Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 04-29-2009, 01:38 PM   #61
buckman

Right, let's get back to the fact that they spent 360k panicking New York in what could only be described as idiotic and highly insensitive propaganda.
Something any high school kid could have accomplished with 15 minutes on the computor and Photoshop.
Could Mr. Transparency please tells us WTF it was for?
And let's not frorget the fact that a low flying plane sucked up a few birds and crashed into the Hudson River a few short weeks ago.
Old 04-29-2009, 01:48 PM   #62
striperman36
Old Guy

Anybody know what Obama planted in the White House Garden?
Old 04-29-2009, 02:12 PM   #63
likwid
lobster = striper bait

Send a message via AIM to likwid
Quote:
Originally Posted by striperman36 View Post
While the Clintons grew some vegetables in pots on the White House roof, the Obamas’ garden will far transcend that, with 55 varieties of vegetables — from a wish list of the kitchen staff — grown from organic seedlings started at the Executive Mansion’s greenhouses.

The Obamas will feed their love of Mexican food with cilantro, tomatillos and hot peppers. Lettuces will include red romaine, green oak leaf, butterhead, red leaf and galactic. There will be spinach, chard, collards and black kale. For desserts, there will be a patch of berries. And herbs will include some more unusual varieties, like anise hyssop and Thai basil. A White House carpenter, Charlie Brandts, who is a beekeeper, will tend two hives for honey.

The total cost of seeds, mulch and so forth is $200, said Sam Kass, an assistant White House chef, who prepared healthful meals for the Obama family in Chicago and is an advocate of local food. Mr. Kass will oversee the garden.

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/03/20/di...garden.html?em

Ski Quicks Hole
Old 04-29-2009, 02:24 PM   #64
buckman

Quote:
Stop hyjacking my thread!
Old 04-29-2009, 03:13 PM   #65
PaulS

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishbones View Post
What's really stupid is that this screwup by Obama's people has now become a discussion about torture. This was a money wasting, idiotic thing to do. It has nothing to do with torture by past Administrations, the Japanese during WWII, or my son putting worms in buckets and either filling it with water and letting them drown or leaving it uncovered in the sun and letting them slowly die.
I agree w/you that its stupid (just as I said the flight was stupid). But so is trying to link the Pres. of the USA with the flight of his back up plane as if he controls everthing is stupid.
Old 04-29-2009, 03:26 PM   #66
buckman

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulS View Post
I agree w/you that its stupid (just as I said the flight was stupid). But so is trying to link the Pres. of the USA with the flight of his back up plane as if he controls everthing is stupid.
What it does Paul is indicate the kind of insensitive, stupid and hypocritical people he has chosen work for him. And the apple doesn't fall far from the tree.
Lets close our eyes and envision what you would be saying if it had been McCain. You know what? It NEVER would have happened. Care to debate that?
Let's see the pictures that they took and the purpose for which they were taken. Release them now.
Old 04-29-2009, 05:05 PM   #67
spence

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckman View Post
Lets close our eyes and envision what you would be saying if it had been McCain. You know what? It NEVER would have happened. Care to debate that?
Yea, I think you're talking out of your ass.

I'd be willing to wager the exact same thing would have happened and McCain would have found out about it just like Obama appears to have...after the fact.

How much did Bush spend to stage that "Mission Accomplished" photo op? Hell, he had an entire US carrier group tied up probably all day.

Quote:
insensitive, stupid and hypocritical people
Yea, and the insenstitive, stupid and hypocritical people Bush surrounded himself with have cost us a heck of a lot more than a few hundred grand and some scared voters.

It's almost like you're trying to distract everyone from the good economic news coming from the Fed and the Street.

It's like you're against the recovery of America.

-spence
Old 04-29-2009, 05:59 PM   #68
striperman36
Old Guy

Quote:
Stop hyjacking my thread!
I'm doing it because this is just a yet another stoopid attack on somebody who is actually trying to do something to get this country back to what is used to be maybe like in in 1977.

When Disco was KING!!!
Old 04-29-2009, 06:28 PM   #69
spence

Quote:
I'm doing it because this is just a yet another stoopid attack on somebody who is actually trying to do something to get this country back to what is used to be maybe like in in 1977.
Don't you understand?

Obama wants to DESTROY America.

He is the 12th Imam.

-spence
Old 04-29-2009, 06:30 PM   #70
striperman36
Old Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
Don't you understand?

Obama wants to DESTROY America.

He is the 12th Imam.

-spence

Funny Funny, who hijacked your computer
Old 04-29-2009, 06:46 PM   #71
spence

Quote:
Funny Funny, who hijacked your computer
You mock what you don't understand. I have proof.

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hp?t=115720731

-spence
Old 04-29-2009, 06:47 PM   #72
JohnnyD

Quote:
It's almost like you're trying to distract everyone from the good economic news coming from the Fed and the Street.

-spence
Ever since the market started heading up, buckman hasn't had a daily metric to use to blame Obama for the economic crisis.
Old 04-29-2009, 07:44 PM   #73
justplugit
Registered Grandpa

Quote:
Originally Posted by likwid View Post
While the Clintons grew some vegetables in pots on the White House roof, the Obamas’ garden will far transcend that, with 55 varieties of vegetables — from a wish list of the kitchen staff — grown from organic seedlings started at the Executive Mansion’s greenhouses.

