national level) loves to fan the flame of racial animosity, because it fires up her base.

If she cared about helping blacks, she would tell them to stop having 75% of their kids out of wedlock. But she won't say that, because liberals don't like to tell people that they are generally responsible for their own lot in life. Much better for her, politically speaking, to tell them that it's all some honkey's fault.
Or even better, she'll "promise" that if they vote for her (as many times as they can) that SHE"LL fix the problem!

Boy I really dream of the good old days when politicians would lie about "no new taxes" and no one paid with their lives!

I am a legend in my own mind!
Old 07-08-2016, 04:05 PM   #65
FishermanTim

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nebe View Post
How about the guy who was just shot in the car ? How can you defend that ?
What got me wondering was this:

If your boyfriend/girlfriend is driving the car, and you get shot by a cop / thug, wouldn't you think they'd be just a little more emotional about you being shot? Wouldn't you think that taking a selfie-video explaining what happened like you were explaining how to open a door is a little weird? Even the "kid" in the back seat wasn't making any noise (based on the video the girlfriend posted to Facebook) AS IT HAPPENED!

The guy told the police he had a weapon, and was reaching behind him (for his wallet?). Now exactly how many police would have to be shot/killed by someone making the same motions before they can react accordingly?
Sad to say, but he may have caused his own death by virtue of moving at the wrong time. Is the cop at fault? Maybe so if his commands were unclear.

Here's another thing...she was driving, so because the police stop was due to a busted tail light, she would be the one to need the license and registration. Now in the course of the traffic stop a passenger ADMITS to having a gun, and then starts digging/reaching for something behind him or in his pockets, what are the police supposed to do or better yet what should they think?

Unfortunately the police have become a target for thugs, druggies, pushers and any number of worthless low-life scum.
Add to that willingly editing and misrepresenting the facts by the media and ALL politicians and the posting of cell videos by so-called "concerned citizens" and the police have to be so politically correct that they can't do their job as intended.
They have to be careful not to offend anyone or risk public scorn because some scumbag's friend took a video of their arrest/shooting that didn't show what started the event but ONLY the outcome. Sure, cop-cameras would solve a lot of these problems but I doubt the public would believe a cop-camera video over the victims friend.

Hey, what about the black man that was shot by an off-duty white cop in Brooklyn? He got out of his car, ran up to the cop's car and began pummeling him through the driver's window. Repeated haymakers to the head and face before the cop shot him twice.
Once in the head, once in the chest.

This thugs girlfriend told police that the cop got out of his car and approached her "good-guy" boyfriend before shooting him dead.

A local business owner has provided video proof to the contrary, proving the thug attacked the cop and paid the price for it.

Notice the media and the political wh*res aren't harping about that one?

I am a legend in my own mind!
Old 07-08-2016, 04:13 PM   #66
ecduzitgood
time to go

From 2004 to 2014 according to the FBI 43% of police killed in the line of duty were killed by 12% of the population.
Here are some other fun facts.
http://www.dailywire.com/news/7264/5...-aaron-bandler
Old 07-08-2016, 05:20 PM   #67
Slipknot
Super Moderator

Tim
The girlfriend was NOT the driver, the video was reversed
Old 07-08-2016, 06:54 PM   #68
ecduzitgood
time to go

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slipknot View Post
Tim
The girlfriend was NOT the driver, the video was reversed
I didn't catch the mirrored video..I did hear that he was considered a potential match for an armed robbery that had recently taken place before the stop. It is a recording of the officer calling the stop in before it happened so it appears that the officer thought he was dealing with the armed robbery suspect.

http://gawker.com/cop-on-apparent-po...ast-1783339741

Last edited by ecduzitgood; 07-08-2016 at 07:08 PM..
Old 07-08-2016, 07:12 PM   #69
wdmso

