Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » The Scuppers

The Scuppers This is a new forum for the not necessarily fishing related topics...

Old 04-30-2009, 12:32 PM   #1
BigFish
BigFish Bait Co.

Send a message via AIM to BigFish
New Dodge Challenger R/T!

Have you seen them driving around yet?? Man they are sweet looking rides! Very tough looking! Love the retro look with the new styling! Curious what they have for power under the hood??

Almost time to get our fish on!!!
BigFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2009, 12:54 PM   #2
fishbones

I saw one last week parked next to my car in a parking lot. At first I thought it was an old muscle car until I got closer. Sweet looking ride. I went home and looked online and I think they come standard with a 6 but you can get them with a Hemi in the R/T model.

Conservatism is not about leaving people behind. Conservatism is about empowering people to catch up, to give them tools at their disposal that make it possible for them to access all the hope, all the promise, all the opportunity that America offers. - Marco Rubio
fishbones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2009, 01:27 PM   #3
gf2020

You can probably get a good deal on one...

Chrysler files for bankruptcy, signs Fiat deal
REUTERS
By Poornima Gupta and John Crawley

DETROIT/WASHINGTON (Reuters) - Chrysler LLC -- battered for the past two years by disappearing global auto sales and the credit crisis -- filed for bankruptcy on Thursday and announced an industry-changing deal with Fiat after talks to restructure its debt broke down.

Despite weeks of intense negotiations, Chrysler failed to gain the full support from its lenders to avoid the first-ever bankruptcy filing by a major U.S. automaker.

The move was hailed by President Barack Obama as a critical step in saving 30,000 jobs at Chrysler and hundreds of thousands more jobs in affiliated suppliers and dealers.

At the same time, Chrysler as expected entered into an alliance with Italian automaker Fiat SpA where it sold a stake starting at 20 percent and in which Fiat can become the majority owner once the government loans are repaid.

The Chapter 11 filing, in U.S. Bankruptcy Court in Manhattan, sent shock waves through the entire industry -- including Chrysler's rivals, suppliers, dealers and the hundreds of thousands who rely on the industry for their livelihoods.

As part of the filing, the U.S. government will provide up to $3.5 billion in debtor-in-possession (DIP) financing and up to $4.5 billion in exit financing. Obama said he hopes the entire process will take only 30 to 60 days.

(Click on http://static.reuters.com/resources/...r%20filing.pdf to see the full filing)

The legal proceedings will be overseen by Judge Arthur Gonzalez, the same jurist who oversaw the Enron Corp and WorldCom Inc bankruptcies.

FIGHTIN' WORDS

The bankruptcy signals that Obama is prepared to play hardball with holdout lenders rather than knuckle under to their demands and will likely set the tone for similar discussions with bondholders of General Motors Corp -- which is now on the clock to restructure its operations by the end of May.

While Obama voiced his support for Chrysler and the deal with Fiat, he was pointed in his criticism of the investors who did not agree to this deal.

"I don't stand with them. I stand with Chrysler's employees and their families and communities," the president said. "I don't stand with those who held out when everybody else is making sacrifices. That's why I'm supporting Chrysler's plans to use our bankruptcy laws to clear away its remaining obligations."

This is not the first major government action with Chrysler. In 1980, U.S. President Jimmy Carter signed a bill providing Chrysler with more than $1 billion in loan guarantees.

Once again, the state of Michigan -- and in particular the Detroit area -- will be disproportionately hurt by the auto industry's woes.

"The industry's current crisis, with the potential for bankruptcy or consolidation, represents a fundamental shift in the state's economic base, rather than a simple cyclical downturn," Moody's said in a recent report.

"Bankruptcy is what they have been headed for in the past several months," said Mirko Mikelic, portfolio manager at Fifth Third Bank. "The biggest concern now is that the different stakeholders will be able to make the tough decisions they need to make.

Chrysler Chief Executive Robert Nardelli will leave the automaker following the emergence from bankruptcy. The U.S. government will place six members on the new company's board and Fiat will appoint three.

Investors reacted positively to the news. GM shares were up 6.6 percent and Ford Motor Co was up 7.2 percent in afternoon trading on the New York Stock Exchange.

FIAT: A DONE DEAL

The bankruptcy filing did not stall the Fiat deal.

Chrysler has been seeking a rescue deal from the Italian automaker while also trying to finalize its debt agreement.

The debt restructuring talks have been spearheaded by the Obama administration's autos task force and former investment banker Steve Rattner.

In a bid to win over three fund firms that had spurned an offer to accept $2 billion in cash in exchange for writing off all of Chrysler's $6.9 billion in secured debt, U.S. officials sweetened the terms by throwing in another $250 million, people familiar with those discussions said.

Chrysler, majority-owned by Cerberus Capital Group , has been among the car industry's laggards, but its plight reflects a slump in demand facing an industry whose $2.6 trillion annual revenue is equivalent to the GDP of France and which employs more than 9 million people.

HISTORY-MAKING

The bankruptcy marks a key moment for the automaker and for the struggling American manufacturing sector.

In 1925, Walter P. Chrysler established Chrysler Corp. Three years later, the company laid the cornerstone for the Chrysler Building, briefly the world's tallest building and still an unmistakable part of the Manhattan skyline.
gf2020 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2009, 04:34 PM   #4
MakoMike

Might be able to buy one real cheap soon!

****MakoMike****

Http://www.Makomania.net

Official S-B Sponsor
MakoMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2009, 08:08 PM   #5
Adam_777

probably get the cheaper one under 20k with a v6 and the bigger one with a v8 closer to 30 and over.Chyrsler filed bankruptcy today but supposed deal with fiat will keep them running and warranty is still valid.
Adam_777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2009, 11:58 PM   #6
flyvice11787

Larry,
If you're looking at a R/T, it comes with a 5.7 lt. V8 that puts out 327 hp. The Challenger is a sweet ride . MSRP is about $30k, so you should be able to get one for about $25k. Pretty hard to transport those 1 piece rods though .
flyvice11787 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2009, 05:07 AM   #7
Tagger
Hydro Orientated Lures

I love the car too .. I grew up with muscle cars .. Can't help but look at and wonder what the heck they are thinking .. A muscle car is a 2 hr. Sunday driver .
Tagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2009, 06:09 AM   #8
redneck24
WTF

we have had the 5.7 hemi with mds get up to 24 mpg. all depends how you drive it.

diamondbanger
redneck24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2009, 06:58 AM   #9
5/0
Eels

IM a Big fan of Dodge (I own a Dodge)but I must confess,the new Camaro is much sickerrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!
Attached Images

Live bait sharp hooks and timing is all you need
5/0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009, 02:11 PM   #10
Rockport24
President - S-B Chapter - Kelly Clarkson Fan Club

I was thinking the same thing Larry, first time I saw it, I thought it was just a super nice and unique restoration. They are badass!
here's the pic:
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2009-Dodge-Challenger.jpg
Views:	112
Size:	24.1 KB
ID:	33631  
Rockport24 is offline   Reply With Quote