The Obamas will feed their love of Mexican food with cilantro, tomatillos and hot peppers. Lettuces will include red romaine, green oak leaf, butterhead, red leaf and galactic. There will be spinach, chard, collards and black kale. For desserts, there will be a patch of berries. And herbs will include some more unusual varieties, like anise hyssop and Thai basil. A White House carpenter, Charlie Brandts, who is a beekeeper, will tend two hives for honey.

The total cost of seeds, mulch and so forth is $200, said Sam Kass, an assistant White House chef, who prepared healthful meals for the Obama family in Chicago and is an advocate of local food. Mr. Kass will oversee the garden.

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/03/20/di...garden.html?em
They forgot to tell how Michele is spending all her days out there tending it.

From what i heard today the only really good financial news came from the American people
spending. Prolly mostly their income tax rebate checks.

Last edited by justplugit; 04-29-2009 at 07:52 PM..

" Choose Life "
Old 04-30-2009, 06:56 AM   #74
striperman36
Old Guy

Quote:
You mock what you don't understand. I have proof.

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hp?t=115720731

-spence
Thats your proof? Steriods are an issue.
Old 04-30-2009, 10:31 AM   #75
buckman

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyD View Post
Ever since the market started heading up, buckman hasn't had a daily metric to use to blame Obama for the economic crisis.
Try this one on JD, should bring a smile to your face

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090430/...ns_exxon_mobil
Old 04-30-2009, 10:34 AM   #76
buckman

Quote:

When Disco was KING!!!
How about maybe like 1933? Or how about, how the eff do we pay for it in say..... 2012?
Old 04-30-2009, 01:01 PM   #77
striperman36
Old Guy

Quote:

I feel so bad.
My cousin drive a commercial dive boat in the gulf, one with saturation divers, he's so busy, working on existing infrastructure he's welcoming the slow down.
He's on with 1 other capt, 12 on 12 off for 28 days, then 14 days off
boat never goes into shore except for repair requiring yard services, everything else is lightered out.
Old 04-30-2009, 01:07 PM   #78
JohnnyD

Quote:

Good.

They rode record profits on oil prices they helped to drive up. They limited production at refineries to keep prices high, even as the per barrel cost came down.

That is the problem with multi-billion dollar company that has all their eggs in one basket. Unless they adjust their business model to deal with energy outside of oil, they will fail just like our domestic auto companies are.
Old 05-01-2009, 11:44 AM   #79
Swimmer
Retired Surfer

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulS View Post

Bush was blamed for everything that anyone did, so whats the difference. Intelligent, no, but if he didn't know what was going on with his backup plane, then his admin is out of control.

Swimmer a.k.a. YO YO MA
Serial Mailbox Killer/Seal Fisherman
Old 05-01-2009, 03:34 PM   #80
buckman

Quote:
Yea, I think you're talking out of your ass.

I'd be willing to wager the exact same thing would have happened and McCain would have found out about it just like Obama appears to have...after the fact.

How much did Bush spend to stage that "Mission Accomplished" photo op? Hell, he had an entire US carrier group tied up probably all day.

Yea, and the insenstitive, stupid and hypocritical people Bush surrounded himself with have cost us a heck of a lot more than a few hundred grand and some scared voters.

-spence
Your wrong Spence, any Whitehouse Director in the McCain administration wouldn't have dared pull a stunt like that. I'm still shocked that she still has her job. She shows such poor judgement.

And the leading economic indicators are mixed at best. I'm all for recovery. Just because I don't drink from the same glass as you, doesn't mean we both don't want the same thing. Let's just say I'm a skeptic. FYI the doesn't make me a racist either.
Old 05-01-2009, 04:46 PM   #81
spence

Quote:
Your wrong Spence, any Whitehouse Director in the McCain administration wouldn't have dared pull a stunt like that. I'm still shocked that she still has her job. She shows such poor judgement.
And you're basing that assertion on what exactly?

I hope not a Republican record of sound judgment

-spence
Old 05-01-2009, 05:39 PM   #82
buckman

Quote:
And you're basing that assertion on what exactly?

I hope not a Republican record of sound judgment

-spence
I'm basing it on his total respect for American values and what he put himself through for his country. I think his respect for all things related to 9/11 goes deeper then just words.

The only thing we can base the Obama administrations decision making on, are the decicions that were made.

You seem to have a grasp on the pulse of Obama. What went through their collective heads to come up with this TOP SECRET buzzing of the 9/11 site.
Old 05-01-2009, 05:57 PM   #83
spence

Quote:
I'm basing it on his total respect for American values and what he put himself through for his country. I think his respect for all things related to 9/11 goes deeper then just words.
Which must explain why McCain was one of Bush's most vocal Republican critics of his handling of Iraq, our response to 9/11?

Quote:
You seem to have a grasp on the pulse of Obama. What went through their collective heads to come up with this TOP SECRET buzzing of the 9/11 site.
Yes, that was their objective...to scare New Yorkers

Poor judgment? Yes, seems like it was, but from what I've read this was a somewhat standard process to update photos of Air Force One.

-spence
Old 05-02-2009, 07:28 AM   #84
buckman

Quote:
Poor judgment? Yes, seems like it was, but from what I've read this was a somewhat standard process to update photos of Air Force One.

-spence
Maybe poor judgment? Standard process? Show me when they last buzzed New York. When do we get to see the new photos? I'm betting never.