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sea Dangles View Post
I picked up Mikey's first contact lenses and waited for a non English speaking family that was before us in the line. When they left the store, the clerk let out a sigh and muttered something about more free glasses for these types.
I am sure that has happened many times in our history its not new or surprising

the 3 rd generation French American standing behind the german immigrant or the Rich new yorker standing behind the the Irish guy right off the boat or me standing behind the 80year old Portuguese
lady speaking Portuguese to the cashier at Stop and Shop ... today

and yet the USA is still Great why do you think people want to come here Just for free stuff the stuff that illegals can't and dont get because they are Illegal
Old 07-09-2016, 12:07 AM   #70
Ian
Idiot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
Boy do you need to take reading comprehension. First, you thought I said every single black person is guilty of killing other blacks. Now, somehow, you are concluding that I said that it's fine for white babies to be born out of wedlock.

What I am saying (in fact, what I explicitly said) is that out-of-wedlock births are particularly destructive for blacks, because they are disproportionately poor. The wealthier a woman is, the more likely it is they can effectively raise a child by themselves, because they can afford more help (nannies, tutors, etc). The ramifications of large-scale single parenting are well documented. Just because the conclusions don't serve the liberal agenda, doesn't make it racist.

Is that really going too fast for you?
The speed it's traveling at isn't my problem, it's the circles it keeps traveling in that I'm having trouble keeping up with, damn centrifugal force!

The artist formerly known as Scratch59.
Old 07-09-2016, 08:23 AM   #71
Rmarsh

"black lives matter" ....some (a lot) of its followers/supporters are celebrating and calling for more cop killings...totally disgusting.

Ferguson affect is taking hold and making a difficult job more dangerous than ever, cops can't even make an arrest in a lot of places without a crowd taunting them. Places like Chicago, the police have taken a step back, gangs rule the streets with multiple murders every day of the week no outrage from blm or potus.

Thank a policeman today for keeping us safe from what would be absolute chaos without them.
Old 07-09-2016, 09:17 AM   #72
spence

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecduzitgood View Post
I didn't catch the mirrored video..I did hear that he was considered a potential match for an armed robbery that had recently taken place before the stop. It is a recording of the officer calling the stop in before it happened so it appears that the officer thought he was dealing with the armed robbery suspect.

http://gawker.com/cop-on-apparent-po...ast-1783339741
Because he had a "wide-set nose"...are you effing kidding me?
Old 07-09-2016, 09:40 AM   #73
Fly Rod

potus has taken away most if not all of police departments nation wide military equipment....will he take away there semi auto weapons too.....remember the bobbies of the UK never had weapons...then were given hand guns until they were faced with fire power of ak47's from drug cartels and dealers operating in their country and only then bobbies were given semi auto rifles....there is a lesson to B learned from Texas since this was a peaceful demo..... they were caught off guard, sharp shooters should B positioned at high points...there was confusion, did not know where perpetrator was, seconds is a long time.

"When its not about money,it's all about money."...
Old 07-09-2016, 11:12 AM   #74
ecduzitgood
time to go

Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
Because he had a "wide-set nose"...are you effing kidding me?
Maybe it was his way of being politically correct when describing the robbery suspect.
Old 07-10-2016, 07:13 AM   #75
wdmso

Yesterday, Obama told blacks that white cops are out to get them.

Source ? Is this a direct quote or your interpretation of something that was said
Old 07-10-2016, 07:57 AM   #76
wdmso

The issue I see there is a problem with Some police departments Rules of engagement... Lets use my tour in Iraq as an example

Or ROE was you could not engage unless 1 you were being fired on 2 you could id the shooter location . exception was you could engage any military age male if he had a crew served weapon or an RPG .. carrying or having an AK or side arm was not a justification to engage..

police are killing people for perceived threats.. thats just not good law enforcement. ( you pull a gun and police shoot you NP with that)

But it seems many police departments training is lacking in the threat department

Here is another example from the town I live in

A woman i know late 40's white was leaving a work a nursing home after her shift 11pm driving a mini Van , she was pulled over for rolling a stop sign ( all reasonable to combat drinking and driving ) Officer ask for her license registration she reached for her purse that was between the seat .. He immediately yelled at her to keep her hand where he could see them . She explained thats her purse and thats where her wallet was . he again told her keep her hand on the wheel . went back to his cruiser and came back and promptly gave her a ticket for not having her license . and off he went

white woman over 40
nurses uniform ( 4 nursing homes in the area )
mini van
wallet in purse
other than 11pm at night where is the threat ..

this officer needs some training or needs to find a job if he is that afraid to have a women get her ID.. but has the balls to give her a ticket

the training he seems is getting is that everyones a threat ? not sure..
Old 07-10-2016, 08:06 AM   #77
ecduzitgood
time to go

Obama: "But regardless of the outcome of such investigations, what’s clear is that these fatal shootings are not isolated incidents. They are symptomatic of the broader challenges within our criminal justice system, the racial disparities that appear across the system year after year, and the resulting lack of trust that exists between law enforcement and too many of the communities they serve".
Old 07-10-2016, 08:10 AM   #78
ecduzitgood
time to go

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
The issue I see there is a problem with Some police departments Rules of engagement... Lets use my tour in Iraq as an example

Or ROE was you could not engage unless 1 you were being fired on 2 you could id the shooter location . exception was you could engage any military age male if he had a crew served weapon or an RPG .. carrying or having an AK or side arm was not a justification to engage..

police are killing people for perceived threats.. thats just not good law enforcement. ( you pull a gun and police shoot you NP with that)

But it seems many police departments training is lacking in the threat department

A woman i know late 40's white was leaving a work a nursing home after her shift 11pm driving a mini Van , she was pulled over for rolling a stop sign ( all reasonable to combat drinking and driving ) Officer ask for her license registration she reached for her purse that was between the seat .. He immediately yelled at her to keep her hand where he could see them . She explained thats her purse and thats where her wallet was . he again told her keep her hand on the wheel . went back to his cruiser and came back and promptly gave her a ticket for not having her license . and off he went

white woman over 40
mini van
wallet in purse

this officer needs some training or needs to find a job if he is that afraid to have a women get her ID.. but has the balls to give her a ticket

So he gave her a ticket...sounds like BS to me.
Are you saying women can't kill police?
Old 07-10-2016, 09:13 AM   #79
Fly Rod

Quote:
and yet the USA is still Great why do you think people want to come here Just for free stuff the stuff that illegals can't and dont get because they are Illegal
U R wrong, illegals do get benefits...the one benefit that illegals get is emergency medical care, but it gets complicated, if they have children that R born in the USA they get welfare, food stamps legally....but alot of illegals get forged documents saying they R U.S. citizens and of course get benefits.

here is a true example of emergency care,this happened on a friends property....illegal climbs tree to cut a tree limb was not hired by owner....falls out of tree, breaks back taken to hospital....250 thou hospital bill paid by tax payers

"When its not about money,it's all about money."...
Old 07-10-2016, 10:56 AM   #80
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

Quote:

white woman over 40
mini van
wallet in purse

So if it was a black man in the same situation it would have been racist??

Damned if they do, damned if they don't.

....and were you actually in the car to corroborate that it actually happened this way. Seems hearsay is becoming the new "Facts"

"If you're arguing with an idiot, make sure he isn't doing the same thing."
Old 07-10-2016, 11:14 AM   #81
Raider Ronnie

Send a message via AIM to Raider Ronnie
Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulS View Post
You really believe that she is happy 5 cops got killed?

I still believe she's happy !
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	killary.jpg
Views:	473
Size:	77.6 KB
ID:	63156  
Old 07-10-2016, 11:16 AM   #82
Raider Ronnie

Send a message via AIM to Raider Ronnie
Here's the liberal media's so called "Father of the year"
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	father of the year.jpg
Views:	470
Size:	21.3 KB
ID:	63157  
Old 07-10-2016, 01:38 PM   #83
wdmso

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dad Fisherman View Post
So if it was a black man in the same situation it would have been racist??

Damned if they do, damned if they don't.

....and were you actually in the car to corroborate that it actually happened this way. Seems hearsay is becoming the new "Facts"

Wow you dont believe anything!! why would I need to be in the car to corroborate Her telling of the incident... and this was months before any of the current craziness going on now

I am in Law enforcement there is no dam if you do or dam if you dont .. follow your UOF policy and your all set I doubt shooting some one because you think they have a gun is in the policy as a justified reason for discharging one's weapon

But if you dont think when some officers pull over a black person they may act differently .. your heads buried in the sand

Racism can easily just be stereotyping not sinister no overt intent .. Just inexperience in the job or life in general.. thats how I see the issue

But it seems easier for one side to yell Racism and the other side to say No there isn't than to have a frank conversation

Last edited by wdmso; 07-10-2016 at 02:05 PM..
Old 07-10-2016, 01:47 PM   #84
ecduzitgood
time to go

Frank conversation....twice as many whites are killed by cops. Over 40% of officers killed are killed by blacks (12% of the population including both male and female any age) when you take out the minors and elderly that leaves about 6% of the total population responsible for over 40% of the police that are killed.
Old 07-10-2016, 01:47 PM   #85
wdmso

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fly Rod View Post
U R wrong, illegals do get benefits...the one benefit that illegals get is emergency medical care, but it gets complicated, if they have children that R born in the USA they get welfare, food stamps legally....but alot of illegals get forged documents saying they R U.S. citizens and of course get benefits.

here is a true example of emergency care,this happened on a friends property....illegal climbs tree to cut a tree limb was not hired by owner....falls out of tree, breaks back taken to hospital....250 thou hospital bill paid by tax payers

And if he was a heroin addicted American High and fell from the tree or got narcaned 3 times in a day the tax payer would have still paid the bill cuz hes or shes on Mass health .. there is still more way more Legal lossers scamming but lets focus on the illegals we will attack them who far less likely to get benfits .. but fail to address the others and their rampant abuses
Old 07-10-2016, 01:50 PM   #86
ecduzitgood
time to go

Quote:
And if he was a heroin addicted American High and fell from the tree or got narcaned 3 times in a day the tax payer would have still paid the bill cuz hes or shes on Mass health .. there is still more way more Legal lossers scamming but lets focus on the illegals we will attack them who far less likely to get benfits .. but fail to address the others and their rampant abuses
How about the fact they shouldn't even be here.
Old 07-10-2016, 02:00 PM   #87
wdmso

Quote:
Frank conversation....twice as many whites are killed by cops. Over 40% of officers killed are killed by blacks (12% of the population including both male and female any age) when you take out the minors and elderly that leaves about 6% of the total population responsible for over 40% of the police that are killed.
so your correct in raw numbers and thats about it I would like to see how many whites were unarmed

most of those killed by police are male and white. 123 of those shot were Black Americans. This is a relatively high share, keeping in mind that close to 13 percent of Americans belong to that ethnic group.

238 whites who are 63 percent of Americans
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	chartoftheday_5211_us_citizens_killed_by_police_2016_n.jpg
Views:	414
Size:	139.4 KB
ID:	63158  
Old 07-10-2016, 02:22 PM   #88
wdmso

Quote:
How about the fact they shouldn't even be here.
But they are ! and have been our entire History as a country thats just reality .. And its never going to change it will fluctuate up or down but you'll never see a time with Zero Illegals.. parts of the economy would be destroyed if it ever happen and this hasn't happen Just under Obama as some would have us think
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	population-of-immigrants-in-the-country-illegally.png
Views:	409
Size:	25.3 KB
ID:	63159  
Old 07-10-2016, 03:02 PM   #89
scottw

Quote:

lets focus on the illegals
Old 07-10-2016, 03:53 PM   #90
ecduzitgood
time to go

Quote:
so your correct in raw numbers and thats about it I would like to see how many whites were unarmed

most of those killed by police are male and white. 123 of those shot were Black Americans. This is a relatively high share, keeping in mind that close to 13 percent of Americans belong to that ethnic group.

238 whites who are 63 percent of Americans
Don't gloss over that fact that over 40% of cops killed in the line of duty are killed by blacks.